BISCUIT STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
This biscuit strawberry shortcake is the perfect ending to any meal. Homemade biscuits and fresh berries shine in this classic dessert. -Stephanie Moon, Boise, Idaho
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually stir in milk until a soft dough forms. , Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls into 8 mounds on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. , Meanwhile, place strawberries, orange juice and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a bowl; toss gently. Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Place bottom halves on serving plates; top with whipped topping and strawberries. Replace shortcake tops.
SUPER EASY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BISCUITS
These strawberry shortcake biscuits have been in my husband's family for over 40 years. It is the best sweet biscuit to have under your strawberry and cream dessert. Delicious right out of the oven slathered with butter. They are also very good on their own with peanut butter.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by manella
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Cut in shortening and mix to combine.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and mix in milk to combine. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until moistened. Pour batter evenly into each of the prepared muffin cups and transfer to the oven as quickly as possible.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BISCUITS
My mum made these biscuits, and they are delicious. I like them with the cream cheese filling from recipe 24672, and topped with strawberries and the whipped cream from recipe 410125 (filling, no mint). I do not recommend substituting margarine for butter, but it can be done in a pinch. I use low fat sour cream. I sometimes form 8 rough balls, flattened instead of rolling the dough and cutting rounds.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Ecossaise
Yield 8 biscuits, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 3T sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is in tiny pieces. Add sour cream.
- Gather together in a rough ball. Roll dough out to thickness of 1 inch. Cut into eight 3" rounds.
- Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1T sugar. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Top with strawberries, whipped cream, etc.
BISQUICK STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
Hundreds of home cooks have made these strawberry shortcake biscuits a top-rated recipe, and for good reason. Using Original Bisquick™ mix ensures a perfect result every time. Light, fluffy Bisquick shortcakes are a perfect complement to sweetened berries and freshly whipped cream.
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- Heat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, mix strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick™ mix, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and the butter until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6 spoonfuls.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Split warm shortcakes; fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.
BUTTERMILK STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/3 cup white sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (If desired, place flour mixture into the work bowl of a food processor with the butter; pulse several times to cut butter into the flour mixture. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, and proceed.)
- Stir in buttermilk until the flour mixture is moistened.
- Drop 1/3-cup scoops of the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush biscuits with heavy cream and sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix together the sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup white sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Allow berries to rest until juices develop, about 30 minutes.
- Serve the strawberries with juice over the biscuits.
- Slice the strawberries and toss them with 1/2 cup of white sugar. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour one 8 inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons white sugar and the salt. With a pastry blender cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center and add the beaten egg and milk. Stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool partially in pan on wire rack.
- Slice partially cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place half of the strawberries on one layer and top with the other layer. Top with remaining strawberries and cover with the whipped cream.
STRAWBERRY BISCUIT SHORTCAKE
It seams Mom was always making biscuits. She served them plain for breakfast and dinner, especially when we had stew or baked beans. My favorite was when she served them like this-topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream! -Elaine Gagnon, Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 3 tablespoons milk until a thick batter forms. , Drop four mounds of batter onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining milk. , Bake until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Layer biscuits with berries and whipped cream in small bowls or on dessert plates.
To prevent the baked biscuits from crumbling when you cut them, wait until they are cool, and use a serrated bread knife to slice them in half very gently. Once sliced, fill them with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream for a classic take on this old-fashioned dessert.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss strawberries with 3/4 cup sugar; let sit to bring out their juices.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, and the salt until combined. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal but with some pea-size bits of butter remaining, 10 to 12 times. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup cream and the eggs; pour over flour mixture, and pulse until some large clumps begin to form, 25 to 30 times.
- Using a half-cup measuring cup, gently pack dough, invert, and then tap out onto a baking sheet. Repeat to form 8 biscuits. Bake until lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Beat remaining 1 1/2 cups cream and 2 tablespoons sugar with the vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Slice biscuits in half horizontally. Spoon strawberries and their liquid over bottom halves. Spoon whipped cream on strawberries, and replace top halves of biscuits.
THE BEST CLASSIC STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
For our simple and iconic shortcake, we discovered a great double-stacking technique that creates super light and high biscuits that are easy to split. This makes them easy to fill without crumbling. A simple recipe like this one allows its ingredients to shine, so use the very best berries you can find.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- For the shortcakes: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the heavy cream, sour cream and vanilla in a small bowl; refrigerate until ready to use. Pulse the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor until combined. Add the butter; pulse until the mixture looks like fine meal. Pour in the chilled heavy cream mixture and pulse until just combined.
- Lightly flour a work surface and dump the dough onto it. Pat out the dough 1/2-inch thick. Cut out as many biscuits as you can with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Then pat the remaining dough out to 1/2-inch thick again. Cut more biscuits; you should get 12.
- Put 6 of the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops generously with cream, then top each cream-brushed biscuit with one of the remaining biscuit rounds. (This makes it easier to split once they are baked.) Brush the top of each biscuit stack with more heavy cream and sprinkle 1 teaspoon granulated sugar on each biscuit.
- Bake the biscuits until golden and puffed, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the topping: Toss the strawberries and 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- Just before serving, beat the heavy cream, sour cream, the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Split the shortcakes in half. Spoon half the cream on the bottom of the biscuits, top evenly with the strawberries and top with the remaining cream. Put each biscuit top on and serve.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
- Combine strawberries, 1/2 cup sugar and raspberry preserves in large bowl; toss to coat. Let stand until syrup forms, tossing occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Beat chilled whipping cream, vanilla extract and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar in another large bowl until stiff peaks form. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover separately and chill.)
- Cut Buttermilk Biscuits in half. Place each biscuit bottom in shallow bowl. Top each generously with strawberries and whipped cream. Cover fruit and cream with biscuit tops. Dust biscuits with powdered sugar and serve.
SHORTCAKE BISCUITS WITH BISQUICK®
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix baking mix, milk, eggs, sugar, and butter together in a bowl. Drop into 6 mounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Let cool before splitting and filling.
People also searched
More recipes about strawberry shortcake biscuits recipe recipes
The Best Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits Recipe – Sugar Geek ...
Recipe From : sugargeekshow.com2020-04-29 · Place the biscuits on a parchment lined sheet pan with about 1/4" of space in between the biscuits and brush with milk or egg wash on top. Do not brush the … ...
Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits | Sunday Supper ...
Recipe From : sundaysuppermovement.com2021-04-14 · These homemade biscuits are more like scones. They’re made with butter and yogurt, which makes this recipe for strawberry shortcake with biscuits so soft and moist. Unlike the giant Cheesecake Factory strawberry shortcake recipe, this yogurt biscuit recipe is perfectly sized for individual portions. It’s perfect for making dessert for a crowd! ... Show details
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe – Nina Kneads to Bake
Recipe From : ninakneadstobake.com2021-07-23 · This easy strawberry shortcake recipe is made of sweet, fluffy biscuits, strawberries in a sweet sauce, and mounds of whipped cream. Strawberry shortcakes are so easy to make and assemble. The biscuit dough is made in a bowl and then turned out on a floured surface. ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake - Easy Dessert Recipes
Recipe From : easydessertrecipes.com2021-07-19 · Preheat the oven according to the directions on the can of biscuits. Slice the strawberries and combine with sugar in a bowl, enough to fully coat the strawberries. Put in the refrigerator to macerate and become syrupy. Take the biscuit dough out of the can and separate the biscuits. ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits - lightly sweet and fluffy
Recipe From : blessthismessplease.comSprinkle dough with sparkling sugar. Bake until the shortcakes are golden brown, 12-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. To serve, split the shortcake in half, add strawberries and whipped cream, and then top with the second half of the biscuit. ... Show details
Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - Crazy for Crust
Recipe From : crazyforcrust.com2021-06-01 · While the biscuits are baking (or about 30 minutes before serving shortcakes), place the strawberries in a medium sized bowl and toss with sugar and lemon juice. The berries will become juicy as they sit. For serving: cut each biscuit in half. Top bottom with some berries and some fresh whipped cream or whipped topping. ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe | Foodology Geek
Recipe From : foodologygeek.com2021-07-20 · Shortcake Biscuits Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silpat and set aside. Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Using a box grater, grate the frozen butter directly into the flour mixture. ... Show details
Easy Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits Recipe - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comThis is an easy recipe for airy light and fluffy strawberry shortcake biscuits. A little piece of summertime. Enjoy.#shortcake #strawberryshortcake #shortcak... ... Show details
Sweet Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake - the perfect summer ...
Recipe From : mastercook.com2021-07-19 · 12 Sweet Biscuits. 8 cups fresh strawberries, , sliced. 1 /2 to 3/4 cup sugar. 1 1/2 cups whipping cream. 4 tbsp icing sugar, (powdered sugar) 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract. View the full recipe at rockrecipes.com. ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake | King Arthur Baking
Recipe From : kingarthurbaking.comPlace the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet, brush the tops with milk for a shiny surface, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Remove them from the oven and cool for 15 minutes before serving. To assemble the shortcakes: Whip the cream until soft peaks form. ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake with Sweet Biscuits - Food Family and ...
Recipe From : foodfamilyandchaos.com2 days ago · There are many ways to prepare this delicious classic dessert. This Strawberry Shortcake with Sweet Biscuits recipe will rock your world! The crispy outer crust of these sweet biscuits holds up well to the whipped cream and the juicy, sweetened strawberries, while the soft, buttery interiors absorb just the right amount of these incredible flavors without becoming too soggy. ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake Dessert with Sweet Biscuits and Fresh ...
Recipe From : myhomeandtravels.com2021-05-22 · Combine sliced strawberries, sugar, and orange liqueur or orange juice in a large glass bowl and gently toss to combine. Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice to soak in all the flavors. Making the biscuits. Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 500°F. ... Show details
The Very Best Strawberry Shortcake Recipe - The Suburban ...
Recipe From : thesuburbansoapbox.com2021-05-03 · In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Cover and refrigerate. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add the butter and mix on low speed until the butter is broken into pea sized pieces. ... Show details
Strawberry Shortcake with Sweet Biscuits
Recipe From : blogarama.com2021-07-22 · There are many ways to prepare this delicious classic dessert. This Strawberry Shortcake with Sweet Biscuits recipe will rock your world! The crispy outer crust of these sweet Biscuits holds up well to the whipped cream and the juicy, sweetened strawberries, while the soft, buttery interiors absorb just the right amount of these incredible flavors without becoming too soggy. ... Show details
Southern-Style Strawberry Shortcake
Recipe From : theslowroasteditalian.com2016-08-02 · Slice biscuits in half to create a top and a bottom (a serrated knife works best). Place biscuit bottom on a small plate. Top with a large spoon of strawberries and strawberry liquid. Top with a large dollop of whipped cream. ... Show details
Super Easy Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comIn a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually stir in milk until a soft dough forms., Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls into 8 mounds on a lightly greased baking sheet. … ... Show details