This simple sauté of shrimp, garlic, tomato, and parsley with a splash of Pernod is served in warmed shallow bowls. A small timbale of rice would be a nice accompaniment; place it to one side in the bowl before spooning in the Shrimp Provencal.
Provided by Great Chefs
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot enough to shimmer, add the shrimp and toss until the shrimp turn pink and become opaque. Add the garlic, shallot, tomato, half of the parsley, and seasonings. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add the Pernod. Reduce the heat and add 1 tablespoon of the butter. Sauté for 1 more minute. Melt the remaining butter separately. Serve on warmed plates and pour the remaining butter on top. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
For a gourmet meal this is very easy to prepare. Leftovers reheat well the next day too! Instead of using fresh shrimp like the recipe originally called (took too long the first time I did it) we now use frozen, raw, peeled and it tastes the exact same, but with 1/4 of the time! This is great over rice and served with French bread.
Provided by MICHELLE_F
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly saute shrimp until they turn pink, but are not cooked through; remove from skillet and set aside. Add the bell peppers, onion, garlic, fennel seeds, and thyme; cook until the onion softens, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in white wine, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the flavors blend, about 10 minutes. Add the shrimp, and simmer until they are cooked and turn opaque, about 3 minutes. Stir in the basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 172.5 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 322.1 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
I learned how to make these prawns working for a caterer back in the '80s. Be sure to season the breadcrumbs well. Butterflying the prawns takes time, but practically everything except the baking can be done ahead of time. Serve with any number of dips (like lemon aioli) or just a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Carefully remove shells and legs of prawns; leave the tail attached. To butterfly the prawns, cut a slit with a small sharp knife lengthwise down the belly side of shrimp, almost to the skin on the back. Open out like a book.
- Place chopped garlic, large pinch kosher salt, oregano, and thyme in a mortar; pound and stir with a pestle a few seconds. Add 1 tablespoon fresh parsley. Pound and stir mixture until it turns into a paste, 1 or 2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup olive oil; mix about 1 minute to infuse olive oil with herbs and garlic.
- Place bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Transfer herb-garlic mixture to breadcrumbs. Add a pinch of salt, black pepper, pinch cayenne, remaining chopped parsley, and grated cheese. Mix with a fork to distribute ingredients evenly. Pinch a bit of the mixture; if it feels a bit dry and doesn't stick to your finger, drizzle in a bit more olive oil. Stir until mixture reaches desired consistency. 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lightly but thoroughly coat cut side of prawns with crumb mixture; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until cooked through and tails curl up, 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260.3 calories, Carbohydrate 10.6 g, Cholesterol 177.2 mg, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 22.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 475.7 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
SHRIMP PROVENCAL OVER RICE
A very tasty shrimp dish featuring mushrooms, garlic and fresh diced tomatoes. Very quick to prepare and cook.
Provided by Marie
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons hot oil, cook shrimp stirring frequently, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, in remaining tablespoon of hot oil, add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and cook 3 minutes more.
- Return shrimp to skillet and heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 499.4, Fat 14, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 259.2, Sodium 700.5, Carbohydrate 50.4, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 4.5, Protein 42.5
GRILLED SHRIMP PROVENCAL
- Coat shrimp lightly with olive oil and Grill for 6-7 minutes until shrimp are pink.
- In a blender, combine remaining ingredients, the resulting sauce should be pastel green.
- Place the sauce in a metal bowl on the grill and heat while the shrimp are cooking.
- Serve shrimp on a plate with a bowl of the dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 789.8, Fat 63.6, SaturatedFat 31.8, Cholesterol 467.6, Sodium 1224.1, Carbohydrate 6, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.4, Protein 47.5
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté just until pink, about 1 minute. Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to bowl. Add bell peppers, onion, thyme, garlic and fennel seeds to skillet. Sauté until onion softens, about 8 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices, olives, wine and tomato paste; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until flavors blend, about 10 minutes. Add shrimp; simmer uncovered until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Mix in basil; season with salt and pepper.
More about "shrimp provenale recipes"
SIZZLED SHRIMP PROVENçAL RECIPE - CHEF BOBO - FOOD & WINE
4/5 Total Time 15 mins
- In a very large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook over high heat until they are lightly browned and barely opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet, along with the garlic and capers, and cook for 30 seconds. Turn the shrimp and add the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the chopped parsley. Cover and cook over low heat until the shrimp are cooked through and the sauce is slightly reduced, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to plates and spoon the Provençal sauce on top. Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and serve.
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP PROVENçAL - BEST RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
SHRIMP PROVENCAL RECIPE – RECIPE CRITIQUE
SHRIMP PROVENçAL - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER - EASY SHRIMP …
PROVENCAL SHRIMP SAUTé | CANADIAN GOODNESS - DAIRY …
28 BEST SHRIMP RECIPES | QUICK AND EASY SHRIMP DINNER IDEAS
SHRIMP PROVENçAL | TASTE FRANCE MAGAZINE
SIZZLED SHRIMP PROVENCAL RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHRIMP PROVENCALE RECIPE AND NUTRITION - EAT THIS MUCH
TOP 43 SHRIMP PROVENCALE RECIPES - PAGY.NORUSHCHARGE.COM
HEALTHY RECIPES: SHRIMP PROVENCALE RECIPE
JUICY SHRIMP PROVENCAL RECIPE | COOKING-CUISINES – GULF NEWS
SHRIMP PROVENCAL RECIPE | RECIPELAND
QUICK AND EASY SHRIMP PROVENCAL RECIPE | - JUSTALITTLEBITE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook shrimp in Provençal sauce?Turn the shrimp and add the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the chopped parsley. Cover and cook over low heat until the shrimp are cooked through and the sauce is slightly reduced, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to plates and spoon the Provençal sauce on top. Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley and serve.
What to serve with shrimp Provencal?This simple sauté of shrimp, garlic, tomato, and parsley with a splash of Pernod is served in warmed shallow bowls. A small timbale of rice would be a nice accompaniment; place it to one side in the bowl before spooning in the Shrimp Provencal. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
How do you cook pre cooked shrimp?Heat a large, deep oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and 1 tbs of the butter and heat until butter is bubbly. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the shrimp, parsley and dill. Cook until shrimp turns pink. Remove the shrimp from the pan and keep warm. In the same pan, melt the remaining butter.
How to make Pernod grilled shrimp?Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot enough to shimmer, add the shrimp and toss until the shrimp turn pink and become opaque. Add the garlic, shallot, tomato, half of the parsley, and seasonings. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add the Pernod. Reduce the heat and add 1 tablespoon of the butter.