SAUSAGE PEAR STUFFING
Firm pears such as Bosc or Anjou stand up well to baking and make a delicious foil for Italian sausage in this sweet-and-savory stuffing.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dinner Recipes Dinner Side Dishes
Yield Makes 14 cups
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crisped but not golden, about 10 minutes. Let cool. In a 14-inch straight-sided skillet (or 2 large skillets), melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, leeks, celery, fennel, and pears; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables and pears are softened and start to turn golden, about 15 minutes. Stir in rosemary and sage.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally and breaking into large crumbles, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Stir into vegetable mixture, then transfer to a large bowl. Add bread cubes and toss well. Drizzle stock over mixture, add eggs and parsley, and toss to combine well. Season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Use 10 cups stuffing to fill bird; place remainder in a buttered 8-inch-square baking dish. After turkey is out of oven, bake at 350 degrees until heated through and top is browned, 40 to 45 minutes.
BRIOCHE-PEAR STUFFING WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND ALMONDS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Chop the brioche bread into 1/2-inch cubes to make 16 cups. Stale bread works best for stuffing-if yours is fresh, spread out the cubes on baking sheet and dry in a 300 degrees F oven, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 stick butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, sage, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth; bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs and parsley in a large bowl; stir in the bread cubes, the vegetable-broth mixture, the prepared pears, sausage and almonds.
- Transfer the mixture to a buttered 3-to-4-quart baking dish and dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F, 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, about 20 more minutes.
SAUSAGE, APPLE AND PEAR STUFFING WITH CRANBERRIES
Provided by Kelsey Nixon
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, breaking it up with the back of a spoon, until browned through, about 5 minutes. Add the celery, leeks, apples and pears and cook, stirring, until fragrant and softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 1 more minute. Add the chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits that have formed on the bottom of the skillet, cooking for an additional minute. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing and cooled sausage mixture. Add the cranberries and eggs and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until golden brown on top, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes. Top with additional parsley and serve.
PEAR STUFFING FOR TURKEY
I find this to be a delicious change from the usual Southern-style dressing served around here. I found the recipe in one of my mother's old cookbooks.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (8 cups stuffing).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread crumbs, pears, broth, salt, pepper and sage. , Just before baking, loosely stuff turkey with stuffing. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan., Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 165° when inserted in center of stuffing and the thigh reaches at least 170°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.), Cover turkey and let stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving turkey. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy.
Nutrition Facts :
BEST SAUSAGE STUFFING
This stuffing has lots of flavor and is nice and moist. You can also change the ingredients to your liking. I quadruple this recipe and make the extra in my electric roaster, that's how much everyone loves it. This recipe is very adaptable, you can change it around anyway you like and it will still be delicious!
Provided by MOMMY5
Categories Side Dish Stuffing and Dressing Recipes Sausage Stuffing and Dressing Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet; cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown, about 10 minutes. Remove sausage from the skillet and let drain on paper towels. Combine melted margarine with the sausage drippings until there is 1 cup of drippings and margarine combined.
- Cook and stir onion and celery in the margarine-dripping mixture in the same skillet over medium heat until onion is tender but not browned, about 10 minutes . Stir in about 1/3 of the bread cubes. Pour onion mixture into a large bowl and stir in remaining bread cubes, sausage, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Watch your hands, it's hot. Mix well. This stuffing is ready for baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.5 g, Cholesterol 27 mg, Fat 26.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 512.3 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
PEAR, CHESTNUT AND SAGE DRESSING/STUFFING
I found this recipe in The Wine Spectator, and ever since have given up making my old standby which was Apple, Pecan and Sausage stuffing. I normally make this outside the turkey (or chicken) but since there are no eggs, it is probably safe use to as a stuffing. It is great leftover for sandwiches and I always make extra! This version uses less butter than the original. It is important to use fresh chestnuts, if you can. Water Chestnuts change the taste, and chestnuts from a jar just don't hold up well.
Provided by Simply Chris
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the onion, carrot and celery over low heat in butter until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Combine the pears, chestnuts, sausage, herbs and bread in a large bowl.
- Add the sauteed vegetables and butter to the bowl.
- Lightly toss.
- Add enough stock (a little at a time) to lightly moisten the bread without allowing it to become soggy.
- Handle the dressing gently when mixing.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper, being especially generous with the black pepper.
- Spoon the dressing into a buttered 9x13 baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the temperature of the dressing reaches 160 degrees.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 664.6, Fat 23.6, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 56.5, Sodium 1068, Carbohydrate 92.3, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 7.8, Protein 22.1
CRANBERRY PEAR STUFFING
Our family came up with this recipe when we decided to add something new to our traditional Thanksgiving menu. Now this tasty dressing has become a standard dish on our holiday table. -Juanita Haugen, Pleasanton, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small saucepan, saute celery in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, cranberries, pears, pecans, parsley, poultry seasoning and pepper. Add the broth, egg substitute and celery mixture; toss until combined. , Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 calories, Fat 20g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 977mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
SAUSAGE, PEAR AND PARSNIP STUFFING
Categories Egg Side Bake Thanksgiving Stuffing/Dressing Pear Sausage Leek Parsnip Fall Sage Bon Appétit Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bread cubes on large rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven until just beginning to color, about 10 minutes. Cool on sheet. Transfer to large bowl. Maintain oven temperature. Steam parsnips over boiling water until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Sauté sausage in heavy large pot set over medium-high heat until brown and cooked through, breaking into small pieces with back of spoon, about 7 minutes. Transfer sausage to strainer set over bowl. Add enough melted butter to sausage drippings to measure 6 tablespoons; add to pot. Heat over medium-low heat. Add leeks, dried pears, sage, nutmeg and parsnips to pot and sauté until leeks are tender but not brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl; stir in sausage.
- Heat 2 tablespoons melted butter in same pot over medium-high heat. Add fresh pears and sauté until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to bowl with parsnip mixture. Add 1 cup broth to same pot and boil until reduced almost to glaze, scraping up browned bits, about 5 minutes. Add to parsnip mixture. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover bread and parsnip mixture separately. Store bread at room temperature. Refrigerate parsnip mixture.) Add parsnip mixture to bread. Season with salt and pepper. Mix eggs into stuffing.
- To bake stuffing in turkey:
- Loosely fill main cavity with stuffing. Add enough broth to remaining stuffing to moisten lightly (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup, depending on amount of remaining stuffing). Generously butter glass baking dish. Spoon remaining stuffing into prepared dish. Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down. Bake stuffing in dish alongside turkey until heated through, about 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is slightly crisp and golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- To bake all of stuffing in baking dish:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Add enough broth to stuffing to moisten (about 3/4 to 1 cup). Transfer stuffing to prepared dish. Cover with butter foil, buttered side down; bake until heated through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is slightly crisp and golden, about 20 to 25 minutes longer.
SOUTH BEACH TURKEY SAUSAGE AND PEAR STUFFING
This recipe is from The South Beach Diet Parties & Holidays Cookbook. My sister and I both have health problems and are looking for alternatives to traditional overwhelmingly heavy holiday dishes so that we can enjoy our family feasts with fewer worries. We haven't fixed it yet, but will edit this when we do! The book says that using a dense multi grain bread makes it even more nutritious if you want, and that you can substitute Bartlett or Anjou Pears for the Bosc.
Provided by ohbother
Yield 12 cups, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly oil with olive oil a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Remove sausage from casings and break into 1/2-inch pieces. Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, around 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl with bread cubes.
- Return the skillet to the heat. Add 2 Tbsp of broth, and using a wooden spook, scrape any browned bits of sausage from the bottom of the skillet. Add the remaining 2 tsp oil, celery, and onion; cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Add pear and sage; cook about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to the bowl with bread and sausage. Add the beaten egg and stir to combine ingredients. Add remaining broth, parsley, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Spread stuffing evenly in baking dish. Bake until top is crispy and stuffing is heated through, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 45.7, Fat 2.5, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 18.7, Sodium 207.8, Carbohydrate 2.8, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 1.6, Protein 3.3
More about "sausage pear stuffing recipes"
SAUSAGE AND PEAR STUFFING - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
Reviews 4Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Prep Work: Cut the bread into cubes and add to a large mixing bowl. Prepare the fruit, vegetables, herbs and pecans and set aside until needed.
- Add the butter, celery, onion and herbs to the skillet with the sausage and saute until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
SAUSAGE AND PEAR STUFFING RECIPE - AMANDA WILENS
Ratings 2Servings 8Cuisine AmericanCategory Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 250°F. On a lipped baking sheet, evenly spread out pieces of bread. Bake for about 1 hour or until dried out. Remove from oven and place in a large glass or metal bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and onion and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add sausage and stir occasionally until cooked through. Add leeks and herbs; cook until leeks soften, about 7 to 9 minutes. Add pears, salt and pepper. Stir for about 2 to 4 minutes; pears shouldn't break down. Toss pear mixture into bowl of bread and add 1 cup chicken broth. Stir and let cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk remaining 1½ cups chicken broth with eggs. Add to bread mixture and stir until fully combined. Pour into prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
SAUSAGE-PEAR STUFFING | STOP AND SHOP
Servings 8Calories 378 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
SAUSAGE & PEAR STUFFING WITH WILD MUSHROOM & SAGE OIL
SAUSAGE, PEAR AND CHESTNUT STUFFING - GRATEFUL
SAUSAGE-PECAN STUFFING - MARTHA.COM
PEAR AND SAUSAGE STUFFING - THE PEAR DISH
SAUSAGE PEAR STUFFING - MARTHA STEWART - YOUTUBE
BRIOCHE STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE & PEARS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SLOW COOKER PEAR AND SAUSAGE STUFFING - PINCH OF YUM
SOURDOUGH, SAUSAGE AND PEAR STUFFING - FORK KNIFE SWOON
PEAR, CRANBERRY AND SAUSAGE STUFFING - CAROLINE'S COOKING
PEAR, SAGE AND SAUSAGE STUFFING - THE FLAVOR BENDER
SAUSAGE AND PEAR STUFFING - COOKEATSHARE
SLOW COOKER PEAR AND SAUSAGE STUFFING - JONES MARKET
SAUSAGE PEAR STUFFING RECIPE - MALTA DEVELOPMENT
SAUSAGE PEAR STUFFING RECIPE | RECIPE | STUFFING RECIPES, PEAR …
PEAR AND SAUSAGE STUFFING - USA PEARS
SAUSAGE PEAR STUFFING - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
SAUSAGE PEAR PECAN STUFFING RECIPE | SIDECHEF
SAUSAGE PEAR STUFFING - JESSICA GAVIN
SOURDOUGH STUFFING WITH PEARS AND SAUSAGE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SLOW COOKER PEAR AND SAUSAGE STUFFING - JONES DAIRY FARM
SAUSAGE, PEAR AND CRANBERRY STUFFING RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
SAUSAGE, PEAR AND SAGE STUFFING - VIKALINKA
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
SAUSAGE, PEAR AND SAGE STUFFING | STUFFING RECIPES, SAGE STUFFING, …
PEAR AND SAUSAGE RECIPES (22) - SUPERCOOK
SAUSAGE, APPLE AND PEAR STUFFING WITH CRANBERRIES | RECIPE
SOUTH BEACH TURKEY SAUSAGE AND PEAR STUFFING - PLAIN.RECIPES
SAUSAGE PEAR STUFFING - ADDONEPINCH.COM
RYE STUFFING & ITALIAN SAUSAGE, PEARS, & CHESTNUTS RECIPE
KELSEY NIXON'S FESTIVE BAKED APPLE PEAR STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE
PECAN PEAR STUFFING RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
SAUSAGE, PEAR AND SAGE STUFFING – MY ROI LIST
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love