CREAMY AND LIGHT MASHED SWEET POTATOES
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are very tender, about 45 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let them stand to release any excess water, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, cream, butter, sugar, lemon zest, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Mash until the mixture is light and smooth. Serve with a pat of butter.
LIGHT MASHED POTATOES
Fat-free half-and-half gives these potatoes the same silky texture you'd get with heavy cream but without the fat and cholesterol. Recipe is from Good Housekeeping.
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Yield 4 1/2 cups, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In 4-quart saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover; heat to boiling on high.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water; drain potatoes.
- Return potatoes to saucepan.
- Mash with margarine and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Gradually add warm half-and-half, continuing to mash potatoes until smooth and well blended; add reserved cooking water if necessary.
- Transfer to serving dish.
SILKY SMOOTH MASHED POTATOES
Perfect for any day of the week or with Thanksgiving dinner. Reheat leftovers on the stove with a splash of milk. My boyfriend said the onion powder gives these potatoes their great taste.
Provided by KeLynn
Categories Low Protein
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Boil potatoes in large pot of water until tender.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add cubed cream cheese and one stick of butter.
- Using a hand mixer blend until combined.
- Add milk, 1/2 stick butter, onion powder, and salt and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add more salt and/or onion powder to taste.
- Let cook over low heat for about 15 - 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese.
LIGHT AND SILKY MASHED POTATOES
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes. Transfer to a 3-quart heavy saucepan and add 5 cups cold water and 1 teaspoon salt, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander, then return to pan and cook over moderate heat, shaking pan occasionally, until dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a bowl and keep hot, covered. Heat milk, butter, white pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in saucepan over moderate heat until butter is melted.
- Force potatoes through food mill or ricer into hot milk mixture in pan and gently stir with a large heatproof rubber spatula just until combined.
SMOOTH AND LIGHT MASHED POTATOES
- Place the potatoes in a large pot. Cover with at least two inches of cold water. Bring potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat until the potatoes simmer gently. Simmer until very tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes well. Thoroughly mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Or, if desired, transfer potatoes to the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and use that machine to mash them. Now vigorously mix in the milk and butter until potatoes are light and smooth. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper Note: Warm the milk and melted butter in the microwave and then add to potatoes.
More about "smooth and light mashed potatoes recipes"
FLUFFY MASHED POTATOES | EASY HOMEMADE MASHED POTATOES RECIPE
2019-07-15 · This recipe of mashed potatoes yields comforting, smooth and fluffy mashed potatoes that you would like to make again and again. Basic Mashed Potatoes Recipe . A basic mashed potato recipe is just made with potatoes, milk, butter, salt and pepper. The potatoes are cooked till tender. The cooked potatoes are then strained and mashed. Warm milk, butter, salt and pepper are added to the mashed ...
- Rinse 500 grams of potatoes in water first using a colander. Brush off the mud if any. Drain the water and then peel the potatoes.
- In the same pan in which the potatoes were cooked, add ½ cup + 2 tablespoons milk, 2 tablespoons butter and ½ teaspoon finely chopped or minced garlic
- Remove the pan from the stove top and place on your kitchen countertop. Begin to mash the potatoes with a potato masher or vegetable masher. Note that the masher should have ricer like holes in it as this mimics the ricer while mashing. You can even use potato ricer if you have it instead of the masher.
SILKY-SMOOTH MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
2017-10-01 · Return potatoes to pan; place over medium-low. Cook 5 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally (do not brown). Place potatoes in a food …
See details »
RECIPE: LIGHT & FLUFFY MASHED POTATOES
2012-11-09 · After your potatoes have cooked, drain them and place them in your mixer bowl with the flat beater. Turn the mixer on low and mix for 1 minute or until the potatoes are relatively smooth…
MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
2000-11-15 · 1. Cook potatoes by either boiling or steaming: 2. To boil, in heavy saucepan with tight-fitting lid, cook potatoes in about 1 inch boiling, salted water until fork-tender. If whole, cook 30 to 40 ...
- To boil, in heavy saucepan with tight-fitting lid, cook potatoes in about 1 inch boiling, salted water until fork-tender. If whole, cook 30 to 40 minutes; if cut up, 20 to 25 minutes. If lid doesnt fit tightly, water may boil away. Check occasionally and add more water if necessary.
- To steam, place wire rack on bottom of kettle or large saucepan and add water to just below level of rack. Bring water to boil, add potatoes and cook, tightly covered, until fork-tender. If whole, cook 30 to 45 minutes; if cut up, 20 to 30 minutes. If lid is not tight-fitting, check occasionally to see if water should be added.
- Peel potatoes (this can also be done before cooking). Use potato masher, electric mixer or ricer to mash potatoes.
BEST CREAMY MASHED POTATOES (HOW TO MAKE MASHED POTATOES ...
2021-05-07 · Best Creamy Mashed Potatoes are light, fluffy, and positively delicious! The secret to making the best creamy mashed potatoes is in our 4-ingredients and the way we mash them. Whether you need an extra side for the holiday table, or for a quick weekend dinner, this is the recipe on How to Make The BEST Creamy Mashed Potatoes…
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters or more. Toss the potatoes into a medium-size, or 3-quart pot. Fill with water just enough to be leveled or above the potatoes.
- Toss in 1/2 teaspoon of salt into the water and bring water to a boil. Boil the potatoes for 8 to 10 minutes, or until a fork will go through the potatoes easily.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander. Then return the potatoes back to the pot. Toss in the butter and begin to mash them with a potato masher. Mash them until well mashed.
- Next, pour in the milk. You can warm the milk before adding them into the potatoes, or you can turn on the heat under the potatoes (on lowest heat) and continue to mash until the milk gets completely absorbed by the potatoes.
PERFECTLY SMOOTH MASHED POTATOES | TIPS FOR NO LUMPS ...
Add the potatoes to a large pot, then cover the potatoes with cold water. Add 2 tablespoons of kosher salt to the water then turn the heat on high and bring to a boil. Once the water has come to a boil, turn the heat down to medium and let the potatoes …
- Wash and peel the potatoes, then cut them into fourths. You might have to cut larger potatoes in more pieces, just try and make them roughly the same size.
- Once the water has come to a boil, turn the heat down to medium and let the potatoes simmer until they are fork tender, about 12-15 minutes.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - WEEKEND AT THE COTTAGE
2 teaspoons kosher salt. knob of butter and freshly grated nutmeg for garnish. Takes 30 Minutes , serves 8. Instructions. Prepare the roasted bulb of garlic and gently squeeze the softened cloves into a bowl, then mash with a fork. Set aside. Place cut potatoes …
- Prepare the roasted bulb of garlic and gently squeeze the softened cloves into a bowl, then mash with a fork. Set aside.
- Place cut potatoes into a large pot and cover them with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cooking for about 20 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain.
- Transfer potatoes to a medium-sized bowl and process with a potato ricer or masher. Add butter and milk and stir. Add garlic, sour cream and salt and stir until all of the ingredients are blended and the potatoes are smooth and creamy. Transfer to service bowl and garnish with a knob of butter and grated nutmeg. Serve immediately.
LIGHT & CREAMY MASHED POTATOES - THE WHOLE COOK
2016-11-17 · Peel your potatoes and slice in half. Add potatoes to the boiling water. Boil until you can easily pierce the largest potato with a fork. Drain water from pot. Add 1 cup of your chicken stock. Using an electric beater slowly blend your potatoes …
PERFECT CREAMY MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
2019-11-28 · For this recipe, I am a strong advocate of boiler potatoes, the smaller, light yellow potatoes that are a bit bigger than a fist and smaller than russet potatoes with a thin, smooth skin. -Use a handheld mixer or stand mixer for lightning quick super-smooth mashed potatoes - simply add ingredients and cooked potatoes …
FLUFFY MASHED POTATOES - EVERYDAY RECIPES FOR THE HOME COOK
2019-09-23 · Place the potatoes in a medium pot with cold water. Make sure that the water covers all the potatoes. Bring to a boil on high heat, and then reduce to medium heat. Cook until tender and easily …
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks. It's important that they are all the same size for even cooking. Rinse them through a colander to wash off the starch.
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot with cold water. Make sure that the water covers all the potatoes. Bring to a boil on high heat, and then reduce to medium heat. Cook until tender and easily pierced, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat milk with butter until melted and warm. You can also do this in the microwave oven if you prefer.
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, drain them through a colander. Rinse with hot water for about 30-60 seconds to get rid of the starch.
WORLD’S BEST SMOOTH CREAMY MASHED POTATOES – PHILLY JAY ...
2019-06-24 · 6. Place pot over high heat and boil potatoes for 50 minutes or until they’re very tender. 7. Once potatoes are tender, place them in a colander to strain the water, then clean the pot. 8. Place the same pot over medium heat (5), then add in the butter, milk, cheese, and seasonings, and stir in well. 9.
HOW TO MAKE THE FLUFFIEST, CREAMIEST, SMOOTHEST MASHED ...
2019-12-04 · This isn’t always the best for the technique for creamy, smooth, and fluffy mashed potatoes, though. Instead, try boiling whole potatoes or boil them in large chunks. This reduces the amount of surface area that comes into contact with the water and thus reduces the amount of water the potatoes absorb. The traditional option isn't always the one the pros prefer. Thomas Joseph, our
THE PERFECT MASHED POTATOES | SMOOTH BUTTERY MASHED ...
Here is how to prepare this perfect side dish.Ingredients:Potatoes 360gButter 60gSalt to tastePepper to tasteSpring Onions
See details »
SMOOTH, LIGHT MASHED POTATOES READY TO BE PLATED AND ...
Sep 28, 2012 - Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Canada.com offers information on latest national and international events & more.
See details »
ROASTED GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - FLUFFY, CREAMY, AIRY ...
2021-09-13 · I'd avoid using red-skinned potatoes for your standard smooth mashed potatoes as they are waxier and can become gluey faster than russets or Yukon Golds. However, if you're making more rustic, skin-on "smashed" potatoes, red-skinned would be a good choice. How to make roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Begin by placing 12 cloves of garlic in foil. Wrap it tight, place on a baking tray, …
See details »
MASHED POTATO TIME - VANCOUVERSUN.COM
2012-09-26 · Smooth, light mashed potatoes ready to be plated and topped with gravy. One of the keys to perfect potatoes is to start with a good masher. Darren Stone / Times Colonist
See details »
BEST MASHED POTATOES - TASTYAZ
Some people like to use a potato ricer which makes them really light and fluffy, but you can also use a regular potato masher and work the potatoes until they have the texture you desire. How to store leftovers. The best way to store leftover mashed potatoes is in a tightly sealed container. Because they contain diary and fat and they can easily pick up other flavors from the fridge. To reheat ...
See details »
ULTRA CREAMY MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Directions. Heat the broth and potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving the broth.Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup broth, cream, butter and black pepper. Add additional broth, if needed, until desired consistency ...
See details »
SMOOTH AND LIGHT MASHED POTATOES FROM ERIC AKIS | GLUTEN ...
Sep 26, 2012 - Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Canada.com offers information on latest national and international events & more.
See details »
HEALTHY MASHED POTATOES RECIPE
2021-09-03 · I am going to use a light sour cream with whole milk to make a smooth paste of mashed potatoes. I have used an electric mixer in this recipe, but you can use a potato masher as well. Always choose the right type of potatoes for this recipe, like Yukon Gold or Russets. Boil the potatoes in salted water for a better taste. The boiled potatoes should be super soft and tender. If any piece of the ...
See details »
HEALTHY MASHED POTATO RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
Mashed potatoes are one of the quintessential comfort foods. Smooth, creamy, and warm—few vegetable side dishes can compare to these smashing spuds. First up: Buttermilk-Parmesan Mashed Potatoes. Be sure to purchase a crumbly wedge of Parmigiano-Reggiano for this super quick potato side dish. The salty flavor will give just the right bite to ...
See details »
SMOOTH AND LIGHT MASHED POTATOES- TFRECIPES
SILKY-SMOOTH MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT. From cookinglight.com 2017-08-30 · Place potatoes in a large Dutch oven; cover with cold water by 1 inch. Place pan over medium-high. Bring to a simmer; cook potatoes 17 minutes or until completely tender. Drain well. Return potatoes to pan; place over medium-low. Cook 5 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally ...
See details »
LIGHT MASHED POTATOES - TFRECIPES.COM
Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add the salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes longer. Drain the potatoes and press through a potato ricer into a large bowl. Set aside. Heat the butter, cream, and milk in a small pot over low heat until simmering.
See details »