SHINGLED POTATOES WITH THYME
- In a Dutch oven, combine potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until about halfway cooked. Drain and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Slice cooled potatoes about 1/4-inch thick and spread them out on a work surface, such as a large cutting board or sheet pan. (It's OK if they overlap a bit.) Sprinkle slices with thyme, salt and pepper. Brush with about half of the melted butter.
- In a 3-quart baking dish, arrange potatoes in rows, one slice leaning on the next. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until edges are crisp and centers are soft when tested with a skewer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 12 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 342 mg, Sugar 3 g
ROASTED SMASHED POTATOES
The key to perfect smashed potatoes is completely chilling the parboiled potatoes before smashing, which gives you plenty of time to infuse some butter with garlic and herbs for drizzling over top. Roasted, the potatoes will end up crispy, buttery, and crusty on the outside, with a light, fluffy interior. It's like taking the best parts of home fries, mashed potatoes, French fries, and potato pancakes, and smashing them all together.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place potatoes into a 5-quart stockpot and cover with 3 quarts of cold water. Add kosher salt and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently until potatoes are just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and drain well. Let potatoes cool just until they're safe to handle.
- Transfer potatoes onto a sheet pan and continue cooling to room temperature. Make 4 or 5 shallow cuts down the sides of each potato, about every inch or so, to ensure the skin splits evenly when smashed. Refrigerate until completely chilled and ready to smash; 8 hours to overnight is best.
- Combine butter, sliced garlic, rosemary, and thyme in a small pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter melts and begins to bubble, and garlic softens and starts to turn translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C). Line 2 metal baking sheets with silicone baking mats (such as Silpat®) and generously brush on some of the infused melted butter.
- Remove potatoes from the fridge and gently smash each between two pieces of plastic using a flat, heavy object until 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick. Season generously with salt, pepper, and cayenne on both sides, being careful not to break potatoes up into small pieces. Transfer onto a sheet pan, being careful not to overlap potatoes. Very generously drizzle and brush most of the melted butter on top.
- Bake potatoes in the preheated oven until well browned and crunchy around the edges, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the pan with the remaining garlic and herb butter back over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, until garlic starts to turn a very light golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Carefully transfer potatoes onto a serving platter and scatter over the golden brown slices of garlic. Crumble the toasted herbs on top if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137.9 calories, Carbohydrate 19.9 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 1915 mg
SHINGLED ROASTED POTATOES
Shingling these potatoes is as easy as thinly slicing each (just not all the way through) before roasting them. The result is a beautiful display. Put them in the oven 30 minutes before the beef goes in so that everything is ready at the same time.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel one long side of each potato. Thinly slice each crosswise, cutting only three-quarters of the way through, keeping bottoms (unpeeled portions) intact. Brush sliced portion of potatoes with olive oil. Season with salt. Bake on a baking sheet in the lower third of the oven until tender and slightly golden, about 1 hour 5 minutes.
"SPECIAL" ROASTED POTATOES
The secret to these deliciously crusty potatoes is the pre-oven boiling in a salted and seasoned liquid. The potatoes not only absorb flavor and salt, but more importantly the surface of the potato cooks, which is what forms the great crunchy texture in the oven.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place potatoes in a large pot with water. Bruise the rosemary with the dull side of a knife blade and place in the pot. Add garlic, bay leaves, and salt. Bring to a boil; simmer for 5 minutes. Drain; let potatoes air dry.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- When potatoes are thoroughly dry, transfer them back to the pot. Drizzle with olive oil, cayenne pepper, and a pinch of salt. Stir to coat. Transfer potatoes to a rimmed sheet pan. Bake until potatoes are golden brown and crusty, and the flesh is creamy and soft, about 35 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162.3 calories, Carbohydrate 27.8 g, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 2401.7 mg
ROASTED POTATOES AND SHALLOTS
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in lowest position.
- Toss shallots with 1 1/2 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 13-by 9-inch baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, until shallots are golden, about 30 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then add to shallots.
- Roast, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender and potatoes are crusty, 40 to 50 minutes.
EASILY THE BEST GARLIC HERB ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: russet potatoes, baking soda, salt, olive oil, garlic, fresh rosemary, black pepper, salt, pepper, fresh parsley leaf
Provided by Merle O'Neal
Yield 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Fill a large pot with water and boil. Add salt, baking soda, and potatoes, and stir.
- Return to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes after returning to a boil. A fork should easily pierce the potato pieces by the end. Drain and let sit one minute while moisture evaporates.
- Combine olive oil, rosemary (or thyme), garlic, and a few grinds of black pepper in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir constantly until garlic just begins to turn golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Immediately strain oil through a fine-mesh strainer over the potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix.
- Shake the pot that the potatoes are in so that they slam against all sides of the pot, this will loosen the outer layer of the potatoes to form a mashed layer around each potato piece.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Transfer potatoes to a large rimmed baking sheet and separate them, spreading them out evenly.
- Transfer to oven and roast, without moving, for 30-35 minutes.
- Using a thin, flexible metal spatula flip potatoes. Continue roasting until potatoes are deep brown and crisp all over, turning and shaking them a few times during cooking, 30 to 40 minutes longer.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl and add the garlic-rosemary mixture (optional) and minced parsley. Toss to coat and season with more salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 716 calories, Carbohydrate 143 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 12 grams, Protein 13 grams, Sugar 6 grams
SHINGLED SWEET POTATOES WITH HARISSA
Harissa lends both a spiciness and an earthiness to this savory sweet potato dish. We promise you won't miss the marshmallows.
Provided by Molly Baz
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Whisk 2/3 cup oil, 2/3 cup harissa, and 1 Tbsp. vinegar in a large bowl to combine. Slice sweet potatoes crosswise on a mandoline 1/8" thick. Add to bowl with harissa mixture and toss to coat; season with salt.
- Arrange sweet potatoes so they are standing upright in concentric circles in a 2-qt. baking dish, packing tightly, and roast, brushing any accumulated harissa oil in dish onto sweet potatoes every 10-15 minutes, until soft and starting to brown on top, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, toss pistachios, sesame seeds, and fennel seeds on a small rimmed baking sheet. Toast alongside sweet potatoes until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to spice mill or mortar and pestle and coarsely grind. Set dukkah aside.
- Whisk remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, 2 Tbsp. harissa, and 1 Tbsp. vinegar in a small bowl. Remove sweet potatoes from oven and brush with oil mixture. Sprinkle with reserved dukkah.
- Do Ahead
- Dukkah can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
CRISPY SMASHED ROASTED POTATOES
Oh my! Moist, cooked tender potatoes on the inside with sizzling crisp edges on the outside. Easy, easy...great for entertaining or just a weeknight meal! Another great one from Fine Cooking magazine.
Provided by lisar
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven (preferably in one layer) and cover with at least 1 inch of water. Add 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to a good simmer, and cook the potatoes until they are completely tender and can be easily pierced with a metal or wooden skewer. Make sure they are cooked through but don't overcook. The total cooking time will be 30 to 35 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking set up a double layer of clean dishtowels on your countertop. As the potatoes finish cooking, remove them individually from the water, and let them drain and sit for just a minute or two on the dishtowels.
- Fold another dishtowel into quarters and using it as a cover, gently press down on one potato with the palm of your hand to flatten it to a thickness of about ½ inch. Repeat with all the potatoes. Don't worry if some break apart a bit; you can still use them.
- Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; put a sheet of parchment paper on top of the foil. Transfer the flatten potatoes carefully to the baking sheet and let them cool completely at room temperature.
- If making ahead, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Otherwise, continue on with roasting directions.
- Remove the pan of potatoes from the refrigerator, if prepared ahead. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Alternatively, if you have a convection function, turn it on and set the temperature at 400 degrees. Sprinkle the potatoes with about ¾ teaspoon of salt and pour the olive oil over them. Lift the potatoes gently to make sure some of the oil goes underneath them and they are well coated on both sides. Roast the potatoes until they are crispy and deep brown around the edges, about 30 minutes if using convection, 30 to 40 minutes if roasting conventionally, turning over once gently with a spatula or tongs half way through cooking. Serve hot.
- *Make Ahead Tip: Do the busy work-boiling and flattening the potatoes-up to 8 hours ahead. Let the potatoes cool completely, and store them on the pan, lightly covered in the fridge. Then all you have to do at the last minute is coat with oil and salt and roast.
SMASHED ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE BY TASTY
Upgrade your holiday dinner with these crispy, buttery smashed potatoes. They're roasted to perfection and paired with a creamy, tangy whipped feta dip.
Provided by Aleya Zenieris
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cool water by at least 1 inch. Generously season the water with salt and stir in the baking soda. Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes for 18-20 minutes, until a fork can be easily inserted into a potato, but they are not so soft that they fall apart when pierced. Drain the potatoes and let cool until safe to handle, about 20 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to an airtight container and refrigerate overnight for best results.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Melt together the butter and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the rosemary, thyme, garlic, and salt. Cook for 30-60 seconds, until fragrant, then remove the pot from the heat.
- On a clean surface, evenly press down on each potato using a flat-bottomed 1-cup measure or plate until they are about ¼ inch thick.
- Brush 2 large baking sheets with about 2 teaspoons of olive oil each. Arrange the smashed potatoes on the baking sheets in a single layer, spacing evenly. Using a pastry brush or small spoon, top each potato with some of the butter-herb mixture. Season with the black pepper.
- Roast the potatoes for 35-38 minutes, gently flipping once, until golden brown and crispy.
- While the potatoes are roasting, make the whipped feta dip: Add the feta, crème fraîche, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt to a food processor. Process until completely smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Transfer the dip to a small bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper, lemon zest, and minced rosemary.
- Arrange the potatoes on a platter and top with any remaining butter-herb mixture, if desired. Serve with the whipped feta dip.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294 calories, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 2 grams
More about "shingled roasted potatoes recipes"
SWEET POTATOES WITH HARISSA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CRISPY SMASHED ROASTED POTATO RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SHINGLED SWEET POTATOES | THE LOCAL PALATE
RESTAURANT STYLE ROASTED POTATOES -- PERFECT EVERY TIME
CRISPY GARLIC ROASTED SMASHED POTATOES - FORK IN THE …
ORIGINAL RANCH ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE - HIDDEN VALLEY
10 BEST SLICED ROASTED POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES WITH CRAVEABLE SAUCE
SHINGLED POTATOES RECIPE | ST. PETERSBURG FOODIES
SHINGLED ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE | RECIPE | GREEN GARLIC RECIPES, …
HONEY ROASTED SMASHED POTATOES - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
FRENCH ONION DOMINO POTATOES RECIPE | KITCHN
PERFECT ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
BBQ MEATLOAVES WITH SHINGLED POTATOES RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
ROASTED SMASHED POTATOES - SPEND WITH PENNIES
ROASTED COD ON SHINGLED POTATOES – MAKE YOUR SOMEDAY TODAY
RECIPE :: SHINGLED ROASTED POTATOES - VT WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
LOADED ROASTED POTATOES | EASY POTATO RECIPE - DELICIOUSLY …
SHINGLED SWEET POTATOES - DUTCH MEADOWS FARM
RECIPE: TASTY SHINGLED SWEET POTATOES WITH HARISSA
CRIMINI-SHINGLED MAHI MAHI W/GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
STEPS TO MAKE ULTIMATE SHINGLED SWEET POTATOES WITH HARISSA
SHINGLED SWEET POTATOES | FOODTALK
CRIMINI-SHINGLED MAHI MAHI WITH GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
SHINGLED ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE | RECIPE | ROASTED POTATOES, …
SHINGLED ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CRIMINI-SHINGLED MAHI MAHI WITH GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE
MAKE YOUR SOMEDAY TODAY!: ROASTED COD ON SHINGLED POTATOES
HASSELBACK SHINGLED POTATOES. BERKSHIRE RECIPES, JANE …
OVEN ROASTED POTATOES - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
SHINGLED ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE | RECIPE | BAKED POTATO …
PORK SAUSAGE & SHINGLED POTATOES RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
SHINGLED POTATOES RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake potatoes in the oven?Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix dill weed, garlic powder, salt and pepper in small bowl. Set aside. Toss potatoes with oil in large bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mixture over potatoes; toss to coat. Spread potatoes in single layer on foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
How do I choose the best roasted red potatoes?The best roasted red potatoes start with a heavy roasting pan, a generous amount of olive oil, and enough time to roast the potatoes dark and rich. These simply seasoned potatoes make a terrific side dish to any meal. Fingerling potatoes get a boost of flavor from baking with coconut oil, onion, and garlic.
How to cook potatoes in oven with dill?1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix dill weed, garlic powder, salt and pepper in small bowl. ... 2 Toss potatoes with oil in large bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mixture over potatoes; toss to coat. 3 Spread potatoes in single layer on foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. 4 Bake 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
What to serve with garlic Parmesan potatoes?Red potatoes are roasted with onion soup mix for a crispy, savory side. These garlic Parmesan potato wedges are perfect as a side or a snack. Deliciously seasoned roasted potatoes make a perfect side to any meal. Roasted potatoes and asparagus get a savory upgrade with garlic and herbs. Slight twist to an old favorite.