My mom always made this salad for Christmas dinner, so it's been a family favorite for many years. I teach special education at the high school level and often incorporate cooking into my lessons. Whenever we make this recipe at school, it's always a hit with the students.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit sour cream, marshmallows and coconut. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. If desired, serve in a lettuce-lined bowl or on individual lettuce-lined plates.
WINTER CITRUS SALAD WITH HONEY DRESSING
This citrus salad requires only that you overcome the notion that salads must be green; it's a novel and wonderful antidote to sorry-looking lettuce. If you're lucky and can find blood oranges, use them; same with the odd, supremely delicious and usually quite pricey pomelos.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories easy, quick, salads and dressings
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Peel citrus, removing as much pith as possible, and slice into wheels. Remove any pits, layer fruit on a serving dish, sprinkle with salt and garnish with chopped onion.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, lime juice and tarragon until well combined; taste, adjust seasoning as needed and drizzle over salad.
ROSEMARY CITRUS SALAD
- For the rosemary syrup: Combine the sugar, rosemary sprigs and 1 cup water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool, then strain out the rosemary. Stir in the lemon juice.
- For the salad: To assemble, divide the yogurt among 8 glasses, top with a mix of the oranges, blood oranges, mandarin oranges and grapefruit and drizzle the rosemary syrup over the top.
MAPLE CITRUS SALAD
- With a vegetable peeler remove a 2 by 1-inch piece of zest from 1 of the oranges, being careful not to peel off any of the white pith. Cut into thin strips and set aside.
- Cut about 1/2 inch off of the top and bottom each piece of fruit. Remove the peel and pith from each piece of fruit by standing it on its end and cutting down along the curve of the fruit. Slice the fruit into 1/4 inch thick rounds and arrange on a platter.
- In a small bowl combine the maple syrup, lemon juice and cinnamon. Pour the dressing over the fruit, garnish with the zest and serve.
REFRESHING CITRUS SALAD
- Combine canola oil, sugar, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic, and paprika in a jar. Close and shake jar until dressing is well mixed.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Pour in half of the dressing; toss to mix. Arrange mandarin oranges, grape tomatoes, almonds, Gorgonzola cheese, and green onions on top.
AVOCADO CITRUS SALAD
We have a 2-1/2-acre avocado grove. It's located on a high slope just north of town. In the distance, we see foothills covered with avocado and citrus groves. Those two crops make a great combination in this salad. Friends always request it. -Dorothy Kostas, Escondido, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Add avocados. In a large salad bowl, toss remaining ingredients. Pour the dressing over salad and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.
CITRUS FRUIT SALAD
Fresh pineapple with yogurt and pecans is a merry update of the classic ambrosia salad. We stir it up for breakfast, a snack or as a bright side. -Heather Rivers, Boise, ID
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in yogurt., Just before serving, add fruit and stir gently to combine. Sprinkle with pecans.
CITRUS STEAK SALAD
Your family will think you spent hours on this beautiful main dish salad with its from-scratch dressing, but it's an absolute cinch! -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings (1 cup vinaigrette).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; set aside. Divide romaine among four plates; top with steak, strawberries, onion, oranges, pecans and cheese. Serve with vinaigrette.
GRILLED CHICKEN CITRUS SALAD
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime juice, shallots, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and sugar. Pour 1/2 of this mixture into a large, resealable plastic bag, and add the chicken breasts. Seal, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Refrigerate the remaining dressing.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. In a large salad bowl, toss romaine lettuce with oranges, celery, and green onions. Set aside.
- Lightly oil grate, and place chicken on grill. Discard the marinade from the chicken. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes each side, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Remove chicken from grill, and slice into thin strips.
- Toss salad with reserved dressing, and top with sliced chicken.
CITRUS WALNUT SALAD
I created this salad as a nice fresh side to a light summer meal. Easy to change or customize for different tastes. You can plate the salad individually for a nice presentation.
Provided by dana_shmana
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread walnuts on a baking sheet.
- Toast walnuts in the preheated oven until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Slice top and bottom off 1 orange and set on a flat work surface. Cut downwards from the top, following the curve of the fruit, to remove all of the skin and pith. Repeat with remaining orange and grapefruit.
- Holding 1 orange over a bowl to catch juice, cut both sides of each segment away from the connective membrane and transfer to a separate bowl. Squeeze extra juice from the membranes into the bowl. Repeat with remaining orange and grapefruit.
- Mix toasted walnuts, salad greens, and feta cheese into the bowl of orange and grapefruit segments.
- Pour orange and grapefruit juice into a glass measuring cup. Add enough pomegranate juice to reach 1/3 cup. Whisk in 1 teaspoon orange zest, sugar, parsley, and salt. Whisk in oil until dressing is thick.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut citrus fruit into supremes, making sure to reserve juices.
- On dessert plates, alternate grapefruit and orange supremes in an outside circle, leaving room in center for bananas.
- Combine juices which came out of grapefruit and oranges when you peeled and cut them into supremes, with some flavored syrup.
- Peel bananas, cut into thin rounds and center them inside oranges and grapefruit. Drizzle syrup over citrus and bananas and garnish with fresh mint.
- Heat wine, water, honey and cheesecloth bag and simmer, uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until 1 1/2 cups of liquid remain. Remove and discard cheesecloth.
- Use to spoon over citrus, bananas, kiwi, fresh apricots, peaches and nectarines
- In a cheesecloth, tie 12 crushed cardamom pods, whole coriander seeds, whole cloves and allspice or anything else you really like.
- Place lime slices, tangerine sections, navel orange, and grapefruit in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the lime zest, mandarin orange zest, shallots, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Pour over the fruit. Arrange dressed fruit atop romaine lettuce to serve.
- For the dressing: Add the oil, orange juice, honey, vinegar and mustard to a mason jar and shake to mix.
- For the citrus salad: Carefully cut off the peel of the oranges and limes to remove the pith, then slice.
- Layer the orange and lime slices on a plate and sprinkle over the radishes. Drizzle with some of the dressing and top with the mint leaves.
People also searched
More about "recipe citrus salad"
CITRUS SALAD RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | FOOD NETWORK
2015-05-30 · Place the fruit segments and fennel in a salad bowl. In a blender or the bowl of a small food processor, blend together the oil, basil and 3 tablespoons of the reserved juice …
- Place a sieve over a medium bowl. Hold an orange over the bowl, and using a paring knife, cut along the membrane on both sides of each segment. Free the segments and let them fall into the sieve. Repeat with the grapefruit. Squeeze the membranes over the bowl to extract as much juice as possible, reserving the juices in the bottom of the bowl. Place the fruit segments and fennel in a salad bowl.
- In a blender or the bowl of a small food processor, blend together the oil, basil and 3 tablespoons of the reserved juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over the fruit and fennel. Add the chopped walnuts and toss until all the ingredients are coated.
10 BEST ORANGE CITRUS SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-20 · Easy Citrus Salad Dressing Homemade Zagat lime, worcestershire sauce, chopped parsley, black pepper, ketchup and 2 more Tequila Citrus Salad Dressing Savour the Senses lemon zest, cilantro, garlic, orange juice, olive oil, jalapeno and 6 …
See details »
CITRUS SALAD DRESSING (EASY VINAGIRETTE!) – A COUPLE COOKS
2019-11-14 · Zest the orange. In a medium bowl, mix the orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup, salt and a grind of fresh black pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil 1 …
- Zest the orange. In a medium bowl, mix the orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup, salt and a grind of fresh black pepper.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time (8 tablespoons total), until creamy and emulsified. If desired, season with additional salt.
37 CITRUS RECIPES WITH ORANGE, LEMON, LIME, AND GRAPEFRUIT ...
- Charred Kale With Citrus and Green Tahini. Enough with having to give free massages to stubbornly tough greens. In this dish, a quick char in a hot skillet tempers the raw edge of kale and balances its vegetal flavor.
- Chicken Salad With Citrus and Chile Oil. With plenty of protein, a double punch of acid from citrus and vinegar, and a garlicky chili oil, this salad is made for dinner.
- Crispy Rice With Ginger-Citrus Celery Salad. To get the best texture, evenly distribute the rice in your pan and gently press down to flatten it. Don’t touch until you hear it crackle!
- Citrus-Ginger Raita With Spice Oil. Ginger and orange juice give this raita a holiday feel. Treat it like cranberry sauce–it goes with everything. View Recipe.
- Raw and Crispy Kale Salad With Ginger and Coconut. In this refreshing Thanksgiving salad, half the kale gets crisped up in the oven like chips while the rest is tossed with a gingery soy-tahini dressing.
- No-Fail Roast Chicken with Lemon and Garlic. Only 6 ingredients, and you'll always know when it's done. View Recipe.
- Grapefruit Bars with Candied Zest. The twice-cooked curd method ensures that these bars are extra sturdy and have a smooth, shiny surface. View Recipe.
- Pomelo Salad with Chile, Lime, Peanuts, and Coconut. A palate cleanser packed with sweet, sour, and salty flavors; taste and tweak the seasonings as you go.
- Ginger-Citrus Cookies. Blanching the citrus peel in several changes of boiling water removes bitterness while still leaving plenty of bright flavor behind.
- Scrunched Cabbage Salad with Grapefruit and Chiles. Not just for slaw, cabbage is a snappy base that can handle lots of refreshing acidity—in this case from torn grapefruit and hot-and-sour chiles—without withering.
EASY CITRUS SALAD DRESSING RECIPE | NKECHI AJAEROH
2020-06-05 · Instructions. Zest the orange. Squeeze the juice out of lemon and orange using a squeezer. In a mason jar, add all the ingredients: salt, pepper, turmeric, honey, freshly squeezed orange juice, …
- In a mason jar, add all the ingredients: salt, pepper, turmeric, honey, freshly squeezed orange juice, lemon juice, grate in the garlic, and olive oil. Then cover the mason jar, and give it a very good shake. Taste and adjust appropriately, enjoy!
WINTER CITRUS SALAD RECIPE - NO SPOON NECESSARY
2019-02-07 · To make a citrus honey vinaigrette, or dressing, whisk citrus juice with vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard and minced garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil …
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, honey, Dijon and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. While whisking, stream in the olive oil. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper and adjust for sweetness with more honey if desired. (Dressing will keep in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for a week.)
- Assemble the salad: Layer lettuce with oranges, avocado, shallots, cucumber and fresh herbs. Sprinkle with pomegranate, walnuts and crispy chickpeas.
CITRUS SALAD - REFRESHING WINTER SALAD RECIPE
2019-11-08 · This winter citrus salad recipe is full of crisp winter greens and uses a mix of of beautiful citrus of the season’s best. Tangy grapefruit, sweet Cara Cara oranges, bright and bold blood …
- Add the dressing ingredients to a bowl or a jar. Whisk or shake until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- PREP GREENS: Remove and discard the hearty stems and tear or chop the kale leaves into thin piece and place in a large bowl. Drizzle a little bit of dressing and use your hands to massage until the leaves start to soften and wilt.Add the baby spinach and cabbage and drizzle with a little bit more dressing and toss lightly to coat.
BEET-AND-CITRUS SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2013-10-30 · Preheat oven to 350°. Trim beet stems to 1 inch; gently wash beets, and place in an 8-inch square pan. Add 1/4 cup water, and cover with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until …
- Preheat oven to 350°. Trim beet stems to 1 inch; gently wash beets, and place in an 8-inch square pan. Add 1/4 cup water, and cover with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until tender. Uncover and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Cut a 1/4-inch-thick slice from each end of grapefruit using a sharp, thin-bladed knife. Place, flat ends down, on a cutting board, and remove peel in strips, cutting from top to bottom following the curvature of fruit. Remove any remaining bitter white pith. Holding peeled grapefruit over a bowl, slice between membranes, and gently remove whole segments. Reserve 1/4 cup juice.
- Peel beets, and slice into wedges. Arrange arugula on a large platter; top with grapefruit and beets. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with pistachios. Add salt and pepper to taste.
CITRUS SALAD WITH FENNEL & AVOCADO RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
2020-03-12 · Citrus Salad Recipe Ingredients. When I’m adding citrus to a salad, you can bet that fennel, avocado, and mint won’t be far behind. Each of these ingredients highlights the sweet, juicy fruit in a different way. You’ll find them all here, along with a few other key components: Citrus, of course! It couldn’t be a citrus salad without a good mix of citrus …
- In a medium bowl, toss the sliced fennel with a few drizzles of the dressing. Set aside for 15 minutes so the fennel softens a bit.
- Assemble the salad on a platter by arranging half of the sliced fennel, all the roasted fennel, radicchio, and half of the citrus segments. Drizzle with a few spoonfuls of the dressing and sprinkle with salt. Layer the remaining fennel and the remaining citrus onto the salad. Top with the avocado, pine nuts, pecorino, and mint. Drizzle with more dressing, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.
CITRUS SALAD WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | NO CALORIE ...
¼ cup orange juice. 2 tablespoons light olive oil. 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard. 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice. 2 packets Splenda® Granulated Sweetener. Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
CITRUS SALAD RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
Citrus Salad. 6 - 7 oranges, preferably a mix of regular and blood oranges (or just regular oranges) 4 limes. 12 radishes, sliced. Handful fresh mint leaves. Directions Dressing. 1. Add the oil, orange juice, honey, vinegar and mustard to a mason jar and shake to mix. Citrus Salad. 1. Carefully cut off the peel of the oranges and limes to ...
MIXED CITRUS GREEN SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2010-02-08 · Step 1 Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Arrange 2 cups salad on each of 7 plates; drizzle with 1 tablespoon Orange-Poppy Seed Dressing (reserve remaining dressing for another use). Top each serving with 3 walnut halves.
CITRUS SUPERFOOD SALAD WITH SPICY CRISPY KALE
Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl then set to one side. Step 5. Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a bullet style blender and blend until smooth. Pour half over the salad and mix to combine. Step 6. Serve the salad immediately, topping with extra dressing if …
See details »
13 IMMUNE-BOOSTING CITRUS SALADS | ALLRECIPES
2021-01-11 · Thinly sliced red onions and salted cashews are combined with salad greens, avocado, oranges, and clementines for a peppery, juicy, and totally fresh salad. Home cook Natasha recommends sprinkling the dish with pomegranate for an extra burst of color. Romaine and Mandarin Orange Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
See details »
MELON SALAD WITH A CITRUS HONEY MINT DRESSING | THE RECIPE ...
2021-07-31 · How to make Melon Salad with Citrus Honey Mint Dressing. It only takes as long as scooping out the melon to make this recipe!! It looks impressive and colorful all while being simple and insanely delicious! Scooping the melon: Take each melon and using your melon scoop (or if you don’t have one, just cut the melon into cubes). Scoop out the melon and place it into the bowl. Do this for all …
See details »