MASHED MAPLE BOURBON SWEET POTATOES
Provided by The Hearty Boys
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until very soft to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool 20 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel them by hand and put the flesh in the bowl of a mixer. Using a paddle attachment, mix in the lemon zest and juice, maple syrup and brown sugar.
- Place the bourbon in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Let it come just to the boil and then tilt the pan slightly towards you to set it aflame*. Add to the potatoes along with the butter. Mix well. Add salt and pepper and transfer to a 13 by 9-inch oven-safe casserole dish. (Recipe can be made to this point up to 2 days before, refrigerated.) Sprinkle topping over potatoes and bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Alternatively, you may simply sprinkle the top of the casserole with a little bit of brown sugar and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, salt, pepper, thyme and pecans together in a small bowl. Add the butter and work with your fingers until a crumbly mass forms.
MAPLE-BOURBON ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
Let sweet potatoes shine underneath a simple but delectable drizzle of butter, maple syrup, bourbon and seasonings. No added sugar or marshmallows are needed!-Laureen Pittman, Riverside, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. In microwave, melt butter; stir in remaining ingredients. Drizzle over potatoes and toss to coat., Transfer to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 40-45 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 235mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MAPLE BOURBON SWEET POTATO PIE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- When it comes to fall vegetable-based pies, some individuals fancy pumpkin, while others (like me) are die-hard sweet potato fans. Both are autumnal, both marry well with the flavors of maple, spirits, and spice; but using sweet potatoes results in a denser, creamier texture. Originally created for an article in Fine Cooking magazine, this dessert is always one of my Thanksgiving pie offerings. I can't tell you how many people have said as they down the last crumb, "and I thought I didn't like sweet potato pie."
- This is like a sweet potato custard, and you will want to take care not to overbake the filling. Check it frequently as it nears the end of its baking time and remember that it will set up a bit as it cools.
- Serve this pie with some lightly whipped cream or, for a slightly twisted take on a tried-and-true Thanksgiving combo, garnish with some marshmallow fluff.
- 1 (9-inch) basic pie crust, baked blind, recipe follows
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes at each end with a fork and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast until the potatoes are soft, about 1 hour, turning them over halfway through the baking time. Cool, peel, and put the flesh through a food mill or mash smoothly with a potato masher. You should have 2 cups of puree.
- Turn oven down to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the puree with all the remaining ingredients for the filling. Whisk until well combined and smooth. Pour the filling into the partially baked pie shell. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, until the filling is just barely set. When the rim of the pie plate is nudged, the very center of the filling should barely move.
- Cool the pie to room temperature. It can be made several hours or up to 1 day in advance.
- Place the flour, salt and sugar in the bowl of a food processor with a steel blade. Pulse to combine.
- Add the chilled butter and shortening; pulse until the fat is evenly cut in and the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Remove to a mixing bowl.
- Working quickly, gradually add enough cold water, while tossing and stirring with a fork, until the dough just begins to come together. Divide the dough into 2 even portions, flatten into rounds, wrap in plastic, and chill for a few hours or overnight.
- Roll out 1 portion and fit it into a 9-inch pie pan. Crimp edges. Reserve remaining portion for another use. Line shell with foil or parchment paper and fill with dry rice or beans. Blind bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and beans before filling.
MAPLE GLAZED SWEET POTATOES WITH BACON AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner and my family went crazy over it. It is simple, looks great on the table and has already been requested for Christmas dinner! This recipe can be adjusted as you like by adding more or less bacon and onions.
Provided by Chris B
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Sweet Potatoes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Toss the sweet potato chunks, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl, and spread the sweet potatoes out onto a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until browned and tender, about 40 minutes; stir after the first 20 minutes.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and brown in a large skillet over medium heat, about 10 minutes; transfer bacon to a bowl, but leave the grease in the skillet. Cook the onions in the bacon grease until browned, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and cook the onions until very soft, brown, and sweet, another 10 to 15 minutes. Stir often. Mix the onions with the bacon in the bowl, and set aside.
- Pour the maple syrup into the hot skillet with the thyme, and bring to a rolling boil. Boil the syrup until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Place the roasted sweet potatoes and onion-bacon mixture into the skillet, and stir to coat the vegetables with maple glaze. Transfer to a serving dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287.5 calories, Carbohydrate 51.8 g, Cholesterol 7.9 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 378.2 mg, Sugar 23.6 g
SWEET POTATO CAKE WITH MAPLE-BOURBON PECANS
If you love sweet potato, try this cake recipe enriched with a little bourbon and sweetened with maple syrup, plus the crunch of pecans.
Provided by Bibi
Categories Desserts Nut Dessert Recipes Pecan Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine softened butter and brown sugar in a medium-sized bowl; stir until well combined. Add maple syrup, bourbon, and salt. Stir in pecans and mix until well coated. Set topping aside.
- Butter a 10-inch tube pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper; butter the parchment paper and lightly dust with flour. Evenly spread topping into the bottom of the tube pan and set aside.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium speed until well combined, 3 to 4 minutes; the mixture will be a bit grainy in appearance. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on medium speed after each addition. Use a spatula to scrape down the bowl as needed. Add sweet potatoes and bourbon and mix on medium speed until well combined, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Combine buttermilk and sour cream in a separate bowl.
- Add 1/2 the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and mix on low speed until well blended. Add 1/2 the buttermilk mixture and beat on low until blended, scraping the bowl as needed. Add remaining flour to the mixing bowl and continue mixing. Add remaining buttermilk mixture and continue beating on low speed until batter is thick and smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared tube pan and place pan on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 65 to 75 minutes. Remove cake from the oven and leave in the pan.
- Prepare glaze by combining maple syrup, melted butter, and bourbon in a bowl. Use a wooden skewer to poke holes in the warm cake in the pan. Spoon 1/2 the glaze over the bottom of the cake.
- Allow cake to cool on a wire rack, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a serving plate, remove parchment paper, and drizzle remaining glaze over the top of the cake. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 884.1 calories, Carbohydrate 110.9 g, Cholesterol 144.7 mg, Fat 43.9 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 11.4 g, SaturatedFat 18.3 g, Sodium 507.1 mg, Sugar 65 g
WHISKY (OR BOURBON) BAKED SWEET POTATOES (OR YAMS)
This recipe is a combination of my Dad's Candied Yam recipe and one from Gourmet. I prefer the darker sweet potato (which he called a yam) over the lighter yellow sweet potato. I like to use McClelland's Highland Scotch Whisky, but you can use any whisky/whiskey/bourbon you prefer; a friend told me she even made them with rum. I've also had good luck with making them in advance; arranging them in the dish, adding the syrup, and refrigerating them until it's time to bake them. This dish smells so good while baking: like cinnamon rolls, or the steam from a hot-buttered rum. And they taste almost like a dessert (I think they end up with a firm, custard-like consistency). At my family & friends' request, I now have to make them for every Thanksgiving and holiday meal.
Provided by TigerJo
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Grease a shallow 3qt baking dish; set aside.
- Steam or boil the peeled yams until almost tender; cool and slice into approximately 1 1/2 inch slices (you want them to fit in a the 3qt baking dish in one layer).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small saucepan, simmer brown sugar, syrup, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved and syrup thickens, about 5 minutes; Remove from heat and stir in whisky (or other liquor of choice).
- Drizzle syrup over yams. Cover with aluminum foil (at this point, they may be refrigerated until you're ready to bake them). Bake the yams, basting every 15-20 minutes, until syrup has thickened and absorbed (note: not all the syrup will absorb), about 1 1/4 hours. May be served hot, warm, or at room temperature.
MAPLE BOURBON SWEET POTATO PIE
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. With a fork, pierce sweet potatoes, and place on foil-lined baking sheet. Roast until soft, about 1 hour, turning once. Cool, peel, and put flesh through a food mill, or mash smoothly with a potato masher to make 2 cups of puree.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk puree and remaining ingredients to combine. Pour into prepared crust.
- Place pie plate onto a cookie sheet, and bake until filling is just about set, or when a knife inserted one inch from the edge comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool pie on wire rack to room temperature.
SWEET POTATOES WITH BOURBON AND BROWN SUGAR
These silky mashed sweet potatoes are spiced with cloves, nutmeg and a little black pepper, brightened with lemon zest, and spiked with bourbon (or orange juice, if you'd prefer). Puréeing them in a food processor yields the smoothest, airiest texture, but for something a little more rustic, you could mash them by hand. Whichever you choose, these reheat well, either in a microwave or in a pot over low heat.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, casseroles, vegetables, side dish
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap potatoes in foil, place on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Let rest until cool enough to handle but still warm, then remove the foil and peel off the skins.
- Add sweet potatoes to a food processor, along with butter, brown sugar, bourbon or juice, lemon zest, salt, nutmeg, pepper and cloves. Purée until smooth. (Or, for a chunkier texture, mash them by hand.) Taste and add salt, sugar or both if you like. Serve while still warm or reheat before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 176, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 192 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BOURBON SWEET POTATOES
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a medium pot over moderately high heat, combine the potatoes with enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the butter, bourbon, orange juice, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves and beat on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the pecans on top. Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Serve immediately.
BOURBON SWEET POTATOES
Serve these bourbon-flavored sweet potatoes with our Salt and Pepper Turkey. Place the sweet potatoes in the oven after the turkey has roasted for an hour.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Healthy Recipes Gluten-Free Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange sweet potatoes in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Add sugar and bourbon and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and glazed, 1 to 1 1/2 hours, tossing every 30 minutes. Stir in butter before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 3 g
More about "sweet potatoes with bourbon and maple recipes"
SWEET POTATOES WITH BOURBON AND MAPLE RECIPE | BON …
4/5 (174)Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Stir coffee, maple syrup, sugar, and espresso powder in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil; cook until thickened and reduced by half, 6-7 minutes.
- Remove syrup from heat; add bourbon and 2 tablespoons butter. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce is reduced to about 3/4 cup, 40-45 minutes (mixture should be thick enough to coat a spoon, but not sticky, and will thicken as it cools). Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Sauce can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; chill. Rewarm before serving.
- Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 425°. Melt remaining 7 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan; pour into a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes and oil and season with salt and pepper. Divide potato mixture between 2 large rimmed baking sheets and roast, turning potatoes often and rotating sheets halfway through, until potatoes are tender and start to turn golden brown and crisp around the edges, 30-35 minutes. DO AHEAD Potatoes can be roasted 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm before continuing.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving platter. Drizzle some warm sauce over and sprinkle with almonds; serve remaining sauce along-side for those who want more.
BOURBON MAPLE SWEET POTATOES | IF YOU GIVE A BLONDE A …
Reviews 8Servings 8-10Cuisine AmericanCategory Side Dish
- In a small bowl stir together the bourbon, maple syrup, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice. Gradually add corn starch and stir until the mixture reaches a sauce-like consistency. Set aside and reserve 1/4 cup separate.
- Rinse and scrub sweet potatoes. Cut the ends off and cut the rest of the potatoes into slices about a 1/4-inch thick. Place the sliced sweet potatoes into a large bowl and toss with bourbon-maple mixture (remember to reserve 1/4 cup).
- Let the potatoes soak up some of the sauce as you preheat the oven to 400° F. Spray a 10-inch oval casserole dish or 9x9 baking dish with some nonstick cooking spray.
- Line up the slices in the prepared baking dish. If there is any glaze left in the bowl, pour it over the potatoes in the baking dish. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
RECIPE: SWEET POTATOES WITH BOURBON AND MAPLE - CBS …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SWEET POTATO SKILLET CORNBREAD WITH MAPLE BOURBON BUTTER
25 SWEET AND SAVORY MAPLE SYRUP RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
MAPLE BOURBON BUTTER GIVES SMOKY SWEET POTATOES A DELICIOUS KICK
HASSELBACK SWEET POTATOES - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
CRISPY ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH BOURBON MAPLE BUTTER.
MAPLE SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
MAPLE-BOURBON MASHED SWEET POTATOES | BETTER HOMES …
BOURBON BACON SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH MAPLE RECIPE
HASSELBACK SWEET POTATOES WITH BOURBON-MAPLE BUTTER
MAPLE BOURBON GLAZED PORK CHOPS WITH SCALLOPED SWEET POTATOES
CROCKPOT™ MAPLE BOURBON CANDIED SWEET POTATOES - DASH OF MANDI
BOURBON SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
THE ULTIMATE BOURBON-MAPLE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE …
BOURBON SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH ROASTED MARSHMALLOWS
BOURBON GLAZED SWEET POTATOES - DEEP SOUTH DISH
BOURBON SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
BOURBON MAPLE PECAN SWEET POTATOES - EAT YOURSELF SKINNY
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BOURBON SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
MAPLE-BOURBON CHICKEN WITH GRILLED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE
SMOKED SWEET POTATOES WITH MAPLE BOURBON BUTTER
MAPLE-ROASTED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SWEET POTATO BOURBON BUNDT CAKE - ONE SWEET MESS
MAPLE ROASTED SWEET POTATOES - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
STUPID-EASY RECIPE FOR LOADED BOURBON MAPLE BACON SWEET …
CANDIED SWEET POTATOES WITH BOURBON RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
BOURBON MAPLE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SWEET POTATO BOURBON PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MAPLE BOURBON RIBS WITH SMASHED SWEET POTATOES: TRY THE RECIPE
MAPLE SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MAPLE BOURBON MASHED SWEET POTATOES - THEROASTEDROOT.NET
HASSELBACK SWEET POTATOES WITH BOURBON-MAPLE BUTTER
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES AND BACON - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
CANDIED YAMS WITH BOURBON - THE CHUNKY CHEF
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love