OVEN ROASTED ARTICHOKES
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. To prepare the artichokes, trim each stem to less than 2 inches in length. Slice off the tips of the artichoke and snip the thorny tips with some kitchen shears. Slice the artichoke in half lengthwise and then remove and discard the "choke" (white fibrous hairs and inner purple leaves) with a small knife.
- Lay out 8 squares of Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil. Place 1 artichoke half in the center of each foil square. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, butter and lemon juice. Drizzle over the face-up artichoke halves, taking care to get the mixture in between the leaves. Flip the artichoke so it's cut side down on the foil. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet snugly around the artichoke. Roast on a baking sheet until the stems are fork-tender, about 40 minutes.
- As the artichokes roast, combine the mayonnaise, garlic, black pepper, chipotle powder and cheese; set aside.
- Open foil surrounding artichokes carefully by cutting along top with a sharp knife, allowing steam to escape. Using tongs, flip the artichoke face up. Scoop the mayo mixture into the divot made by removing the "choke" and spread with a spoon to extend beyond the divot. Turn oven temperature to broil. Leaving the foil open, broil until the mayo mixture is browned, 4-5 minutes.
- To eat, remove the leaves from the outer part of the artichoke, dip in the mayo mixture and scrape the soft artichoke meat from the leaf with your teeth. Continue working your way through the artichoke until the leaves and dip disappear!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.2 calories, Carbohydrate 11.1 g, Cholesterol 29.3 mg, Fat 36.1 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 421.4 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
- Rinse artichokes.
- Cut off 1/4 of the artichoke and trim leaf tips. Cut in half.
- Mix all ingredients and pour over chokes.
- Cook in 400 degree oven until done. I don't wrap in foil, but see that reviewers have and I'm sure it speeds up the cooking time. Cooking time really varies. It depends on the size and age of the artichoke. You just have to check. I usually serve these at room temp with a mayo-curry sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197.8, Fat 13.7, SaturatedFat 1.9, Sodium 162.8, Carbohydrate 17.4, Fiber 7, Sugar 4.2, Protein 4.4
THE MOST AMAZING ROASTED ARTICHOKES
These roasted artichokes are easy to make and full of the best lemony, herby, garlicky flavors. See dipping sauce ideas below.
Provided by Ali
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Use a knife to slice off the bottom 1/2-inch (or more, if you'd like) of the artichoke stems, and the top 1 inch of the artichoke globes (the leaves on top). Remove and discard any small leaves toward the bottoms of the stems. Rinse the artichokes with water.
- Slice the artichokes in half vertically. Use a spoon to scoop out the fuzzy "choke" in the middle of the artichoke. Then use kitchen shears to trim about 1/4/-inch off the pointy tips of each of the artichoke leaves (so that they don't poke you when you eat them). Rub a lemon wedge all over the entire surface of each artichoke half, to prevent browning.
- Place the artichoke halves in a baking dish or on a baking sheet cut-side-up. Brush the cut sides of the artichokes evenly with the olive oil. Then fill the cavities evenly with the garlic, followed by a few small sprigs of the fresh herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Flip the artichokes over, using the herbs to help hold in the garlic, so that they are cut-side-down. Brush the tops of the artichokes with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Then remove and cover the pan with aluminum foil, and bake for an additional 25-35 minutes, or until the artichokes are tender and the leaves pull off easily.
- Place the tray on a cooling rack. Carefully remove, discard the herbs (or stir them into your dipping sauce for extra flavor), and drizzle the artichokes with extra lemon juice.
- Serve the roasted artichokes warm with your desired dipping sauce.
ROASTED ARTICHOKE SALAD
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the artichoke hearts in a bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss until the artichoke hearts are coated. Dump the artichoke hearts onto a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer; roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. Place the minced shallot, lemon juice, mustard, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process for 5 seconds. Add the basil leaves and process into a green puree. With the processor running, slowly pour 1/2 cup olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube until the ingredients are finely pureed. Set aside.
- Place the roasted artichoke hearts in a bowl and toss with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Add the capers, red peppers, red onion, parsley, 4 tablespoons vinegar and red pepper flakes, if using, and toss gently. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and let stand for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.
SIMPLY ROASTED ARTICHOKES
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place artichokes stem-side down in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Slightly separate the artichoke leaves with your hands.
- Insert a knife blade into the center of each artichoke to create a garlic clove-size space.
- Drizzle each artichoke with olive oil.
- Press 1 clove of garlic into the center of each artichoke and season with salt.
- Tightly wrap each artichoke twice with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place in baking dish and bake in the preheated oven until sizzling, about 1 hour 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.8 calories, Carbohydrate 19.3 g, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 8.9 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 253.2 mg, Sugar 2 g
EASY BAKED ARTICHOKE RECIPE BY TASTY
- Remove the stem of the artichoke. Cut about 1 inch (2 cm) off the top of the artichoke. Take a pair of kitchen scissors and snip off the thorns on the tip of the artichoke petals.
- Take half a lemon and rub lemon juice over the cut portion of the artichoke to prevent it from browning. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread open the petals and rub minced garlic all over. Add the parsley and Parmesan; make sure to get it in between the petals. Top with more pepper if desired.
- Wrap the artichoke in aluminum foil. Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- When done, serve with extra parsley, lemon wedge and your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 668 calories, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fat 40 grams, Fiber 24 grams, Protein 29 grams, Sugar 6 grams
ROASTED ARTICHOKES WITH LEMON AIOLI
Petals of savory artichoke leaves are so delicious dipped into a creamy lemon aioli. It may seem intimidating to roast whole artichokes, but the steps couldn't be simpler-and the earthy, comforting flavor is a definite payoff. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°. Using a sharp knife, cut 1 in. from top of each artichoke. Using kitchen scissors, cut off tips of outer leaves. Cut each artichoke lengthwise in half. With a spoon, carefully scrape and remove fuzzy center of artichokes. , Drizzle oil into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Rub cut surfaces of artichokes with lemon half; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in pan, cut side down. Squeeze lemon juice over artichokes. Cover pan with foil; bake on a lower oven rack until tender and a leaf near the center pulls out easily, 50-55 minutes., Meanwhile, mix aioli ingredients; refrigerate until serving. Serve with artichokes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233 calories, Fat 19g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 446mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
ROASTED ARTICHOKES WITH PARMESAN BREADCRUMBS
Artichokes were one of those vegetables that really intimidated me. They just seemed so hard to prepare. But, once you get the hang of it, it's really easy. I like to serve mine with a lemon-garlic aioli for dipping.
Provided by Kardea Brown
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the artichokes: Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice into a bowl. Add water.
- Trim the top 1 inch off the tops of the artichokes. Use kitchen shears to trim the pointy edges off the leaves. Trim the ends of the artichokes. Cut the artichokes in half through the centers. Use a spoon to scoop out the fuzzy chokes and the purple leaves. Place the artichokes in the lemon water as you work to prevent them from browning.
- Shake off the water from the artichokes and place, cut-sides down, in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until the artichokes are tender, 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small skillet. Add the panko and cook until toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove to a small bowl and let stand until room temperature, about 10 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest, Parmesan and parsley.
- Make the lemon-garlic aioli: Stir together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, turn over the artichokes and sprinkle with the panko mixture, stuffing some between the leaves. Drizzle or dip with the aioli.
CRISPY JERUSALEM ARTICHOKES WITH ROASTED GARLIC & ROSEMARY
The unusual savoury tang of Jerusalem artichokes works well with the wild flavours of game. This dish is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, just how we like it
Provided by Rosie Birkett
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Soak the artichokes in cold water for 20 mins or so to loosen any dirt, then scrub them with a scourer, being sure to remove any grit. Halve the small ones and quarter the bigger ones, and put them in a roasting tin with the split garlic bulb and rosemary. Coat everything with the oil and season. Roast for 45-50 mins until tender inside and crispy outside.
- To finish, squeeze the softened garlic cloves from their skins and toss with the roasted artichokes, along with the mace, butter and lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271 calories, Fat 12 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 33 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 19 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
More about "roasted artichoke recipes"
EASY ROASTED ARTICHOKE RECIPE (MEDITERRANEAN STYLE) | THE …
5/5 (25)Total Time 1 hrCategory Side DishCalories 148 per serving
- To clean artichokes, first, cut off the stem/stalk. Peel off the tough outer layers by hand. When you reach the softer layers, use a serrated knife to cut off about 3/4 inches from the top. Now, cut artichoke in half length-wise. Then, using a spoon, remove the fuzzy choke on the inside.
- As you clean the inside of each artichoke half, immediately add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to cover the surface to prevent the artichoke from discoloring.
- On a large baking sheet, place each artichoke half in a piece of lightly-oiled foil paper that is large enough to fold around.
ROASTED ARTICHOKE HEARTS RECIPE | COOK FOR YOUR LIFE
ROASTED ARTICHOKES - JESSICA GAVIN
ROASTED WHOLE ARTICHOKES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ROASTED ARTICHOKES RECIPE (EASY!) | WHOLESOME YUM
ROASTED WHOLE ARTICHOKES – RIEGL PALATE
50 OF THE BEST ARTICHOKE RECIPES WE'VE EVER MADE
GARLICKY ROASTED ARTICHOKE HEARTS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
ROASTED ARTICHOKES - COUNTRY LIVING
QUICK AND SUPER EASY ROASTED ARTICHOKE HEARTS RECIPE
EASY ROASTED ARTICHOKE HEARTS WITH LEMON-GARLIC AIOLI
HOW TO COOK AND EAT ARTICHOKES: EASY ROASTED ARTICHOKE RECIPE
ROASTED LEMON ARTICHOKE AND BROWNED BUTTER PASTA.
EASY OVEN ROASTED ARTICHOKES - FLAVOR THE MOMENTS
OVEN ROASTED ARTICHOKES » THE CANDIDA DIET
EASY ROASTED ARTICHOKES - HOW TO MAKE ROASTED ARTICHOKES
HOW TO PREPARE AND EAT ROASTED ARTICHOKE HALVES
THE BEST ROASTED ARTICHOKES - THE ALMOND EATER
ROASTED ARTICHOKE RECIPE (WITH GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE) | KITCHN
ROASTED ARTICHOKES WITH GARLIC BUTTER - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
ROASTED JERUSALEM ARTICHOKES RECIPE (SUNCHOKES) | KITCHN
ROASTED ARTICHOKE HEARTS - SICILIAN RECIPE THAT TOTALLY RESPECTS …
LEMON GARLIC ROASTED ARTICHOKE RECIPE - THE SPICE HOUSE
EASY ROASTED ARTICHOKE HEARTS RECIPE - LOW CARB YUM
ROASTED ARTICHOKES AND PROSCIUTTO RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
PAN-ROASTED ARTICHOKES WITH LEMON AND GARLIC RECIPE
ROASTED LEMON ARTICHOKE PASTRY PUFF | FOODTALK
ROASTED ARTICHOKE - PREPPY KITCHEN
ROASTED ARTICHOKES WITH DIPPING SAUCE | MY CRAZY GOOD LIFE
ROASTED ARTICHOKES RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
THE BEST ROASTED JERUSALEM ARTICHOKES | GREEDY GOURMET
ROASTED ARTICHOKES - EASY RECIPE BY THE PLANT BASED SCHOOL
ROASTED ITALIAN ARTICHOKE CASSEROLE RECIPE - UNPEELED JOURNAL
SIMPLE MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED ARTICHOKES - MIDWEST FOODIE
ARTICHOKE AND RICE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED ARTICHOKES | OMGFOOD
ROASTED ARTICHOKE SALAD - MANTITLEMENT
BEST ROASTED ARTICHOKE HEARTS PROVENCAL RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
You'll also love