SALMON-SHIITAKE RICE BOWLS
Here's a sure-fire way to up your rice bowl game for an easy weeknight dinner. Umami, the fifth flavor we can't get enough of shows up in both the sautéed shiitake mushrooms and the miso paste that is used in the glaze on the buttery salmon.
Provided by Lauryn Tyrell
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk miso with 1 tablespoon each honey and vinegar in a shallow vessel. Add salmon, turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Toss cucumber with 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 10 minutes, then drain. Toss with remaining 1 teaspoon honey and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add 1 3/4 cups water; season. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add peas and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Preheat broiler. Scrape marinade off salmon; place on a broiler pan and broil until blackened in places and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool; serve with rice and cucumber.
SPICY SALMON BOWLS OVER BROWN RICE
This recipe is a delicious way to get some healthy foods in your family's diet. Salmon, brown rice, fresh crunchy vegetables, and a spicy sauce will perk up their taste buds and bring you compliments.
Provided by Bibi
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and place salmon fillets on top.
- Stir soy sauce, avocado oil, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, honey, sesame oil, and lime juice together in a small bowl; brush over salmon fillets. Set remaining sauce aside for dressing.
- Bake salmon in the center of the preheated oven until it flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool, about 15 minutes.
- Divide rice evenly between 4 bowls and top with salmon fillets. Distribute carrots, snow peas, avocado, and bell peppers evenly between the bowls; sprinkle green onion over top.
- Stir reserved soy sauce mixture with peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, and garlic powder; add water until dressing reaches desired consistency. Drizzle over the bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 543.6 calories, Carbohydrate 43.4 g, Cholesterol 48.7 mg, Fat 29 g, Fiber 9.4 g, Protein 30.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 1301.6 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
SESAME SALMON BOWLS
This one-pot meal, which is inspired by chirashi, or Japanese rice and raw fish bowls, features a savory vinegared rice that's typically served with sushi. Traditionally, the rice is cooked first, then mixed with vinegar, but here, the rice is cooked in vinegar-seasoned water to eliminate a step. The result is sticky rice that's tangy and sweet, and a perfect bed for fatty salmon. The salmon is added toward the end to steam directly on top of the rice for an easy one-pan meal. Packaged coleslaw is a time saver, eliminating extra knife work. Make a double batch of the zesty dressing for drizzling over roasted vegetables or green leafy salads the next day.
Provided by Kay Chun
Categories grains and rice, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large saucepan, combine rice vinegar, sugar and salt; stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the rice and 1 3/4 cups water, and mix well. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss salmon with 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil and season with salt. Once rice is tender (after about 20 minutes), arrange salmon in an even layer on top of rice. Cover and steam over low heat until fish is cooked to medium, about 12 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce, white vinegar, safflower oil, scallions, ginger and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil. Mix well, and season with salt.
- Scoop salmon and rice into bowls. Top each with some cucumbers, coleslaw mix and avocado. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Top with nori, if using.
THAI SALMON BROWN RICE BOWLS
This speedy salmon recipe couldn't be any easier. The store-bought sesame ginger dressing saves time and adds extra flavor to this healthy dish. - Naylet LaRochelle, Miami, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place salmon in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan; brush with 1/4 cup dressing. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, toss rice with cilantro and salt., To serve, divide rice mixture among 4 bowls. Top with salmon, carrots and, if desired, cabbage. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486 calories, Fat 21g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 57mg cholesterol, Sodium 532mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
HEALTHY TASTY SALMON RICE BOWL
- Combine salmon, kale, green onions, and ginger in a saucepan; add water and turn heat to medium-high. Bring liquid to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Add more water if needed. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Stir rice into salmon mixture; cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir seaweed into mixture and top with sesame oil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 620.8 calories, Carbohydrate 50.7 g, Cholesterol 111.5 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 45.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 285.9 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
SALMON AND CITRUS RICE BOWL
Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which benefit not only your complexion but also your heart. A slightly sweet, ginger-spiked sauce doubles as a marinade and a low-fat dressing in this dinner.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cut away peel and pith from 2 oranges. Cut between orange membranes, and let fruit and juice fall into a bowl. Squeeze juice into bowl, and discard membranes. Cut segments into small pieces, and place in a separate bowl. Juice remaining 2 oranges, and add to juice in bowl (for a total of 1 cup).
- Bring orange juice, sliced ginger, bay leaf, and coriander to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook until mixture is reduced to 2/3 cup, about 6 minutes. Let cool completely. Strain, and whisk in vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and oil.
- Combine 3 tablespoons juice mixture and salmon in a resealable plastic bag, turning to coat. Refrigerate salmon and remaining juice mixture for at least 1 1/2 hours (or up to 3 hours).
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat broiler. Remove salmon from marinade, and pat dry with paper towels. Discard marinade. Place fillets on a baking sheet, and broil until cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes for medium. Transfer to a dish. Let salmon cool slightly, and flake into bite-size pieces.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls. Top with salmon, peas, and orange segments. Garnish with mint and sesame seeds. Drizzle each serving with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the reserved juice mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459 g, Cholesterol 62 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 108 g
A MEAL IN A BOWL: SALMON, SHIITAKES AND PEAS
Dried shiitake mushrooms bring a hearty flavor, not to mention wonderful nutrients, to this dish.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, soups and stews, main course
Yield Serves four
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the dried mushrooms in a large bowl. Bring the stock to a simmer, and pour over the mushrooms. Let sit for 30 minutes. Drain through a cheesecloth-lined strainer set over a bowl, and squeeze the mushrooms over the strainer. Slice the mushroom caps, discarding the hard stems. Set aside.
- Return the stock to the saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding soy sauce or salt as desired. Add the peas, and simmer five minutes. If the noodles have been refrigerated, warm them by placing them in a strainer and dipping the strainer into the simmering broth. Then distribute the noodles among four deep soup bowls.
- Add the sliced mushroom caps, the salmon fillets and the white and light green parts of the scallions to the simmering stock. Cover and turn off the heat. Allow to sit for five minutes without removing the cover. The salmon should be just cooked through.
- Place a piece of salmon on top of the noodles in each bowl. Ladle in the soup, taking care to evenly distribute the peas, mushrooms and scallions. Sprinkle on the dark green part of the scallions, and serve.
More about "salmon shiitake rice bowls recipes"
SHIITAKE SALMON FRIED RICE - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
- Add shiitake mushrooms and shallot and stir-fry until cooked and browned in spots, 3 to 5 minutes.
10 BEST SALMON RICE BOWL RECIPES | YUMMLY
TERIYAKI SALMON BOWL RECIPE - SHORTCUT VERSION! « RUNNING IN A SKIRT
EASY SWEET CHILI SALMON RICE BOWLS (READY IN 30!)
BROILED SALMON WITH GINGER-SHIITAKE GLAZE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SESAME SALMON RICE BOWLS - RACHAEL'S GOOD EATS
SPICY CHIPOTLE HONEY SALMON BOWLS. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
15 SALMON BOWL RECIPES FOR LUNCH AND DINNER - PUREWOW
SALMON RICE BOWLS - SIVAN AYLA
THESE SALMON BOWLS WILL SPICE UP YOUR WEEKNIGHT MEAL …
FURIKAKE SALMON BOWLS - HEALTHFUL BLONDIE
SALMON RICE BOWL (30 MINUTES) [EASY + BASIC] - ROBUST RECIPES
SALMON-SHIITAKE RICE BOWLS | RECIPE IN 2022 - PINTEREST
CRISPY SALMON RICE BOWL RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
TERIYAKI SALMON BOWL | 20 MINUTES | LOWCARBINGASIAN
SWEET & SPICY SALMON RICE BOWLS - MORIBYAN
SALMON TERIYAKI BOWLS - THE WOKS OF LIFE
CRISPY SALMON SKIN RICE BOWLS - THE WOKS OF LIFE
QUICK SALMON RICE BOWLS | READY SET EAT
ORANGE-GINGER SALMON WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOM & YU CHOY FRIED …
BROWN RICE BOWL WITH VEGETABLES AND SALMON - THE SPLENDID TABLE
SALMON RICE BOWL RECIPE - JZ EATS
SALMON RICE BOWL - THE RECIPE CRITIC
ONE-PAN SALMON WITH RICE, BROCCOLI, AND SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
JAPANESE SALMON RICE BOWLS: EASY DINNER RECIPE - UNPEELED JOURNAL
MUSTARD BUTTER SALMON RICE BOWLS - HOW SWEET EATS
TIKTOK SALMON RICE BOWL RECIPE - DELISH
QUICK MICROWAVE SALMON RICE BOWL WITH SESAME & KIMCHEE
PAN-SEARED MISO SALMON RICE BOWLS - LENA'S KITCHEN
TERIYAKI SALMON BOWL RECIPE - EATWELL101
VIRAL SALMON RICE BOWL (TIKTOK RECIPE) – BEAT THE BUDGET
BEST SALMON TERIYAKI RICE BOWLS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
SALMON AND BROWN RICE BOWL WITH CALIFORNIA AVOCADO HOLLANDAISE ...
TERIYAKI SALMON BOWL IN 15 MINUTES - CHOPSTICK CHRONICLES
SOUTHWEST SALMON RICE BOWLS - RECIPE RUNNER
VIRAL TIKTOK SALMON AND RICE BOWL RECIPE - GET ON MY PLATE
FURIKAKE SALMON | FEASTING AT HOME
TIKTOK SALMON RICE BOWL - RECIPE DIARIES
CRISPY SPICY SALMON BOWLS - HUNGRY HAPPENS
BROWN RICE BOWL WITH VEGETABLES AND SALMON - A FEAST FOR THE EYES
GREEK-INSPIRED SALMON RICE BOWL - MOSTLY MEDITERRANEAN
You'll also love