PRESSURE COOKER BABY BACK RIBS RECIPE
The BEST pressure cooker baby back ribs recipe! My dry rub for baby back ribs + a secret ingredient + perfected cooking time = the perfect juicy & tender ribs. You will love this recipe for pork ribs!
Provided by Jess Larson
Categories Main Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Add all listed dry rub ingredients to a small bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside, or store in an airtight container on your spice rack for up to 1 month.
- There will be a thin membrane on the back of the ribs ("silverskin") that needs to be removed - otherwise the dry rub won't penetrate the meat all around the ribs & your ribs will be difficult to chew! I find it's easiest to use a butter knife (something with a blunt edge that is not sharp) to work the silverskin off the ribs in 1 spot. From there, slide your finger under the membrane & the silverskin should pull off very easily. Reference the photos provided in the blog post above if you need a visual. I also found this simple video tutorial to be very helpful!
- Generously season the ribs all over with kosher salt, then sprinkle the dry rub all over the ribs, using your hands to lightly work the rub into the meat.
- Add the water & liquid smoke mixture to the bowl of your electric pressure cooker. Fit the bowl with its trivet/rack. Place the prepared rack of ribs on the trivet/rack, bending as needed to fit into the bowl. Cover the pressure cooker, securely locking its lid into place & ensuring the vent is turned to its "sealing" position. Cook on low pressure for 30 minutes. Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally for about 10 minutes (literally just leave the pot for 10 minutes!) before carefully flicking the vent to its "venting" position to allow any residual pressure to release. The ribs will hold to the bone but will have a great fall-apart tender texture - perfect! Carefully transfer the ribs to a baking sheet or serving platter.
- Optional: Grill the ribs: While the pressure cooker releases, preheat the grill to medium-high (approx. 600 degrees F). Grill the ribs over direct heat for 3-4 minutes per side, brushing them with your favorite BBQ sauce the whole time. You don't need to grill them very long, just enough to get some nice grill marks & smoky char.
- the ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce & BBQ sides. In our house, that's cornbread, potato salad & coleslaw - YUM. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415 calories, Sugar 8.7 g, Sodium 791.8 mg, Fat 26 g, SaturatedFat 9.1 g, TransFat 0.2 g, Carbohydrate 10.2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 35.7 g, Cholesterol 122.9 mg
INSTANT POT® SWEET BABY BACK RIBS
Tender, sweet, and sticky baby back ribs that only take 1 hour from prep to plate. If you like them with a little spice, add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the dry rub. I make this in my 8-quart Instant Pot® Duo; a 6-quart pot may require less liquid.
Provided by Chris Book
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Use a butter knife to cut into an edge of the rib racks. Use a paper towel to grab and lift off the silvery membranes.
- Combine brown sugar, garlic salt, chili powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in bowl. Coat the ribs generously with the dry rub.
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot®. Pour in broth, root beer, vinegar, and liquid smoke. Place ribs on the trivet on their sides, with one inside the other. Close and lock the lid and make sure the vent is sealed. Select manual high pressure and set the timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 15 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler on the highest heat setting. Place a rack 6 inches from the heat source.
- Transfer ribs to a broiling pan and generously coat with barbecue sauce.
- Cook in the broiler until barbeque sauce is bubbly and caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.7 calories, Carbohydrate 24.8 g, Cholesterol 87.8 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 1910.9 mg, Sugar 19.9 g
SWEET DRY-RUB BABY BACK RIBS - 6-QT ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER
Tried and True, just a hint of heat. I have adapted my dry rub from from Ribs, Chops, Steaks, & Wings by Ray Lampe, and my electric pressure cooking directions from Gracie Cooks! blog. We found the original rub recipe to have way too much salt, and we reduced the cayenne pepper so toddlers wouldn't be overwhelmed. I like to keep the ribs out of the bottom liquid as much as possible, and I top it with a fresh BBQ sauce (or Heinz's Kansas City BBQ sauce was even easier and quite yummy) for finishing off the ribs either in the oven or on the grill. The pressure-cooked unglazed ribs can be frozen - we tend to make as many slabs as our P.C. can hold. Afterwards, strain the liquid, defat, and use as a marinade for a rump roast. Removing the membrane that covers the inner part of the ribs and removing excess fat accounted for most of my prep time. In the Instant Pot, it only took 15 minutes to reach pressure, and 20 for the pressure to come down naturally. (The posted "Cooking Time" is the amount of time at High Pressure (11 psi). I think it is most convenient to cook the ribs ahead and just worry about "finishing" them when you are ready to eat.
Provided by KateL
Yield 2 full rib racks, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine all Rub ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Using a full cooking sheet, prepare ribs by removing membrane that covers the inside part of the ribs. Also trim off excess fat, if any. (Check YouTube for instructive videos.).
- Generously coat both sides of both racks of ribs.
- In 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker, place roasting rack in inner pot. Pour in Coca Cola. Place each rack of ribs vertically, with meaty side out, and meatier edge on top. (A 6-quart P.C. should accommodate 3 racks, and an 8-quart P.C. should handle 4 racks.).
- Feel free to sprinkle rest of rub on ribs.
- Put inner pot into Pressure Cooker base.
- Secure lid.
- INSTANT POT: Select MEAT/STEW setting, and increase time to 30 minutes. When cooking has completed, press Off, and unplug. Allow pressure to release naturally (or at least 12 minutes before venting).
- OTHER ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER: Cook on HIGH pressure for 30 minutes, and allow pressure to release naturally.
- STOVE-TOP P.C.: Please consult your manual. These normally cook at 15 psi instead of 11 psi attained by electric pressure cookers, so cooking times and Natural Pressure Release times will both be shorter. You will have to hang around to make sure the stove-top pressure cooker maintains the right pressure, however.
- Once pressure cooker has released its pressure, remove the lid. Carefully remove the ribs with tongs. (I move the ribs to a colander to drain as I normally cook them ahead up to this point.).
- OPTIONAL: Strain the cooking liquid and refrigerate, then remove the top fat layer. It would make a killer marinade for a rump roast. If you don't like that option, discard the cooking liquid as you see fit.
- OVEN: Set to BROIL. Put racks meaty side up and glaze with BBQ sauce with a silicone basting brush. Broil for 2-5 minutes or until heated through. If you like, baste again and broil some more.
- GRILL: Prepare grill. On BBQ mesh grate, place rib racks meaty side up and glaze with BBQ sauce with a silicone basting brush. Heat through. Baste again and heat some more if you wish.
PRESSURE-COOKER MEMPHIS-STYLE RIBS
After my dad and I had dinner at the legendary Rendezvous restaurant, I was inspired to create my own version of tasty dry-rub Memphis ribs. Smoked paprika in the rub mimics the flavor the ribs would get from grilling over hot coals. -Matthew Hass, Franklin, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine vinegar and water; brush over ribs. Pour remaining vinegar mixture into a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Mix together next 12 ingredients, reserving half. Sprinkle ribs with half of seasoning blend. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; transfer to pressure cooker. , Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. , Remove ribs; skim fat from cooking juices. Using a clean brush, brush ribs generously with skimmed cooking juices; sprinkle with reserved seasoning. Serve ribs with remaining juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 509 calories, Fat 35g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 136mg cholesterol, Sodium 1137mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 38g protein.
INSTANT POT® BABY BACK RIBS
- Combine kosher salt, brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a small bowl for the spice rub.
- Cut the rack of ribs into 4 equal portions. Rub all sides of each piece with spice rub.
- Pour broth into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add ribs in a teepee formation. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Move ribs to the baking sheet using tongs. Brush ribs on all sides with barbeque sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Turn ribs and continue baking until meat pulls away easily from the bone, about 7 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334.6 calories, Carbohydrate 12.8 g, Cholesterol 87.6 mg, Fat 22.8 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 19.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 3349.4 mg, Sugar 8.1 g
More about "sweet dry rub baby back ribs 6 qt electric pressure cooker recipes"
PRESSURE COOKER BABY BACK RIBS - DADCOOKSDINNER
4.8/5 (19)Calories 575 per servingCategory Pressure Cooker
- On the bone side of the ribs, work a butter knife between the membrane and the bone, then grab with a paper towel and pull the membrane off of the ribs. (If it tears while you’re pulling, work the knife under the remaining pieces and pull them off as well.)
- In a small bowl, stir the barbecue rub ingredients, breaking up any clumps of brown sugar with your fingers. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the barbecue sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the ribs with the salt and rub. Cut the ribs into 4 pieces, cutting between every fourth bone.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into the pressure cooker pot (or use the minimum liquid amount for your pressure cooker). Stack the ribs in the pressure cooker bone side down. Lock the pressure cooker and pressure cook on high for 30 minutes in an electric PC or 24 minutes in a stovetop PC, then let the pressure come down naturally, about 15 more minutes.
10 BEST SWEET DRY RUB RIBS RECIPES - YUMMLY
BEST INSTANT POT BABY BACK PORK RIBS - RANCH STYLE KITCHEN
PRESSURE COOKER/INSTANT POT BABY BACK RIBS - HILDA'S KITCHEN BLOG
SWEET-HOT BABY BACK RIBS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CROCK POT RIBS (BABY BACK RIBS WITH DRY RUB ... - FOXES LOVE LEMONS
SLOW-ROASTED DRY RUB RIBS - A DAY IN THE KITCHEN
SWEET AND SPICY BABY BACK RIBS DRY RUB RECIPE
PRESSURE COOKER BABY BACK RIBS COOKING TIME | PRESSURE …
FINGER-LICKING PRESSURE COOKER RIBS | TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER INSTANT POT ~ BABY BACK RIBS
EASY INSTANT POT RIBS | LEMON BLOSSOMS
SMOKED DRY RUBBED BABY BACK RIBS RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
10 BEST DRY RUB BABY BACK RIBS RECIPES - YUMMLY
PRESSURE COOKER BBQ RIBS - OUR BEST BITES
SWEET DRY RUB FOR PORK RIBS - RANCH STYLE KITCHEN
SLOW COOKER DRY RUB BABY BACK RIBS - PORK RECIPES - LGCM
DRY RUB FOR RIBS (THE BEST MIX OF SWEET AND SAVORY) - VINDULGE
THE BEST INSTANT POT RIBS RECIPE - A MIND "FULL" MOM
HOW TO MAKE SWEET DRY RUB FOR PORK RIBS - KEEPING LIFE SANE
INSTANT POT RIBS | EASY, ULTRA TENDER, AND FOOLPROOF!
BBQ RIBS WITH DRY RUB | SWEET BABY RAY’S
INSTANT POT BABY BACK RIBS RECIPE - BELLY FULL
BABY BACK PORK RIBS IN PRESSURE COOKER - JULIA RECIPES
SWEET BBQ RUB RECIPE - KITCHEN DREAMING
INSTANT POT BABY BACK RIBS WITH MEMPHIS DRY RUB
DRY RUB FOR RIBS - THE BEST HOMEMADE DRY RUB FOR YOUR RIBS
INSTANT POT BABY BACK RIBS - DRY-RUBBED - THE FOODIE EATS
DRY RUB FOR BBQ RIBS, BEST DRY RUB FOR RIBS - JENNY CAN COOK
INSTANT POT RIBS RECIPE AND DRY RUB FOR PORK RIBS - SWEET T MAKES …
15 BEST BBQ RUB RECIPES [FOR RIBS, BEEF, PORK, AND MORE!]
DRY RUBBED SMOKED BABY BACK RIBS - GIRL CARNIVORE
INSTANT POT/SLOW COOKER ST LOUIS STYLE RIBS
MAKE AHEAD BBQ BABY BACK RIBS - PRESSURE COOKING TODAY™
PRESSURE COOKER RIBS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
SAVORY AND SWEET SMOKED RIBS RECIPE - MASTERBUILT RECIPES
SWEET & SMOKY DRY RUB FOR RIBS - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
AIR FRYER DRY RUB RIBS - FORK TO SPOON
EASY BABY BACK RIBS WITH DRY RUB IN THE OVEN - GRITS AND PINECONES
EASY BABY BACK RIBS | SWEET BABY RAY’S
DRY RUB BABY BACK RIBS OVEN BAKED - JOY FILLED EATS
DRY RUB BABY BACK RIBS - PAULA DEEN
DRY RUB FOR RIBS (BEST RIB RUB RECIPE!) - FOXES LOVE LEMONS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook baby back ribs in pressure cooker?Instructions Prepare the Baby Back Ribs: Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs with a butter knife and a paper towel. Dry Rub the Baby Back Ribs: Mix all the dry rub ingredients and rub it all over the baby back ribs. Pressure Cook the Baby Back Ribs: Pour the homemade BBQ sauce into the pressure cooker.
How to cook ribs in Instant Pot with dry rub?Mix liquid smoke and vinegar then brush the top and bottom of the ribs. Sprinkle the dry rub generously on both sides and work into the meat. Place a metal trivet (Instant Pot) or crisper basket (Foodi) into the pot. Pour the remaining vinegar/liquid smoke mixture along with one cup of water into the pot.
Can You season ribs in a foodi pressure cooker?But using a Foodi pressure cooker has the added bonus of being able to crisp the ribs in the same pot, making cleanup even easier. Dry Rub — Although you can use your favorite dry rub to season the ribs, I recommend using my Spicy Dry Rub Seasoning. One batch should be more than enough to season two racks.
What is the best way to make baby back ribs?Jul 06, 2019 · Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs are the best way to make ribs if you don’t like to grill. The ribs turn out fall off the bone tender. Welcome to the very first recipe on the Magical Slow Cooker. This recipe has not changed over the years but my photography skills have.