Take down the temperature of a classic hot toddy in this easy, cooling rye cocktail.
Provided by Andy Baraghani
Categories Bon Appétit Cocktail Punch Tea Iced Tea Whiskey Rye Cinnamon Ginger Orange Lemon Citrus Spice Honey Drinks Drink Dairy Free Christmas Christmas Eve Fall Winter Thanksgiving New Year's Eve Holiday 2018
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest from orange and 1 lemon in wide strips, leaving white pith behind; slice fruit in half. Squeeze juice from orange into a small bowl (you should have about 1/4 cup). Squeeze juice from lemon into a measuring glass. Slice remaining lemons in half and squeeze juice into glass to measure 1 cup total; save any remaining lemon halves for another use. Set orange and lemon juice aside.
- Place zest in a small saucepan. Whack cinnamon sticks with the side of a chef's knife to break up a little and add to saucepan along with smashed ginger, tea bags, cloves, and 1 3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat; let sit 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, then stir in honey; let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Strain tea mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher and add rye, bitters, and reserved orange juice and lemon juice. Add 2 cups ice and stir until ice is melted and toddy is very cold.
- To serve, pour toddy into tumblers filled with ice and garnish with ginger slices and orange twists.
- Do Ahead
- Tea mixture can be made 3 days ahead; cover and chill. Toddy can be made 1 day ahead; cover and chill.
Soothing and comforting, this drink is a great way to wrap up an evening of entertaining. Although it contains alcohol, the taste is smooth. You'll want to enjoy it in moderation.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 serving.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a tea cup, combine the tea, liqueur, sugar and Scotch. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205 calories, Fat 6g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 7mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
HOT TEA TODDY
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 drink
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a coffee mug, place the tea bag, Scotch, and honey. Add enough boiling water (about 3/4 cup) to fill the mug. Add the cinnamon and lemon, and steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bag and cinnamon stick.
- Sprinkle lightly with the nutmeg and serve.
No booze required for this soothing green tea toddy. But if you do want an extra dose of warmth, we like this with smoky mezcal.
Provided by Anna Stockwell
Categories Bon Appétit Drink Hot Drink Drinks Cocktail Tea Lemon Mint Honey Mezcal Non-Alcoholic Alcoholic Vegetarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Soy Free Tree Nut Free Peanut Free Winter
Yield 10-12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a medium pot. Remove from heat and add tea bags, honey, and 6 mint sprigs. Cover and let sit 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove tea bags and mint, gently pressing with a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Meanwhile, slice 4 lemons in half and squeeze juice into a small bowl. Slice remaining 2 lemons into rounds; remove seeds. Add lemon juice, lemon slices, and remaining 6 mint sprigs to hot toddy. Ladle into mugs.
Make and share this Tea Toddy recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Calee
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Make tea, steep.
- Measure 3/4 cup tea pour in mug.
- Add baileys and a splash of whisky.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119.6, Fat 4.9, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 18, Sodium 29.3, Carbohydrate 6.6, Sugar 6.2, Protein 0.9
More about "tea toddy recipes"
BLACK TEA HOT TODDY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (64)Total Time 10 minsCategory Beverage, CocktailCalories 217 per serving
COOKIN' CANUCK - HOT RUM & GINGER TEA TODDY RECIPE
CLASSIC HOT TODDY RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
EASY HOT TODDY WITH HONEY AND LEMON - INSPIRED TASTE
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY HOT TODDY RECIPE WITH TEA
5/5 (2)Total Time 12 minsCategory DrinksCalories 146 per serving
HOT TODDY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
10 HOT TODDY RECIPES THAT DON’T USE WHISKEY | VINEPAIR
TEA HOT TODDY RECIPE - THE GILDED TEAPOT
CARROT TOP TODDY RECIPE FROM LEGENDARY BARTENDER JIM MEEHAN
LAURA'S BOTANICAL TODDY | HOT TODDY TEA RECIPE | BHT
TEA HOT TODDY WITH BOURBON - SICK DAY COCKTAIL - CHAMPAGNE …
HOT BUTTERED RUM AND TEA TODDY RECIPE - LUZIANNE TEA
HOT TODDY RECIPE WITH TEA - BEST HOT TODDY RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE HOT TODDY TEA | BEST HOT TODDY RECIPES - TEALEAVZ
HOT TODDY RECIPE: OUR TEA TIME TODDY | COUPLE IN THE KITCHEN
HOT TEA TODDY: THE ULTIMATE HOT TODDY RECIPE WITH TEA - THRILLIST
HOT TODDY RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
TODDY COLD BREW COFFEE AND TEA RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS
ALL | TODDY COLD BREW COFFEE
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT HOT TODDY WITH TEA | ARTFULTEA
TEA HOT TODDYS – SMITH TEAMAKER
HOW TO MAKE A TEA HOT TODDY! – GOOD LIFE TEA
BEST HOT TODDY RECIPE | WITH TEA & FOR COLDS - TRAVEL • EAT
HOT TEA TODDY | EMERILS.COM
GREEN TEA HOT TODDY - JELLY TOAST
TEA TODDY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
CHAI TEA TODDY - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
HOW TO MAKE A 'COLD TODDY' WHISKEY ICED TEA | WINE ENTHUSIAST
TEA HOT TODDY RECIPE | KITCHN
10 WARM AND COZY HOT TODDY RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
PEPPERMINT WHISKY TWIST TEA TODDY - SOBEYS INC.
MAPLE BOURBON TEA TODDY RECIPE - LUZIANNE TEA
CLASSIC HOT TODDY RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE A HOT TODDY DRINK
TEA HOT TODDY WITH GINGER • SERENDIPITY BY SARA LYNN
THE BEST HOT TODDY TEA RECIPE | ORGANIC FACTS
BEST HOT TODDY CUPCAKE RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
JAMAICAN TEA TODDY – PALATABLE PASTIME PALATABLE PASTIME
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #beverages #easy #cocktails #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #taste-mood #number-of-servings
You'll also love