HOTDISH (TATER TOT CASSEROLE)
Hotdish is an easy, one-dish dinner often served in Minnesota at such large gatherings as family reunions, potlucks or church suppers. Don't be turned off by its humble appearance; the combination of cream of mushroom soup, corn, green beans, beef and a delightful crispy potato topping (the more taters, the better!) is universally likeable.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Add the beef to the onions and cook until the meat is brown, stirring and scraping the bottom of the skillet to release the yummy brown bits, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the beef and onion mixture from the skillet into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Scatter the green beans and corn evenly on top. Spread the cream of mushroom soup over top and top with frozen potato tots. Bake uncovered for 1 hour; the potato tots should be golden brown. Serve.
TATER TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- Line up the tater tots in a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and onion and cook, breaking the sausage up with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly, then sprinkle it over the tater tots.
- In a large bowl, mix the milk, half-and-half, seasoned salt, cayenne, eggs, bell peppers, half of both cheeses and some salt and pepper. Pour over the tots and sausage mixture, then top with the rest of the cheese. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake, covered, for about 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is brown and bubbly and the casserole is cooked through, another 20 to 35 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
EASY TATER TOT® CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a skillet over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly, 7 to 10 minutes. Spread beef into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Stir cream of mushroom soup, potato nuggets, and Cheddar cheese together in a large bowl until potato nuggets are evenly coated in soup and cheese. Spread potato nugget mixture over beef mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle paprika and parsley flakes over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.5 calories, Carbohydrate 22.8 g, Cholesterol 82.4 mg, Fat 32.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 1077.2 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
QUICK TATER TOTS BAKE
I like to make this Tater Tot casserole when time before supper is short. If we have unexpected company, I just double the ingredients and use a 13x9-in. pan. I call it my Please Stay Casserole! -Jean Ferguson, Elverta, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper. , Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots. Combine soup and milk; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 570 calories, Fat 35g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 1357mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
TATER TOT CASSEROLES
Ground beef, sausage and cheese make this tater tot casserole with green beans a crowd-pleaser. Cayenne pepper and hot Italian sausage give it a pleasant kick. -Ryan Jones, Chillicothe, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, beans, corn, 1 cup cheese, milk, garlic powder, seasoned salt and cayenne. Transfer to 2 greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese., Cover and freeze 1 casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbly, 5-10 minutes longer., To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. , Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbly, 5-10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370 calories, Fat 22g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 48mg cholesterol, Sodium 1085mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
I grew up enjoying this dish. My mother always saw smiles around the table whenever she served it!-Victoria Mitchell, Salem, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in salt and pepper. , Spoon mixture into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Spread with soup. Top with frozen potatoes. Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 calories, Fat 20g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 59mg cholesterol, Sodium 1040mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
TATER TOT CASSEROLE
I first ate this hot dish, a Midwestern favorite, on a late fall evening in the humid kitchen of the cook and television star Molly Yeh, at her farmhouse in Minnesota. The casserole accompanied venison, lefse and talk of the sugar beet harvest outside. I thrilled to the cream-beefy, umami-strong flavors that sat beneath its golden, cobbled exterior, and I loved the way the potatoes soaked up the gravy that pooled below the venison. You could substitute other ground meats for the beef, and other frozen vegetables for the peas or corn, but the tots are mandatory, and I do love the addition of cheese at the end.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories dinner, casseroles, vegetables, main course
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Make the creamed soup: In a large pot, melt 6 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery, half the onion and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for another minute. Add half the milk and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the remaining milk and cook, stirring, until very thick. Stir in the broth base, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a heat-safe bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out the pot and set it back over medium-high heat. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, then add the remaining onion and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned. Stir in the peas or corn and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, drain and discard any excess liquid from the beef mixture. Transfer half the mixture to a 4-quart casserole dish and spread it out evenly. Spread half the creamed soup mixture on top. (It can be tricky to spread the soup over the beef, but it's OK if it gets messy and mixes together a little bit.)
- Add the remaining beef mixture on top in an even layer, and spread the remaining creamed soup mixture on top. Cover with Tater Tots, sprinkle with another pinch of salt and pepper, then with cheese, if using.
- Bake until the tots are golden brown and crispy on top, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with ketchup, if using.
TATER TOTS® CASSEROLE
My family loves this casserole. It is easy to prepare and makes enough for two meals. Serve with a crisp salad and fresh pineapple for a complete meal your family will love!
Provided by Kristy
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 13x9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 20 potato nuggets in the casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot skillet until beef is completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Season beef mixture with 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Stir cream of mushroom soup, milk, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
- Smash the warmed potato nuggets in the casserole dish to cover the bottom completely. Spread ground beef mixture over the mashed potato nuggets. Pour soup mixture evenly over the beef layer. Top with remaining potato nuggets and sprinkle 1 cup Cheddar cheese evenly over the nuggets.
- Bake in preheated oven until casserole is bubbly and potatoes golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439.5 calories, Carbohydrate 34.4 g, Cholesterol 60.6 mg, Fat 27.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 1130.9 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
TATER TOTS(R) CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook and stir ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink and completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes; season with salt and black pepper. Stir cream of mushroom soup into the cooked ground beef; pour the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Layer tater tots evenly over the ground beef mixture; top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake until tater tots are golden brown and hot, 30 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.1 calories, Carbohydrate 16.9 g, Cholesterol 65.1 mg, Fat 23.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 18.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 700.2 mg, Sugar 1 g
COWBOY CASSEROLE (TATER TOT CASSEROLE) RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain grease, then stir in the corn, soup, 1/2 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, and seasonings.
- Pour beef mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Top with frozen tater tots (try to keep them in a single layer) and then sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and tater tots are thoroughly cooked.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466 kcal, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 28 g, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Cholesterol 76 mg, Sodium 1064 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
More about "tater tot casserole recipes"
9 FAMILY-FRIENDLY TATER TOT CASSEROLES | ALLRECIPES
Author Carl HansonEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
TATER TOT CASSEROLE | ALLRECIPES
30 EASY TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPES - COUNTRY LIVING
THE BEST BAKED TATER TOT CASSEROLE | FAVORITE FAMILY …
10 BEST TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SUPER EASY TATER TOT CASSEROLE – OUR HOME MADE EASY
TATER TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
THE BEST TATER TOT CASSEROLE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
10 BEST CHICKEN TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TATER …
TATER TOPPED CASSEROLE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
TATER TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
BEST TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
TATER TOT CASSEROLE - SIMPLY STACIE
TATER TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
TATER TOT CASSEROLE (NO CANNED SOUP!) - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
TATER TOT CASSEROLE (HOTDISH) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
SLOPPY JOE TATER TOT CASSEROLE – PHITIP RECIPES
TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
15 DELICIOUS TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPES
TATER TOT CASSEROLE - 1 RECIPES | NIFTYRECIPE.COM
CLASSIC TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE | TASTES OF LIZZY T
TOP 10 TATER TOT RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
COWBOY TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE COWBOY …
TATER TOT CASSEROLE - CASSEROLE RECIPES
BEST EVER TATER TOT CASSEROLE - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - KAY CHUN | FOOD & WINE
EASY CHEESY TATER TOT CASSEROLE WITH GROUND BEEF (EASY DINNER …
TATER TOT CASSEROLE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
OUR BEST TATER TOT CASSEROLE – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
SAUSAGE EGG AND CHEESE TATER TOT CASSEROLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GRANDMA'S TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE | BUNS IN MY OVEN
CLASSIC TATER TOT CASSEROLE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BACON CHEESEBURGER TATER TOT CASSEROLE – KING RECIPES
TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
15 EASY TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR DINNER - MOMSHEALTH.CO
#course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #casseroles #main-dish #beef #vegetables #oven #easy #beginner-cook #potluck #kid-friendly #dietary #one-dish-meal #toddler-friendly #meat #greens #to-go #equipment
You'll also love