CROCK POT HAM AND BEANS
This is cheap eating at it's best. Really good for scraping by at the end of the month if your cash gets low. Goes best with freshly baked corn muffins drizzled with honey.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sort beans and soak in enough water to cover overnight.
- Or you may sort them and place in a saucepan with 2-inches of water to cover.
- Bring them to a boil, boil for 3 minutes, then cover and remove from heat.
- Allow to sit for one hour after boiling (don't lift the lid).
- Whichever method you use, rinse and drain the beans before placing them in the crock pot.
- Put the rinsed beans, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, parsley, cloves, ham (chopped into large chunks) or ham hocks into the crock pot along with 6 cups water or broth.
- Cover crock, and cook on low for about 8 hours, or until beans are tender and creamy.
- Skim any excess fat, if necessary, before serving.
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS
This recipe is perfect for those blustery days when you don't really have time to cook, but want a hearty meal for the family. It's a very basic, nutrient-packed meal for all to enjoy!
Provided by Jessica Kimble
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the beans, ham, brown sugar, onion powder, parsley, garlic salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a slow cooker. Pour enough water into the slow cooker to cover the mixture by about 2 inches. Set slow cooker to Low; simmer 12 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.4 calories, Carbohydrate 49.8 g, Cholesterol 15.9 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 11.6 g, Protein 17.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 492.5 mg, Sugar 14.9 g
SLOW-COOKED HAM AND BEANS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings (with leftovers)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes and paprika in a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker. Add the ham, beans, bay leaf and thyme. Pour in 4 cups water; cover and cook on low, undisturbed, 8 hours.
- Pour the tomatoes into a bowl and crush them with your hands. Add the tomatoes and their juices, the scallions and garlic to the slow cooker. Cover and cook 30 more minutes.
- Remove the ham from the slow cooker and transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly before slicing. Set aside about one-third of the ham and 3 cups of the stewed bean mixture to make Ham Jambalaya. Serve the remaining ham with the bean mixture.
- Turn leftovers into Ham Jambalaya
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS
- Rinse the beans and remove all the pebbles.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.7, Fat 1.5, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 12.1, Sodium 746.1, Carbohydrate 7, Fiber 2.2, Protein 7.8
SLOW COOKER BAKED BEANS WITH HAM HOCK
- In a large pot over high heat, combine the beans with water to cover and bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat but let sit for 1 hour. Drain beans and place them in a slow cooker. Add the ham hocks, onion, brown sugar, maple syrup, salt and water.
- Mix well, cover and cook on high setting for 4 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally. During the final hour of cooking, add the ketchup and mustard, remove the ham from the hocks and discard the hocks. Mix well and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.6 calories, Carbohydrate 53.6 g, Cholesterol 25.7 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 8.4 g, Protein 19.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 367.6 mg, Sugar 19.8 g
More about "slow cooker ham and beans recipes"
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
Ratings 75Calories 200 per servingCategory Soup
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans in cold water and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the ham, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, pepper and chicken broth, stir. Wait to add the ham flavor packet.
- When the cooking time is done, add the ham flavor packet and stir. Add salt to taste. Serve and enjoy!
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEAN SOUP - SIMPLY MADE RECIPES
HAM AND BEANS CROCK POT PIONEER WOMAN - VIEW RECIPE ...
SLOW COOKER COTTAGE HAM WITH GREEN BEANS AND POTATOES ...
SLOW-COOKED BEANS AND SMOKED HAMHOCKS | I HEART RECIPES
SLOW-COOKER HEAVENLY HAM AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CROCK POT HAM AND BEAN SOUP - PLATED CRAVINGS
CROCKPOT HAM AND BEANS (NO SOAK) - BEANRECIPES.COM
CROCK-POT HAM AND BEANS - CROCK-POT LADIES
CLASSIC OLD FASHIONED HAM AND BEANS IN THE SLOW COOKER
SLOW COOKER WHITE BEANS & HAM
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS EASY RECIPE - ARTFUL …
SLOW COOKER BAKED BEANS GRANDMA - THERESCIPES.INFO
SLOW COOKER CAJUN HAM & BEANS | HURST BEANS
HAM & BEANS SLOW COOKER RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
CROCKPOT HAM AND BEAN SOUP - MOM ON TIMEOUT
BEANS AND HAM SLOW COOKER - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS | HURST BEANS
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS - THEBRILLIANTKITCHEN.COM
SLOW COOKER HAM & BEAN SOUP | EASY SLOW COOKER SOUP RECIPE
10 BEST HAM AND CANNED BEANS IN CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS RECIPE (WITH NO-SOAK OPTION ...
DELICIOUS RECIPE FOR SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS - JETT'S ...
WHITE BEANS AND HAM (SLOW COOKER RECIPE) - LITTLE SPOON FARM
10 BEST BEANS AND HAM HOCKS SLOW COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER SOUP BEANS AND HAM (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY …
SLOW COOKER HAM & WHITE BEANS - PLAIN CHICKEN
SLOW COOKER HAM BONE AND BEANS RECIPE - CULLY'S KITCHEN
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEAN SOUP | HEALTHY CROCKPOT RECIPE
WHITE BEANS AND HAM - SLOW COOKER - SOUTHERN BYTES
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE | WHOLEFULLY
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEAN SOUP - AVERIE COOKS
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS RECIPE - FEMINOLOGIE.COM
HAM-AND-BEAN SOUP RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEAN SOUP FINALLY REVEALED - YOUTUBE
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEAN SOUP RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CROCK POT HAM AND BEANS - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
SOUTHERN STYLE WHITE BEANS AND HAM - JEN AROUND THE WORLD
SLOW COOKER BAKED BEANS WITH HAM — BUNS IN MY OVEN
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS WITH HAM HOCKS RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
SLOW COOKER HAM AND BEANS RECIPE - MENUPLANS.COM MAKING ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a ham and bean soup in a slow cooker?Add meaty ham bone, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, thyme, chicken broth and 2 cups water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high heat until beans are tender, about 5 1/2 – 6 hours. Remove ham and shred. Add ham to slow cooker along with 1 cup water and parsley, stir. Serve warm. Can I Freeze Ham and Bean Soup?
How long to cook beans in a crock pot on low?Add the beans, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, bay leaf and ham hock to the slow cooker. Fill the slow cooker with water until just barely covering the beans. Cover and slow cook for 5 ½ -6½ hours on high, or 7 ½ -8½ hours on low until beans have softened and begin to fall apart.
How do you cook pinto beans in a slow cooker?Remove pot from heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse before using. Transfer pinto beans to a slow cooker. Add ham bone, red onion, minced garlic, and ham base. Pour in remaining 6 cups of water, or enough to cover the beans. Cool on Low until beans are tender, about 8 hours.
How do you cook ham hock in a slow cooker?Soak your beans overnight in water. Add the beans, onion, celery, garlic, carrots, seasoning, and ham hock to the crock of your slow cooker. Cover with water. Cook for around 8 hours on low.