Treat family and friends to a comforting treacle tart with crumbly pastry and rich filling. A classic British dessert, serve with ice cream or clotted cream
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Serves 10
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sieve the flour and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and rub together with your fingers to a fine breadcrumb-like texture (you can also do this part in a food processor). Stir though the icing sugar, then quickly add the egg yolks and 2 tbsp water, mixing swiftly with a cutlery knife to combine. Form into a ball (add another tbsp water if you need to), wrap and chill for 30 mins. Roll out to the thickness of a pound coin, and line a 22cm fluted tart tin with the pastry, leaving an overhang. Return to the fridge for 30 mins.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put a baking sheet into the oven to heat up. Line the pastry case with baking parchment and baking beans, then put in the oven on the baking sheet, and bake for 15 mins. Remove the parchment and bake for a further 10 mins or until the pastry is golden brown. Leave the pastry to cool before trimming off the overhanging edges with a small serrated knife.
- Lower the oven temperature to 160C/140C fan/gas 4. Combine the golden syrup, ginger, ginger syrup, lemon, eggs and breadcrumbs in a bowl, briefly whisking everything together until combined. Carefully pour the filling into the pastry case put in the lower part of the oven to bake for 35-40 mins or until the filling is just set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool down for 20 mins before serving with ice cream or thick clotted cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 62 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 39 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.68 milligram of sodium
Any Harry Potter fan knows what this is. I finally procured the recipe from an British friend of mine. I know I can now find 'Lyle's Golden Syrup' in the grocery store along with the pancake syrups. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Provided by OCEANVIXEN79
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Press the pie crust pastry evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Mix the syrup, cream, bread crumbs, lemon zest, and lemon juice together in a bowl; pour into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is set, 35 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309.9 calories, Carbohydrate 52.1 g, Cholesterol 10.2 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 244 mg, Sugar 12 g
EASY TREACLE TART
Enjoy this treacle tart recipe. It is so easy to make and you will you be glad you did. It makes a lovely pudding or an afternoon tea treat.
Provided by Elaine Lemm
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat the oven to 350 F/180 C/Gas 4.
- Serve with either crème fraiche or vanilla ice cream, which balance the sweetness of the tart very well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458 kcal, Carbohydrate 72 g, Cholesterol 145 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 345 mg, Sugar 51 g, Fat 16 g, ServingSize 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
- In a bowl, rub the butter into the flour with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the egg with a knife, then knead on a clean, lightly dusted work surface to form a smooth dough.
- Use the dough to line a 23cm/9in loose-bottomed tart tin, prick the base all over with a fork and leave to rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Line the pastry with parchment paper and weigh down with rice or ceramic baking beans. Bake the pastry blind for 10-15 minutes, remove the paper and rice or beans and return the pastry case to the oven for a few minutes more, until light golden-brown.
- For the filling, mix together the filling ingredients in a bowl and pour into the pastry case. Return to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold with clotted cream or double cream.
TRADITIONAL TREACLE TART
- For the Shortcrust Pastry:Place the flour and salt in a food processor and pulse to blend. Next add the cold butter and lard. Pulse a few more times until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the water a little at a time, pulsing between additions, until the mixture begins to come together. DO NOT over-mix the dough or the pastry crust will be tough and won't be flaky.The mixture is done when it resembles large streusel-like crumbs and when you take some and press it between your fingers it will hold together.Form the dough into a ball, flatten into a 1-inch thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using. (The shortcrust pastry can be refrigerated for a few days or frozen for up to 3 months.)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.Roll out the pastry dough. I find it easiest to roll it out on to plastic wrap, it makes transferring it to the tart pan easy. Roll the pastry dough out so that there's a little excess around all sides of the tart pan (it will shrink when baked). You will need a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom (also commonly called quiche pans).Carefully place the pastry crust into the tart pan and pierce it multiple times with a fork.Line the pastry crust with parchment paper and fill it with dried beans or similar.Place the tart on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.Remove the beans and parchment paper and continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the crust is a very pale golden.
- For the treacle filling: While the shortcrust is baking prepare the filling.Place the golden syrup, lemon zest and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Heat the syrup until hot and runny and then stir in the breadcrumbs. Turn off the heat and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.Lightly beat the egg and cream together with a fork. Pour the egg/cream mixture into the saucepan with the treacle mixture and stir quickly to combine.Pour the hot mixture into the tart crust.Place the tart on the middle shelf of the oven (still heated at 375 degreesF) and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the filling is nicely browned.Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool.
- Treacle tart is traditionally served warm with clotted cream, whipped cream, or custard. You can also serve it with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 kcal, Carbohydrate 65 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Cholesterol 47 mg, Sodium 227 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 43 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Prepare the pastry as for pie crust and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out for a 9 inch tart pan. Reserve the scraps. Trim the edges and retain the scraps.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the oats, zest, and ginger, and sprinkle half in the pastry. Pour on the syrup and lemon juice and sprinkle rest of oat mixture on top.
- Roll out any remaining pastry and cut strips to lay a trellis over the tart if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot or cold.
More about "treacle tart recipes"
TREACLE AND LEMON TART | DESSERT RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
TREACLE TART | UNCATEGORISED RECIPES | JAMIE MAGAZINE
TREACLE TART RECIPE – TIMMYSPIES.COM
TREACLE TART - EASY, TASTY, LOW COST DESSERT - PENNY'S RECIPES
SCOTTISH TREACLE TART RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
HOW TO MAKE TREACLE TART: HARRY POTTER’S FAVORITE DESSERT!
MARY BERRY’S TREACLE TART RECIPE - BBC FOOD
TREACLE TART RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
ULTIMATE TREACLE TART RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
TREACLE TART – LUCY'S FRIENDLY FOODS
TREACLE TART | CANADIAN LIVING
EASY TREACLE TART RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
TRADITIONAL TREACLE TART - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
EASY TREACLE TART RECIPE TO TEMPT YOUR TASTEBUDS - WOMAN ON THIN …
: TREACLE TARTS RECIPE: AS SEEN ON CTV - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
GLUTEN FREE TREACLE TART - THE DARING GOURMET
HOW TO MAKE TREACLE TART, AKA HARRY POTTER’S FAVORITE DESSERT
A RECIPE FOR TREACLE TART: A RECIPE THAT HARRY POTTER WOULD …
EASY TREACLE TART RECIPE | OLD SCHOOL RECIPE - KITCHENMASON
MINI TREACLE TART RECIPE (HARRY POTTER’S FAVORITE)
LYLE'S EASY TREACLE TART RECIPE | LYLE GOLDEN SYRUP
HOW TO MAKE TREACLE TART – RECIPE | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
CLASSIC TREACLE TART RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
EASY TREACLE TART RECIPE FOR HARRY POTTER FOODIES
EASY TREACLE TART RECIPE (HARRY POTTER INSPIRED)
ULTIMATE TREACLE TART - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
RECIPES – TREACLE & THE TART
TREACLE TART HARRY POTTER RECIPE - WHAT IS A TREACLE TART
SHAUN RANKIN'S ULTIMATE TREACLE TART
EASY MINI TREACLE TARTS, A DELIGHTFUL BRITISH DESSERT
TREACLE TART RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HARRY POTTER'S FAVORITE TREACLE TART RECIPE - THE PROTEGO …
TREACLE TART | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT TREACLE TART | DESSERT | THE GUARDIAN
CLASSIC TREACLE TART RECIPE - CHEF JAMES OAKLEY
CLASSIC STEAMED TREACLE PUDDING RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
TREACLE TART | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
THE TREACLE TART HARRY POTTER WOULD LOVE - PEANUT BLOSSOM
RECIPE: TREACLE TART | MARCUS WAREING RESTAURANTS
HOW TO MAKE A MARMALADE TREACLE TART | TESCO REAL FOOD
HARRY POTTER'S FAVORITE TREACLE TART RECIPE - THEFOODXP
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #pies-and-tarts #tarts #desserts #european #english #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something
You'll also love