SYLVIA'S SASSY PORK CHOPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse and pat dry the pork.
- Season chops with salt and pepper and let stand 20 minutes, or better yet, overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place chops in a 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the onion.
- In a small bowl, stir together the water and steak sauce and pour over the chops.
- Bake for 1 hour, covered.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the pan drippings (dicard any more than that), the barbecue sauce, sugar and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour over the chops, turning chops to coat in the sauce and now continue to bake UNCOVERED, for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chops and bake 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417.1, Fat 22.5, SaturatedFat 7.6, Cholesterol 112.6, Sodium 1223.7, Carbohydrate 16.7, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 9.6, Protein 35.2
SYLVIA'S WORLD FAMOUS TALKED ABOUT SPARERIBS
- Rub salt, black pepper, and red pepper into ribs. Place in deep baking dish, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour vinegar over the ribs and bake 1 1/2 hours. Rotate ribs 2 or 3 times during cooking.
- Remove ribs from baking dish and place in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cut slabs between bones into individual ribs and place in a baking dish. Spoon sauce over them to coat lightly. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake until heated through- about 20 minutes. Serve with original sauce on the side.
ROSEMARY SHERRY PORK CHOPS
An unbelievably easy and succulent main dish that can be made in one pan. You can substitute the sherry with port wine, if desired. The sauce can also be served as an aromatic gravy over potatoes.
Provided by STACEYO
Categories Braised Pork Chops
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and dredge each pork chop in the mixture, patting lightly to evenly coat each chop.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the chops in the oil for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until well browned. Then add the chicken broth, sherry and the rosemary to taste. Spread the sliced onion over the chops, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Flip the chops, allowing the onion slices to drop down into the liquid. Re-cover, and simmer for 5 more minutes, or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.9 calories, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Cholesterol 59.4 mg, Fat 19.2 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 25.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 205.7 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
SASSY PORK CHOPS
This recipe came from my grandmother. The directions are for baking in the oven, but I have done these in the crock pot as well as they turn out great. These are really good with mashed potatoes. A great comfort food meal. Easy and delicious!
Provided by JillAZ
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Trim pork chops.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat.
- Add chops and brown on both sides.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place browned chops in pan.
- In a glass measuring cup, mix together soup, ketchup, Worcestershire and water.
- Pour over the pork chops.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until done (it will depend on the thickness of the chops).
SALSA SKILLET PORK CHOPS
There's nothing better than turning out a super-quick skillet supper that totally delivers on a meal that'll please the whole family on a busy weeknight. It's a keeper. - Deanna Ellett, Boynton Beach, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides in batches., Return all chops to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 82mg cholesterol, Sodium 548mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SIMPLE TIME PORK CHOPS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Place pork chops in a baking pan. Spread 1 teaspoon of butter over each chop, then spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise on top of butter. Season each chop with seasoning salt, garlic powder, and parsley. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over the top of each chop.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork is slightly pink in the center, about 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.4 calories, Carbohydrate 1.4 g, Cholesterol 90.9 mg, Fat 24.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 24.2 g, SaturatedFat 12.2 g, Sodium 524.6 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
SASSY SOUTHWESTERN PORK CHOPS
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place pork in shallow glass or plastic dish or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Mix broth, lime juice, chili powder and garlic rub on both sides of pork, using back of spoon. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours. Prepare Cilantro-Mint Salsa. Heat coals or gas grill. Place pork on grill sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and grill 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 8 to 11 minutes, turning frequently, for medium doneness (160°). Serve with salsa.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cilantro-Mint Salsa1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (1 cup)1 jalapeño chili, seeded and finely chopped1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves1 tablespoon chopped onion1/2 teaspoon lime juiceMix all ingredients in glass or plastic bowl. Cover and let stand at least 1 hour before serving.1 Serving: Calories 175 (Calories from Fat 70) Fat 8g (Saturated 3g) Cholesterol 65mg Sodium 55mg Carbohydrate 4g (Dietary Fiber 1g) Protein 23g.From "Betty Crocker's Best of Healthy & Hearty Cooking." Text Copyright 1998 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
More about "sylvias sassy pork chops recipes"
SYLVIA'S PORK CHOPS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SYLVIA'S FAMILY SOUL FOOD COOKBOOK: FROM HEMINGWAY, SOUTH …
Reviews 305Format HardcoverAuthor Sylvia Woods
SWEET AND SASSY PORK CHOPS – WELCOME TO ROSEMARIE'S KITCHEN
SYLVIAS SASSY ANGUS BURGER - MENU - SYLVIA'S RESTAURANT - NEW YORK
10 PORK CHOPS IDEAS IN 2021 | PORK CHOPS, PORK, PORK DISHES
SYLVIA'S CANDIED YAMS RECIPE SOUL FOOD - THERESCIPES.INFO
SYLVIA'S SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS - RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
SYLVIA'S SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS | RECIPE GOLDMINE
10 BEST PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORK CHOPS SHEPHERD-STYLE - LIDIA
RECIPE FOR SYLVIA'S SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS - ONLINE RECIPES FROM …
9 EASY BAKE PORK CHOP RECIPES IDEAS | BAKED PORK, BAKED PORK …
FOOD & EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN: SASSY PORK CHOPS - CROCK POT RECIPE
SWEET SASSY CARAMELIZED APPLE-ONION PORK CHOPS
SYLVIA'S SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS - EAT2FIT.COM
SASSY PORK CHOPS RECIPE | CHAMPSDIET.COM
RECIPE: SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS FROM SYLVIA'S - CBS NEW …
CROCKPOT PORK CHOPS & RICE RECIPE | SOUTHERN SASSY MAMA
SYLVIA'S SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS | AMY NEZOVICH | COPY ME THAT
SASSY PORK CHOPS - MASTERCOOK
11 PORK CHOP RECIPES IDEAS IN 2022 | PORK CHOP RECIPES, CHOPS …
SWEET AND SASSY PORK CHOPS – ROSEMARIE'S KITCHEN
SYLVIA'S PORK TAMALES | PUNCHFORK
6 JUICY PORK CHOP RECIPES READY IN UNDER 40 MINUTES
MENU - SYLVIA'S RESTAURANT
58 PORK CHOPS IDEAS | PORK, PORK CHOPS, PORK RECIPES
QUICK AND SASSY PORK CHOPS - PLAIN.RECIPES
SASSY PORK CHOPS | RECIPE | BEST PORK CHOP RECIPE, SLOW COOKER …
PORK CHOPS WITH ONION & CAPER SAUCE | SYLVIA'S FOOD
SASSY PORK STEAK RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
SASSY SOUTHERN PORK CHOPS RECIPE BY GREGS - COOKEATSHARE
♥ SYLVIA’S TWO-INGREDIENT PORK CHOPS | SKINNY FIBER BLOG
SWEET AND SASSY PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE - RECEIPES FOOD
SASSY PORK CHOPS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pork chops with flour and salt?Trim excess fat from the edges of the pork chops. Sprinkle each with some of the 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Season 2 cups flour with the remaining 1 tablespoon salt and pepper. Dredge chops in the flour until coated on all sides, shaking off excess flour.
How do I cook pork chops in vegetable oil?Trim excess fat from the edges of the pork chops. Sprinkle each with some of the 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Season 2 cups flour with the remaining 1 tablespoon salt and pepper. Dredge chops in the flour until coated on all sides, shaking off excess flour. Pour the vegetable oil in a deep, heavy skillet, such as cast iron, over medium-high heat.
How do you fry pork chops in a cast iron skillet?Dredge chops in the flour until coated on all sides, shaking off excess flour. Pour the vegetable oil in a deep, heavy skillet, such as cast iron, over medium-high heat. When the oil begins to shake slightly, add as many pork chops as will fit without crowding.