SPICY OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN
My family loves this chicken recipe. The coating keeps the chicken nice and moist-with the taste enhanced by marinating, the result is delicious. -Stephanie Otten, Byron Center, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl or dish, combine the first 5 ingredients. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight., Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add chicken, 1 piece at a time, and coat with crumb mixture. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 103mg cholesterol, Sodium 523mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN BY NOREEN
I love fried chicken but I don't love the fat. This is a very tasty easy oven fried chicken. I blended together some spices that are very tasty. It is not overly spicy. I think it is just right. You don't have to feel guilty about eating fried chicken. I hope you all enjoy this recipe. My family loves it.
Provided by Nor Mac
Number Of Ingredients 17
- 1. Note: Seasoning mix makes enough for 10-12 pieces of chicken. Preheat oven to 425 degree's. Grease foil lined sheet pan with the canola oil. Set aside.
- 2. In a bowl mix the flour and seasonings. Mix well together.
- 3. Place chicken thighs three at a time in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Pound the thighs open so that they are all the same thickness.
- 4. In a bowl whisk the milk and egg together well. Set aside. Rinse chicken so it is wet. Dredge chicken through the flour mixture.
- 5. Place floured chicken in egg mixture. Coat chicken again with flour mixture. Place on platter.
- 6. Place chicken on hot oiled sheet pan. You must heat the pan in the oven for 10 minutes before placing the chicken on it. You want the chicken to sizzle when it hits the pan.
- 7. After about 15 minutes, move chicken aside and adds a little bit more oil to the pan. Flip chicken to other side to be cooked. Place back in the oven and continue to bake until cooked through and no pink shows. It's ready to serve.
SOUTHERN SPICY FRIED CHICKEN
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, and place them in a deep-sided baking dish.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, hot pepper sauce, and 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken, stir to coat all sides of the chicken pieces, and cover the dish with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 2 hours to marinate.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the buttermilk mixture, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining buttermilk mixture.
- Place the flour, 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste in a large plastic zipper bag, and shake well to combine. Place 2 or 3 pieces of chicken at a time into the plastic bag, and shake well to coat the chicken pieces with seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Gently place chicken pieces into the hot oil, and fry until chicken is cooked through and golden brown, 8-10 minutes (breasts and wings) or 13 to 15 minutes (thighs and drumsticks). Drain the fried chicken on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 479.7 calories, Carbohydrate 41.5 g, Cholesterol 70.5 mg, Fat 23.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 401.4 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
SPICY OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN WITH CHEESE GRITS AND CHORIZO REDUCTION
- Pour buttermilk and hot sauce into a large bowl or zip-top bag; mix well. Add chicken and marinate for 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine bread crumbs, flour, paprika, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and chili powder in a bowl. Remove chicken from marinade and dredge in crumb mixture. Place coated chicken onto the prepared wire rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the centers and juices run clear, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add milk, water, salt, and pepper to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and add grits. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes to prevent clumping. Remove from heat and add Mexican cheese and butter; stir until well incorporated and creamy.
- While chicken and grits are cooking, cook chorizo, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno in a large skillet over medium-high heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain grease from the skillet. Stir in garlic and continue to cook over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir cherry tomatoes, vegetable broth, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce into the skillet, reduce heat to low, and let simmer until reduced, stirring as needed, about 15 minutes. Add heavy cream; let simmer and continue to reduce until sauce coats a spoon, about 5 minutes more.
- Place grits into a bowl, top with chorizo reduction sauce, and top with spicy fried chicken. Garnish with Cotija cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 712.7 calories, Carbohydrate 44.2 g, Cholesterol 139.3 mg, Fat 42.2 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 37.9 g, SaturatedFat 20.3 g, Sodium 1950 mg, Sugar 8.3 g
BEST EVER SPICY OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN - SOUTHERN
I love this chicken recipe--after messing around with oil fried chicken, I found this recipe and it's exactly what I was looking for, darn close to "real" fried chicken without the hassle of oil frying. There is marinating time, but otherwise super easy. Don't be intimidated by th amount of hot pepper sauce in the marinade, the chicken will pick up only some of the heat.
Provided by Mrs Goodall
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Whisk buttermilk, oil, hot pepper sauce, mustard, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in large bowl to blend well. Add onion, then chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover, chill at least 3 hours or up to 1 day, turning chicken occasionally. I usually get a big gallon ziploc bag and place the marinade and chicken in the bag.
- Place racks on 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
- Whisk breadcrumbs, cheese, flour, thyme, paprika, cayenne and 1 teaspoon salt in large baking dish to blend.
- Remove chicken from marinade, allowing, excess to drip off. Add chicken to breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat completely.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, on racks on baking sheets.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F Drizzle butter over chicken.
- Place chicken in oven and bake until crisp, golden and cooked through about 50 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283.3, Fat 18.1, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 22.2, Sodium 1341.1, Carbohydrate 23.3, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 4.9, Protein 7.5
SPICY OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN
Plan ahead the chicken needs to marinate for 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Although I have used 2 tablespoons Louisana hot sauce, you can add in more if desired, trust me the chicken will not be overly spicy!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 10 chicken pieces
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl mix together buttermilk, oil, hot pepper sauce, Dijon mustard, fresh garlic, 1 tsp salt and black pepper (I use about 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper) whisk to combine well, then add in the onion.
- Add in the chicken pieces and turn to coat thoroughly with the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8-24 hours, turning the chicken pieces occasionally.
- Place a rack (I use a cookie rack, it fits perfectly!) on a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, flour, thyme, paprika, cayenne and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard marinade) letting any excess to drip off (do not leave any onions slices on the chicken, discard with marinade).
- Add in the chicken pieces to the breadcrumb mixture, and turn to coat the chicken evenly on all sides.
- Arrange the chicken on the rack that is on the baking sheet (skin side up).
- Let stand for around 30 minutes.
- Set oven to 425° (let oven heat up for 10 minutes, oven must be HOT!).
- Drizzle the melted butter on top of the chicken pieces.
- Bake until crisp and golden brown about 45-50 minutes.
OVEN-FRIED SPICY CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish. Put chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly to flatten just until you have an even thickness. Brush the chicken breasts with melted butter.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Press the chicken into the mixture and turn to coat thoroughly. Arrange the coated chicken in the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, turning after 15 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Chicken is done when the temperature reaches at least 165 F.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446 kcal, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 144 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 52 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 783 mg, Sugar 2 g, Fat 13 g, ServingSize 4 to 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN WITH SPICY HONEY AND SLAW
- For the chicken: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with a baking rack. Lay out the chicken and pat each piece dry with a piece of paper towel. Season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper, remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper and stir well. Add the chicken pieces into the bowl and toss to coat each piece. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the egg with the mayonnaise, buttermilk and hot sauce. Scatter the crushed cornflakes into a shallow dish.
- Remove the chicken from the flour mixture one piece at a time and tap off any excess flour. Dunk and thoroughly coat the chicken in the buttermilk mixture, allow excess to drip off, then roll and press into the cornflake crumbs. Place the chicken onto the rack-lined baking sheet and continue until all of the chicken is coated, making sure to leave space between each piece.
- Bake the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) and the coating is golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes for chicken breasts or thighs and 30 to 40 minutes for drumsticks. Season the chicken immediately with kosher salt and allow it to rest for about 5 minutes.
- For the spicy honey: Combine the honey, hot sauce and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Transfer to an airtight container to store at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- For the slaw: Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, celery salt and oil in a large bowl. Stir in the onion.
- Thinly slice the cabbage and shred the carrot on the large side of a box grater. Then add to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix very well to combine.
- Serve the chicken with the spicy honey and slaw.
SMOKY OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Love fried chicken, but not wild about deep frying? Try baking it instead! These drumsticks are marinated in a flavor-packed buttermilk brine, then dredged in a crunchy mix of panko and cornflakes. After it's baked to golden brown perfection, serve it with your favorite sides.
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, hot sauce, 2 teaspoons of smokehouse maple seasoning, the onion powder, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Add the drumsticks to the marinade and turn to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on top.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the panko, crushed corn flakes, remaining tablespoon of smokehouse maple seasoning, remaining teaspoon of salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Add the drumsticks to the panko mixture and turn until well coated, pressing the breading into the chicken. Set the chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 minutes, turning halfway, until golden brown and crispy and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470 calories, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 34 grams, Sugar 10 grams
SPICED UP, OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Combine the crushed cornflakes in a large bowl with the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Lightly beat eggs with the milk in a bowl.
- 4. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, shaking off excess, and then into the crumbs, coating well. Place on the baking sheets, leaving space between the pieces.
- 5. Bake, in batches, for 1 hour or until golden brown and cooked through.
- 6. To serve, arrange the chicken on a large platter and sprinkle with parsley.
SWEET & SPICY OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: ground ginger, allspice, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, salt, onion powder, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, brown sugar, flour, eggs, panko bread crumbs, bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, butter
Provided by Dhruv Vohra
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C)
- Combine all seasoning ingredients and mix well. Add 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture to the Panko bread crumbs, set aside. (The extra seasoning can be used and stored for 1- 2 years!)
- Coat the chicken in flour, then egg, and finally seasoned Panko.
- Pour melted butter into the bottom of the 9x13 (22cm x 33cm) inch pan.
- Place each coated piece of chicken skin side down in the butter.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350˚F (175˚C) (times and temperatures may vary depending on the oven), flipping the chicken over halfway through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431 calories, Carbohydrate 33 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 36 grams, Sugar 2 grams
More about "spicy oven fried chicken recipes"
SPICY OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.1/5 (68)Author Susan QuickServings 6
- Whisk buttermilk, oil, hot pepper sauce, mustard, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in large bowl to blend well. Add onion, then chicken and turn to coat. Cover; chill at least 3 hours or up to 1 day, turning chicken occasionally.
- Place racks on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Whisk breadcrumbs, cheese, flour, thyme, paprika, cayenne and 1 teaspoon salt in large baking dish to blend. Remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Add chicken to breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat completely. Arrange chicken, skin side up, on racks on baking sheets. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Drizzle butter over chicken. Bake until crisp, golden and cooked through, about 50 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SPICY CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
HOW TO MAKE SPICY FRIED CHICKEN | I HEART RECIPES
THE BEST OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN - THE RECIPE REBEL
SPICY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SPICY BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN | QUEENSLEE APPéTIT
THE BEST CRISPY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE. EVER.
SPICY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN: MAKING FRIED CHICKEN IN THE OVEN
SPICY KETO FRIED CHICKEN | I HEART RECIPES
SPICY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
SPICY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN - AFELIA'S KITCHEN
SMOKY AND SPICY OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
SPICY BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN • DEEPFRIEDHONEY
SPICY TRADITIONAL FRIED CHICKEN - CRISCO
SPICY FRIED CHICKEN LEGS RECIPE -BUTTER YOUR BISCUIT
SPICY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE RECIPE - JERSEY GIRL COOKS
SPICY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SPICY OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN - AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN - SKINNYTASTE
OVEN-FRIED HOT HONEY CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CRISPY SPICY FRIED CHICKEN - AIR FRYER AND OVEN VERSION
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN WITH SPICY HONEY AND SLAW - CTV
SPICY OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION …
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE (SUPER CRISPY & SO EASY!) - COOKING …
SPICY BUTTERMILK OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN | TABASCO® RECIPES
OVEN FRIED SOUTHERN HOT HONEY CHICKEN. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
FRIED CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
CRUNCHY, SPICY OVEN BAKED "FRIED" CHICKEN — UNWRITTEN RECIPES
TRULY CRISPY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN [RECIPE - SAVORY NOTHINGS
SPICY, SWEET & SOUR EGG ROLLS AND HOISIN-PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN WITH SPICY HONEY DRIZZLE - LORD …
SPICY FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
30 EASY SPICY CHICKEN RECIPES AND IDEAS - INSANELY GOOD
THE BEST OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - KITCHEN DREAMING
SWEET AND SPICY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN - JEN AROUND THE WORLD
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #lunch #main-dish #poultry #chicken #dietary #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love