Spam And Vegetable Hash
SPAM AND VEGETABLE HASH
i saw the original recipe for this in the "america's best brand name recipes" cookbook. and i "tweaked" a couple of things in it to more suit my tastes. if desired serve with your favorite biscuit or cornbread recipe.if you don't like spam©, just substitute the same amount of ham or other cooked meat. submitted to "zaar" on september 24, 2007.
Time: 35 minutes
- in a large non stick skillet over medium heat , melt margarine and cook onion until softened
- add potatoes and cook until lightly browned
- then add spam and veggies , sprinkle with garlic powder , salt and pepper
- stir occasionally until meat is slightly browned
- top with cheese if desired , and let set for 5 minutes
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- sweet onion
- frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- frozen peas and carrots
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- sharp cheddar cheese
SPAM© AND VEGETABLE HASH
I saw the original recipe for this in the "America's Best Brand Name Recipes" cookbook. And I "tweaked" a couple of things in it to more suit my tastes. If desired serve with your favorite biscuit or cornbread recipe.If you don't like Spam©, just substitute the same amount of ham or other cooked meat. Submitted to "ZAAR" on September 24, 2007.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Chef shapeweaver
Yield 4 serving(s)
- In a large non stick skillet over medium heat, melt margarine and cook onion until softened.
- Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned.
- Then add spam and veggies, sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally until meat is slightly browned.
- Top with cheese if desired, and let set for 5 minutes.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, diced into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
Make and share this Spam Hash recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by CookinMamaof3
Yield 6 serving(s)
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add all other ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring every few minutes.
- Cook until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve while still hot.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 12 ounces Spam, cubed
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- canola oil, for frying
POOR MAN'S HASH
The only memories I have about this recipe is that everyone who has ever eaten it thinks it's great! The recipe is over 75 years old, and I learned it from my mother. -Dorothy Broyles, Peterstown, West Virginia
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until browned and potatoes are tender.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 5 ounces SPAM, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
VEGETABLE HASH WITH POACHED EGG
This is a clean-out-the-refrigerator sort of hash. I used red onion, red pepper, carrot, celery, kohlrabi and parsnip, all lingering in the produce drawer of my refrigerator. I like the texture of the root vegetables, and because they brown in the pan and there's ketchup involved, this dish tastes like traditional hash to me.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves four
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy nonstick skillet. Add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about three minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and a generous pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften, about five minutes.
- Stir in the ground cumin seeds and the paprika, and combine well with the vegetables. Continue to cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the ketchup, and continue to cook, stirring, for another five minutes.
- Press the vegetable mixture down into a flat layer in the pan. Continue to cook on one side for five minutes. A crust should form on the bottom. Stir, then press down again and cook for another five minutes, until a crust forms again. Stir, taste and adjust salt, and add pepper. The vegetables should be thoroughly tender and the mixture nicely browned with a sweet edge. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the hash onto plates, press down in the center, lay a poached egg on top and serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 4 cups finely diced vegetables (I used a mix of red pepper, carrot, celery, kohlrabi and parsnip)
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 poached eggs
WINTER VEGETABLE HASH
I have made this dish for company, and every time they ask for the recipe! I hope everyone else likes it as much as we do!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by rebeccalovestocook
- Place oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and mix in potatoes, mushrooms, pepper, squash, and shallot. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Mix kale and sage into skillet. Continue cooking 5 minutes, until kale is wilted. Serve and enjoy!
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- ½ pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small acorn squash, diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 4 sprigs fresh sage
More recipes about spam and vegetable hash recipes
SPAM® Breakfast Hash | SPAM® Recipes
Recipe From : spam.comAug 13, 2019 · In 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions 3 minutes or until translucent. Add potatoes and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until golden. Stir in SPAM® Classic, red and green and bell peppers and cook until heated through and browned. ...Show details
Spam & Vegetable Hash Recipe - Recipezazz.com
Recipe From : recipezazz.comFeb 04, 2015 · Step 1 In a large non stick skillet over medium heat, melt margarine and cook onion until softened. Step 2 Add potatoes and spam then cook until lightly browned. ...Show details
This One-Skillet Summer Squash and Spam Hash Recipe Is a
Recipe From : myrecipes.comFeb 14, 2018 · Add potatoes and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook potatoes for 5 minutes or until a fork goes through the potatoes easily. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil, corn, and squash. … ...Show details
Spam Hash - Food Lion
Recipe From : foodlion.comNov 10, 2016 · Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, onion, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until the potatoes … ...Show details
Spam Breakfast Hash Recipe | MrBreakfast.com
Recipe From : mrbreakfast.comDice the spam, potatoes and onions. In a large skillet, heat about 1/8 inch of oil over medium high heat. Fry the potatoes until the begin to soften, stir in onions and … ...Show details
28 Slammin' Things To Do With Spam® | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comFeb 14, 2020 · 28 Slammin' Things To Do With Spam®. While Spam® is an often ridiculed, rarely respected product, this canned meat is actually a wonderful source of protein and can be used to whip up quick and easy recipes the whole family will enjoy. Spam® is often used in place of bacon or ham in recipes … ...Show details
Our Best Hash Recipes | Cooking Light
Recipe From : cookinglight.comSep 16, 2015 · This ties the hash together and encases all the elements in deep, toasty, savory flavor. 2. Veg Out: Hash isn't an inherently pretty dish, but we've boosted vibrancy and nutrition by adding bright bell peppers and carrots. For best presentation, cook these vegetables separately and bring everything together at the end. 3. ...Show details
SPAM® Pumpkin Spice and Fall Vegetable Hash | Spam
Recipe From : spam.comIn a large cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onions 3 minutes or until translucent. Add sweet potatoes and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until golden. Stir in SPAM® Pumpkin Spice, Brussels sprouts, and apple. ...Show details
Pumpkin Spice Spam and Fall Vegetable Hash recipe
Recipe From : today.comAug 15, 2019 · In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onions 3 minutes, or until translucent. Add sweet potatoes and cook 7 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Stir in the cubes of Spam,... ...Show details
Spam Hash Recipe - Details, Calories, Nutrition
Recipe From : recipeofhealth.comHeat oil in large skillet. Add all other ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring every few minutes. Cook until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, approximately 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve while still hot. ...Show details
Cheesy Spam Hash Brown Casserole * My Stay At Home Adventures
Recipe From : mystayathomeadventures.comJan 29, 2017 · Spam, you either love it or hate it. The good news we love it! When growing up in Puerto Rico, Spam was part of our diet. Hawaiians are not the only one that loves Spam; we do too! This simple Cheesy Spam Hash Brown Casserole, you and your kids, will love and I will tell you how this recipe is simple, inexpensive, and delicious. ...Show details
Amazing, Unexpected Ways To Use Spam - Mashed.com
Recipe From : mashed.comJun 30, 2017 · Season generously with salt and pepper and serve with eggs and toast. Sausage, ham, and bacon might still dominate the breakfast scene, but a good skillet full of tasty Spam hash makes a strong case for considering this notorious pre-cooked meat. This veggie-forward recipe from Extra Crispy is an excellent way to turn Spam into breakfast hash ... ...Show details
Spam & Vegetable Hash Breakfast Scramble Recipe
Recipe From : recipezazz.comFeb 05, 2015 · Ingredients. Add to Shopping List. 1 1/2 teaspoons oil (vegetable oil) Leftover hash (1/2 cup) 2 large eggs (well beaten) 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. 1/4 teaspoon salt. ...Show details
Vegetable Hash Breakfast Skillet - The Lemon Bowl®
Recipe From : thelemonbowl.comJun 28, 2018 · Place quartered potatoes in a shallow, deep skillet and cover with cold water. Heat pot over high heat and bring water to a boil. Reduce to low and simmer until potatoes are par-cooked, … ...Show details
SPAM FRIED POTATOES - The Southern Lady Cooks
Recipe From : thesouthernladycooks.comApr 16, 2021 · Combine the cubed potatoes, chopped peppers, onion and chopped spam in a large mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl whisk together the flour, black pepper, salt and garlic powder. Add flour … ...Show details
Hormel | Recipes
Recipe From : hormel.comTransfer mixture to lightly greased jelly-roll pan. Bake 30–35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. 3. In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add hash and cook 8 minutes or until hash begins to brown. 4. Remove from heat. Gently fold hash mixture into sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. ...Show details
Spam Hash and Grits - The Candid Appetite
Recipe From : thecandidappetite.comApr 07, 2020 · Lower the flame and cook, stirring often, until the grits are thick and softened, about 18 to 20 minutes. In the meantime, set a large skillet over moderate heat with 2 tablespoons oil. Once hot, add the diced Spam and cook until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the Spam to a … ...Show details
One-Skillet Veggie Hash - Joe Cross
Recipe From : rebootwithjoe.comDirections. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper, garlic, sage, red potato and sweet potato to the pan, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add the beans and Swiss … ...Show details
Vegetable Hash with Eggs | Southern Food and Fun
Recipe From : southernfoodandfun.comOct 23, 2019 · The beauty of this vegetable hash with eggs recipe is that everything is rough-chopped and takes just minutes to saute in a skillet. Vegetable Hash with Eggs You can even chop and saute the vegetables for the vegetable hash … ...Show details
Winter Vegetable Hash // The Speckled Palate
Recipe From : thespeckledpalate.comJul 23, 2019 · Make the Apple Hash. Dice the apples into ½” bite-sized pieces. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When melted, add the apples, stirring constantly as they cook. … ...Show details