SLOW ROAST BEEF
Perfectly tender, rosy roast beef is easier than you think! Slow Roast Beef where the beef is seared before roasting at a very low temperature produces juicy, delicious beef every time.
Provided by Jay Wadams
Categories Main Event
Number Of Ingredients 20
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Take the beef out of the refrigerator at least one hour before you want to start cooking.
- PREPARE: Heat the oven to 80°C / 175°F and place a roasting dish large enough to hold the beef on the middle rack. Rinse the beef and dry well with paper towel.
- SEAR THE BEEF: Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and the butter in a frying pan over a high heat. When the butter is hot and sizzling, brown the beef well on all sides. It's important to get plenty of colour on the beef at this point as the slow cooking later will not colour the beef at all. It should take around 10 minutes in total.
- MAKE THE GLAZE: Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining oil, mustard and paprika.
- ROAST THE BEEF: When the beef is well browned on all sides, remove from the heat. Season generously with salt and pepper, then brush all over with the mustard mixture. Place in the preheated roasting dish, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat and roast in the oven for 2.5-3 hours until the thermometer reads or 60-62°C (140-144°F).
- MAKE THE GRAVY: To make the gravy, heat the butter in the pan that you browned the beef in. Cook the onion, celery and garlic over a medium heat, stirring until softened, around 10 minutes. Stir through the tomato paste and flour, cook for a further two minutes, then pour in the wine.
- THICKEN THE GRAVY: Use a wooden spatula or spoon to scrape up all the browned on flavour on the bottom of the pan, then stir in the beef stock. Simmer until thickened, season to taste with salt and pepper, then strain into a clean saucepan and keep warm.
- REST THE BEEF: When the beef is cooked, remove from the oven, cover with tinfoil and a tea towel and rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- MAKE YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS: To make the Yorkshire puddings, whisk together the flour and sea salt in a small bowl or jug. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, water and egg, then stir the egg mixture into the flour until completely combined. Set aside for at least half an hour.
- COOK YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS: After the meat is out of the oven, turn the heat right up to 230°C / 450°F. Divide the oil or fat between 4 muffin tins and heat in the oven until smoking. When the fat is hot, quickly divide the batter between the tins. Return to the oven and cook without opening the oven door for 15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- SLICE AND SERVE: Serve the roast with gravy and Yorkshire puddings, I like to serve mine with honey glazed carrots and green beans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 774 calories, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 282 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 50 grams fat, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 65 grams protein, SaturatedFat 19 grams saturated fat, Sodium 538 milligrams sodium, Sugar 2 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 25 grams unsaturated fat
SLOW-COOKED ROAST BEEF
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, paprika, herbes de Provence, cayenne pepper and dry mustard. Rub on the roast, coating it evenly on all sides.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan and bake it in a 225-degree oven for approximately 5 to 6 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees. Remove and set aside to cool until lukewarm, for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Strain and reserve the juices. When ready to serve, cut the roast into very thin slices by hand or on a meat-slicing machine. Serve with the juices or on greens.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 63, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 0 grams, Fat 3 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 68 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
SLOW COOKER POT ROAST
Taking the time to make a smooth, thick gravy for this slow-cooked dinner is worth it. As the pot roast cooks, the water and juices from the vegetables and meat will thin the gravy out, creating just the right consistency.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Sprinkle the roast all over with 2 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Coat in flour and shake off any excess. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the roast to the skillet and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes, turning as needed. Transfer the roast to the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker, along with the carrots, celery, onions and garlic.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet over medium heat. Add the tomato paste and stir until the oil begins to turn brick-red, about 1 minute. Add the flour and wine and whisk until thick (it's OK if there are some lumps). Add the beef broth, bay leaves, thyme, allspice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and bring to a simmer, whisking, until the gravy is smooth and thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Pour the gravy into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. The roast and vegetables should be tender.
- Remove the roast and let rest for a few minutes. Discard the thyme stems and strain the vegetables, reserving the gravy. Toss the vegetables with half the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Stir the remaining parsley into the gravy and season with salt and pepper. Slice the roast against the grain. Serve the meat and vegetables on a platter, moistening them with some of the gravy; serve the remaining gravy on the side.
SLOW COOKER BEEF ROAST
This beef is cooked slowly with Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, and spices. SO EASY! Set it up in the morning and you will have dinner ready when you get home. No mess in your kitchen. Use the sauce over egg noodles or rice.
Provided by Ella Schwartz
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place beef round roast in slow cooker, then add carrots, onion, and celery. Season with garlic powder and black pepper. Pour Worcestershire and barbeque sauce over meat and vegetables. Cook on Low until the meat is tender, 6 to 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.3 calories, Carbohydrate 17.4 g, Cholesterol 79.9 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 31.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 523.7 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
EASY SLOW COOKER BEEF ROAST
Provided by Food Network
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1. Place onions in bottom of slow cooker. 2. Place roast on top of onions. 3. Pour steak sauce over roast to coat. 4. Sprinkle with dried onion and steak spice. 5. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 8 hours or until internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit for medium doneness.
SLOW ROASTED BEEF
The cheapest cut of beef can taste divine when marinaded and prepared well, then cooked for several hours until it is falling apart!
Provided by jill5529
Yield Serves 5
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Butterfly the beef joint; make a cut about a third of the way down it horizontally, til it opens out like a book. Then cut down the thick part so as that can be folded back as well. Rub well with olive oil and the crushed garlic.
- In a pan, heat a small amount of olive oil and add the chopped red onions and mushrooms, and fry briskly until browned and soft. Turn down the heat, add 1 tbsp caster sugar and a splash of water, put on the lid and allow to cook gently until water has evaporated, and they are soft and sticky with the sugar melted in.
- Spread the onion and mushroom mixture across the cut open part of the beef and put it back together into a joint, securing tightly with butcher's string.
- Place in a deep dish and tip over 1/2 bottle of red wine. Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 140C and spoon the wine mixture over the meat, rubbing the top with approx 1 tbsp of horseradish sauce, then re-cover the whole dish with foil. Roast in the oven for 5-6 hours, uncovering for the last 30 minutes to allow it to brown. Meat should fall apart when being sliced.
- I served this with potato dauphinoise and steamed veg. Use the juices from the meat to mix in with some beef stock and 1tbsp horseradish to make a gravy, and thicken with cornflour as required.
SLOW-COOKER POT ROAST
I work full time, so this slow cooker roast beef is my go-to when I want a hearty, home cooked meal. It's a comfort to walk in and smell this simmering slow cooker pot roast that I know will be fall-apart tender and delicious. -Gina Jackson, Ogdensburg, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, whisk water and beef base; add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Sprinkle roast with pepper; transfer to slow cooker. Drizzle with Worcestershire sauce. Cook roast, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender., Remove roast to a serving platter; tent with foil. Strain cooking juices, reserving vegetables. Skim fat from cooking juices. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and salt until smooth; gradually whisk in cooking juices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cooked vegetables. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380 calories, Fat 22g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 126mg cholesterol, Sodium 467mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
SLOW COOKED BEEF ROAST
- Grease roasting pan lightly.
- Mix ingredients for sauce.
- Place roast into roasting pan.
- Cut vegetables into individual servings.
- Pour sauce over beef and vegetables.
- Cover tightly and don't peek.
- Bake in a 250 degree oven for 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 565.9, Fat 12, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 187.1, Sodium 1057.2, Carbohydrate 50.8, Fiber 6.3, Sugar 15, Protein 66.2
DELICIOUS SLOW-COOKED BEEF POT ROAST
A long slow cooking time is what makes this the most tender delicious pot roast and the gravy from this is so good, if you prefer lots of gravy then double all the ingredients, this also works well using a pork roast and also works well using chuck or blade beef roast --- if you find that the taters and carrots are already cooked when you turn the roast over just remove them to a large bowl --- due to the higher salt content from the dry gravy mix and onion soup mix I would suggest to add in salt towards the end of cooking time --- remember to reduce the heat to low setting for the last 4 hours of cooking time --- cooking times are for a 4-pound roast anything less with require a shorter cooking time.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (will reduce oven temperature later).
- Make small slits all over the roast then insert a garlic clove in each slit (make as many slits and use as many cloves as desired).
- Season the roast with black pepper.
- Grease a roasting pan.
- Layer the sliced onions (if using) and garlic into the bottom of the pan, then place the roast on top.
- In a medium bowl combine the brown gravy mix with water mixing into a smooth paste, then add in the onion soup mix, mushroom soup, minced garlic, cola beverage and Worcestershire sauce; mix well to combine.
- Pour the cola mixture over the roast.
- Cover and cook at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour.
- Uncover and place the carrots and potatoes around the roast.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees F and continue cooking covered for another 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and turn the roast over, place back in oven for another 1-2 hours or until roast is tender (could take longer than 2 hours, as you are cooking at a low temperature).
- Let the roast stand for 20 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 880.8, Fat 47.3, SaturatedFat 18.6, Cholesterol 156.8, Sodium 863, Carbohydrate 63.9, Fiber 7.6, Sugar 8.8, Protein 49.1
EASY DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF
- Put Roast Beef into Slow Cooker.
- Cover with Soup Mix.
- Sprinkle with the Black Pepper.
- Top with the three Bay Leaves.
- Cook on Med-Low in a Slow Cooker for 8-9 hours-- OR 3-4 hours on High.
- OPTION: Add Carrots, Onions, and Potatoes the last couple of hours if on Med-Low or the last hour if on high-- NOTE**add the veggies in the order given since the Carrots take longer to cook and the potatoes the least time.
- Make gravy from drippings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599, Fat 44.7, SaturatedFat 18, Cholesterol 156.8, Sodium 656, Carbohydrate 4.2, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 1.3, Protein 42.2
With the aid of a digital thermometer and plenty of hands-off time, this recipe makes the best of an inexpensive beef roast, which really shines when thinly sliced and reused in flavor-packed dishes over the next week. Though the recipe suggests a 2- to 3-pound roast, it will work for one of any size. (Just be aware that the timing will change accordingly.) As the beef rests in the fridge, it will initially darken in color and may later turn brown or gray; this is due to the oxidation of muscle pigments and is expected. Once you start cooking, always rely on your thermometer, not your timer. To test for doneness without a thermometer, insert a thin metal skewer all the way through the meat and hold it there for 10 seconds. Rapidly remove the skewer and touch it to the skin under your lower lip. It will feel like a hot bath water at rare.
Provided by J. Kenji López Alt
Yield 1 (2- to 3-pound) roast
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Pat roast dry with paper towels. Rub generously with salt (at least 1/4 cup) and pepper on all sides. Shake the roast gently, allowing any excess salt and pepper to fall off.
- Place a wire rack in a small rimmed baking sheet or lay 5 to 6 metal skewers across a large plate or baking sheet. Place roast on top of rack or skewers, making sure it is fully elevated above the bottom of the baking sheet. Place elevated roast on the bottom rack of your refrigerator, uncovered (or loosely covered with foil, if you are squeamish about raw meat), and let rest undisturbed for at least 24 hours and up to 48 hours.
- Transfer baking sheet with elevated roast directly from the refrigerator into a cold oven and set oven temperature to 225 degrees. Cook until the center of the roast reaches 120 degrees for rare, or 130 degrees for medium, as tested with a digital thermometer. Depending on the oven and the exact geometry of the roast, this will take 1 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove baking sheet with roast from oven and set on a trivet or on top of your stovetop. Let the roast rest on the baking sheet for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet (any heavy skillet without a nonstick coating will do) over high until lightly smoking. Sear roast, turning occasionally, until well browned on all sides, about 4 minutes total.
- Carve into thin slices with a sharp knife and serve what you'll eat today. When finished, carve remaining roast. Carefully lay fanned slices into zipper-lock freezer bags in layers no thicker than 1/2 inch. Squeeze out as much air as possible and stack sealed bags on an aluminum baking sheet. Place in freezer until completely frozen. Store frozen for up to 2 months.
- To thaw, place one bag of frozen sliced steak on an aluminum baking sheet at room temperature until defrosted, about 45 minutes. It is important to use an aluminum sheet, as the high thermal conductivity of aluminum greatly speeds up the thawing process. Use thawed sliced steak as desired.
SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF
- Pour soy sauce and dry onion soup mix into the slow cooker; mix well. Place chuck roast into the slow cooker. Add water until the top 1/2 inch of the roast is not covered. Sprinkle ground pepper on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 22 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 554.8 calories, Carbohydrate 4.4 g, Cholesterol 161 mg, Fat 40.8 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 40.4 g, SaturatedFat 16.4 g, Sodium 1368.6 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
BEST EVER SLOW COOKER ITALIAN BEEF ROAST
- Place beef chuck roast into a slow cooker and scatter onion quarters around the meat. Pour the beef broth over the meat and sprinkle the au jus mix, Italian salad dressing mix, salt, and black pepper over the roast.
- Cover cooker, set on Low, and cook until meat is very tender, 6 to 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.7 calories, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 77.5 mg, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 20.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 1108.8 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF IN ITS OWN GRAVY
This is my go-to recipe for pot roast on a busy weekday. It uses inexpensive cuts of meat, made posh by the slow cooker. After years of tweaking others' recipes, I think I found a good mix of high-quality pot roast while still being very quick and easy.
Provided by Heather Dunn
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Arrange potatoes, carrots, and onion around the edges of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Whisk celery soup and beef stew seasoning mix together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat; cook roast until browned and seared, about 3 minutes per side. Sprinkle onion soup mix over entire roast and place roast in the center of the slow cooker, surrounding it with the vegetable mixture. Spread celery soup mixture over roast.
- Cook on Low, 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast from the slow cooker and place on cutting board; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Strain remaining liquid in the slow cooker into a bowl and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Slice roast and serve alongside vegetables and gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 331.7 calories, Carbohydrate 20.9 g, Cholesterol 72.3 mg, Fat 18.3 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 19.9 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 982.8 mg, Sugar 4 g
SLOW COOKER BEEF POT ROAST
- Generously season both sides of roast with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over the top until well coated, and pat it into the meat. Shake off any excess.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sear the roast on both sides for 5-6 minutes each, until well browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in mushrooms and butter; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in onion; cook for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and begin to brown. Add garlic, stir for about a minute.
- Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons flour; cook and stir for about 1 minute. Add tomato paste, and cook for another minute.
- Slowly add chicken stock, stir to combine, and return to a simmer. Remove skillet from the heat.
- Place carrots and celery in the slow cooker. Place roast over the vegetables and pour in any accumulated juices. Add rosemary and thyme.
- Pour onion and mushroom mixture over the top of the roast. Cover slow cooker, turn to high and cook the roast for 5-6 hours, until the meat is fork tender.
- Skim off any fat from the surface and remove the bones. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 777.9 calories, Carbohydrate 7.6 g, Cholesterol 198.5 mg, Fat 57.3 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 54.6 g, SaturatedFat 22.5 g, Sodium 602.5 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
SLOW COOKER BEEF CHUCK ROAST
This fork-tender roast is fairly quick for a slow cooker recipe, and is perfect for a busy weekend afternoon.-Linnea Rein of Topeka, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Mix first 10 ingredients. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with sauce mixture. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 5-6 hours., Remove roast from slow cooker; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a saucepan; skim fat. Mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338 calories, Fat 18g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 118mg cholesterol, Sodium 458mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 36g protein.
ULTIMATE ROAST BEEF - SLOW COOKER RECIPE
A flavorful, fall apart roast. Also the stock makes wonderful gravy just thicken with cornstarch. Great as left overs; shredded beef fajitas, tacos, enchiladas, beef salad, beef stews, BBQ shredded beef sandwiches and more.
Provided by Brandy Brinton
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Add slow-cooker liner for easy clean up. Peel and chop vegetables into large chunks.
- Add 1/2 of the Onion soup mix and 1/2 of the Au Jus mix to slow cooker.
- Add oil into frying pan, turn on high heat. Brown roast on all sides. Add to slow cooker.
- Add vegetables to slow-cooker, add remaining Au Jus and Onion Soup Mix. Pour beef stock over roast & vegetables.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, turning half way through. Roast is done when meat falls apart.
ERICA'S DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER BEEF ROAST
I love to make this very easy roast. It makes its own gravy and is oh, so tender and juicy! Best if served with mashed potatoes and green beans. Any cut of roast should work fine.
Provided by Erica
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the roast in the oil for 15 minutes, or until all sides are well browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Place the onion, carrots, garlic and parsley in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the roast on top of the vegetables and pour the soup over the roast and the vegetables.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, stirring once.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter and place the vegetables around it. Pour the roast gravy from the slow cooker into a gravy boat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 576.8 calories, Carbohydrate 12.1 g, Cholesterol 145.2 mg, Fat 36.2 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 47.9 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 650.4 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
SLOW COOKED BEEF ROAST
This easy one pot roast makes it's own gravy and is absolutely delicious. If the gravy is a little thinner than you like just add a spoonful of flour to thicken it before serving.
Provided by SueVM
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Coat roast in the flour, in a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the roast in the oil for 15 minutes, or until all sides are well browned. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the onion, carrots, potatoes and parsley in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the roast on top of the vegetables and pour the soup and Worcestershire sauce over the roast and veggies.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast to a serving platter and cut into slices, place the veggies around it.
- Pour gravy into a saucepan, (adding the extra flour if needed) and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve gravy in a boat and pour over the plated sliced roast and veggies.
BEST SLOW-COOKER BEEF ROAST
Oh y'all this beef roast is incredible & so easy to cook. If you choose to do this is in the crockpot just be sure to cook on high for 4 hours on high .
Provided by Parkers Mom
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Wash and rinse your meat (then towel dry) stab it all over with a very sharp knife & rub or sprinkle all of the seasonings onto the roast .
- Sauté minced garlic in the oil .
- Add the onions & sauté until light golden brown & then remove them with a slotted spoon or tongs and set to the side.
- Brown the seasoned roast on all sides (may need to add a little more olive oil).
- If using a roasting pan line it with foil and also generously spray the foil.
- Place the fried roast in the baking pan with the remaining grease (add a cup of water around it .
- Bake Roast at 400 for 45 minutes (covered).
- Add potatoes & carrots on the sides of the roast .
- Pour the can of beef broth & French soup over everything .
- Now add the sautéed onions & garlic on top of the roast.
- Sprinkle a little bit of the seasonings you rubbed into the roast over the entire dish .
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes.
- Mix 2 Tablespoons of flour with 1/4th cup of water & pour it over everything in the dish . This is going to be the yummy gravy .
- Bake covered for another 45-55 minutes or until the veggies are tender .
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416, Fat 12.8, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 108.6, Sodium 677.7, Carbohydrate 35.7, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 3.8, Protein 41.4
SLOW-COOKER BEEF POT ROAST
Get this beef brisket in the slow cooker first thing in the morning, so that come evening-time your Sunday dinner is an absolute breeze. Perfect for busy family weekends
Provided by Miriam Nice
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat 2 tbsp sunflower oil in a large pan. Dust 1½ kg rolled beef brisket with 2 tbsp plain flour and season well with salt and pepper.
- Put 3 chopped carrots, 3 chopped celery sticks, 2 chopped parsnips, 1 chopped onion and 80g button mushrooms in the bottom of your slow cooker and turn it to Low.
- Sear the beef all over in the hot pan then place it on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Add the 2 bay leaves, 2 crushed garlic cloves and 2 tsp English mustard then pour over 500ml red wine and 250ml beef stock. Cover with the lid and cook for 7 hours.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Carefully take the beef out of the slow cooker and place it on a baking tray then roast it in the oven for 20 mins.
- While the beef is in the oven, carefully ladle the cooking liquid out of the slow cooker into a shallow pan. Boil rapidly on a high heat to reduce to a rich gravy.
- Serve the beef sliced with roast potatoes, the softened vegetables, gravy and wilted greens, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470 calories, Fat 25 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 36 grams protein, Sodium 0.42 milligram of sodium
More about "slow cooked roast beef recipes"
7 SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF (SLICEABLE!) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SLOW COOK BEEF POT ROAST RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
EASY CROCKPOT ROAST BEEF RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER BEEF …
SLOW COOKER BEEF ROAST - CREME DE LA CRUMB
SLOW ROAST BEEF RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
19 DELICIOUS LEFTOVER ROAST BEEF RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
SLOW ROASTED MOUTHWATERING TENDER ROAST BEEF | UMAMI
16 SLOW COOKER POT ROAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LOW'N SLOW METHOD FOR ROAST BEEF - NANA'S BEST RECIPES
TENDER POT ROAST - CAFE DELITES
10 BEST SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF WITH RED WINE RECIPES - YUMMLY
85 OF OUR BEST SLOW COOKER BEEF RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
QUICK + EASY SLOW-COOKER BEEF ROAST RECIPES - PILLSBURY.COM
SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF
SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
SLOW-COOKER ROAST BEEF RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BEST SLOW COOKER BEEF OUTSIDE ROUND ROAST
PERFECT ROAST BEEF RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CHRISTMAS RECIPES
SLOW ROASTED BEEF - HOW TO COOK MEAT
EASY SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF RECIPE - BOWL ME OVER
SLOW COOKER BEEF ROAST RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
POT ROAST | RECIPETIN EATS
10 BEST BEEF BLADE ROAST SLOW COOKER RECIPES - YUMMLY
SLOW-ROASTED OVEN RECIPE FOR PERFECT ROAST BEEF - DELISHABLY
You'll also love