SUSAN'S VERSION OF OLD-FASHIONED POTATO SALAD
- Slice potatoes into a large serving bowl.
- Coarsely chop eggs with the potatoes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and eggs, stir gently to coat all.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
SUSAN'S BEST POTATO SALAD
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Mix oil, vinegar, salt, sugar and garlic.
- Pour over warm potatoes.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- When ready to serve, mix dill and mayo together and toss with potatoes onions, and radishes.
- Garnish with a few radish slices and green onion sprigs if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166.9, Fat 2.4, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 304.1, Carbohydrate 33.4, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 2.2, Protein 3.9
CONTEST-WINNING OLD-FASHIONED POTATO SALAD
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender; drain. Place in a large bowl; add eggs, celery and onions. , In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts :
THE BEST POTATO SALAD
- Place the eggs into a saucepan in a single layer and fill with water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Pour out the hot water; cool the eggs under cold running water in the sink. Peel and chop the cooled eggs.
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and refrigerate until cold. Peel and cube once cold.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, relish, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, and celery seed in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, potatoes, onion, pepperoncini, and olives; stir until evenly mixed. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.7 g, Cholesterol 102.2 mg, Fat 22.9 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 784.5 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
SUSAN'S DILL PICKLE POTATO SALAD
Mom taught me how to make potato salad and she NEVER put sweet pickles in it. Always used dill pickles. I have had many compliments and requests to make this salad for get togethers.
Provided by Queenrubyrose
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bake potatoes (microwave or oven) as they don't get soggy like boiled ones, cool to handle. Peel and cut in large chunks.
- Use large bowl to mix potatoes, celery, pickles, onion and eggs. Mix carefully so as not to mash potatoes.
- Mix dressing by mixing last 4 ingredients together in a small bowl or just add to salad bowl & mix. Stir to coat all ingredients and taste for saltiness.
- Chill several hours or overnight. Taste for seasoning & add more of anything you like (salt, mustard, pickles, olives etc). If too dry add more mayo.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 622.2, Fat 24.4, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 383.2, Sodium 2046.4, Carbohydrate 81.2, Fiber 10, Sugar 8.5, Protein 21.6
Quick and easy potato salad recipe with a lot of old-fashioned potato salad flavor. This will become a go-to summer side dish recipe. Better if made the day before.
Provided by MRANDAL
Categories Red Potato Salad
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Return potatoes to empty pot to dry while you mix the dressing. Sprinkle with salt.
- Stir mayonnaise, pickles, hard-cooked eggs, red onion, celery, mustard, cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Fold potatoes into the mayonnaise mixture. Allow to chill at least six hours, or overnight, before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338.8 calories, Carbohydrate 20.4 g, Cholesterol 53.5 mg, Fat 27.6 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 538.1 mg, Sugar 2 g
More about "susans best potato salad recipes"
BEST CREAMY POTATO SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CREAMY POTATO …
THE BEST POTATOES FOR POTATO SALAD - FOOD NETWORK
BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE - EASY SOUTHERN POTATO SALAD RECIPE
SOUTHERN POTATO SALAD RECIPE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
BEST EVER SOUTHERN STYLE POTATO SALAD (WITH VIDEO)
SOUTHERN-STYLE POTATO SALAD RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
POTATO SALAD - SUSAN RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST POTATO SALAD (RECIPE) - A SPICY …
THE BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE! | SUSAN | COPY ME THAT
RECIPE: SUSAN BRANCH'S FAMILY-FAVORITE POTATO SALAD (FROM THE …
BEST POTATO SALAD EVER | SUSAN SINK
POTATO SALAD - SUSAN'S PANTRY
ROSANNE CASH’S ALL-AMERICAN POTATO SALAD – SMITTEN KITCHEN
OLD FASHIONED SOUTHERN POTATO SALAD | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
SOUTHERN CROWD-PLEASING POTATO SALAD RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
THE BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPES FOR GET-TOGETHERS
RECIPES ARCHIVES - SUSAN RECIPES
SUSAN'S POTATO SALAD--SOUTHERN COUNTRY STYLE
WORLD’S BEST POTATO SALAD – PHILLY JAY COOKING
PERFECT POTATO SALAD RECIPES | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
THE BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE! | GIMME SOME OVEN
INA GARTEN’S POTATO SALAD (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
POTATO SALAD - MY GRANNY'S UNBEATABLE RECIPE - STACY LYN HARRIS
BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE! - MAMA LOVES FOOD
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE | FOODIECRUSH.COM
SUSAN'S VERSION OF OLD-FASHIONED POTATO SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OLD FASHIONED POTATO SALAD – MY ROI LIST
SOUTHERN POTATO SALAD RECIPE - TO SIMPLY INSPIRE
BEST WESTERN FOOD RECIPES: SUSAN'S VERSION OF OLD-FASHIONED …
ASTRAY RECIPES: SUSAN'S SKILLET POTATO SALAD
BEST SOUTHERN SOUL FOOD POTATO SALAD RECIPES
THE BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE EVER | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
THE 35 BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
BEST FINGERLING POTATO SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SOUTHERN POTATO SALAD - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
THE BEST POTATO SALAD RECIPE - FAMILY FRESH MEALS
BEST COOKING BUTTER RECIPES: SUSAN'S SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
JULIA'S SOUTHERN POTATO SALAD - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the perfect potato and egg salad?
What is Southern-style potato salad?
Is potato salad the king of all salads?
Do you add purple onions to your salad recipe?