SOFT CORN TORTILLAS
Fresh, easily made corn tortillas. Received this recipe from my Aunt, Lenore, and it's been VERY popular with my family over the years...
Provided by FabulousMissV
Yield 24 tortillas approximate
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix together your dry ingredients and then the eggs and water together. You may need to add more water to thin out the mix a bit. The batter should be the consistency of slightly thickened crepe batter.
- On a very hot griddle (400 degrees) spoon about 1/3 cup of the batter and form into a circle -- much like you would a crepe. When the tortilla is not shiny in appearance, flip over and allow to cook another minute or so.
- Stack on top of each other and keep warm til serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 62.3, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.2, Cholesterol 15.5, Sodium 105.4, Carbohydrate 11.9, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 0.1, Protein 2
HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLAS
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 12 tortillas
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Cut in the lard. Stir in the water. Mix to incorporate. The dough should be slightly wet. Form the dough into a smooth ball, cover with a towel and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 even pieces. Place a little water on the hands and form the dough into golf ball-size balls. Take 2 pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap from a plastic bag and cut them to the shape of the surface of the tortilla press. Open the tortilla press and lay one piece of waxed paper on the press. Place the masa ball in the center. Place another piece of waxed paper over the masa ball. Gently close the press and press down, until the dough has spread to 6-inches in diameter.
- Heat a cast-iron griddle or a large nonstick skillet on high heat. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, hold a tortilla in your hand, carefully removing the wax paper on each side. Allow the tortilla to rest half on your hand, and half hanging down, and gently lay the tortilla down on to the hot skillet. Start working on pressing the next tortilla. Cook the tortilla on the hot pan for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side. The tortilla should be lightly toasted and little air pockets forming.
- Heat 2-inches of canola oil in a heavy-bottomed medium skillet until it reaches 370 degrees F. Add the tortillas, 1 at a time and fry, turning once with tongs, until crispy, about 30 seconds. Remove to a baking sheet lined with paper towels and lightly season with salt.
RESTAURANT'S CORN TORTILLAS
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and form a dough.
- Take a handful of masa and make tortillas in your tortilla press.
- Cook on a teflon protected skillet or grill on both sides.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65.7, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 1.3, Carbohydrate 13.7, Fiber 0.9, Protein 1.7
This is the real thing! A simple mixture of masa harina and water results in the most wonderful corn tortillas you ever tasted. The secret is to use a cast iron pan! You can buy masa harina at Mexican grocery stores or in the ethnic food aisle of large supermarkets.
Provided by jenn
Number Of Ingredients 2
- In a medium bowl, mix together masa harina and hot water until thoroughly combined. Turn dough onto a clean surface and knead until pliable and smooth. If dough is too sticky, add more masa harina; if it begins to dry out, sprinkle with water. Cover dough tightly with plastic wrap and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet or griddle to medium-high.
- Divide dough into 15 equal-size balls. Using a tortilla press, a rolling pin, or your hands, press each ball of dough flat between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Immediately place tortilla in preheated pan and allow to cook for approximately 30 seconds, or until browned and slightly puffy. Turn tortilla over to brown on second side for approximately 30 seconds more, then transfer to a plate. Repeat process with each ball of dough. Keep tortillas covered with a towel to stay warm and moist until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145.6 calories, Carbohydrate 30.4 g, Fat 1.5 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 3.6 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
ALMOST-FROM-SCRATCH CORN TORTILLAS
Here is a relatively easy project that can deliver what may be the best tortillas you've ever had: Masa harina mixed with water and a little fat, left to rest for a while, then pressed and griddled. The recipe makes 12 to 16, enough for a taco party.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Yield 12 to 16 tortillas
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine the masa and salt in a bowl; stir in the oil. Slowly stream in the water while mixing with your hand or a wooden spoon until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until it is smooth and elastic - just a minute or two. Wrap in plastic, and let it rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to a few hours.
- Break off pieces of the dough (you're shooting for 12 to 16 tortillas total), and lightly flour them. Put them between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and press them in a tortilla press, or roll them out or press them with your hands to a diameter of 4 to 6 inches. Begin to cook the tortillas as you finish pressing or rolling them.
- Put a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Cook the tortillas, 1 or 2 at a time, until brown spots appear on the bottom, about a minute. Flip, and do the same on the other side. Wrap the cooked tortillas in a towel to keep them warm; serve immediately, or cool and store tightly wrapped in the fridge for a few days.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 63, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 10 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 43 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "soft corn tortillas recipes"
10 BEST CORN TORTILLA SOFT TACOS RECIPES | YUMMLY
OUR FAVORITE SOFT CORN TORTILLAS - INSPIRED TASTE
Reviews 1Category BreadAuthor YoyomaUploaded 2021-04-13
HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLAS | FOOD & WINE
SOFT FLOUR-CORN TORTILLAS - FARM BELL RECIPES
HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLAS - PATI JINICH
HOW TO MAKE SOFT CORN TORTILLAS | EASY RECIPE FOR CORN TORTILLAS
HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLAS - WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS - KYLEE COOKS
OLE CORN TORTILLAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPE - SOFT CORN TORTILLAS FROM SCRATCH | COOKINGBITES COOKING …
HOW TO MAKE CORN TORTILLAS (SOFT & FLEXIBLE!) - A SPICY …
RECIPES USING CORN TORTILLAS [7 MUST-TRY DISHES] - UNO CASA
10 BEST CORN TORTILLA SOFT TACOS RECIPES | YUMMLY
41 WAYS TO USE UP A PACKAGE OF CORN TORTILLAS | TASTE OF …
HOW TO MAKE CORN TORTILLAS FROM SCRATCH - RECIPE | KITCHN
14 TASTY WAYS TO USE TORTILLAS | ALLRECIPES
BLUE CORN TORTILLAS RECIPE + VIDEO - MARICRUZ AVALOS KITCHEN BLOG
SOFT CORN TORTILLAS FOR TACOS AND BEYOND - UMAMI GIRL
LOW CARB HOMEMADE SOFT CORN TORTILLA RECIPE - DIXIE DINERS' CLUB
HOW TO SOFTEN YOUR CORN TORTILLAS | FN DISH - FOOD NETWORK
RECIPES WITH SOFT CORN TORTILLAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPES WITH SOFT CORN TORTILLAS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SOFT CORN TORTILLA RECIPE | HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLAS - YUMMY …
CORN TORTILLA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
OUR FAVORITE SOFT FLOUR TORTILLAS - INSPIRED TASTE
HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLAS | MEXICAN PLEASE
HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLAS - GIMME SOME OVEN
HOMEMADE SOFT CORN TORTILLAS RECIPE | EASY TORTILLAS
EASY RECIPES USING CORN TORTILLAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
SOFT CORN TORTILLAS + VIDEO (WITHOUT A TORTILLA PRESS!)
HOW TO SOFTEN CORN TORTILLAS WITHOUT BREAKING - 24BITE® RECIPES
SOFT FLOUR TORTILLA RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE CORN (MASA HARINA) TORTILLAS - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO FRY CORN TORTILLAS FOR TASTY SOFT TACOS
20 RECIPES WITH TORTILLAS - HOW TO MAKE TORTILLAS INTO A MEAL - KITCHN
HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLAS RECIPE ( WITH OR WITHOUT A TORTILLA PRESS)
MAKING SOFT CORN TACO SHELLS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
THIN CORNMEAL TORTILLAS - KING ARTHUR BAKING
HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLAS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CORN TORTILLA RECIPES - SCBOCEANIA.ORG
EASY HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLAS - JUST A TASTE
CORN TORTILLA QUESADILLAS - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
HOW TO MAKE FRESH BLUE CORN TORTILLAS AT HOME | COMPASS & FORK
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #5-ingredients-or-less #flat-shapes #breads #mexican #easy #grains #pasta-rice-and-grains #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make corn tortillas at home?How To Make Corn Tortillas 1 Set Up: Set out a large mixing bowl, a cutting board, a nonstick skillet, and a tortilla press. 2 Mix: Measure the masa, lard, and salt into the mixing bowl. ... 3 Res t: Wrap the corn tortilla dough in plastic and leave it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. ... More items...
Are soft corn tortilla recipes gluten-free?Yes, they are. Since the base of the recipe is cornflour, not wheat four, the recipe is gluten-free. This Soft Corn Tortilla Recipe is also dairy-free, egg-free, and nut-free. Can I Make This Recipe Without A Tortilla Press?
How do you cut corn tortilla dough?Cut: Cut the dough into 16 equal pieces, leaving them under the plastic, so they don’t dry out. One at a time, place a ball of corn tortilla dough in the middle of the press. Press down hard to flatten the tortilla into a paper-thin circle. Cook: Gently peel the corn tortilla off the plastic and move it to the hot dry skillet.
How do you make tortillas without a tortilla press?Use a tortilla press to smoosh the dough balls into tortillas, about a sixteenth-inch thick. If you do not have a tortilla press, use a baking dish to press down each ball into tortillas (Patrick shows this method in his recipe for corn tortillas)