SAUTEED SUMMER SQUASH
My mom used to make this when I was a child and I could eat the whole skillet full...sometimes when the garden is overflowing I'll eat only this for my lunches.
Provided by glutenfreesearcy
Yield 3 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add in oil and butter.
- When fat is heated add squash and turn to coat.
- Allow the squash to cook for a few minutes without stirring to start to brown.
- Add salt, sugar, and pepper to the squash. Cover skillet stirring occasionaly until softened to your liking. Enjoy!
SAUTEED SUMMER SQUASH SIDE DISH
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet, about 1 minute. Add scallions and garlic; saute in the hot oil until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add zucchini and squash; season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Saute until squash is tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Divide mixture evenly among plates. Garnish with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94.4 calories, Carbohydrate 7.6 g, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 52.1 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
FAST SUMMER SQUASH SAUTE
"What a yummy and fast way to fix summer squash. You can also grill it." Christie Wethington - Lexington, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, onion and garlic in oil and butter for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 4mg cholesterol, Sodium 161mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
HERBED SUMMER SQUASH
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Saute 1 1/2 pounds diced yellow squash in butter over medium-high heat, 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth, 2 sprigs thyme, and salt to taste; bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium low; partially cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 more minutes. Stir in chopped parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé
- Place squash in a colander set in the sink or over a large bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon salt. Let squash stand 10 minutes, then squeeze well to remove as much excess moisture as possible (do not rinse).
- Meanwhile, toast almonds in a large dry skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring often, until fragrant but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add squash and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisptender, about 5 minutes. Fold in Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Fold in almonds.
SUMMER SQUASH AND BEAN SAUTé
Enjoy delicious summer squash and beans sauté served over rice for a flavorful dinner - a meatless meal.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook rice in 2 cups of the water as directed on package. Stir bouillon cubes into remaining 1 cup water. In small bowl, stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of the bouillon mixture until well blended; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add green beans, garlic and remaining bouillon mixture; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and squash medley; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir until mixture is bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Add basil and butter beans; cook 1 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over rice. If desired, garnish with additional basil sprigs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Carbohydrate 60 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 7 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 700 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 0 g
23 BEST WAYS TO COOK SUMMER SQUASH (+ RECIPE COLLECTION)
Put that Farmer's Market haul to good use with these bright and sunny summer squash recipes. They're sweet, nutty, and perfect as a summer side dish.
Provided by insanelygood
Categories Recipe Roundup
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a delicious summer squash recipe in 30 minutes or less!
Nutrition Facts :
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTE
My mother used to whip this up for a quick summer side dish. Great with all the bounty from my dad's garden. Very easy and delicious.
Provided by greyghost
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Saute squash and onion in butter until LIGHTLY browned.
- Add tomato, parmesan cheese, and garlic salt.
- Cover and cook until tender about 5 mins.
- (Longer depending on how tender vegetables are desired) Can always add more of anything- squash, tomato, cheese or butter depending on taste.
SAUTEED SUMMER SQUASH WITH BASIL
- Cut the squash in thick slices. Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the squash over high heat so that it is golden brown on both sides, but not overcooked. It should still be slightly crunchy. Remove with a slotted spoon as the pieces are cooked and place them in a serving bowl.
- Add the garlic to skillet, cook until golden. Add with oil left in pan to the squash. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with basil and toss. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 120, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 427 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and tarragon; sauté until onion is just tender, about 2 minutes. Add yellow squash and zucchini; sauté until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
SAUTéED SUMMER SQUASH WITH RED PEPPER AND ONION
This is the time of year when, no matter what part of the country you live in, tables at farmers' markets are piled high with summer squash, mounds of it: yellow, light green and dark, round and long. This is a vegetable that expresses itself well in a wide range of dishes; just about every cuisine in the world knows how to show it off. It's an excellent low-calorie food, with only 19 calories per cup of raw squash. This dish is great on its own as a side dish, but it can also be incorporated into many other recipes.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat and add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until tender, 5 to 8 minutes, and add the garlic, summer squash, red pepper, and about 3/4 teaspoon salt. Turn the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, until the squash is translucent and the red pepper tender, about 10 minutes. Add freshly ground pepper, taste and adjust salt. Stir in the parsley and remove from the heat. Serve as a side dish, or use as a filling for a vegetable tart, gratin, or frittata.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 51, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 248 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
More about "summer squash saut recipes"
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SUMMER SQUASH AND CARROT SAUTé RECIPE — EATWELL101
15 DELICIOUS SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES EVEN YOUR PICKY …
29 BEST EASY SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES - HOW TO COOK …
21 COMFORTING AND IRRESISTIBLE SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES
27 SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES THAT MAKE THE MOST OF THE …
30 LIGHT AND EASY SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES - GOOD …
SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SAUTéED YELLOW SQUASH RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTE | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTE - SKIP THE SALT - LOW SODIUM RECIPES
HOW TO SAUTE SUMMER SQUASH WITH RECIPE - $5 DINNERS
23 BEST SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES - EASY WAYS TO USE …
3 INGREDIENT SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé — NEW MORNING FARM
SAUTéED SUMMER SQUASH RIBBONS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SAUTéED YELLOW SQUASH RECIPE - HOW TO COOK YELLOW …
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé RECIPE (VEGAN & OIL-FREE) - SHANE & SIMPLE
SUMMER SQUASH RICE (EASY SIDE DISH) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SUMMER SQUASH & WHITE BEAN SAUTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
OUR 16 EASY SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTE - JENNIFERSKITCHEN
SAUTéED YELLOW SQUASH - THIS HEALTHY TABLE
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTE RECIPE - AN EDIBLE MOSAIC™
HOW TO COOK YELLOW SQUASH – 4 EASY RECIPES
SAUTEED ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH | MCCORMICK
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
17 BEST SUMMER SQUASH RECIPE IDEAS - FOOD NETWORK
STEAM SAUTEED SUMMER SQUASH - REAL MOM KITCHEN - SIDES
SAUTéED SUMMER SQUASH RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SIMPLE SAUTEED SUMMER SQUASH - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
EASY SAUTéED SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI RECIPE - MSN.COM
SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES & RECIPE IDEAS - SIMPLY RECIPES
SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE WITH PANKO CRUMB TOPPING - SALTY SIDE …
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé | CLUB HOUSE CA
QUICK SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé RECIPE - THE CHIC LIFE
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #summer #dietary #seasonal #squash #tomatoes #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love