SPAGHETTI WITH HOT-SMOKED SALMON, ROCKET & CAPERS
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a small frying pan until hot. Add the breadcrumbs and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp, turning often. Tip into a small bowl. (You can prepare these several hours ahead.)
- Cook the pasta in plenty of gently boiling well-salted water until al dente. Meanwhile peel the garlic and chop it very finely. Put the rest of the oil in a small pan and add the garlic and chillies. Warm gently over a low heat so they flavour the oil - but don't let the garlic fry.
- Drain the pasta and tip it into a warmed very large serving bowl. Quickly add the lemon zest and capers to the oil, then pour over the pasta. Toss well, add the rocket and salmon and toss again - take care not to break up the salmon too much. Scatter the breadcrumbs over and serve with a salad of sliced tomatoes.
SALMON PICCATA WITH HERBED PASTA
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add a small handful of salt. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions until al dente. Drain the pasta and reserve the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then dust with flour. Add the salmon to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat, flipping occasionally, until golden on the outside and just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- In the reserved pot, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil over low heat. Return the pasta to the pot, add all but 2 tablespoons of the herbs and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the salmon to a plate; tent with foil to keep warm. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice and capers to the skillet. Simmer over high heat, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet, until the liquid is slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and gradually swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter until emulsified. Stir in the reserved 2 tablespoons herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the salmon to the sauce and turn to coat. Divide the pasta among plates, top with the salmon and sauce and serve right away.
WHOLE-WHEAT SPAGHETTI WITH LEMON, BASIL, AND SALMON
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add the garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, warm the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Add the fish to the pan and cook until medium-rare, about 2 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish. Remove the salmon from the pan.
- Add the basil, capers, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the spaghetti mixture and toss to combine. Set out 4 serving plates or shallow bowls. Place 1/2 cup spinach in each bowl. Top with 1/4 of the pasta. Top each mound of pasta with a piece of salmon. Serve immediately.
SALMON PASTA SALAD WITH LEMON & CAPERS
Use frozen, skinless wild salmon fillets for a cheap and filling lunch on the go. This low-calorie, healthy dish couldn't be easier to whip up
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the rapeseed oil in a frying pan, add the pepper, cover and leave for about 5 mins until it softens and starts to char a little. Stir, then push the pepper to one side and add the salmon. Cover and fry for 8-10 mins until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix the lemon zest and juice in a large bowl with the garlic, shallot, capers and olives.
- Add the cooked pepper and salmon to the bowl. Drain the pasta and add it too, with black pepper and the olive oil. Toss everything together, flaking the salmon as you do so. If eating now, toss through the rocket; if packing a lunch, leave to cool, then put in a container with the rocket on top and mix through just before eating.
PASTA WITH SMOKED SALMON AND CAPERS
Another classic combination, this dish makes people think you went to a lot of trouble. Actually it's quite simple. Any shape of pasta works, but I prefer a small noodle such as shells or bowties. Despite what an Italian might otherwise recommend, I like to serve this dish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Provided by Mitchell Davis
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, but not browned. Add the smoked salmon and continue cooking just until the salmon turns opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the cream and add the capers. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Be careful how much salt you add because the smoked salmon and capers are both salty. Add the pasta and toss to coat. If there doesn't appear to be enough sauce, add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to thin it down. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
PASTA WITH SMOKED SALMON AND CAPERS
Serve your salmon-loving friends this elegant and easy pasta dish. For those of you not watching your pennies, substitute caviar for capers. I envy you. We should get together sometime.
Provided by Chardonnay Queen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add orecchiette and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 9 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream and onion in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Gently stir salmon, Parmesan cheese, capers, butter, and parsley into the cream mixture and serve over pasta.
SMOKED SALMON AND CAPER PASTA
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute until translucent, but not browned.
- Add the smoked salmon and continue cooking just until salmon turns opaque, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and add capers.
- Be careful how much salt you add because the snoked salmon and capers are both salty.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- *Ifthere doesn't appear to be enough sauce, add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to thin it down.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan.
People also searched
More about "salmon with capers and pasta recipes"
SALMON PASTA WITH FRIED CAPERS | CRAVINGS JOURNAL
2019-02-07 · This recipe of salmon pasta with fried capers is really tasty, quick to make and perfect for two. I love salmon and fish in general but I feel like it happens …
- Discard the liquid that the capers come in and place them on a bowl with kitchen paper. Let them release excess liquid for 5min, then change the paper and leave them for another 5 min.
PASTA WITH GARLIC BUTTER CAPER SAUCE - IOWA GIRL EATS
2021-08-09 · Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers then turn heat up to high and simmer until sauce is reduced by half. Add remaining Tablespoon butter then taste …
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then add spaghetti and cook until just al dente - it will continue cooking a bit in the garlic butter caper sauce. Drain then set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 Tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat then add garlic and saute until golden brown. Add wine then simmer until reduced by half. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers then turn heat up to high and simmer until sauce is reduced by half. Add remaining Tablespoon butter then taste and add salt if necessary.
- Remove skillet from heat then add cooked pasta and stir to combine. Let sit for 3-4 minutes to let sauce adhere to pasta - it will thicken up as the pasta cools. Serve with fresh chopped herbs and a crack of black pepper for garnish, if desired.
SALMON WITH BUTTER CAPER SAUCE - RECIPES | GO BOLD WITH BUTTER
2018-08-31 · 1/2 pound angel hair pasta; 2 tablespoons capers; 3 garlic cloves, minced; Juice and zest of 1 lemon; 2 cups steamed broccoli ; Freshly grated parmesan and …
- Preheat oven to broil. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and brush over the top of the salmon fillets; season with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the rest.Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a small sauce pan.
LEMON CAPER PESTO SALMON PASTA | SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
2015-11-04 · When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and set aside. Add the butter, olive oil, and garlic to the pot and cook the garlic until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. …
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place each salmon filet on a square of parchment paper and top with pesto. Wrap pesto around salmon like a present. Bake in preheated oven until flaky and internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, about 20 minutes.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and set aside. Add the butter, olive oil, and garlic to the pot and cook the garlic until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Add the zest, lemon juice, capers, and cooked pasta to the pot. Toss to combine.
CREAMY SALMON PASTA WITH SPINACH, CAPERS & LEMON | DRIZZLE ...
2021-03-11 · This creamy salmon pasta recipe with spinach and capers and lemon is a delicious and easy supper for two. The sauce cooks in roughly the same amount of …
- Make the pangrattato first. Melt the butter and olive oil in a medium/ small nonstick pan and when the butter starts to bubble, add the garlic and fry for about 30 seconds. Add the panko crumbs and toss to coat. Add the lemon zest and parsley and fry this for a few minutes until the crumbs turn a golden brown colour. Season lightly with sea salt and black pepper and decant from the pan to serve with the pasta.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente. A minute or so before the pasta is ready, add the baby spinach leaves. Allow this to wilt in the water with the pasta and then drain in a colander reserving a little of the pasta water
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a medium-sized non-stick skillet or cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Season the salmon fillet with salt and pepper and rub a little olive oil over the flesh. Fry (skin side down first) for a few minutes on each side until the salmon is golden and mostly cooked through. It is ok if the fish is a little pink in the middle. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Wipe the pan down with a paper towel and return it to low heat. Add the butter to the pan and when it has melted, add the shallot. Cook until softened but not browned, about 3 – 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a minute further. Add the white wine and allow this to bubble away until most of the liquid has evapourated. Add the Dijon mustard and mix to combine.
SALMON PICCATA PASTA RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
Step 2. While pasta cooks, stir together parsley, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of the capers in a small bowl. Set …
- Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water. While pasta cooks, stir together parsley, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of the capers in a small bowl.
GARLIC CAPER BUTTER BAKED SALMON - INSPIRED TASTE
2020-12-08 · Directions. Heat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper (we use about 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt for 1 1/2 …
TASTY SALMON PASTA RECIPE WITH CAPERS, CREAM CHEESE AND ...
Don’t overcook the garlic, add the salmon and put the heat on low. Let the salmon cook just a little bit, but keep it a bit pink too. You may also add the capers …
See details »
FETTUCCINE WITH SALMON AND CAPERS – DRIFTERS FISH
Drain and rinse the pasta in cool water. Place the pasta in a bowl and add the salmon, the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, the fried capers …
See details »
SMOKED SALMON AND CAPER LINGUINE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
2011-03-31 · Smoked salmon and caper linguine; Smoked salmon and caper linguine. Easy; April 2011; Easy; April 2011; Serves 4; Hands-on time 15 minutes ; Made with just five …
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 10 minutes for al dente or until cooked to your liking. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water in the pan, then return the pasta to the pan and toss with the oil.
- Return to a very low heat and stir through the remaining ingredients. Season with lots of black pepper and a little salt, then serve immediately.
SALMON PASTA RECIPE | CHEFJAR
Instructions. In a medium bowl combine Italian fish spices mix, olive oil & lemon juice. Coat the salmon steaks with this mixture. Marinate at least 20 minutes. Bake …
- In a medium bowl combine Italian fish spices mix, olive oil & lemon juice. Coat the salmon steaks with this mixture. Marinate at least 20 minutes.
- Cook tagliatelle pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions , until al dente. Drain & return to the pan.
CREAMY LEMON GARLIC SALMON PICCATA - CAFE DELITES
Creamy Lemon Garlic Salmon Piccata is a classy yet easy salmon recipe you ... my pasta water was heating and I was prepping my ingredients I cut a bunch of …
- Season both sides of salmon fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Add ¼ cup of the flour to a shallow dish; dredge the salmon in the flour to evenly coat. Shake off excess.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large nonstick pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to mix through the butter. Add salmon; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until just cooked to your liking. Transfer salmon to a warm plate; tent with foil and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter (or oil) to pan and melt. Add the garlic; sauté for a further minute until fragrant. Add wine; bring to a boil scraping any browned bits off of the bottom of the pan. Cook until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Add ¾ cup stock/broth to the pan along with the lemon juice; bring to a boil and cook for a further minute.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of cornstarch (or cornflour) with 2 tablespoons of the reserved broth, whisking well to combine. Pour the mixture into the pan, stirring through the liquid to create a sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. If it's not thick enough, mix the remaining cornstarch with the remaining broth and add to the centre of the pan. Stir in the cream and remove from heat and add the capers.
SALMON AND PEA PASTA WITH CAPERS | KRUMPLI
2021-04-29 · Home » Pasta Recipes » Salmon and Pea Pasta with Capers. Jump to Recipe. Fresh salmon and pea pasta is a gloriously simple, light, & delicious meal …
LIGHT LEMON GARLIC PASTA WITH SALMON - THE COOKING JAR
2015-06-20 · Meanwhile, season salmon with salt and pepper to taste and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and toss …
- Meanwhile, season salmon with salt and pepper to taste and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and toss with garlic, olive oil, basil and season with salt and pepper to taste
FRESH PASTA WITH SALMON AND CAPERS | KIM SUNéE
2019-05-09 · When pasta is al dente, not overcooked, remove, using a slotted spoon or kitchen spider, draining some of the water and adding pasta directly to the salmon. Stir …
EASY SALMON AND DILL PASTA WITH CAPERS - CULINARY TALKS
2019-01-14 · Leftover baked salmon, capers, wine and fresh dill in a creamy sauce will star at any gathering with friends. So fast, all is done within 25 minutes. The rule number …
12 TASTY SALMON PASTA RECIPES WORTH ADDING TO YOUR DINNER ...
2020-12-15 · Salmon pasta recipes are highly versatile— they can be creamy, smoky, lemony, or herbal, and can be adjusted to appeal to anyone's taste. Go in a decadent …
SMOKED SALMON, LEMON & CAPER PASTA - FOOD | DRINK | RECIPES
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 4 minutes, drain and return to the pan. 2. Meanwhile, whisk together the oil, lemon zest and juice and the Dijon. Stir into the …
SALMON WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE (SALMON PICCATA) | GIADZY
This salmon version is a great change-up from the classic! I might like this salmon dish even better – the rich salmon pairs so well with the bright lemon and …
See details »
CREAMY PASTA WITH SALMON RECIPES
Add the salmon and cook it until it turns pale-pink on all sides. Add the capers, shred some lime juice, and squeeze the juice out of the lime. See details » CREAMY …
See details »
SALMON PASTA RECIPE (WITH CREAMY SAUCE) | KITCHN
2021-07-31 · Partnering flaky salmon with long strands of pasta might not have crossed your mind until now. Know this, though: They work wonders together and this is a combo …
See details »
SPAGHETTI WITH FRIED CAPERS AND SMOKED SALMON | ALLRECIPES ...
2021-01-01 · Remove the capers from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Heat the olive oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat and cook the red onion for …
See details »