A lovely summery dessert with a fruit, that doesn't need cooking.
Provided by bestchefcheltenham
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Wash and remove the stalks from the strawberries. If you picked the strawberries yourself, the fluffy hull would lift out as you pull of the stalk. Place the hulled strawberries in one of the bowls.
- Crush the strawberries with a potato masher until you have a lumpy puree. If there is too much liquid, strain some away. This stops the fool from getting too runny.
- Whip the cream in the other bowl with the rotary whisk until, when you lift up the whisk, the cream forms little mountain peeks.
- Using a tablespoon, fold the crushed strawberries into the bowl of cream, using the spoon like a paddle, until the strawberries are all completely folded in and there is no more white cream. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, to taste.
- How much icing sugar you need, depends on how sweet you like it. Sift in a little, heaped spoonful at a time, folding it in well. Keep tasting the mixture, until it is just right.
- Add the strawberries to a bowl, sprinkle over the granulated sugar and strawberry liqueur and let steep 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the cream and powdered sugar to the bowl of a mixer and whip to soft peaks. Mash the strawberries with a fork and fold them into the cream.
- Spoon the fool into individual glasses. Crush some ladyfingers on top. Top each with a sprig of mint and a whole strawberry!
This Minimalist recipe is as basic as dessert gets, and especially in strawberry season it's just perfect. It is essentially fresh strawberries and whipped cream (substitute heavy cream, sour cream or yogurt). It can be eaten right away or refrigerated. Only a fool would pass this up.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories brunch, easy, quick, dessert
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Hull strawberries, then wash them and chop into 1/4-inch-thick pieces. Toss with half the sugar, and wait 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they give up their juices.
- Place half the strawberries and all the juice in a blender, and puree. Pour puree back in bowl with chopped strawberries.
- Whip the cream with remaining sugar and vanilla until cream is stiff and holds peaks easily. Fold berries and cream together, and serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to two hours.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 331, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 14 grams, Sodium 24 milligrams, Sugar 31 grams
STRAWBERRY FOOL (LIGHT)
A traditional Fool is made with generous amounts whipped heavy cream with fruit gently folded in. This lighter alternative uses sour cream and yogurt and originated in Cooking Light. I have adapted it a bit to my own tastes and preferences.
Provided by justcallmetoni
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine strawberries and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Combine brown sugar, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and yogurt and sour cream in a blender. Blend for a minute or two so that the sugars are blended in and you have incorporated a bit of air in the dairy mix. (i've also done this with an immersion blender.) Turn out into a covered bowl and chill for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, gently fold the strawberry mixture into the yogurt mixture until swirled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 216.2, Fat 1.9, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 6.8, Sodium 103, Carbohydrate 42.1, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 38.1, Protein 8.1
STRAWBERRY FOOL (GHANA)
This recipe has been posted for ZWT II & my source is africa.upenn.edu/Cookbook/Dessert. The intro says: "The term "fool" (also Egyptian for lentils) comes from the English & means essentially a fruit puree folded into a soft custard or whipped cream. You may begin w/any good custard recipe, vanilla pudding or whipped cream." Later he said there were 3 African Fools: Strawberry Fool (Ghana), Peach Fool (Liberia) & Peanut Fool (Nigeria).
Provided by twissis
Yield 8 1/2 cup servings, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar over 1 cup quartered strawberries.
- Beat 1 cup heavy cream w/the wine till the mixture is stiff. Fold whipped cream/wine mixture into strawberries.
- Pile high in footed sherbet glasses. Garnish ea w/1 whole strawberry.
RHUBARB FOOL WITH STRAWBERRIES
A fool is a classic British and Irish dessert that's usually made with whipped cream and cooked fruit. Try my quick version with rhubarb and berries. -Cheryl Miller, Fort Collins, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly., Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold., Just before serving, in a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Lightly fold in pureed rhubarb and strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213 calories, Fat 15g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 42mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
More about "strawberry fool recipes"
STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
- Place chopped strawberries in a small bowl. Sprinkle sugar over; let sit, tossing occasionally, until juices are released and sugar is dissolved, about 20 minutes.
- Beat cream and vanilla seeds in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add conserve; fold to blend. Add berries with juices; fold almost to blend. Divide among bowls. Sprinkle crushed ladyfingers over. Garnish with whole berries.
SKINNY STRAWBERRY FOOL - SKINNYTASTE
3-INGREDIENT STRAWBERRY FOOL | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
STRAWBERRY DESSERTS - ZOëBAKES
THIS STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE CALLS FOR PUREED FROZEN BERRIES AND …
STRAWBERRY-RASPBERRY FOOLS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4-INGREDIENT STRAWBERRY FOOL DESSERT RECIPE - DIY JOY
RECIPE FOR STRAWBERRY FOOL | RECIPE POCKET
STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE | EATINGWELL
STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE | STRAWBERRY & CREAM DESSERT - AROMATIC …
SIMPLE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM RECIPE | GOOD LIFE EATS
SIMPLE STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE FOR KIDS - AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
BEST THE PIONEER WOMAN'S STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPES | FOOD …
STRAWBERRY FOOL WITH BALSAMIC ROASTED STRAWBERRIES
STRAWBERRY FOOL CREAMY DESSERT RECIPE | TASTES OF LIZZY T
STRAWBERRY FOOL WITH RASPBERRIES - THE WASHINGTON POST
STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE (STRAWBERRY AND CREAM DESSERT)
STRAWBERRY FOOL DESSERT | JAN D'ATRI
STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE - QUICK & EASY - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LAYERED STRAWBERRY FOOL | FOODLAND ONTARIO
EASY STRAWBERRY FOOL - EDIBLE COMMUNITIES
45 STRAWBERRY RECIPES TO MAKE WITH FRESH BERRIES | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE - RED COTTAGE CHRONICLES
TANGY STRAWBERRY FOOLS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
ERIC AKIS: THESE STRAWBERRY FOOLS WILL BE WELCOME AT ANY SPRINGTIME ...
STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE, EASY STRAWBERRY FOOL DESSERT RECIPE
STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE | MASALAHERB.COM
STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE - UPSTATE RAMBLINGS
STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE IDEAS - HEALTHY & EASY RECIPES RECIPE
STRAWBERRY FOOL - A FRESH FRUIT DESSERT - TEAS THE SEASON
STRAWBERRY FOOL WITH LEMON CURD RECIPE - ZOëBAKES
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB FOOL RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB FOOL - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
STRAWBERRY FOOL - GREATIST
STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE - BBC FOOD
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB FOOL | NEIGHBORFOOD
LOW CARB STRAWBERRY FOOL - SIMPLE AND ELEGANT - FARM TO JAR FOOD
LOW CARB STRAWBERRY FOOL RECIPE - EASY KETO DESSERTS
EASY SPRING DESSERT RECIPE FOR STRAWBERRY FOOL - MODERN GLAM
FRESH STRAWBERRY LIME FOOL | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #fruit #easy #beginner-cook #puddings-and-mousses #dietary #low-sodium #low-carb #low-in-something #berries #strawberries #equipment #small-appliance #mixer #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love