SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPER SAUCE
- Cook pasta in a large pot of generously salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups pasta water; drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add tuna with its oil and garlic and cook, stirring a few times, until garlic is golden in spots, about 5 minutes. Stir in capers and pepper flakes and cook, 30 seconds. Add 1 cup reserved pasta water; bring to a simmer. Add cooked pasta and simmer, tossing a few times, until liquid is reduced to a sauce that coats pasta.
- Remove from heat and toss in lemon zest and juice, oil, and parsley; season with pepper. Add more pasta water, a few tablespoons at a time, until pasta is evenly coated. Serve, sprinkled with more pepper flakes.
SPAGHETTI WITH ITALIAN TUNA & CAPERS
My girlfriend's father gave us some cans of this wonderful, imported Italian tuna. This recipe is my attempt at re-creating HIS recipe for pasta with tuna and red sauce. Lauren's dad would often make this for me when I came to dinner because it had contained no meat. The Italian tuna packed in oil gives this sauce a wonderully "meaty" flavor that I absolutely love. My granny's mother would also make a dish similar to this on on the Fridays of Lent when they could not have meat.
Provided by Kozmic Blues
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and anchovy fillet, and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper and garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add tomato sauce and reduce heat to low.
- Next, add capers and the cans of tuna.
- I like to drain the oil from one of the cans and leave the oil from the second.
- Break up the large pieces of tuna with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for about 7 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain, and toss with tuna red sauce in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with basil or parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 847.2, Fat 19.9, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 55.2, Sodium 1328.1, Carbohydrate 100.4, Fiber 6.9, Sugar 10.2, Protein 64.1
SPAGHETTI, TUNA AND CAPERS
This is a very simple recipe that will have you asking for more. Very healthy too. There are a few variations. This recipe is used in the regions of Naples and Molise in Italy.
Provided by Pietro
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Drain oil from tuna and place in a heavy based frypan.
- Add diced onion and saute until soft and clear.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, boil salted water and cook spaghetti.
- Dice tomatoes and add to pan.
- Stir the mixture over low heat.
- Add salt and peppercorns to taste.
- Add tuna to mixture and stir.
- Drain spaghetti.
- Add capers to mixture.
- Place spaghetti on warm plates.
- Place tuna mixture over top of spaghetti.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with a few basil leaves.
- The secret of success is to work quickly and make sure that the mixture is not overcooked.
- As a variation, olive oil can be substituted with butter.
- Fettucine can be used instead of spaghetti.
PASTA WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, GARLIC, CAPERS, AND OLIVES
- Cook pasta in large pot of rapidly boiling water until al dente or done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Place olive oil and the garlic in a large saute pan and turn heat to medium. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and lightly golden. Add capers, anchovies, olives, and tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes start to break down and become a sauce, about 8 minutes. Toss with cooked pasta. Add parsley and tuna and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS
With a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious meal! My husband came up with this recipe while we are on "stay at home" orders due to the Coronavirus pandemic. It was quick, easy, and delicious!
Provided by Kim's Cooking Now
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Add tuna with oil, capers, and crushed red pepper flakes; heat through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water for 1 minute less than the package instructs, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and mix to combine. Add some of the pasta water and toss lightly until the pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, 1 to 2 more minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 698.4 calories, Carbohydrate 88.5 g, Cholesterol 37.5 mg, Fat 23.6 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 31.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 448.8 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, CAPERS, AND TOMATOES
- Cook spaghetti, reserving 1 1/2 cups pasta water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook onions in olive oil until slightly golden. Add tomatoes and cook until just soft. Add pasta water and pecorino and heat until thick and creamy. Add pasta, capers, and tuna. Cook until sauce coats pasta. Season with lemon zest and juice. Top with panko.
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, CAPERS, AND BASIL
- Gently mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Season tuna-tomato mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
- Cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain; return to pot. Add tuna-tomato mixture and basil. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.
TUNA, CAPER & CHILLI SPAGHETTI
Throw together tuna, capers and rocket with garlic, chilli and spaghetti to make this easy and healthy supper. It takes just 25 minutes to make
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Dinner, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook the spaghetti for 9-11 mins in a large pan of well-salted water until al dente.
- Heat the oil in a wide frying pan over a very low heat, and gently cook the garlic and chilli to infuse the oil. Remove from the heat if the garlic is turning past light golden, as this will make it bitter.
- Drain the pasta, keeping a cupful of the cooking water, and tip the spaghetti into the frying pan. Toss the pasta in the oil over a low heat, adding a little of the pasta water to emulsify into a sauce that coats the pasta, then fold in the capers, parsley, tuna and some seasoning. Don't stir too vigorously - you want to keep larger chunks of tuna. Toss the rocket and lemon juice through the spaghetti, and serve with extra chilli scattered over, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 57 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 23 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
PASTA WITH TUNA, CAPERS AND SCALLIONS
There are about a gazillion ways to cook pasta using other pantry staples - things like garlic, bread crumbs, pecorino, capers, olives and especially, canned fish. This recipe, pasta with tuna, anchovies and capers, showered with lots of green herbs and scallions, is one of my family's household favorites. I like it with a long, thin, twirlable pasta - spaghetti, linguine or bucatini - but you can use whatever pasta you have on hand. Even macaroni works just fine and might even persuade your finicky kid to eat this dish (though, so far, mine abstains).
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, pastas, main course
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a well-salted pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, saving 1 cup pasta water.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium. Add garlic and scallion whites, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add anchovies and capers and cook until anchovies melt and capers and garlic turn golden, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add 1/2 cup pasta water, let it reduce until there is just a little left in the pan, then add pasta and herbs and toss well to coat. Add tuna and toss well.
- Serve with red-pepper flakes on top, more herbs, scallion greens, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing.
More about "spaghetti with tuna and capers recipes"
ADAM LIAW'S PICNIC PASTA WITH TUNA AND CAPERS RECIPE | THE COOK …
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS, IN 15 MINUTES · JUST SAVOR IT
PASTA WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - THEJOURNEYGIRL.COM
PASTA PUTTANESCA RACHAEL RAY RECIPES
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - COOKING WITH NONNA
TUNA PASTA WITH CAPERS AND WHITE WINE SAUCE - URBAN BLISS LIFE
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, TOMATOES, CAPERS AND BASIL RECIPE | BON …
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA & CAPERS BY GENEVIèVE O’GLEMAN| IGA RECIPES
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - COOK'S COUNTRY
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, CAPERS AND LEMON | ALLRECIPES.COOKING
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, TOMATOES AND CAPERS | CANADIAN …
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - MARY BETH CLARK | ITALIAN RECIPES ...
SPAGHETTINI WITH TUNA, LEMON & CAPERS - CHATELAINE
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, CAPERS & LEMON - SAN REMO
PASTA WITH TUNA, LEMON AND CAPERS - CHEF SHEILLA
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SPAGHETTI WITH GREEN OLIVES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RECIPE: SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA CAPER SAUCE | YMCA OF GREATER SEATTLE
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TUNA SPAGHETTI RECIPE WITH CAPERS AND CHILLI - OLIVEMAGAZINE
SPAGHETTI PUTTANESCA (SPAGHETTI WITH CAPERS, OLIVES, AND …
HOME COOKING: CHEF’S PORTALE SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, CAPERS AND …
TUNA PASTA WITH CAPERS AND PARSLEY RECIPE | PORTOFINO
BON APPETIT TUNA PASTA – BD NEWS REPORTER
PASTA WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SICILIAN TUNA PASTA | PASTA RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
PASTA POMODORO WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - ROOTED FOOD
PASTA WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - MEALTHY.COM
PASTA WITH GARLIC, LEMON, CAPERS, AND TUNA RECIPE
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND CAPERS - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA AND ARTICHOKES | RICARDO
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, MINT AND CAPERS FROM THE AEOLIAN ISLANDS
EASY TUNA PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND CAPERS - INSIDE THE RUSTIC …
SPAGHETTI WITH TUNA, CAPERS AND LEMON | CIAO ITALIA
TUNA PASTA SALAD (WITHOUT MAYO) – TOP BREAKING NEWS!
TUNA BACKPACKING RECIPES FOR HEARTY TRAIL LUNCHES
PASTA WITH TUNA, CELERY, LEMON, BASIL AND CAPERS RECIPE - GOOD FOOD
EASY TUNA SPAGHETTI WITH CAPERS AND FRESH TOMATO - RECIPE30
You'll also love