BASIC VINAIGRETTE DRESSING WITH 8 VARIATIONS
Bottled salad dressing can be convenient but its expensive and often full of salt, sugar, and chemical additives. Making your own is simple and allows you to customize the seasonings to suit whatever meal you are preparing. The amounts given make about 1/4 cup and can be expanded infinitely for larger salads. It can be made several days ahead and kept in the fridge. Sorry about the slightly odd way of putting the ingredients for the creamy dressing variations. The recipe editor is picky about what it will accept.
Provided by 3KillerBs
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 1/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 34
- Shake all ingredients for your chosen variation together in a tightly-lidded container OR whisk together in a small bowl.
- Let stand 10 minutes to rehydrate dried herbs and blend flavors.
- Shake again then dress salad as desired.
- Note -- I recommend the lemon dressing on spinach.
- Note -- I recommend the Bacon Dressing, Mustard Dressing, and Balsamic Vinaigrette on strong greens such as escarole, curly endive, and dandelion greens.
- Note -- The sweeter version of the mustard dressing is great for a vinegar coleslaw if you discover that you have accidentally gotten one of those occasional cabbages that are a touch on the bitter side.
- Note -- feel free to play with other seasonings, more complex blends, flavored oils, and flavored vinegars. Once you've learned the technique you can customize your salad dressing to suit just about any meal.
SESAME SALAD DRESSING
For a pleasant, fresh Asian flavor, try this super-easy mixture from Jean Ecos, a field editor from Hartland, Wisconsin. It's light but has plenty of personality.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 cup.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a small bowl, whisk all of the ingredients. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
People also searched
More about "recipes for salad dressings homemade"
8 HEALTHY SALAD DRESSING RECIPES YOU SHOULD MAKE AT HOME
2019-09-25 · Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake until well combined. Alternatively, for thicker dressings like the ranch or Italian, you can …
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake until well combined. Alternatively, for thicker dressings like the ranch or Italian, you can combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until well combined and smooth.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING: 9 EASY RECIPES!
2021-01-13 · Homemade Creamy Italian Salad Dressing Creamy Italian: Blend 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoon each sour cream and olive …
- Classic Ranch: whisk 1/3 cup buttermilk, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons each chopped parsley and chives, 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. (You can sub 1 tablespoon each of dried parsley and chives for the fresh) Once you start making homemade ranch, you’ll never go back to the store-bought stuff again. SO GOOD! This is perfect for cob salads, to dip fries in, over chicken salads, and most any other salads with romaine and other leaf lettuces as the base.
- Creamy Italian: Blend 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoon each sour cream and olive oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 clove garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a blender. Stir in 1 tablespoon chopped parsley.
- Classic Vinaigrette: Whisk 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and pepper to taste. Gradually whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil.
- Roasted Garlic: Slice the top off 1 head garlic; drizzle with olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil and roast at 400 degree until tender, about 35 minutes. Cool and then squeeze out the cloves. Blend the roasted garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and pepper to taste in a blender. I’m obsessed with this one. SO good! Make a double batch and use part of it for a marinade for chicken breast. It’s also amazing on roasted vegetables. I made my freezer to slow cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs and served it with a simple side salad and this dressing last night and I couldn’t get enough. Super easy, healthy, delicious, whole food meal the whole family loves.
50+ HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSINGS AND VINAIGRETTE RECIPES ...
2017-07-24 · Below you’ll find 50+ homemade salad dressings and vinaigrette recipes in one organized and alphabetical list. From, the reader favorite, Avocado Salad Dressing to Zesty Italian Dressinade and just about everything in between. But PLEASE feel free to leave a salad dressing …
SIMPLEST VINEGAR & OIL QUICK SALAD DRESSING - RECIPES
2018-05-29 · Keep it Healthy: Fat-free, low sodium chicken or vegetable broth can replace some oil in any dressing recipe, so can water. Tip: This simple dressings is a great base-dressings…
EASY SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | REAL SIMPLE
2012-05-04 · Creamy Herb Dressing. Credit: Paul Sirisalee. Add instant zing to your veggies with these homemade dressings and vinaigrettes. Start Slideshow.
See details »
10 BEST HOMEMADE LOW CALORIE SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-22 · Benihana's Ginger Salad Dressing Recipe DarceyOlson soy sauce, salt, tomato paste, rice wine vinegar, chopped celery and 6 more Low-calorie Garlic Sauce Fab-food.eu
See details »
10 SIMPLE HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING RECIPES - BUDGET BYTES
2020-02-23 · Budget Bytes » Extra Bytes » Recipe Roundups » 10 Simple Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes. To DIY or not to DIY, that is the question. Whether you want to make your own homemade salad dressing because it’s more delicious, cost effective, or because you have control over the ingredients, having an arsenal of homemade dressing recipes …
See details »
HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
2020-07-13 · Whisk red wine vinegar, Dijon, and minced garlic with olive oil to make the perfect vinaigrette for any homemade salad. This recipe is easily multiplied, so you can keep a jar of it in the refrigerator to top a salad whenever the mood strikes.
See details »
47 SALAD DRESSING RECIPES THAT ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN ...
- Balsamic Vinaigrette from Damn Delicious. Perhaps the most popular vinaigrette of all, this one is sweet but versatile. It’ll pair equally well with a strawberry-spinach number or a tomato, basil, and mozzarella caprese.
- Blueberry-Balsamic Vinaigrette from Live Eat Learn. If your favorite thing about balsamic is its sweetness, you’ll go nuts for this even sweeter blueberry version.
- Honey-Mustard Dressing from Cafe Delites. This sweet-and-spicy dressing also makes an excellent dipping sauce for French fries, in case you were wondering.
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette from Gimme Some Oven. Take advantage of this fruit with a bright vinaigrette like this one. If you want some texture, blogger Ali recommends adding poppy seeds.
- Tangy Mango Dressing from Well Plated. Transport yourself away from the cold with this warm-weather salad dressing.
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette from Eating Bird Food. Here’s a great way to use up that huge bottle of apple cider vinegar in your pantry. Get the recipe here.
- Italian Dressing from Culinary Hill. Made from a mix of red wine vinegar, garlic, and dried oregano, this homemade recipe has all the flavors you know and love from store-bought Italian dressing.
- Sesame-Ginger Dressing from Creme de la Crumb. You know that amazing dressing they put on the side salads at sushi restaurants? This is that dressing.
- Greek Dressing from How Sweet Eats. Thanks to dill, this dressing is slightly different from Italian dressing and especially great when served with Greek salad.
- Shallot Vinaigrette from Foodie Crush. Shallots, oil, and vinegar are a match made in heaven. Vinegar takes the edge off of raw shallots’ potent, oniony kick, so you’ll actually get to enjoy their subtle savory flavor.
12 BEST SALAD DRESSING RECIPES - EASY HOMEMADE SALAD ...
- Lemon Vinaigrette. This light, bright dressing is my favorite reminder of just how simple homemade dressing can be. It comes together with just olive oil, lemon juice and zest, plus a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Two-Minute Creamy Salad Dressing. If you love ranch, this fast and fancy dressing will be right up your alley. It starts with an unlikely pantry ingredient — mayo — which gives it lots of body and creaminess.
- Basic Vinaigrette. Here’s your template for making a simple tangy vinaigrette without any type of oil or vinegar you have in the pantry. Get the recipe: Basic Vinaigrette.
- Miso & Citrus Salad Dressing. Want an easy dressing that’s even faster and more foolproof than a vinaigrette? All it takes is some miso paste and any kind of citrus you have on hand.
- The Easiest, Creamiest Caesar Dressing. If the idea of making Caesar dressing at home feels intimidating or like it’s a lot of work, this recipe will absolutely show you otherwise.
- Ginger Carrot Dressing. You can make this zippy carrot ginger dressing from start to finish in the blender or food processor — minimal chopping required.
- Raspberry Vinaigrette. If you have a thing for fruit vinaigrettes, this five-ingredient raspberry version will be right up your alley. Take your pick between fresh or frozen berries.
- 3-Ingredient Green Tahini Sauce. I use this sauce as a dressing for salads and grain bowls more than any other. It comes together with whatever fresh herbs you have on hand (they’re all fair game), tahini, and lemon.
- Classic Greek Vinaigrette. Classic Greek vinaigrette is more than just a red wine vinaigrette with a little oregano for color. Nope, this classic gets its sass from the one-two punch of red wine vinegar and lemons.
- Honey Citrus Vinaigrette. Take my advice and drizzle this tangy three-ingredient dressing over every fruit salad you make this summer. You’ll never look at fruit salad the same way again, trust me.
50 SALAD DRESSING RECIPES : RECIPES AND COOKING : FOOD ...
- Classic Vinaigrette: Whisk 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and pepper to taste. Gradually whisk in 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Shallot–White Wine: Make Classic Vinaigrette (No. 1), replacing the red wine vinegar with white wine vinegar; add 1 minced shallot.
- Roasted Garlic: Slice the top off 1 head garlic; drizzle with olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil and roast at 400 degrees F until tender, 35 minutes. Cool, then squeeze out the cloves.
- Bistro Bacon: Make Classic Vinaigrette (No. 1); add 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese, 3 slices crumbled cooked bacon and 2 tablespoons chopped chives.
- Mediterranean: Make Classic Vinaigrette (No. 1); mash in 1/2 cup crumbled feta, then whisk in 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon dried oregano and 1 diced plum tomato.
- Dijon: Whisk 3 tablespoons each dijon mustard and champagne vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and pepper to taste. Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Spicy Honey-Mustard: Whisk 2 teaspoons each honey and dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon each lime zest and kosher salt. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup each olive oil and vegetable oil, then add 2 teaspoons chopped thyme and 1/2 minced jalapeno.
- Mango-Lime: Purée 1 chopped peeled mango, the zest and juice of 1 lime, and 1 teaspoon each dijon mustard, sugar and kosher salt in a blender. Gradually blend in 1/4 cup rice vinegar and 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- Italian Soak: 2 tablespoons minced red onion in cold water, 15 minutes; drain. Pile 1/2 garlic clove, 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt on aboard; chop and mash into a paste.
- Creamy Italian: Blend 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons each sour cream and olive oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 garlic clove and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a blender.
29 BEST SALAD DRESSING RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Warm Bacon Dressing. When you serve a steak dinner with all the fixings, it's always nice to round out the meal with a hearty salad. Warm bacon dressing is an excellent choice for such occasions, and stands up well to hearty spinach or kale leaves.
- Greek Salad Dressing. You only need four ingredients to assemble a classical Greek salad dressing. Shake it up in a mason jar, and use to dress simple "village salads" of tomato, cucumber, and red onion, adding lettuce, black olives, and feta cheese to suit your tastes.
- Caesar Salad Dressing. Caesar salad is always a hit, whether you serve it alongside heartier fare, or top it with chicken or shrimp for a lighter main course at lunch or dinner.
- Korean Gochujang Vinaigrette. Gochujang, or fermented red chili paste, is a staple condiment in Korean cooking with a fantastic combination of spicy, sweet, and savory notes.
- Japanese Onion, Ginger, and Carrot Salad Dressing. Flavorful, rich, and easy to whip up in the food processor, this Japanese-style dressing makes a delicious, modern, Asian-inspired topping for crisp, cold iceberg lettuce.
- Balsamic Salad Dressing. Skip store-bought dressing by making your own classic balsamic vinaigrette. It's one of the easiest and quickest dressings to whisk up, and adds a wonderfully tangy, slightly sweet flavor to mild greens.
- Creamy Blue Cheese Salad Dressing. It's so easy to make your own blue cheese dressing. Not only is it cheaper, you can also choose which great blue cheeses to use, such as gorgonzola or roquefort.
- Simple Italian Salad Dressing. This simple Italian dressing uses a very easy method for achieving a perfectly emulsified vinaigrette. The tiny dash of Dijon, when shaken, keeps the oil and vinegar mixed together for a restaurant-quality salad dressing.
- Elderflower Vinaigrette. Create a stunning vinaigrette for spring and summer salads with this unique recipe. Elderflower liqueur has a sweet, refreshing, floral taste that transforms simple vinaigrette ingredients.
- Vegan Thousand Island Dressing. Thousand island dressing is a classic topping for chopped iceberg lettuce that hails from the 1950s. Now vegans can enjoy its creamy, tangy goodness with this simple recipe that has all the retro salad dressing flavor you crave.
19 DELICIOUS HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING RECIPES
- Creamy Avocado Vinaigrette. You can say lemon and avocado are perfect for each other. Guacamole is the perfect example of this heavenly duo at their best.
- Easy One-Jar Lemon Salad Dressing. This lemon salad dressing is super easy to make and pairs well with all kinds of salad fixings. It’s zesty and extra refreshing with fresh veggies.
- Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette. Balsamic salad dressing is always a great go-to. While store-bought balsamic vinegar is okay, this homemade balsamic vinaigrette is better.
- Ranch Dressing. A store-bought ranch dressing can be fatty and filled with chemical emulsifiers. This ranch dressing is not just healthier but better tasting than what you find at the store.
- Simple French Dressing. Your pantry may have the ingredients needed for this French dressing recipe. Ketchup, white vinegar, mustard, 1 cup olive oil, and sugar make a pot.
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing. This creamy avocado cilantro lime salad dressing is great anytime but even better for summer. Honey, lime juice, and vinegar come together to make this dressing.
- Creamy Italian Salad Dressing. This Italian salad dressing is perfect for fresh veggies but also fabulous as a dip. With parmesan cheese, mayo, and garlic blend, it will leave diners satisfied.
- Lemon Bruschetta Salad Dressing. Try this sugar-free, low calorie, and full of healthy ingredients salad dressing. This bruschetta salad dressing is great for all you health-conscious folks out there or for those who need a break from a ranch dressing.
- Lemon Herb Vinaigrette. This lemon herb vinaigrette recipe is best with fresh ingredients. Pick only fresh herbs, lemon juice, and sun-dried tomatoes. It’s a pretty versatile dressing which goes well with potato salad, steamed asparagus, and a variety of chicken dishes.
- Raspberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette. Who knew dressings could be so wonderful? This raspberry dressing recipe is like dessert in a jar and the perfect complement to warm, summer days.
EIGHT LIGHT AND HEALTHY HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSINGS RECIPES ...
- Light and Creamy Avocado-Lime Salad Dressing. – Tangy, smooth, lightened up Avocado Salad Dressing with lime juice and creamy yogurt. [CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE]
- Garlic Parmesan Vinaigrette. – An easy to make, simple vinaigrette with grated Parmesan. [CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE]
- Green Onion Yogurt Salad Dressing. – Make your own creamy salad dressing with just plain yogurt, green onions, and basil! [CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE]
- Homemade Light Caesar Dressing. (without egg yolks!) – Amazing, lightened-up recipe for everyone’s favorite classic salad dressing! [CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE]
- Raspberry Vinaigrette. – Super quick and easy salad dressing to use up those beautiful fresh berries. [CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE]
- Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette. – A classic vinaigrette salad dressing made with maple syrup and dijon mustard. [CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE]
- Creamy Yogurt Salad Dressing. – Mixed with sour cream, yogurt, and dijon mustard, this is everyone’s favorite creamy salad dressing! [CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE]
- Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette. – A simple and delicious salad dressing combines the flavors of Dijon mustard and garlic! SO GOOD! [CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE]
10 SALAD DRESSINGS YOU CAN MAKE IN MINUTES - BBC GOOD FOOD
- French dressing. A classic recipe that everyone enjoys, made with oil and vinegar. This is the solid foundation of the salad dressing world. To make, whisk 1 tsp Dijon mustard with 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of sugar and salt and pepper in a small bowl or shake together in a jam jar.
- Honey & mustard. Sweet with a little bit of heat, this is another popular combination. Just five storecupboard ingredients stand between you and salad perfection.
- Sesame & soy. If you’re looking for a subtly nutty, savoury flavour then this Asian-style dressing is ideal. Just add 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil, 2 tbsp groundnut oil, juice of 1 lime, ¼ tsp chilli flakes and 1 tsp honey to a small bowl and stir together.
- Sherry & sultana. Plump, juicy sultanas and subtly sweet vinegar go nicely together in this orangey dressing. Whisk together the zest and juice of 1 orange, 4 tbsp sherry vinegar and 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl.
- Parsley. This light, herby dressing with a hint of garlic goes well with fish, pasta salad or a nutrient-packed tabbouleh. It’s not overwhelming and it’s just a shake away.
- Caper and anchovy. Garlic and anchovy is the ultimate savoury and salty combination. Finish with a drizzle of red wine vinegar and a handful of versatile capers.
- Ginger & wasabi. Add a little heat to your standard salad with this zingy ginger dressing. To make, grate a thumb-sized piece of ginger into a small bowl.
- Sweet chilli. With a slight kick that won’t blow your head off, this sweet and sticky chilli dressing adds a little something extra to any simple side salad.
- Tahini. This cool, delicate, sesame-based dressing goes well with Middle Eastern style salads or drizzled over griddled halloumi. To make, stir together 2 tbsp tahini with the juice of 1 lemon, salt, pepper and 6 tbsp water in a small bowl.
- Minty yogurt. What could be better than crunchy cucumber chunks and a light, minty sauce? To make, roughly chop ½ small pack of mint and a ¼ cucumber.
SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | DIABETIC GOURMET MAGAZINE
Salad Dressing Recipes. Make your own salad dressing that are low-carb, healthier, sugar-free and diabetic-friendly. Make a healthier, better tasting homemade dressing using fresh ingredients. All recipes include nutritional information, like carbohydrate and calories, to make your meal planning easier.
See details »
10 BEST HOMEMADE LOW SODIUM SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
CLASSIC SUMMER SALAD DRESSINGS | ALLRECIPES
2021-05-20 · Homemade ranch dressing can turn a boring green salad into something divine. Sure, store-bought dressings are convenient, but making it yourself is so much better, and often cheaper. And best of all, you can control all the ingredients. Here are 15 classic dressing recipes to get you started for a summer of deliciously dressed salads.
See details »
7 HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSINGS IDEAS IN 2021 | HOMEMADE SALADS ...
Jan 29, 2021 - Explore Pamela's board "Homemade salad dressings" on Pinterest. See more ideas about homemade salads, salad dressing recipes homemade, homemade salad dressing.
See details »
ROSEMARY LEMON GARLIC SALAD DRESSING RECIPE: 5-MINUTE ...
2021-08-01 · salad-dressing-recipes vinaigrette 30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
See details »
19 HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
See details »
THE ONLY 8 HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSINGS YOU REALLY NEED ...
Ranch Dressing. Credit: Elizabeth Laseter. Ranch dressing is creamy, comforting, and delicious, but the classic recipe of buttermilk, mayonnaise, garlic, and herbs is often full of calories, fat, and sodium. We've reimagined this much-loved dressing into a healthy, protein-packed recipe by trading most of the mayo for Greek yogurt.
See details »
THE BEST HOMEMADE RANCH SALAD DRESSING | EXORECIPES
The Best Homemade Ranch Salad Dressing tastes better than anything store-bought and only takes a few minutes to make. Ranch dressing is delicious on salads and as a dip for fresh vegetables. We love dipping pizza in ranch and these spicy chicken bites are awesome with ranch on the side too. There aren’t all that many recipes here on the blog that I label as “the best.” With nearly 1,500 ...
See details »
HEALTHY SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | EATINGWELL
Homemade poppy seed dressing pairs beautifully with tender spinach, crunchy almonds and juicy berries for a fantastically refreshing and easy spring salad. To make ahead, whisk dressing, combine salad ingredients and store separately. Toss the salad with the dressing just before serving.
See details »
SALAD DRESSING RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
See details »
SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Green Goddess Salad Dressing 28 This classic salad dressing includes mayonnaise, anchovies, vinegar, green onion, garlic, parsley, tarragon and chives. It can be prepared in a blender or food processor and is good served as a dressing for steamed artichokes, a seafood salad, or …
See details »