SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE II
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- In a skillet over medium heat, mix the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, shallot, and garlic. Cook and stir until most of the liquid has been reduced. Stir in the butter until melted.
- Brush the scallops with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Broil the scallops in the preheated oven about 2 minutes on each side, or until opaque. Serve with the wine sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7.8 g, Cholesterol 99.1 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 28.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 3123.6 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE
This is such an easy dish but with great end results! I serve it with a pasta such as my Recipe #55679. Yummy!
Provided by polly salama
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over high heat.
- When oil begins to smoke add scallops.
- Sear each side for one minute or until each side is golden brown.
- Add 1/2 cup of wine and lower heat to medium.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove scallops from pan.
- Add remaining wine and lemon juice,and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Add butter, parsley and season with pepper.
- Place scallops on a plate and smother with sauce.
SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE I
- In a medium saucepan, combine white wine, wine vinegar, and shallots. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated, approximately 1 tablespoon left. Stir in heavy cream and let boil down until reduced by half. Stir in butter 1 tablespoon at a time, allowing each to melt before adding the next. Keep warm while preparing the scallops.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- Brush scallops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place under preheated broiler for 2 minutes on each side, until scallops are opaque, with a bit of brown around the edges. Place a spoonful of sauce on each plate, and top with 4 scallops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Cholesterol 108 mg, Fat 33.1 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 19.5 g, Sodium 269.4 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
CREAMY SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and cook the shallots for 4 minutes. Add the wine and vinegar and bring to a simmer. Cook liquid until it starts to thicken. Stir in the heavy cream and simmer for 8 minutes. Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper and scallops. Simmer the scallops for about two minutes or until they are a milky white. Serve over rice.
SEA SCALLOPS POACHED IN WHITE WINE
- For 1 1/2 pounds whole scallops. Simmer 1/2 tablespoon minced shallots for 3 minutes with 1/3 cup each of dry white French vermouth and water plus 1/2 teaspoon salt and a small imported bay leaf. Then add the scallops and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, just until lightly springy to the touch. Remove from heat and let cool in the liquid at least 10 minutes, to pick up its flavor. Remove scallops, discard bay leaf, and rapidly boil down liquid until almost syrupy.
- serving suggestions: fines herbes
- Stir fresh minced parsley and/or dill, tarragon or chives into the reduced liquid, and briefly reheat scallops, folding in, if you wish, a few tablespoons of heavy cream.
- provençal-with tomatoes
- Stir 1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded, juiced, and chopped fresh tomatoes (see box, page 30) and 1 large clove of minced garlic into the reduced liquid. Cover and simmer 5 minutes, then uncover and boil down rapidly to thicken. Season. Fold in the scallops and reheat briefly. Fold in minced parsley or other green herbs and serve.
- Simmering times for quartered sea scallops and bay scallops, 15 to 30 seconds; for calicos, bring just to the simmer.
CARAMELIZED SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE
- Check each of your scallops for a small crescent-shaped muscle that may be attached on the side. If you find one, just peel it off with your fingers - it is easily removed. This muscle toughens during cooking.
- Rinse the scallops and dry them thoroughly. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Spread the sugar in a thin layer on a plate.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the clarified butter - when it starts to foam, you are ready to add the scallops. Dip only one side of each scallop in the sugar and place that side down in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until nicely seared. Flip and scallops and cook for another minute. Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan. Reduce the liquid by half. After about 1 1/2 minutes, transfer the scallops to a warm platter and pour pan juices over top.
- Serve the scallops with the pan sauce and garnish with the parsley, chives and lemon zest.
SEARED SCALLOPS IN MUSHROOM WHITE WINE SAUCE
- Spray the scallops lightly with oil. Heat a large, heavy-bottomed nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the scallops and sear until browned on both sides. Add the mushrooms and saute until cooked. Use a slotted spoon to put on a plate.
- Pour the wine into the skillet, add the thyme and cook, stirring, until reduced by half. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the scallop mixture back into the pan and coat with the sauce. Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 130, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 501 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "savory sea scallops in white wine sauce recipes"
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH A WHITE WINE BUTTER SAUCE
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE
Servings 4Calories 415 per serving
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE - EAT SMARTER USA
5/5 (1)Servings 2Cuisine European, FrenchTotal Time 15 mins
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WHITE WINE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SCALLOPS AND MUSHROOMS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE OVER CRèME FRAîCHE …
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE (KITCHENPC)
PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
CARAMELIZED SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - YORKVILLE CELLARS
PAN-SEARED SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - STYLISH CUISINE
SAUTEED SCALLOPS RECIPE WHITE WINE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
COOKING WITH WINE AND MAKING SCALLOPS WITH SAVORY …
SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE | VISIT A WINERY
PAN FRIED SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE GARLIC SAUCE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - YEP YUMMY
PETITE BAY SCALLOPS WITH SIMPLE WHITE WINE SAUCE - BACONFATTE.COM
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SAUTEED SCALLOPS WHITE WINE SAUCE | VISIT A WINERY
SCALLOP RECIPES WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE | VISIT A WINERY
DIVINE SCALLOPS IN WINE SAUCE - TASTYCOOKERY
SCALLOPS IN LEMON WINE SAUCE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
COOKING SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SCALLOPS IN LEMON WINE SAUCE SEAFOOD - MANY SIMPLE RECIPES
SCALLOP RECIPE | SAUTEED SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE | DATIL ZEST
SCALLOP SPAGHETTI IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - JULIA'S ALBUM
PAN SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WHITE WINE RECIPES
SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH WINE SAUCE - CHAMPAGNE TASTES®
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE BUTTER SAUCE - GROOMER SEAFOOD
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SAVORY SEA SCALLOPS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE - GENIUS KITCHEN
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #healthy #main-dish #seafood #low-fat #stove-top #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #scallops #low-in-something #shellfish #taste-mood #savory #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook scallops in white wine sauce?Scallops in white wine butter sauce are moist and full of flavor! Pasta with creamy garlic sauce works great with scallops! In a medium skillet, heat butter, olive oil and minced garlic on medium heat. Cook for about a minute, until garlic softens. Add wine. Bring to boil.
How to cook scallops?DIRECTIONS Heat oil in heavy skillet over high heat. When oil begins to smoke add scallops. Sear each side for one minute or until each side is golden brown. Add 1/2 cup of wine and lower heat to medium. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove scallops from pan. Add remaining wine and lemon juice,and garlic. Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
What sauce goes with scallops?Pan-seared scallops and pasta are then combined with easy-to-make white wine garlic sauce. Because the sauce uses butter, Parmesan cheese, and heavy cream, you can call this dish scallop pasta alfredo. Creamy white wine butter garlic sauce also features capers . They provide a sharp and salty taste to the scallops and pasta.
How to cook scallops in lemon cream?Scallops in Lemon Cream is an easy and elegant recipe, perfect for a quick weekday dinner with the family! Defrost scallops in the fridge if frozen. Dab dry with a paper towel and season with salt & pepper. Heat oil over high heat in a nonstick skillet. Once the oil is smoking, add scallops and cook 2 minutes or until golden brown.