Use this as a side dish, or use it as a dessert or appetizer with a dip made of sour cream with nutmeg and coconut flakes.
Provided by JeriBinNC
Yield 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside and pour juice into saucepan. Add sugar, vinegar, salt and spices to pineapple juice.
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If desired, add red food coloring to tint a delicate pink.
- Pour hot syrup over pineapple. Cover and let it cool, then chill for several hours.
- Serve as is or with dip.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397.6, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 84, Carbohydrate 101.1, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 97.3, Protein 1
A serving of this nicely seasoned pineapple is delicious alongside lamb chops or ham. It's an easy no-fuss side dish that adds a little something extra to make a meal stand out.-Chris Nash, Berthoud, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, cloves, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes., Discard cinnamon and cloves. Add pineapple. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Serve warm with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 36mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (56g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 0 protein.
SPICY PINEAPPLE SLICES
- In a small bowl mix the salt, chile powder, and brown sugar. Sprinkle over both sides of the pineapple slices. Place pineapple slices onto a preheated, oiled grill or grill pan on high heat for 1 minute on each side. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the pineapple has softened and the sugar has caramelized on the edges.
- Skewer 3 pineapple chunks onto each cocktail skewer or toothpick and arrange on a plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper and mix with a fork. Sprinkle onto all sides of the skewered pineapple chunks and serve.
SPICED PINEAPPLE JAM
Pineapple jam with spices added. I had allot of pineapple and needed to use it up, so I went looking for jam recipes. I could only find plain fruit jams, so I saw this recipe on the net for this Asian jam for jam tarts, but it took along time to cook. There was no name to the original recipe. So I took the spices, add more and then put it with the pectin pineapple jam I have made in the past. Hope you like it, it is good on toast, but allot of people have told me it is great on ice cream. I like it with ham. Time does not count 1 hour soak. Cooking time has canning time added to it.
Provided by Coppercloud
Yield 8 half pints, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the pineapple, cloves, stick of cinnamon and 1 cup of sugar in a pan and let stand for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, add the remaining sugar and place the pan over a medium-high heat; stir constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mix to a rolling boil for two minutes.
- Remove the pan from the flame and skim off any foam that accumulates.
- Place the pan over the heat again for 1 minute to boil.
- Again, remove and skim off the foam. Add the butter and bring the mixture to a boil again.
- Take off heat, take out the cloves and stick of cinnamon. Add the 1sp ground cinnamon, add the pectin and stir constantly.
- Bring to a rolling boil again for 1 minute. Take of heat and skim off the foam.
- Allow the jam to cool for 5/10 minutes.
- Ladle into canning jars. Wipe rim with sterilized cloth.
- Apply lids then rings and tighten to fingertip tightness.
- Process in a water bath for your altitude time.
- P.S. I know it seems like allot of boiling time, but pineapple is a hard fruit and this foams allot. You can also use canned pineapple, just make sure it is not in sugar syrup and can skip the 1 hour soaking time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 762.9, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.2, Cholesterol 0.9, Sodium 25, Carbohydrate 197.3, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 183.9, Protein 0.6
SPICED PINEAPPLE HAM
A friend wanted a recipe for spiced pineapple but couldn't find one. So the two of us combined several recipes to come up with this sweet sauce. It's excellent served with ham. -Betty Claycomb of Alverton, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a saucepan, bring pineapple juice, cloves and cinnamon stick to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Strain juice, discarding cloves and cinnamon. Return juice to the pan. , In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in vinegar until smooth. Stir into pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pineapple; heat through., In a large nonstick skillet, cook ham steaks until browned and heated through. Serve with the pineapple sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 1180mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICED PLANTAINS AND PINEAPPLE
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Arrange plantain slices in a single layer. Season with half of the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over the plantain slices and pour in the pineapple and a small amount of the juice. Sprinkle the remaining spices over the top and continue to cook until browned on the bottom, about another 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.8 calories, Carbohydrate 51.5 g, Fat 0.7 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 6.1 mg, Sugar 33.8 g
SPICED GLAZED PINEAPPLE WITH CINNAMON FROMAGE FRAIS
- Mix the lime juice and half the lime zest with 1 tbsp honey, a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Set this sauce aside. Stir the icing sugar and a pinch of cinnamon into the fromage frais.
- Heat the butter and remaining honey in a non-stick frying pan until melted. Add the pineapple and cook over a high heat for 8 mins, turning regularly until caramelised. Pour in the spiced lime sauce and bubble for a few secs, tossing the pineapple to glaze in the sauce.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining lime zest and accompanied by a dollop of the cinnamon fromage frais
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159 calories, Fat 3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 30 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
SPICY PINEAPPLE SAUCE
- In a medium bowl, mix the crushed pineapple, cornstarch and ground ginger. Gradually stir in enough of the reserved pineapple juice to make the mixture smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, blend orange juice and maple syrup. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until clear and thickened. Mix in the pineapple mixture. Continue to cook and stir until well blended and thick, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27.8 calories, Carbohydrate 7.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 0.5 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
SPICY GRILLED PINEAPPLE
- Heat grill to high; brush grates with oil. Core pineapple for rounds. Slice crosswise into 8 rounds.
- Toss with olive oil and cayenne pepper; season with coarse salt.
- Place on grill. Cover, and cook until charred and tender, turning once, 8 to 12 minutes. Serve as a side dish for grilled tuna or pork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201 g, Fat 1 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 2 g
SPICED PINEAPPLE COCKTAIL
- Stir together lime juice and agave nectar; add to a blender, along with pineapple juice, pineapple, triple sec, tequila, and ice. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- In a small shallow bowl or saucer, combine chili powder, sugar, and salt. Rub a lime wedge around the rims of 4 glasses, then dip glasses in spice mix to coat. Divide drink among glasses and serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 g
More about "spiced pineapple recipes"
SPICED PINEAPPLE - MICHAEL CAINES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SPICED PINEAPPLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Cut pineapple lengthwise into 4 pieces; cut into 1/2-inch slices. Place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter and bourbon; sprinkle with brown sugar and pepper.
ROASTED SPICED PINEAPPLE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 1Category Desserts
BAKED PINEAPPLE RECIPE WITH CARAMEL SAUCE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
LAURENT’S SLOW-ROASTED SPICED PINEAPPLE | THE SPLENDID TABLE
BEST SPICED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
RECIPE: SPICED OVEN-DRIED PINEAPPLE | ARIZONA PAIN
PINEAPPLE SPICE CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY PINEAPPLE RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
SPICED PINEAPPLE - PEPPERSCALE
SPICED PINEAPPLES - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
SPICED PINEAPPLE DRINK RECIPE - CHICHA DE PIñA - LAYLITA'S RECIPES
PICKLED PINEAPPLE - HOMEMADE SPICY PICKLED PINEAPPLE
SPICY PINEAPPLE SALAD – ENSALADA ARABE - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
SPICED PINEAPPLE DESSERT TACO | FOODLAND
GRILLED PINEAPPLE WITH SPICED FRUIT SAUCE - FOODLAND
27 SATISFYING PINEAPPLE RECIPES - IMMACULATE BITES
46 SLICED PINEAPPLE RECIPES | TARLADALAL.COM
SPICED PINEAPPLE COCKTAIL RECIPE | WE ARE NOT MARTHA
SPICED BAKED PINEAPPLE RINGS | MCCORMICK
SPICED PINEAPPLE AND CHERRY RUM COCKTAIL RECIPE | PC.CA
10 BEST SPICY GRILLED PINEAPPLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE SPICED PINEAPPLE JAM FOR PINEAPPLE TARTS
SPICED PINEAPPLE SYRUP RECIPE - MATHIAS SIMONIS | FOOD & WINE
SPICY PICKLED PINEAPPLE - REBOOTED MOM
10 BEST SPICED RUM PINEAPPLE JUICE DRINK RECIPES | YUMMLY
REAL DURBAN FLAVOUR - SPICY PINEAPPLES RECIPE - THE SPICE …
SPICED PINEAPPLE GALETTE - SWEET & SORREL
PINEAPPLE DESSERT RECIPE WITH CARAMEL | GORDON RAMSAY RECIPES
SPICED PINEAPPLE SHRUB DRINK | MOTHER WOULD KNOW
HONEY-SPICED PINEAPPLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICED PINEAPPLE BREAD PUDDING (WITH PINEAPPLE ICING)- KATHRYN'S …
SPICE-GRILLED PINEAPPLE WITH MEZCAL AND WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE
SPICED PINEAPPLE PORK RECIPE
SPICED PINEAPPLE RECIPE | RECIPES, COOKING SHOW, PINEAPPLE RECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #appetizers #fruit #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #healthy-2 #low-in-something #tropical-fruit #pineapple
You'll also love