EASY STEAK SANDWICH
I tried for years to make a cheese steak as good as the takeout sub shops of southeastern Massachusetts. I think this is about as close as you can come at home. Freezing the steak the day before makes it easy to cut into very thin slices.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by zigmondo
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; cook and stir until tender. Push onion to the side of the pan, and add the mushrooms. Cook and stir until softened, then add the bell pepper and cook just until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet. No need to clean the pan, just let it heat up a little bit. Place the steak in the skillet along with the pickled peppers. Season with salt and pepper. The steak cooks really fast, just a couple of minutes. Once the steak is mostly browned, return the onion and pepper to the pan. Cook until heated through.
- Turn off the heat, and place the slices of cheese over the top of the pile so they can melt. Scoop the whole pile into the awaiting bread, making sure to pour some of the juices onto that wonderful sandwich.
MUSHROOM STEAK HOAGIES
My Aunt Diane perfected the recipe for these hearty hoagies. We often double or triple it for family gatherings since they're such a hit. I begin marinating the beef the night before so the sandwiches can be put together in less than 30 minutes on a hectic evening. -Jennifer Walker, Logan, Utah
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine water, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Add steak and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. , Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, brown steak over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms; stir-fry until tender. Reduce heat. Sprinkle with cheese. , Remove from the heat; stir until cheese is melted and meat is coated. Spoon onto buns; top with tomatoes.
CUBED STEAK HOAGIES
These hearty sandwiches are perfect for a Saturday night dinner or a tailgate with buddies. Or, slice the sandwiches in half and serve as a party platter. I let mine marinade overnight and they were perfect for a postgame victory celebration!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by BearsFanJeff
Yield 12 sandwiches, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Mix together all the ingredients from the beef broth through the cracked black pepper to create a marinade.
- Using a meat tenderizer, pound the cubed steaks into 1/4-1/2 inch thickness.
- Separate the cubed steaks into two gallon-sized plastic storage bags. Cover the steaks with the marinade.
- Marinate the cubed steaks in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.
- Slice the peppers and onion into 1/4 inch thick slices. Saute together with the oil until tender.
- Combine the mayonnasie and parmesan cheese to use as a spread.
- Grill the cubed steaks over medium-hot coals to desired doneness, about five minutes each side for medium. Brush with marinade during grilling.
- Serve on toasted hoagie rolls. Top with provolone slices, sauteed peppers and onions, and parmesan mayonnaise.
SAUCY CHEESE STEAK HOAGIES
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour sauce into a small saucepan; cover and heat over low until just warm.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute olive oil with garlic, peppers, and onion until vegetables soften, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove vegetables from pan. Add roast beef to skillet. Saute over medium-high heat until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- To assemble sandwiches, open each hoagie bun lengthwise and divide roast beef slices among the rolls. Top with vegetables, about 1/4 cup of Ragu® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce, and one slice of provolone cheese. (Heat remainder of sauce for dipping, if desired.)
- Place hoagies on a baking sheet and bake for about 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve hot and enjoy!
Start supper with Tammy Ellis' savory, au jus Hamburger Hoagies. This busy Boardman, Oregon mom juggles a full-time job with community and church activities plus her kids' sports schedules. She's learned to make the most of a few handy ingredients and convenience items that cut time in the kitchen. "My family fell in love with these sandwiches the very first time I made them," she says.
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large bowl, combine beef and seasoned salt. Shape into four 7x2-1/2-in. oval-shaped patties. , In a large skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and meat juices run clear. , Spread cream cheese over cut side of buns. Place a hamburger patty on each bun bottom; replace bun tops. Serve with au jus gravy for dipping.
STEAK AND CHEESE HOAGIES
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Sandra Lee
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Preheat the broiler.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill the meat until it is medium-rare, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, mustard, rosemary, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Remove the steak from the grill to a cutting board, cover it with foil, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steak thinly and toss the slices in the Worcestershire sauce mixture.
- Spread the rolls open and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle each roll with a 1/4 cup of the cheese and put them under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and hot sauce. Spread the mayonnaise onto the bottom of each roll. Put a quarter of the beef into each of the rolls. (Reserve 4 pieces of beef for the Round 2 Recipe Couscous Stuffed Tomatoes). Cover with the roll tops, cut in half and serve.
SONNY'S STEAK HOAGIE
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 hoagies
Number Of Ingredients 8
- For the hoagies:
- Preheat frying pan over medium-high heat. Cut the hoagie rolls horizontally to open up and make a pocket. Add the blended oil to the pan and stir in the onions. Put the steak on top of onions and add 1/2-ounce of the butter. Cover the pan for 2 1/2 minutes. The meat should have a cooked appearance on top and rare underneath. Using a fork and spatula separate steak from the onions. When the meat is cooked add the salt, remaining butter, and provolone. Cover to the pan to melt the cheese. Divide the steak mixture among the hoagie rolls and serve. If you like, you can add the optional ingredients to the steak mixture before serving.
People also searched
More recipes about "steak hoagies recipe"
HOMEMADE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK RECIPE (SO EASY!) - CARLSBAD ...
2019-01-01 · The Best Philly Cheese Steak recipe made right in the comfort of your own home! This Best Philly Cheesesteak recipe boasts crazy tender, marinated steak, flavorful crisp tender bell peppers and ooey gooey cheese all sandwich in between a hoagie bun. The incredible marinated steak and spiced mayo set these Philly Cheese Steaks worlds above other recipes …
- Whisk all the Marinade ingredients together in a Ziploc bag. Remove 1 tablespoon Marinade and add to a small bowl with 1/2 cup mayonnaise to make "Spiced Mayonnaise". Add hot sauce to mayonnaise if desired and store in the refrigerator.
- Add steak to Ziploc bag with remaining Marinade. Marinate 6 hours up to overnight. Remove steak from fridge 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- Prepare hoagie rolls by slicing each in half horizontally. Hollow out bottom and top halves of bread, leaving about 1/2-inch-thick shell.
HOAGIE SANDWICH RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Ingredients. 1 (12-inch) loaf seeded sandwich bread, cut in half horizontally . 1 / 2 cup shredded lettuce . 4 thin tomato slices . 1 / 4 cup thinly sliced white onion . 2 …
ORIGINAL PHILLY - CHEESESTEAK HOAGIE
Hot or Sweet Pepper Slices Heat griddle to 350-400˚F. Add Olive Oil and sauté steak slices until brown on one side, about 1 minute. Flip onto other side (If using a natural, unseasoned product, sprinkle with salt, pepper or your own blend of spices.)
See details ››
10 BEST STEAK HOAGIE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-20 · worcestershire sauce, tomato, apple cider vinegar, onion powder and 5 more Chimichurri Sauce with Steak TODAY Food Club Italian parsley, olive oil, ground cumin, kosher salt, salt, fresh cilantro and 6 more Strip Steak and Chimichurri Sauce …
See details ››
10 BEST CHEESE STEAK HOAGIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-22 · onion, garlic powder, oil, flour tortillas, seasoned salt, boneless beef sirloin steak and 1 more Easy Homemade Cheese Steak Pizza Foodown provolone cheese, sliced mushrooms, American cheese, onion, beef gravy and 4 more
See details ››
STEAK HOAGIES WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEPPERS | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
2020-11-03 · Pat steak dry with paper towels and rub saute spice liberally into each side. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat until rippling. Cook steaks until well browned, 5 to 6 minutes per side (this is all the cooking time the steaks …
- Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Pat steak dry with paper towels and rub saute spice liberally into each side. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat until rippling. Cook steaks until well browned, 5 to 6 minutes per side (this is all the cooking time the steaks get so cook them according to your preference). Transfer to plate and tent with foil. Let them rest for five minutes, then slice thinly against the grain.
- Meanwhile, add remaining oil, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to empty skillet and cook until vegetables are softened and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Off the heat, stir in steak sauce, oregano, and sliced steak until well combined.
- Divide steak mixture among rolls and top with cheese. Arrange sandwiches on rimmed baking sheets and bake until cheese is melted and rolls are golden brown around edges, about 5 minutes. Serve.
CHEESY BEEF STEAK HOAGIES WITH A KICK - HEALTHY WORLD CUISINE
2014-03-31 · Assemble your Cheesy Beef Steak Hoagies with a Kick. Lie your hoagie breads with the bottom down and butter side up and pile high a mound of beef. Drizzle a couple of tablespoons of con …
- Preheat your pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and fry up the onions, red, yellow and green bell peppers. Add a dash of steak seasoning and stir fry until fork tender and onions are golden about 4-6 minutes. I used my iron skillet and it really made my veggies nice. Remove veggies from pan and keep warm. I fried the jalapenos up in a separate pan just until fork tender as I did not want my version spicy. (FYI ventilate your room if frying up jalapenos, you can thank me later for the advice)
- Add another tablespoon of olive in your iron skillet or pan and add beef and 1 teaspoon of steak seasoning or to taste and fry up beef until it is no longer pink and the edges are slightly brown. While your beef is cooking, butter your hoagie breads and put on the grill pan or griddle butter side down until nice and toasty brown. In a separate little saucepan or in the microwave heat up your con queso cheese sauce until very warm but not boiling. Turn off all burners.
- Assemble your Cheesy Beef Steak Hoagies with a Kick. Lie your hoagie breads with the bottom down and butter side up and pile high a mound of beef. Drizzle a couple of tablespoons of con queso cheese sauce on top. Mound on top of the con queso sauce the cooked tri-colored peppers, onions and jalapenos on top. Finally add a drizzle more of the con queso cheese sauce and then the top of the bun.
- Enjoy your Cheesy Beef Steak Hoagies with a Kick hot off the grill with some sliced fresh veggies or chips on the side and plenty of napkins.
LOADED STEAK HOAGIES | GIADZY
2020-07-22 · Pull the flank steak out of the refrigerator 45 minutes before cooking. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Halve the rolls horizontally and remove some of the bread from the inside of …
- Pull the flank steak out of the refrigerator 45 minutes before cooking. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Halve the rolls horizontally and remove some of the bread from the inside of the top half. Drizzle the rolls evenly with the olive oil and grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove to a tray and rub the toasted side of the rolls with the garlic. Set aside.
- Season the steak evenly on both sides with 1 teaspoon of the kosher salt. Season the onion slices with 1 teaspoon olive oil and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt being careful to keep them intact so they are easier to grill. Place the meat and the onions on the grill and grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until an instant read thermometer reads 135 degrees F. Remove the onions for the grill when they are deep golden brown on both sides. Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, anchovy paste, oregano, lemon juice, capers, roasted peppers, kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes and basil. Mix well to combine. Thinly slice the rested steak against the grain. Add the sliced steak, grilled onions and any accumulated juices from the plate to the bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Place two slices of provolone on each toasted roll. Fill each roll with 1 cup of arugula. Divided the steak filling with all of the mixture evenly among the 3 rolls. Cut them in half and serve.
CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH - EASY RECIPE FOR GOOEY, CHEESY HOT LUNCH
2019-05-01 · Instructions. In a large nonstick skillet, add the butter, onion, pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes over medium heat, until soft. Remove the peppers and …
- In a large nonstick skillet, add the butter, onion, pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes over medium heat, until soft.
- Remove the peppers and onions to a bowl, turn the heat to medium high, then add the mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes until they are well browned.
- Remove the mushrooms to the bowl with the peppers and onions, then add half the steak slices to the pan. Cook for about 30-60 seconds on each side to just barely cook it through, then remove the steak to the bowl and cook the remaining beef.
CHEESESTEAK HOAGIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2005-05-01 · Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini, peppers, 1/4 tsp. salt and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to …
- To warm rolls, arrange them on a baking sheet and place in an oven set on low. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini, peppers, 1/4 tsp. salt and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Season steak strips with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add to the same skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- Place one open roll on each of 4 plates and top with 2 slices provolone. Add steak and vegetables, then serve.
MICHAEL'S FLANK STEAK HOAGIES RECIPE - MICHAEL LOMONACO ...
In a shallow glass baking dish, combine 1/4 cup of the oil with the honey, vinegar, garlic, chile powder, black pepper, coriander, cayenne and ground cumin. Add the steak, turn to coat with the...
- In a small skillet, toast the cumin seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool, then grind coarsely in a mortar or a spice mill.
- In a shallow glass baking dish, combine 1/4 cup of the oil with the honey, vinegar, garlic, chile powder, black pepper, coriander, cayenne and ground cumin. Add the steak, turn to coat with the marinade, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Brush the cut sides of the rolls with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lightly toast them on the grill.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and season with coarse salt. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a carving board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
10 STEAK HOAGIE IDEAS IN 2021 | COOKING RECIPES, COOKING ...
Best Ever Cheesesteak is made with ribeye steak, bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Covered in melted cheese and served on a hoagie roll.
THE TWO CINCINNATI STYLE HOAGIES ...
2016-06-30 · The Cincinnati Style Steak Hoagie. Long before Subway and other sandwich chains were on every street corner and gas station, the independent pizza chains promoted subs or hoagie sandwiches. Of course the chili parlors had the market on the Greek double decker sandwich. As more independent pizza chains popped up there morphed two distinct…
STEAK HOAGIE WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS ~ MACHEESMO
2019-09-23 · Stir steak and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the steak is mostly cooked through. Remove steak from the skillet. Wipe skillet out. Slice a hoagie bun in half and lightly butter or oil it. Place on the skillet, cut side down. Add a big handful of steak and peppers and onions on the other half of the skillet in the shape of the hoagie.
STEAK SANDWICH (WITH GARLIC AIOLI) RECIPE - DINNER, THEN ...
2021-07-06 · Bacon Mac and Cheese Crispy Sweet Potato Fries. HOW TO STORE STEAK SANDWICHES. Serve: Don’t leave your Steak Sandwiches at room temperature for more than 2 hours. Store: To store the sandwiches in the refrigerator, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. They’ll be good in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you’re worried about the hoagie rolls becoming soggy, separate the filling …
STEAK HOAGIE RECIPE - STEAK HOAGIE WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS ...
2020-12-04 · If you are looking for steak hoagie recipe, simply check out our links below : 1. Steak Hoagie with Peppers and Onions ~ Macheesmo. Steak Hoagie with Peppers and Onions. Sep 23, 2019 – Print Recipe. The steak hoagie! Some might call it a cheesesteak but cheese isn’t completely mandatory for a good sandwich. Sauteed peppers… 2. Sonny’s Steak Hoagie Recipe | Food …
See details ››
RECIPE OF QUICK FLANK STEAK IN SAUCE ON HOAGIE | FINE COOKING
2020-12-11 · Flank Steak In Sauce On Hoagie Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, flank steak in sauce on hoagie. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious. Flank Steak In Sauce On Hoagie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth.
See details ››
RECIPE OF SPEEDY PEPPERONI STEAK HOAGIES - KETO DIET RECIPES
Pepperoni steak hoagies. You can use however much you want. After applying the pizza sauce, put pepperoni on one side of the sub and the steak on the other. Add a sprinkle of cheese on top of both meats. Learn More Main Menu The Best Cheese Steak Hoagie Recipes on Yummly Italian Pork Hoagie…
See details ››
17 BEST STEAK HOAGIE RECIPE IDEAS | STEAK HOAGIE RECIPE ...
Jul 30, 2020 - Explore Evan Farley's board "Steak hoagie recipe" on Pinterest. See more ideas about steak hoagie recipe, hoagies, steak.
See details ››