CLASSIC DINNER ROLLS
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Heat milk, water and butter until very warm (120 degrees to 130 degrees F). Add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1/4 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces; shape into balls. Place in greased 8-inch round pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven for 20 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; brush with additional melted butter, if desired. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107.9 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 5.9 mg, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 115.3 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
A great dinner roll. Or use this all purpose dough for cinnamon rolls, Swedish Tea Ring, or homemade "brown and serve" rolls. A keeper!
Provided by Aroostook
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 48 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup of warm water and set aside for 15 minutes or so.
- In a large bowl, add hot water and shortening. Let set until shortening melts.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Let cool until tepid.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Add two c.
- flour and mix well.
- Add yeast mixture.
- Stir and continue adding flour until a soft dough is formed
- Turn out on floured board and knead until the dough is pliable.
- Generously oil a large bowl and place dough in it.
- Turn dough in bowl until coated w/ oil.
- Cover w/ lid or heavy plate.
- Refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- When ready to use, punch dough down.
- Turn out on floured board and halve dough.
- You may make several styles of rolls with this.
- Cloverleaf rolls: Cut dough halve into three equal pieces.
- Cut the three pieces into 24 equal pieces.
- You have 72 pieces of dough.
- Grease 2 muffin tins (makes 24 rolls).
- Work dough into floured balls.
- Place three in each muffin tin.
- Brush with melted butter and let raise until doubled.
- Cook at 350F for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crusty.
- Brush w/ melted butter and serve.
- *These rolls may be made ahead, allowed to raise and frozen in muffin tins.
- Thaw for an hour and bake as usual.
- **These rolls may be cooked half way through, removed from oven, allowed to cool and are then frozen. When ready cook frozen for another 10-15 minutes until cooked through and browned.
- Thus ...A homemade version of"brown and serve".
- ***Dough will keep in fridge for two days.
- Keep punching it down.
- ****Dough makes great cinnamon buns or try Swedish tea ring which is filled w/ fruit of choice and cinnamon.
OVERNIGHT REFRIGERATOR ROLLS
Homemade dinner rolls couldn't be tastier. Their buttery flavor makes them a heartwarming accompaniment to soups, salads and a variety of entrees.-Jennifer Kauffman Figueroa, Greenville, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, shortening, sugar, salt, egg and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (do not knead). Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight., Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. , Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 207mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
EASY REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS
- In a small saucepan, heat margarine and water over low heat. When margarine has melted, remove pan from heat and stir in salt and 1/4 cup sugar.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/4 cup sugar in 1 cup warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine yeast mixture and margarine mixture. Stir in beaten eggs and 2 cups self-rising flour. Beat in remaining flour 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition, until a stiff dough is formed. Divide dough into two pieces and place each piece in a well oiled freezer bag. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Pull off pieces of dough and form into 2 inch diameter balls. Place in lightly oiled baking pans so that edges of balls are just touching. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake dough balls 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323.3 calories, Carbohydrate 44.5 g, Cholesterol 24.8 mg, Fat 13.2 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 862.7 mg, Sugar 7 g
EASY POTATO ROLLS
After I discovered this recipe, it became a mainstay for me. I make the dough ahead of time when company is coming, and I try to keep some in the refrigerator to bake for our ranch hands. Leftover mashed potatoes are almost sure to go into these rolls. -Jeanette McKinney, Belleview, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 45 rolls.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 2/3 cup warm water. In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sugar, shortening, eggs, salt, remaining 2/3 cup water, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough., Do not knead. Shape into a ball; place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour., Punch down dough; divide into thirds. Divide and shape 1 portion into 15 balls; place in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover with a kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining dough. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°., Bake rolls until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 136mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "refrigerator yeast rolls homemade recipes"
EASY REFRIGERATOR BREAD ROLLS RECIPE - A FEW SHORTCUTS
Reviews 1Category BreadCuisine BreadEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a mixer beat butter, sugar, eggs and salt and slowly add the yeast mixture. Mix in flour 1 cup at a time until dough comes together. About 4 cups.
OVERNIGHT REFRIGERATOR ROLLS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4/5 (94)Total Time 9 hrs 32 minsServings 24
- In a large mixing bowl combine the warm water and yeast; stir to dissolve yeast. Add 1-1/2 cups of the flour, the sugar, 1/3 cup melted butter, egg, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Using a wooden spoon, stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough that just starts to pull away from sides of bowl (dough will be slightly sticky).
- Coat a 3-quart covered container with cooking spray. Place dough in container; turn once to grease surface of dough. Cover and chill overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan or baking sheets.
- Shape dough into 24 balls or desired rolls (be careful not to overwork dough; it becomes stickier the more you work with it) and place in the prepared baking pan or 2 to 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 45 minutes).
MAKE AHEAD YEAST ROLLS - DAMN DELICIOUS
5/5 (2)Category BreadServings 15Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
MOM'S REFRIGERATOR DINNER ROLLS, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory BreadTotal Time 40 mins
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, vegetable shortening, and salt; stir until well blended. In a small saucepan, scald milk; pour over sugar mixture. Cool to lukewarm (105 to 115 degrees F).
- In a small bowl, combine yeast and water; stir until yeast is dissolved. Mix in egg until well blended; stir into milk mixture.
- Add 2 cups flour. Gradually stir in as much of the remaining flour as dough will absorb, mixing well. Check the dough. It should form a nice elastic ball. If you think the dough is too moist, add additional flour (a tablespoon at a time). The same is true if the dough is looking dry and gnarly. Add warm water (a tablespoon at a time). If you can not judge your dough by looking, stick your finger in and feel the dough. It should be slightly tacky to the touch.
- Place dough into a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover bowl (with dough in it) with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 5 days.
EASY YEAST ROLLS RECIPE FOR BEGINNERS | THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
3.9/5 (25)Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 48 mins
- Add a 1/4 cup warm water to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. Sprinkle in yeast, gently stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Once the yeast is ready, add the room-temperature milk, butter, and honey, 4 1/2 cups of flour, salt, and the beaten eggs to the bowl. Mix on low speed until the dough comes together.
- Increase the speed to medium-low/medium (speed 3 or 4 on a Kitchen Aid stand mixer), and knead for 5-7 minutes. Add the extra flour as needed, a tablespoon at a time to prevent the dough from sticking to the sides of the bowl. Otherwise, knead by hand adding flour as needed. Note, you may not need all of the extra flour. The dough is ready once it is soft to the touch and no longer super sticky.
JEAN'S REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS RECIPE - SUNSET MAGAZINE
Servings 24Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan, warm 1 cup milk over high heat until small bubbles appear at edges. Add 1/2 cup butter, sugar, and salt. Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm (110°).
- In a bowl, combine milk mixture and yeast. Add 2 eggs and beat to blend. Add 2 cups flour. Beat at low speed to moisten. Then beat on high speed until dough is stretchy, 6 to 10 minutes.
- On low speed (or with a spoon), mix in 1 1/2 cups flour until well blended. Then gradually stir in as much of the remaining 1/2 cup flour as dough will absorb. Dough should still be soft and slightly sticky. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 48 hours.
REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (6)Servings 18
- Combine yeast and 1 cup warm water in a 1-cup glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes. Stir into egg mixture. Gradually add flour, stirring until blended. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
OVERNIGHT REFRIGERATOR ROLLS - LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 24Total Time 1 hr
- Beat on low with the paddle attachment (scraping down the sides) until you have a soft dough (dough will still be sticky).
MAKE-AHEAD SOFT YEAST ROLLS | BAKER BETTIE
4.4/5 (294)Category All RecipesServings 12Total Time 14 hrs 46 mins
- In a saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until it just starts to barely bubble. Just under a simmer. Remove the milk from the heat, pour into a bowl, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- When the milk is cooled to warm, add the yeast to the milk and stir together. Let sit for 5 minutes to proof.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, butter, eggs, salt, and flour. Add the milk/yeast mixture and stir together until it forms a dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for about 5 minutes until its smooth and elastic. Alternatively, you can knead with a dough hook in a stand mixer.
HOMEMADE DINNER ROLLS RECIPE WITH YEAST (SUPER SOFT ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory BreadServings 12Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, milk and butter. Pour the proofed yeast in the large mixture and combine everything using your hands. Knead it with your hands right in the bowl. Wet your fingers with a little water occasionally so that the dough doesn't stick. Keep kneading until you have a smooth but slightly sticky dough.
- Put flour, salt, milk and melted butter in the bowl of your stand mixer. Pour the proofed yeast over them. Beat using the dough hook or paddle attachment of your stand mixer on low speed until the dough comes together and pulls away from the sides. Keep beating for 1-2 minutes until you have a smooth and slightly sticky dough.
- Transfer the dough into a large bowl that is slightly greased (not just the bottom, all the sides inside). Cover with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 1 hour to rise.
OVERNIGHT REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS RECIPE BY LYNNE ...
4/5 (1)Servings 24Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 48 mins
- In a large mixing bowl combine the warm water and yeast; stir to dissolve yeast. Add 1-1/2 cups of the flour, the sugar, 1/3 cup melted butter or vegetable oil, egg, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl constantly.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough that just starts to pull away from sides of bowl (dough will be slightly sticky).Coat a 3-quart covered container with cooking spray. Place dough in container; turn once to grease surface of dough. Cover and chill overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan or baking sheets. Shape dough into 24 balls or desired rolls and place in the prepared baking pan or 2 to 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets (be careful not to overwork dough; it becomes stickier the more you work with it). Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 45 minutes).
OVERNIGHT REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS | HOME. MADE. INTEREST.
3/5 (2)Category SideCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 hrs 40 mins
- While the yeast dissolves place the shortening and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer and cream them together.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time continuing to mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and your dough is formed.
MAKE-AHEAD YEAST ROLLS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (1)Category Food, Bread, Rolls BunsServings 32
- Combine yeast mixture, remaining 1 cup water, 2 cups flour, eggs, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a wooden spoon 2 minutes. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
REFRIGERATOR DOUGH FOR QUICK SOFT ROLLS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
5/5 (17)Total Time 14 hrs 15 minsServings 12-24
- To make by hand or in a mixer: Weigh your flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess.
- Knead the dough, by hand or mixer, until it's smooth, about 5 to 10 minutes, adding up to 4 tablespoons additional water if needed.
- The dough will become shiny and elastic, but should stay very soft, since it firms up quite a bit in the refrigerator., To make in a bread machine: Place all of the ingredients into the bucket of your bread machine.
REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Combine yeast, warm water, and 1 teaspoon sugar in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes. Combine remaining sugar, milk, oil, and salt in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Cool to 115°. Add yeast mixture to milk mixture, stirring well with a wire whisk.
- Place 6 cups flour in a large bowl. Gradually add liquid mixture to flour, stirring to make a stiff dough. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours. (Dough may remain in refrigerator up to 5 days.)
- To make rolls, sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon flour over work surface. Punch dough down; turn out onto floured surface, and knead 2 or 3 times. Divide dough into thirds. Working with 1 portion at a time, shape dough into 12 balls. Place balls in a 9-inch round cakepan coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining portions of dough.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Coat rolls lightly with cooking spray.
OVERNIGHT REFRIGERATOR POTATO ROLLS RECIPE
Calories 45Saturated Fat 1g 7%Cholesterol 25mg 8%Total Fat 3g 4% See details »
NO KNEAD DINNER ROLLS - FLEISCHMANN'S YEAST
See details »
REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS RECIPE EASY- TFRECIPES
See details »
REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS RECIPE | RECIPE | YEAST ROLLS ...
See details »
IT'S ALL ABOUT A GOOD RECIPE: REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS
See details »
REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
See details »
REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS
See details »
REFRIGERATOR YEAST ROLLS RECIPE
See details »
You'll also love