ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH HORSERADISH CRèME FRAîCHE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place beets in a roasting pan and add enough water to come halfway up the sides of the beets. Cover with foil and bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, put beets in a bowl of ice water to cool. Rub with paper towels to remove skins, slice in half and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Peel the horseradish and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a food processor or blender and add 1/4 cup each walnut oil and vinegar. Pulse until horseradish is medium fine, not puréed. Pour mixture into a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth-lined sieve over a bowl and press out liquid. Add crème fraîche to liquid and mix. Season to taste.
- Place spinach in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons each walnut oil and vinegar and season to taste. Toss to coat. Repeat the process with beets.
- On each of 4 plates circle the edges with beets and fill in with spinach. Make another circle of beets on top of the spinach and add more spinach. Put 2 beet halves on top with a walnut half. Drizzle the crème fraîche around each salad and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 769, UnsaturatedFat 38 grams, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fat 70 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 26 grams, Sodium 1180 milligrams, Sugar 23 grams
BALSAMIC ROASTED BEET SALAD
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap the beets individually in aluminum foil and place them on a sheet pan. Roast them for 50 minutes to 1 hour, depending on their size, until a small sharp knife inserted in the middle indicates that they are tender. Unwrap each beet and set aside for 10 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Peel the beets with a small, sharp knife over a piece of parchment paper to prevent staining your cutting board.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and set aside. While the beets are still warm, cut each one in half and then each half into 4 to 6 wedges and place them in a large mixing bowl. As you're cutting the beets, toss them with half of the vinaigrette (warm beets absorb more vinaigrette), 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Taste for seasonings.
- Place the arugula in a separate bowl and toss it with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Put the arugula on a serving platter and then arrange the beets, almonds, and goat cheese on top. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette, if desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve warm or at room temperature.
ROASTED BEETS WITH HORSERADISH CRèME FRAîCHE
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut off the beet greens, leaving 1/2 inch of the stems still attached. (You can save the leaves for sauteing later-they are delicious!) Clean the beets well, and toss them with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the beets in a roasting pan with a splash of water in the bottom. Cover the pan tightly with foil, and roast for about 40 minutes, until they're tender when pierced. (The roasting time will depend on the size and type of beet.) When the beets are done, carefully remove the foil. Let cool, and peel the beets by slipping off the skins with your fingers. Cut them into 1/2-inch-thick wedges.
- While the beets are in the oven, combine the diced shallot, both vinegars, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl, and let sit 5 minutes. Whisk in the 1/2 cup olive oil. Taste for balance and seasoning.
- Whisk the crème fraîche and horseradish together in a small bowl. Stir in the heavy cream, remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, ⅛ teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- Toss the beets and sliced shallots with the vinaigrette. (If you're using different-colored beets, dress each color in a separate bowl so the colors don't bleed.) Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper, and toss well. Taste for balance and seasoning.
ROASTED BEET SALAD
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Set the beets on a baking sheet lined with a two layers of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and then wrap the beets in the first layer of foil. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast until the beets are fork tender, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place shallots in a small bowl, drizzle with another 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss well. After the beets have roasted for 45 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully place the shallots directly on the second layer of aluminum foil. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes, until the shallots are caramelized and soft and the beets are fully cooked.
- Let the beets cool in the foil for at least 5 minutes. Transfer the shallots to a large bowl and set aside. When the beets are cool enough to handle, use a paper towel to rub off the skins. Cut the beets into wedges and add them to the bowl with the shallots.
- Trim the tops and bottoms off the oranges with a paring knife or a small serrated knife. Set the oranges on one of the cut ends and carefully cut away the skins, beginning at the top and following the curve of the fruit down to the bottom. Slice the oranges crosswise into thin slices. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, mustard, some salt and pepper, and the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Pour the dressing over the beets and shallots; toss to combine. Add the mixed greens and the orange slices; toss again. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
SAUTéED HALIBUT WITH ARUGULA, ROASTED BEETS, AND HORSERADISH CRèME FRAîCHE
- Season the fish with the lemon zest, thyme, and parsley. Cover, and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the fish from the refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking, to bring it to room temperature.
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat for 2 minutes. (Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to cook the fish in batches or in two pans.) Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Swirl the regular extra-virgin olive oil into the pan and wait 1 minute. Carefully lay the fish in the pan, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until it's lightly browned. Turn the fish over, lower the heat to medium-low, and cook a few more minutes, until it's almost cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the fish. When it's done, the fish will begin to flake and separate a little, and the center will still be slightly translucent. Remember, the halibut will continue to cook for a bit once you take it out of the pan.
- Scatter half of the arugula over a large platter. Arrange the beets on top, and drizzle with half the horseradish cream. Tuck the rest of the arugula among the beets, so you can see the beets peeking through. Nestle the fish in the salad, and spoon a little horseradish cream over each piece. Drizzle the whole dish with the super-good olive oil and a big squeeze of lemon.
ROASTED BEET SALAD
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Wrap beets loosely in aluminum foil and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a knife or skewer, 50 to 60 minutes. Unwrap and cool until easily handled, about 10 minutes. Peel beets and cut into chunks.
- Mix vinegar and maple syrup together; season with salt and pepper. Pour over beets. Refrigerate until beets absorb the flavors, at least 1 hour. Serve cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 66.4 calories, Carbohydrate 15.1 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 136.9 mg, Sugar 11.4 g
ROASTED BEET SALAD
A subtle citrus dressing beautifully coats tender beets in a lovely warm salad. Goat cheese adds a bit of tang while almonds provide some crunch. -Alissa Stehr, Gau-Odernheim, Germany
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Place the beets, shallots and cumin seeds on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24x12 in.). Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil around beet mixture and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape., In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, parsley, orange zest, honey, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil., Transfer beet mixture to a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds, goat cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272 calories, Fat 18g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 273mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
More about "roasted beet salad with horseradish crme frache recipes"
CHIOGGIA BEET SALAD WITH HORSERADISH CREME FRAICHE
SALT-CRUSTED BEETS WITH HORSERADISH CRèME FRAîCHE
SALT-CRUSTED BEETS WITH HORSERADISH CRèME FRAîCHE …
ROASTED BEETS WITH HORSERADISH CREME FRAICHE | GIANGI'S KITCHEN
Ratings 1Category Side Dish, VegetablesCuisine FrenchTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
ROASTED BEETS WITH HORSERADISH CRèME FRAîCHE RECIPE
BEET SALAD WITH HORSERADISH CRéME FRAICHE - AMERICA'S TABLE
SWEET WITH HEAT: SIMPLE SPRING BEET AND HORSERADISH SALAD
ROASTED-BEET SALAD WITH HORSERADISH CRèME FRAîCHE AND …
ROASTED BEETS WITH HORSERADISH CREAM RECIPE - VITALY PALEY
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH HORSERADISH CRèME FRAîCHE
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH HORSERADISH AND CRèME …
ROASTED BEETROOT WITH HORSERADISH CRèME FRAICHE
BEST ROASTED BEET SALAD RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH HORSERADISH CREME FRAICHE
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH HORSERADISH-CASHEW CREAM - FOOD
You'll also love