GLAZED LAMB RIBS
This is a recipe loosely based on one for a snack that used to be served at DBGB, Daniel Boulud's giddy sausage-and-beer restaurant on the Bowery in Manhattan: crunchy little nuggets of small-boned lamb breast served with a pale yogurt sauce with a mild pepper kick under a zing of lemon zest. You can divide the cooking in two if you like, roasting the meat on one day, then finishing it on a grill or under a broiler a day or so later. And you can bail on the sprinkle if it's too much work. But not the glaze and not the yogurt! (Here's the recipe.)
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories dinner, sauces and gravies
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 275. Trim most of fat from the surface of the lamb racks and place them in a large roasting pan. Combine salt, garlic and herbs and rub over lamb. Place in oven and roast for 2 hours. Remove pan from oven and turn ribs, then return to oven for 30 to 60 minutes longer, or until the lamb is just tender and starting to pull away from the bone. Remove pan from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine vinegar and honey in a small sauce pan placed over moderate heat. Add fennel, coriander, black pepper and Aleppo chili and bring to a slight simmer. Lower heat and allow the mixture to reduce by half. Remove from heat and whisk in the cold butter.
- Light a fire in grill or preheat broiler in oven. Combine coriander, chili, salt, lemon and parsley in a small bowl and set aside. Slice ribs into individual pieces, cutting between each bone. When coals are covered with gray ash and fire is hot, put chops on grill directly over coals or on a pan in the broiler. Using a pastry brush, coat lamb lightly with glaze and continue to cook, turning occasionally, until the meat begins to turn golden and crisp, approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to a platter and sprinkle with the topping.
LAMB RIBS WITH HONEY AND WINE
- Place lamb in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine onions, white wine, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, garlic, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and pour mixture all over lamb. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Roast lamb in the preheated oven until browned and tender, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
RACK OF LAMB
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the salt, rosemary, and garlic until they're as finely minced as possible. Add the mustard and balsamic vinegar and process for 1 minute. Place the lamb in a roasting or sheet pan with the ribs curving down, and coat the tops with the mustard mixture. Allow to stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roast the lamb for exactly 20 minutes for rare or 25 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, then cut into individual ribs and serve.
RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS
- Brown lamb:
- Heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until hot, at least 2 minutes. Meanwhile, pat lamb dry and rub meat all over with salt and pepper. Add oil to hot skillet, then brown racks, in 2 batches if necessary, on all sides (not ends), about 10 minutes per batch.
- Transfer racks to a small (13- by 9-inch) roasting pan.
- Coat and roast lamb:
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, and oil. Coat meaty parts of lamb with herb mixture, pressing to help adhere. Roast 15 minutes, then cover lamb loosely with foil and roast until thermometer inserted diagonally into center of meat registers 120°F, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 125 to 130°F for medium-rare while lamb stands.)
- Cut each rack into 4 double chops.
OVEN-ROASTED LAMB RIBS
Why order template barbeque ribs when you can make a savory set of ribs that will make you eat till you drop or it pops out from your eyes? Best served on chopped parsley with pickled onions and other pickles, watercress leaves, tomatoes, and tahini sauce.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Nice Try
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Wash ribs thoroughly. Soak in a large bowl of water, changing the water every 30 minutes, to remove excess fat, about 2 hours. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix lemon juice, molasses, vinegar, mustard, ketchup, cinnamon, curry powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large, deep bowl.
- Combine onion, tomatoes, sweet peppers, parsley, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a food processor; pulse to form a paste.
- Stir onion paste into the lemon juice mixture in the bowl. Add lamb ribs; turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator, at least 10 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a rack on top. Arrange ribs on the rack.
- Bake ribs in the preheated oven until fat has rendered and meat is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Cover ribs with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
People also searched
More recipes about "rib of lamb recipe"
BEST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE - HOW TO COOK RACK OF LAMB
2021-03-24 · Roast lamb 25 to 30 minutes for medium-rare, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 125°. Tent with foil and let rest 15 minutes before carving …
OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE | HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
2021-04-29 · Liberally spray both sides of the lamb with olive oil and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and thyme. Allow the meat to come to room …
- An hour before you start roasting the lamb, line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray it with olive oil spray.
- Place the rack of lamb on the prepared baking sheet, fat side up. Score the fat by making small shallow slits, 1 inch apart.
- Liberally spray both sides of the lamb with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, and thyme. Allow the meat to rest on the counter for about an hour and come to room temperature.
LAMB RIBLETS RECIPE - SWEET & STICKY RIBS WITH OUR SECRET ...
2021-06-16 · Instructions. Rub the lamb riblets with the chermoula spice mix and salt, and leave to marinate for 4 hours, or overnight for best results. Preheat oven to …
- Rub the lamb riblets with the chermoula spice mix and salt, and leave to marinate for 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
EASY STICKY LAMB RIBS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
2021-03-01 · Place the ribs on a parchment-lined sheetpan and spoon over half of the glaze. Bake the ribs: Bake at 180ºC/350ºF for 35-40 minutes. After the ribs are …
- Combine all the glaze ingredients and mix well. Taste for seasoning and adjust. You want the glaze to be sweet and spicy but be balanced with salt (from the soy) and acid (from the vinegar).
- Place the ribs in the oven and allow to bake for 20-25 minutes then brush with the remaining glaze every 10 minutes. After 40 minutes, increase the temperature to 220ºC/430ºF and allow the ribs to caramelize.
ROASTED LAMB RIBS - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
2012-12-14 · Cut the ribs into portions. Mix powdered rosemary and thyme leaves with paprika and black pepper. Sprinkle this mixture over the meat. Put the ribs in a baking …
- Cut the ribs into portions. Mix powdered rosemary and thyme leaves with paprika and black pepper. Sprinkle this mixture over the meat.
- Put the ribs in a baking dish, pour a cup of lukewarm water in and add the oil. Cover the baking dish with moistened paper, sprinkled with the salt.
LAMB WITH WILD GARLIC RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
2015-05-25 · 1. Preheat the oven to 115°C/Gas mark 1/2 and place the rack of ribs in a small, deep-sided roasting pan. Pour over the sunflower oil, cover with tin foil and bake for 2½ hours. 4 lamb ribs. 1000ml of sunflower oil. 2. Carefully remove the rack of ribs …
GARLIC & ROSEMARY GRILLED LAMB RIBS RECIPE - JESS PRYLES
Place the lamb racks on a large tray or dish, and season well with salt and pepper on both sides. Drizzle well with olive oil to coat, also on both sides. Roughly chop 6 sprigs of …
BAKED LAMB RIBS RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
Cooking lamb ribs involves two processes: first simmering and then baking. Each takes an hour or more, but doesn't require much time or attention from the cook. Rib amounts are approximate, but prepare at least 1 pound per person, since much of the weight is fat and bone. Put the ribs…
10 BEST LAMB RIBS RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-22 · Classic Rack of Lamb RecipesnFood lamb rib, rack of lamb, salt, garlic, pepper, olive oil, chopped fresh thyme and 1 more Standing Lamb Rib Roast EveryDay with Rachael Ray salt, fresh rosemary, lamb rib chops, garlic cloves, extra virgin olive oil
See details ››
EASY LAMB RIBS RECIPES & IDEAS | FOOD & WINE
The ribs sit on a low heat for over an hour, resulting in incredibly tender meat. Michael Symon puts a Greek twist on lamb ribs by seasoning them with oregano, coriander and quick-preserved lemons ...
See details ››
MEDITERRANEAN GARLIC HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB | THE ...
2020-12-04 · In this recipe, the lamb rack is covered in a quick Mediterranean marinade with garlic, rosemary, and fresh parsley (which turns into a beautiful crust once the lamb is roasted). After about 15 to 20 minutes in a high-heated oven, the tender, flavor-packed lamb …
- In the bowl of a small food processor fitted with a blade, add the garlic, olive oil, parsley, rosemary and red pepper flakes. Run the processor until the mixture is well-combined and everything is finely chopped.
- Rub each rack of lamb all over with the marinade. Let the lamb marinate for 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature (or if you have the time, up to 1 hour).
3 WAYS TO COOK LAMB SPARE RIBS - WIKIHOW
2014-08-29 · Bake the ribs in a preheated oven at 325 °F (163 °C) for 1 hour. Preheat your oven to 325 °F (163 °C). Once the oven reaches the correct temperature, take the ribs out of the marinade and arrange them in a shallow roasting pan. Place the pan into the oven and allow the ribs …
GARLIC BROWN SUGAR LAMB RIBS [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
2019-03-27 · Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Once hot, add the olive oil. Season lamb ribs with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Once hot, add the olive oil. Season lamb ribs with salt and pepper on both sides. Add them to the pan. Sear on both sides until golden-brown and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes per side.
12 BEST LAMB RIBS IDEAS | LAMB RIBS, LAMB RECIPES, LAMB
Nov 13, 2017 - Explore Tri-Lamb Group's board "Lamb Ribs", followed by 718 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about lamb ribs, lamb recipes, lamb.
GREEK-STYLE DRY-RUBBED LAMB RIBS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
2019-05-14 · Smoke the lamb. Heat a smoker or grill to 250°F. Add oak or hickory wood chips to the smoker per the manufacturer’s instructions. Loosen the membrane at the back of the ribs by slipping a butter knife between the rib bone and membrane to loosen the corner. Then, using a paper towel to grip the edge, pull the membrane away and discard.
LAMB RIBS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Put the ribs into a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil on a high heat, then turn the heat down to medium until the ribs have cooked through. It takes about 45–50 minutes’...
DRY RUBBED AND ROASTED LAMB RIBS RECIPE | GUY FIERI | FOOD ...
STICKY, SPICY LAMB RIBS @ NOT QUITE NIGELLA
2013-11-12 · Step 1 - Remove the membrane or flap from the bony side of the lamb ribs with a sharp knife. Step 2 - Mix the olive oil, sumac, cumin, red pepper, salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic to form a paste and baste the lamb ribs on both sides. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour. Quote from Seinfeld: "Do women know about shrinkage?"
OUR 30 BEST BBQ RIBS RECIPES—MESSY AND PERFECT FOR SUMMER
See details ››
RECIPE OF ULTIMATE STICKY SPICY MUTTON RIBS - FOOD ZONE
2021-07-30 · Mix together all the ingredients under "For Marination". Use this mix to rub the rack of lamb rib and marinate for at least an hour (preferably over night).. Preheat oven to 150 deg C. Cover the ribs with foil and roast for 1.5 hours if using individual ribs. (For full rack cook for another 10 mins).
See details ››
THE NASTY BITS: LAMB RIBS
Why do people want their lamb chops to look like lollipops? As far I can see, a rack of lamb, consisting of the loin and part of the ribs, get "frenched" for aesthetic reasons only. Beauty aside, I would venture the claim that frenching a rack of lamb is neither an efficient nor a tasty use of your time or your butcher's time. Since we eat pork ribs and beef ribs, why not lamb?
See details ››
GRILLED AND ROAST LAMB RECIPES FROM AMAZINGRIBS.COM
2021-04-14 · With this simple flavorful recipe, feast on succulent lamb ribs that are seasoned with a dry rub and slow smoked until tender. These grilled lamb ribs are served without any sauce to highlight the balance of the slightly gamey meat and the herb scented dry rub. A squeeze of lemon never hurts though. How To Make Gyros With Lamb Burgers
See details ››
LAMB RIBS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
Lamb Ribs Recipe. http://www.aashpazi.com/lamb-ribsIngredients:1.5 lb (680g) Lamb Rib (Rack)1 Tsp Mustard Seeds1 Tbsp Brown Sugar2 Garlic Cloves2 Tsp Worcest...
See details ››