SPINACH WITH ORZO AND FETA
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo according to package instructions. Stir in spinach until wilted. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss hot spinach and pasta with mint, crumbled feta cheese, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
ONE-PAN ORZO WITH SPINACH AND FETA
Similar to spanakorizo, a Greek spinach and rice dish, this easy, meatless meal features orzo, spinach, peas and scallions. It is deeply satisfying but still on the lighter side of pasta recipes, thanks to all those vegetables. A little feta gives it creaminess and tang, while some lemon zest brightens everything up. It makes a complete meal on its own, or, if you're looking for something more substantial, serve this as a hearty side dish to roasted meats or fish.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, easy, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium, then melt butter, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in about three-quarters of the scallions (saving some of the green parts for garnish) and garlic, and cook until softened, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, adding in batches if it doesn't all fit in the pan at once, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock and bring to a simmer. Stir in orzo, lemon zest and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until orzo is nearly cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed, 10 to 14 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Stir in cheese, peas (if you like) and dill, cover the pan, and cook for another 1 minute, to finish cooking and warm the peas. To serve, sprinkle with more cheese and the reserved scallions.
SPINACH & FETA SAUTE
With just the right level of garlic and a pleasant mix of cheese and almonds, this quick side will brighten any plate. You could also try it stuffed in a filet. -Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add spinach and almonds; saute 2 minutes longer or just until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts :
ELEGANT ORZO WITH WILTED SPINACH AND PINE NUTS
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. (Firm or slightly undercooked orzo works best for this dish.) Drain, transfer to a mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring to blend. Stir in garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes, and reduce heat to medium. Stir in pine nuts and cook until lightly browned. Add spinach, cover, and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Toss spinach mixture with orzo pasta. Portion onto serving plates with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkling of crumbled feta cheese and chopped tomatoes. Allow guests to adjust seasoning with salt, as needed. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 549.8 calories, Carbohydrate 49.1 g, Cholesterol 32.9 mg, Fat 32.5 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 17.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.5 g, Sodium 514.3 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
SPINACH FETA ORZO
Orzo at first glance looks a lot like rice, but it's actually very small grains of pasta. It cooks quickly, so this recipe comes together fast; a good side dish when making a 30 minute meal.
Provided by Geema
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook the orzo according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and saute‚ for 5 minutes or until softened, but not browned.
- Add the spinach and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Toss the onion and spinach mixture with the hot orzo.
- Add the feta cheese, chopped dill and ground pepper and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
SPINACH AND ORZO SALAD
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil and white pepper. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490.5 calories, Carbohydrate 49 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Fat 26.9 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 15.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 349.2 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
SPINACH FETA ORZO
This is a tasty side dish that's also healthy and low in calories. It's one of the recipes in my book, Living the Thin Life.
Provided by Elle Meyer
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Boil water in a saucepan. Add orzo and boil uncovered for about 8 or 9 minutes.
- While the orzo is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic, red pepper, and onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Drain orzo and add to spinach mixture. Toss in lemon juice, salt, and feta cheese. Stir well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.6, Fat 9.8, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 16.7, Sodium 560, Carbohydrate 28.3, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 2.3, Protein 9.1
ORZO WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES
- Pile spinach leaves in stacks 1 on top of the other. Thinly slice stacks of leaves to make spinach confetti. Pile shredded spinach into the bottom of a medium sized mixing bowl. Halve grape or cherry tomatoes with a paring knife and add them to the mixing bowl. Add the zest of 2 lemons to the bowl and save the lemons in the refrigerator to juice for another recipe. Add hot cooked and drained orzo pasta to the mixing bowl. The heat of the pasta will wilt the spinach and warm the tomatoes at the bottom of the bowl and get the juices flowing from veggies. The heat of the pasta will also release the flavor and oils in the lemon zest. Drizzle 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil over the pasta and toss to combine the veggies and orzo. Add basil and salt and pepper and toss to combine. Taste your orzo to adjust seasonings and serve.
GREEK SHRIMP WITH SPINACH, FETA AND ORZO
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add a generous pinch of salt and the pasta; cook according to the package directions. Drain and return to the pot Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Use a teaspoon of the oil to brush the inside of a medium baking sish (glass or ceramic) Coarsely chop the spinach. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the oil into the pot with the pasta, then add the spinach and the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Crumble in half the feta. Transfer the pasta mixture to the bottom of the prepared baking dish; cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Cut the garlic into very thin slices. Heat a tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about a minute, stirring, only until they start to turn opaque; the shrimp will finish cooking in the oven. Nestle the shrimp into the cooked orzo. Coarsely chop the tomatoes, reserving their resulting juices. Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet used to cook the shrimp, over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Stir in the tomatoes and their juices, the wine, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to form a slightly thickened sauce. Coarsely chop the parsley, then stir it into the sauce. Remove from the heat. Taste, and season with salt and pepper as needed. Spoon the sauce over the shrimp and orzo. Transfer to the oven; bake for about 10 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through. Sprinkle with the remaining feta. Serve hot.
More about "spinachfetaorzo recipes"
ORZO SALAD WITH ROASTED RED PEPPERS, SPINACH, AND FETA ...
5/5 (7)Total Time 25 minsCategory Salad, Side DishCalories 450 per serving
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and honey. Season to taste with a bit of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring broth to a boil in a good sized saucepan or pasta pot. Add orzo and cook until tender according to package directions. Drain well in a fine mesh colander but do not rinse. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss with 1 or 2 teaspoons of the prepared dressing to prevent it from sticking. Let the pasta cool to room temperature. If making in advance, cover and refrigerate cooled orzo until ready to assemble salad.
SPINACH FETA ORZO SALAD - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
4.1/5 (14)Category SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil and white pepper. Refrigerate until serving. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar before serving but not too far ahead of time.
BEST EVER SPINACH ORZO SALAD - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
5/5 (5)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main Course, SaladCalories 415 per serving
- Toast the orzo in 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat, about 5 minutes, until golden brown. Add 4 cups water, and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover with lid. 7-8 minutes. Drain any liquid, fluff with fork.
- Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked orzo, cranberries, almonds, and cooked chicken - if desired.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, combine the oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
SPINACH FETA ORZO - IN THE KITCHEN WITH AGGIE'S KITCHEN ...
Reviews 15Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- When orzo is done cooking, drain well then place back into the pot (with burner turned off). Add oil to orzo and stir. Add sliced fresh spinach and stir well until spinach is wilted into the orzo. Add crumbled feta and season to taste with salt and pepper.
SPINACH AND ORZO SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE - BUDGET ...
4.8/5 (21)Total Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 478 per serving
- Prepare the vinaigrette first to allow the flavors time to blend. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, Dijon, about 1/4 tsp salt, and some freshly cracked pepper to a jar or bowl. Whisk until the ingredients are combined, or place a lid on the jar and shake for 10-15 seconds. Set the dressing aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil to cook the orzo. Once boiling, add the orzo and continue to boil until tender. Drain the orzo and allow it to cool just slightly.
- While waiting for the orzo to cook, chop the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces. Place them in a bowl and cover with hot water (I used a ladle full of boiling water from the pot just before adding the pasta). Let the chopped sun dried tomatoes sit in the hot water for about 5 minutes, then drain.
- Place the baby spinach in a large bowl. Add the drained and still warm orzo to the bowl, along with the soaked sun dried tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese. Pour the balsamic vinaigrette over top, then toss until the ingredients are combined and coated with vinaigrette. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
20 BEST SPINACH RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 minsCategory Side DishCalories 260 per serving
RECIPE - MOMMA CUISINE
ORZO WITH SPINACH AND FETA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (7)Calories 244 per servingServings 8
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add orzo. Cook 10 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine pasta, spinach, and feta in a large bowl. Combine oil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle lemon mixture over pasta mixture; toss well to coat.
SPINACH ORZO SALAD WITH FETA, TOMATOES AND A… | THE MODERN ...
Ratings 2Total Time 25 minsServings 6Calories 355 per serving
- This prevents the pasta from being too warm when added to the salad.Make the Basil Vinaigrette: Add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to the base of a high-powered blender or a food processor
SPINACH AND FETA CREAMY ORZO RECIPE | AKIS PETRETZIKIS
Servings 4Calories 557 per servingCategory Pasta
HOW TO COOK FROZEN SPINACH QUICKLY | EASY CREAMED SPINACH ...
40 ORZO RECIPES THAT'LL MAKE IT YOUR NEW FAVORITE PASTA ...
SPINACH FETA ORZO RECIPE SIDE DISHES WITH WHOLE WHEAT ORZO ...
EASY CREAMY ONE-PAN SPINACH & FETA - COOK GEM
ONE PAN CHICKEN AND SPINACH ORZO - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
SPINACH FETA ORZO RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | DELICIOUS ...
10 BEST ORZO SALAD WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPINACH AND ORZO SALAD RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook spinach and orzo together?Stir in spinach, adding in batches if it doesn’t all fit in the pan at once, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in stock and bring to a simmer. Stir in orzo, lemon zest and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
What are the best spinach recipes?Find here list of 11 best spinach recipes or palak recipes (vegetarian & non vegetarian) like spinach pancake, spinach and ricotta ravioli, spanakopita and chicken breast stuffed with spinach & many more with key ingredients and how to make process. Spinach (palak) recipes to try at home.
Is Spinach and feta casserole healthy?This easy to make delicious and healthy spinach casserole, includes a crunchy topping, melted feta and a touch of parmesan. This is perfect for a main dish, a side dish and/or brunch. Spinach and feta are truly one of those great food combinations.
How to cook spinach on stove top?How to cook spinach on stove top. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add 2 cloves of minced fresh garlic and saute the garlic for about 1 minute, constantly stirring. Add spinach, a handful at a time, and adding another handful as spinach wilts, and cook, uncovered, on medium-high heat for only a minute or two.