SPICY BEEF & PEPPER STIR-FRY
Think of this stir-fry as your chance to play with heat and spice. I balance the beef with coconut milk and a spritz of lime. -Joy Zacharia, Clearwater, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, toss beef with ginger, 2 garlic cloves, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 15 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk coconut milk, sugar, chili sauce, lime zest, lime juice and remaining salt until blended., In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry until no longer pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan., Stir-fry red pepper, red onion, jalapeno and remaining garlic in remaining oil just until vegetables are crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in coconut milk mixture; heat through. Add spinach and beef; cook until spinach is wilted and beef is heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312 calories, Fat 16g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 641mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
INDIAN-SPICED PEPPER STEAK
Whether you are already a fan of Indian takeout, or are just looking for a new way to cook beef, you'll love this quick, easy dinner. The secret to its Indian-spiced flavor is a mixture of warm, earthy spices with bright vegetables and hot peppers.
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 39
- Gather all your ingredients and place around large work area, near stove.
- Pat meat dry and cut it into 3 or 4 portions, then thinly slice the meat into strips against the grain of the meat.
- Place a small skillet with seeds and peppercorns over medium heat and toast a minute until fragrant. Place in spice mill and grind. Combine with chili powder, garam masala and turmeric. (Ready-ground spices can be substituted but toasted whole seeds and peppercorns that are freshly ground are a little deeper and bigger in flavor.)
- Peel and chop red onion. Seed and thinly slice bell pepper. Thinly slice or chop the fresh chili peppers. Seed if you prefer milder food or leave seeds in for extra spicy. Grate or mince ginger and garlic.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high to high heat. Add oil, 2 turns of the pan, and cook beef in single layer to brown and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Season with salt and remove to platter. Add more oil, another turn of the pan, and add onions and peppers, toss 3 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and curry leaves and toss a minute more. Add beef back to pan, sprinkle in spice blend, toss to combine with peppers and douse with lemon juice, sherry or vinegar. Garnish beef with cilantro. Serve beef with rice or grilled naan, mango chutney and Mumbai Mule.
- Bring water (with or without aromatics) to a boil. Add rice and salt and cook in boiling water, 12 minutes. Rinse in strainer using HOT water, drain and remove aromatics if using.
- For the simple syrup: Heat the water and sugar in a small saucepan until sugar is melted. Add lavender and let cool. Store in refrigerator.
- For the mule: Run a fresh cut lime over the rim of a copper mug or rocks glass. Place rim of glass upside down into a saucer filled with chili powder to coat the rim. Fill glass with ice. Place vodka, lime juice, turmeric, ginger beer and 1/2 ounce lavender simple syrup into glass. Stir gently and garnish with a lavender sprig and lime wheel.
SPICY BEEF WITH PEPPERS
Meet the Cook: I've enjoyed cooking and baking since I was just a girl - and my husband and I now have eight grandchildren! But this recipe is actually his. He's a meat cutter, and we'll have this dish as often as once a week (it's as good, if not better, reheated). We've made this for family dinners, picnics, potlucks...it's so popular I make sure I have a copy of the recipe to pass out. -Patricia Ann Fredell, Orion, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons sherry, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes. Add beef and toss to coat. Set aside. , In another bowl, combine water with remaining cornstarch, sherry and soy sauce. Set aside. , In a wok or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium-high. Add green and red peppers; stir-fry 3 minutes. Remove peppers to a platter., Add remaining oil and half of the beef; stir-fry until no longer pink. Remove and stir-fry remaining beef., Return peppers and beef to pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts :
THAI BEEF WITH PEPPERS
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, chili paste, garlic and the juice of half the lime. Pour a third of the marinade into a bowl with the sliced beef and toss to coat. Reserve the rest of the marinade for later.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high to high heat. When it is very hot, throw in the onions and cook for a minute or so. Add the bell peppers and jalapenos. Cook for a minute, tossing until the peppers have brown/black bits but are still firm. Remove the vegetables to a plate.
- Into the hot skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the meat mixture, evenly distributing it over the surface of the skillet. Allow to sit for 45 seconds, then turn with tongs. Cook for another 30 seconds, then add the onions and peppers back into the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Pour in the remaining marinade and stir. Allow to simmer on low for a few minutes; the sauce will slowly thicken. Turn off the heat.
- Drain the noodles, then add half of them to the stir-fry. Toss and add more noodles as desired. Stir in some very hot water if needed to thin the sauce.
- Top with basil and cilantro leaves and serve immediately with a squeeze of the remaining lime half.
SPICY BEEF WITH PEPPERS
- Cut steak with grain into 1 1/2- to 2-inch-wide strips. Cut each strip across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Put slices into a medium bowl with soy sauce, cornstarch, rice wine, garlic, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt, sugar, and 1 teaspoon oil and stir with a fork. 3Stir together ketchup, hoisin, and chile garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat wok over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Pour 2 teaspoons oil down side of wok, then swirl oil, tilting wok to coat sides. Add beef, spreading pieces in 1 layer on bottom and sides as quickly as possible. Cook, undisturbed, letting beef begin to brown, 1 minute, then stir-fry until meat is just browned on all sides but still pink in center, about 1 minute. Transfer meat and any juices to a plate.
- Pour remaining 2 teaspoons oil down side of unwashed wok over high heat, then swirl oil, tilting wok to coat sides. Add bell pepper, scallions, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir-fry 30 seconds, then add reserved beef with any juices and ketchup mixture. Stir-fry until combined well and sauce thickens slightly, about 30 seconds, then transfer to a platter.
SPICY CRISPY BEEF
I've never found a recipe for crispy ginger beef like the ones in the restaurants. I have experimented, and found something pretty close. Serve with rice and some steamed veggies.
Provided by Brent
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian Chinese
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, salt and pepper together. Mix thoroughly. Toss the steak slices in the cornstarch mixture and coat well.
- Deep fry the coated steak slices until golden brown. Check to make sure they are cooked through. Remove from oil, and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine and honey. Add sugar, chili paste, water, and ginger. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a wok or deep frying pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, and quickly saute the onion, garlic and red pepper for 30 seconds. Add the sauce mixture, and cook another 30 seconds. Finally, add the strips of fried steak and toss to heat through and coat with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 489 calories, Carbohydrate 40.9 g, Cholesterol 26.6 mg, Fat 31.8 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 11.4 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 1382.9 mg, Sugar 29.8 g
SPICY BEEF STEW WITH BEANS & PEPPERS
Just the thing to warm you up on a cold winter night
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Yield Serves 6 adults, or 4 adults and 4 kids
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan with a lid. Season meat, then cook about one-third over a high heat for 10 mins until browned. Tip onto a plate and repeat with 2 tbsp of oil and rest of the meat.
- Add a splash of water and scrape pan to remove bits. Add ½ tbsp oil. Turn heat down, fry onion and garlic until softened. Return meat to the pan, add flour and stir for 1 min. Add treacle, cumin, tomatoes and stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hr 45 mins. Stir occasionally and check that the meat is covered with liquid.
- Add peppers and beans, and cook for a further 15 mins. The stew can now be cooled and kept in the fridge for 2 days, or frozen for 1 month. Serve in bowls, with sour cream, coriander and cornbread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 calories, Fat 18 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 18 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 43 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
More about "spicy beef with peppers recipes"
SPICY SZECHUAN BEEF (BETTER THAN TAKEOUT!) - CHEF SAVVY
5/5 (3)Calories 393 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add the steak and the marinade ingredients to a large ziplock bag. Toss to coat and let the beef marinate for 15 minutes or while you are getting the sauce ingredients together.
- Add in beef (discard marinade). Sear beef for 2-3 on both sides. Just until the beef is browned on the outside. Remove from the pan and set aside.
SPICY SLOW COOKER BEEF & BELL PEPPER - LET THE BAKING …
BEEF AND PEPPER STIR-FRY - THE WOKS OF LIFE
BEEF WITH PEPPERS - THE PIONEER WOMAN
SPICY BEEF AND BELL PEPPER STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.2/5 (25)Total Time 20 minsServings 4Calories 216 per serving
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add steak to pan; cook 2 minutes, searing on one side. Add bell peppers; cook 2 minutes or until beef loses its pink color, stirring constantly. Remove beef mixture from pan.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and chili garlic sauce to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add beef mixture and green onions to pan; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
THE BEST SPICY BEEF PEPPER STIR FRY - SMALL TOWN WOMAN
5/5 (5)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main MealCalories 352 per serving
- Combine soy sauce, water, mirin, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, garlic powder and cornstarch in a medium ceramic bowl. Mix with whisk. Pour half of the mixture into a large Ziploc bag and add beef strips and allow to marinade for 30-90 minutes. Refrigerate while marinating.
- Heat wok with 1 – 2 tablespoons canola oil until smoking. Your wok should be very hot. Swirl to coat the wok. Shake the beef in the marinade to get the cornstarch mixed again. Remove the beef from the marinade and carefully add to the wok. Discard the marinade. Cook for about 3-4 minutes stirring halfway through. Remove the steak, cover and keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon of canola oil over high heat. Swirl again to coat the wok. Add the broccoli and cook for about 1-2 minutes stirring once. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring once or twice. Reduce heat to low and add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.. Remove all veggies from wok, cover and keep warm.
- Whisk the the remaining soy sauce mixture and add to the wok and bring to a lowl boil. Stir until slightly thickened. Add the cooked beef and vegetables back to the wok. Add 3-4 teaspoons of sriracha to taste. Stir and heat for 1-2 minutes and serve,
10 ONE-POT RECIPES FOR QUICK DINNERS | RICARDO
20 UNIQUE BEEF JERKY RECIPES THAT WILL MAKE YOUR MOUTH WATER
20 SPICY BEEF RECIPES FOR YOUR FRIENDS WHO THINK THEY …
15 SPICY ASIAN BEEF RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
SWEET & SPICY BEEF BOWL WITH RICE, PEPPERS & EDAMAME
BEEF AND PEPPER STEW - THE DARING GOURMET
BELL PEPPER SOUP - VEGETABLE RECIPES
SAUCY SOY-BUTTER BEEF AND PEPPERS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
EASY HUNAN BEEF RECIPE + VIDEO - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
HOT AND SPICY BEEF ⋆ DEB'S DAILY DISH
20 EASY BELL PEPPER RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE PEPPER STEAK RECIPE - FOXY FOLKSY
PEPPER STEAK RECIPE WITH SIRLOIN TIPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BLACK PEPPER BEEF - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
QUICK BEEF STIR-FRY WITH BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SPICY BEEF STIR-FRY WITH PEPPER - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
HOMEMADE CORNED BEEF SEASONINGS - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
SPICY BEEF WITH PEPPERS - PLAIN.RECIPES
10 BEST SPICY STUFFED PEPPERS GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY MEXICAN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
CLASSIC BEEF STEW RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
19 SPICY SOUP RECIPES WORTH TRYING THIS WINTER - PEPPER GEEK
SPICY BEEF JERKY - PEPPERSCALE
CHINESE PEPPER STEAK (STIR-FRIED BEEF WITH ONIONS, PEPPERS, AND …
BEEF WITH PEPPERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
CHILLI PEPPER BEEF ( GROUND BEEF ) - KHIN'S KITCHEN
SPICY DR. PEPPER BEEF JERKY ~ THE RECIPE BANDIT
SPICY BEEF & BELL PEPPER - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
SLOW COOKER SPICY MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST
PEPPER STEAK RECIPE - QUICK AND EASY - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
SPICY BEEF STEW WITH BEANS PEPPERS RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
EASIEST HOT AND SPICY BEEF W. ORANGE & PEPPER - TIA CLARA
15 SPICY MINCED BEEF RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
GARLIC LOVERS PEPPER STEAK RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love