SIMPLE SLOW COOKER IRISH STEW
I received this recipe when I was in the third grade. Our teacher made this for us in class on St. Patrick's Day, and I've made this very simple, hearty meal every year in March since then.
Provided by RainbowJewels
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil. Cook stew meat until browned on all side, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer browned meat to the insert of a slow cooker. Add potatoes, onion, water, bouillon cubes, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on Low power for 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393.6 calories, Carbohydrate 33.2 g, Cholesterol 62.6 mg, Fat 19 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 22.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 292.6 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
SLOW-COOKER IRISH STOUT BEEF STEW
During the colder months, we can't get enough soup, stew and chili, but truth be told-sometimes we need a break from our old favorites. That's why this recipe is such a welcome addition. It makes for a hearty bowl with fall-apart-tender chunks of beef in a luscious, rich broth, but that's not all that's going on here. Caramelized onions add a sweetness that's well balanced by the slightly bitter (think coffee-flavored) taste of the Guinness®. The preparation of the beef-it's dredged in flour and browned before being added to the slow cooker crock-helps thicken the stew and adds all sorts of deeply savory flavor. So when you want something comforting and crowd-friendly-but also feel like you've been eating the same thing for months-turn to this sensational stew for something new.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix onions, melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper in slow cooker. Add 1 cup of the broth. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until onions are very tender and browned.
- In large bowl, mix flour, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add beef; toss to coat. Discard any excess flour. In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook half of beef 5 to 7 minutes or until browned on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker; repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining half of beef.
- Add remaining 1 cup broth to skillet; heat to boiling over medium-high heat, scraping up any browned bits on bottom of skillet. Add to slow cooker.
- Add Guinness®, potatoes, carrots and thyme to slow cooker; stir. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 4 g, Protein 35 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize About 1 1/3 Cups, Sodium 630 mg, Sugar 7 g, TransFat 1 g
IRISH BEEF STEW
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss beef cubes with flour to coat, then fry in the hot oil until browned. Place the carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic in a large slow cooker. Place the meat on top of the vegetables. Mix together the beef broth and tomato paste and pour into the slow cooker along with the beer.
- Cover and cook on High for 6 hours or Low for 8 hours. During the last hour before serving, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water and then stir into the broth. Simmer on the High setting for a few minutes to thicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 597 calories, Carbohydrate 62.5 g, Cholesterol 81.6 mg, Fat 26.8 g, Fiber 8.9 g, Protein 27.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 497.8 mg, Sugar 8 g
IRISH BEEF STEW
Rich and hearty, this stew is my husband's favorite. The beef is incredibly tender. Served with crusty bread, it's an ideal cool-weather meal and perfect for any Irish holiday. -Carrie Karleen, St. Nicolas, Quebec
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a stockpot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. In a large shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. Brown beef in the bacon drippings. Remove and set aside., In the same pot, saute the mushrooms, leeks, carrots and celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato paste until blended. Add the broth, beer, bay leaves, thyme, parsley and rosemary. Return beef and bacon to pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 2 hours., Add potatoes. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour longer. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add peas; heat through. Discard bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 441mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW
The most comforting and delicious variation of Irish stew you'll ever try.
Provided by Jill Brune Lash
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Coat beef thoroughly with flour.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add beef and cook until browned on all sides, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer beef to a slow cooker and add potatoes, carrots, onion, diced tomatoes, coffee, soup mix, bouillon cubes, soy sauce, and mustard.
- Cook on Low until beef and vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.6 calories, Carbohydrate 24.9 g, Cholesterol 62.6 mg, Fat 19 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 21.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 778 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
IRISH STOUT BEEF STEW
This is a twist on an Irish stew recipe. I added some additional seasonings as the other recipes I've tried ended up being too bland. Serve with Irish soda bread.
Provided by jdave1084
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place potatoes, onion, garlic, green beans, and tomato paste in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with stew seasoning and pour beef broth over top. Mix in stew seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place flour on a plate and add seasoned salt. Coat stew meat in the flour mixture then brown in the hot skillet, 5 to 7 minutes per batch. Add browned meat directly to the slow cooker.
- Add stout beer to the slow cooker and water, if necessary, to bring the liquid even with the ingredients so nothing dries out.
- Cook on High until meat is tender and potatoes are soft, about 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.7 calories, Carbohydrate 48.3 g, Cholesterol 62.6 mg, Fat 19.2 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 25.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 1196.2 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
More about "slow cooker irish beef stew recipes"
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE - SAVORY NOTHINGS
4.9/5 (14)Calories 310 per servingCategory Main Course
- Brown meat: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown; remove and add to 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Sauté onions: Add onions to hot skillet and sauté over medium heat until softened. Pour in about 1/2 cup of the beef broth, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pan (see notes for using dark beer in this step). Take off the heat and carefully pour into slow cooker over meat.
- Cook stew: Place potatoes, carrots and celery in slow cooker. Whisk together broth, Worcestershire sauce and flour in a measuring jug. Pour over meat and vegetables in slow cooker, then carefully stir. Tuck in herbs, close lid and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Thicken: Open slow cooker and carefully stir. Pour in cornstarch slurry, stirring to combine well. Simmer WITHOUT the lid for 15-30 minuets on HIGH, until thickened.
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW - FOX AND BRIAR
5/5 (4)Category Dinner, Main CourseCuisine American, IrishCalories 536 per serving
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Brown beef on all sides, working in batches if necessary to avoid over crowding pan. Remove beef from pan and transfer to slow cooker.
- Return pan to heat, add another tablespoon of oil. Add the onions, season with salt and sauté until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Reduce heat as needed to avoid burning the onions.
- When onions are golden, add the tomato paste and garlic, stir until combined and a "fond" (the brown bits) is starting to develop on the bottom of the pot.
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE | COOK SMARTS
Estimated Reading Time 4 minsTotal Time 6 hrs 40 mins
10 BEST CROCK POT IRISH STEW RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCK POT IRISH BEEF STEW - THE BEST IRISH BEEF STEW SLOW ...
SLOW COOKED IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE - 5 DINNERS IN 1 HOUR
IRISH BEEF STEW - DAMN DELICIOUS
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE - MY HEAVENLY RECIPES
SLOW-COOKER IRISH STEW: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
CROCK POT BEEF STEW (IRISH BEEF STEW) | FAVORITE FAMILY ...
IRISH SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW | ROAST BEEF AND CABBAGE STEW
IRISH BEEF STEW - SLOW COOKER RECIPE - PENNY'S RECIPES
IRISH STEW SLOW COOKER RECIPE | YOUR HOMEBASED MOM
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW | MYFITNESSPAL
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW - SLIMMING WORLD RECIPES ...
BEST THIS SLOW COOKER IRISH STEW RECIPE IS A CLASSIC ...
SLOW COOKER GUINNESS IRISH BEEF STEW - THE HAPPIER HOMEMAKER
CHEFNG'S RECIPES: SLOW-COOKER IRISH STEW
TRADITIONAL SLOW COOKER IRISH LAMB STEW RECIPE
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE - EYES CLOSED COOKING
SLOW COOKER IRISH STEW RECIPE, PERFECT FOR COZY, CHILLY NIGHTS
IRISH BEEF STEW WITH GUINNESS RECIPE - SLOW COOKER OR ...
IRISH STEW (SLOW COOKER) - SEEKING GOOD EATS
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
IRISH BEEF STEW SLOW COOKER RECIPE | SCRAPPY GEEK
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE - RECIPES-GALORE.COM
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW - EVERYDAY FAMILY EATS
THE 21 BEST IDEAS FOR IRISH BEEF STEW SLOW COOKER - HOME ...
IRISH STEW WITH PEARL BARLEY
CROCKPOT IRISH BEEF STEW | IRISH BEEF STEW SLOW COOKER ...
SLOW-COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW | COOK SMARTS
SLOW COOKER IRISH STEW - SLOW COOKER GOURMET
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW | THE ADVENTURE BITE
SLOW-COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE | KITCHEN EXPLORERS ...
CROCK POT GUINNESS IRISH STEW RECIPE - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW - THE LEMON BOWL®
SLOW COOKER GUINNESS BEEF STEW - ABERDEEN'S KITCHEN
SLOW-COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
SLIMMING WORLD SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW - REGADSTAR.COM
IRISH BEEF STEW (SLOW COOKER) RECIPE - THE LITTLE KITCHEN
CABBAGE IN BEEF STEW : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW - ORGANIZED ISLAND
Stew Recipes : Irish Beef Stew Slow Cooker Recipe18K views-01:26
Slow Cooker Irish Guinness Beef Stew Recipe10K views-04:12
Irish Beef Stew in Slow Cooker Recipe with my NewAir Beer Fridge | Cait Straight Up3.3K views-02:56
Guinness Beef Stew Recipe | Easy Slow Cooker Recipe!7K views-07:22
Easy Slow Cooker Irish Stew9.2K views-02:36
Guinness and Corned Beef Irish Stew624 views-12:57
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook beef stew in a slow cooker?While beef is browning, add potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onion, garlic and tomato paste to the slow cooker. Stir to coat. Add browned beef, beef broth, and Guinness to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 hours on high, 8-10 hours on low. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with a pint of Guinness.
What is a crock pot Irish beef stew?Crock Pot Irish Beef Stew is a delicious twist on classic stew with a tangy broth loaded with savory meat and tender vegetables. The slow cooker does all of the work making dinner a breeze. This is such a simple stew recipe but the flavor is just really something special.
Can You slow cook Irish beef stew with Guinness?I just love the flavor the Guinness stout adds to this slow cooker Irish beef stew recipe. The flavor profile is so deep and rich, which makes for one hearty, easy, and delicious dish! Doesn’t it make you want to gather around a table and enjoy some food with your loved ones? The best part is this recipe has very little prep or cleanup.
How to cook lamb stew in a slow cooker?When the slow cooker is warmed, add the lamb and the onion, garlic and broth mixture—you want every bit of flavor from the skillet going into the slow cooker. Then stir in the potatoes, carrots, seasonings, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth. Let the stew cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.