ULTIMATE MUD PIE
- 1 Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9-inch pie pan.
- 2 To make the crust, combine the crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a medium bowl until moistened. Press firmly and evenly into the pie pan. Bake until the crust is set and smells like warm cookies, about 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- 3 To make the filling, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat 2 1/2 cups of the half-and-half, the sugar, and the salt, stirring often to dissolve the sugar, until simmering. Pour into a heatproof bowl. Rinse out the saucepan.
- 4 In a small bowl, sprinkle the cornstarch over the remaining 1/2 cup half-and-half and whisk until dissolved. Whisk the yolks in a medium bowl, and gradually whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Gradually whisk in the hot half-and-half mixture and return to the rinsed-out saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a flat wooden spatula (to keep the mixture from scorching), until it comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the mixture bubble, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate, butter, and vanilla, and whisk until the chocolate melts completely. Strain through a wire sieve into a clean bowl.
- 5 Pour the filling into the cooled crust and press plastic wrap directly on the filling to keep a skin from forming. Let cool completely. Refrigerate until the filling is chilled and set, at least 2 hours.
- 6 To make the topping, whip the cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla in a chilled medium bowl with an electric mixer set on high speed until stiff. Uncover the pie. Spread and swirl the topping over the filling. (If you wish, transfer the whipped cream to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe the cream onto the pie.) Sprinkle pie with cookie crumbs. Slice and serve chilled.
- Melt butter. Grind cookie crumbs in a food processor. Add butter to crumbs to make a formable consistency. Press into a very large pie pan leaving a slight mound in the center and the crust going all the way up on edge. Freeze the crust for several hours. Pack ice cream into a mixing bowl the same diameter as the pie pan. Freeze the ice cream in the bowl for several hours. Invert the ice cream onto the crust and work the ice cream out of the bowl. Pour fudge sauce on top of the mud pie. Cover with plastic and freeze again. Cut into slices to serve. Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
BEST MUD PIE
- Freeze the crust until firm, about 30 minutes. Place half the coffee ice cream into a bowl, and let it stand about 10 minutes to soften. Return remaining ice cream to the freezer. Mix softened ice cream with the mini chocolate chips. Spread the ice cream and chips in an even layer over the frozen crust. Cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for 2 hours.
- Heat the topping in the microwave on low until warm and easy to pour, 30 seconds to 1 minute (do not let the sauce get very hot). Pour into a bowl. Set aside 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs for garnish; stir remaining cookie crumbs into the fudge topping. Remove the pie from the freezer, and layer the cookie crumbs and fudge topping mixture over the ice cream with chips. Cover with plastic wrap, and return to freezer for 2 hours.
- Take the remaining frozen coffee ice cream out of the freezer, and allow to stand for about 10 minutes to soften. Layer the ice cream over the layer of cookie crumbs and fudge topping. Cover with plastic wrap, and return to freezer for 2 more hours.
- Remove pie, and frost the top of the pie with the whipped topping. Top with the reserved cookie crumbs. Cover with plastic wrap, and return to freezer for 2 more hours to freeze the whipped topping layer. Cut the pie into serving pieces, and drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate syrup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 680.5 calories, Carbohydrate 89.5 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Fat 34.5 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 7.2 g, SaturatedFat 18.5 g, Sodium 330.3 mg, Sugar 65.6 g
This dessert, while really sophisticated but oh-so-very-good, is a godsend, in all sorts of ways. First of all, this recipe makes two pies, one of which you can store in the freezer, all ready to serve whenever you need it. Second, the pies are simple to make. Finally, in just this one dessert are three things most of us love when it comes to treats: Oreos, coffee ice cream and fudge sauce. What could be better than that?
Provided by Food Network
Yield Makes two 9-inch pies
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the crushed Oreos and melted butter in a large bowl with a fork. Press the mixture evenly into two 9-inch pie plates.
- Spread the softened coffee ice cream into the pies over the crusts so that you have at least 1 1/2 inches of ice cream. Place in the freezer.
- Combine the fudge topping ingredients in a medium-size heavy saucepan. Stir over low heat until completely melted and combined. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- When the ice cream is really solid (about 3 hours or overnight), pour the frudge topping evenly over each pie. Wrap with plastic wrap and freeze again until the topping is solid. To store them after they are frozen, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminmum foil to keep them fresh.
MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE
This southern favorite is one my family can never get enough of and there are never any leftovers. My grandmother, mother and aunts always made this recipe for family gatherings. Now I make it for everyone because it's so easy to prepare and everyone loves it! -Elizabeth Williston, Thibodaux, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat flour, pecans and butter until blended. Press into the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; cool completely. , Make chocolate pudding according to package directions; let stand 5 minutes. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust. Spread pudding over cream cheese layer; top with remaining whipped topping. If desired, top with additional pecans and chocolate curls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466 calories, Fat 29g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 214mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (28g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: nonstick cooking spray, chocolate wafer cookies, unsalted butter, dark chocolate, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, kosher salt, vanilla extract, large eggs, all purpose flour, granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, all purpose flour, kosher salt, large egg yolks, whole milk, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, heavy cream
Provided by Rie McClenny
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan with nonstick spray and line the sides with a strip of parchment paper, trimming it flush with the top of the pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are evenly moistened. Transfer the crumbs to the prepared pan and use the bottom of a measuring cup to press them into an even layer over the bottom of the pan. Set the pan aside while you make the brownie layer.
- Make the brownie layer: In a large glass bowl, combine the chocolate and butter and microwave on high power, 30 seconds or until melted and smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and eggs until lightened in color and foamy, about 1 minute. Pour in the melted chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth. Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter over the crust in the pan and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted halfway between the center and the edge comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the pudding layer: In a medium saucepan, whisk together the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, flour, and salt until combined. Add the egg yolks and a splash of the milk and stir until it the mixture forms a thick, smooth paste. Add the remaining milk and whisk until smooth. Set the pan over medium heat and cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture starts to bubble and thicken, 8-10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, and add the butter and vanilla and stir until the butter has melted and the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- When the brownie layer is ready, transfer the pan to a wire rack, pour the warm pudding over the brownie layer, and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula. Let cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or up to 1 day.
- When ready to serve, whisk the chilled cream in a medium bowl until it forms stiff peaks.
- Remove the pie from the refrigerator. Remove the outer ring of the springform pan, then peel away and discard the strip of parchment paper and set the pie on a serving plate. Spread the whipped cream over the top of the pie, and dust with additional cocoa powder. Serve the pie chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1027 calories, Carbohydrate 95 grams, Fat 70 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 14 grams, Sugar 68 grams
MUD PIE I
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a pie plate well.
- Combine sugar and butter or margarine in a mixing bowl. Blend in vanilla, salt, and beaten eggs. Stir in flour and cocoa . Stir in nuts. Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Immediately prick holes in pie; spread fudge sauce over top. Cool.
- Beat cold whipping cream and confectioners' sugar in a chilled bowl until peaks form; spread over fudge sauce. Drizzle pie with additional fudge sauce. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 554.7 calories, Carbohydrate 56.2 g, Cholesterol 117.8 mg, Fat 35.2 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 16.3 g, Sodium 211.3 mg, Sugar 32.2 g
More about "ultimate mud pie recipes"
CLASSIC MUD PIE - A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
ULTIMATE MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE - NO FAIL RECIPES
ULTIMATE MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 595 per serving
BEST MUD PIE RECIPE - ALLRECIPES.COM | MUD PIE RECIPE, BEST MUD …
BEST MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE RECIPE WITHOUT NUTS - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST MUD PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE | VERY BEST BAKING
HOW TO MAKE MUD PIE DESSERT - SWEET NECTAR DESSERT KITCHEN ...
ULTIMATE MUD PIE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | RECIPES, MUD PIE …
ULTIMATE FROZEN MUD PIE DESSERT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THE ULTIMATE MISSISSIPPI CHOCOLATE MUD PIE - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
BEST MUD PIE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE | RICH, DECADENT, & MADE WITH AN OREO CRUST
FROZEN MUD PIE RECIPE WITH OREO CRUST | LIL' LUNA
MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE RECIPE | GIRL VERSUS DOUGH
THE BEST MUD PIE RECIPE | ICE CREAM CAKE • THE FRESH …
ALMOST NO BAKE ULTIMATE MUD PIE RECIPE - BEST CRAFTS AND RECIPES
MUD PIE CLEARANCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST MILE HIGH MUD PIE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
BEST MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE MISSISSIPPI MUD …
BEST EVER MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE RECIPE | SUGAR & SOUL
THE BEST MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE RECIPE - FROM THIS KITCHEN TABLE
THE BEST EASTER MUD PIE - ALL THINGS MOTHERLY
MUD DUCK PIE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ULTIMATE MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE - 5* TRENDING RECIPES WITH VIDEOS
BEST MUD PIE - ICE CREAM PIE RECIPES
BEST MUD PIE | RECIPE CART
TRADITIONAL MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HOW TO MAKE A MUD PIE DESSERT - SWEET NECTAR DESSERT KITCHEN ...
BEST MUD PIE | RECIPE | BEST MUD PIE RECIPE, MUD PIE, CHOCOLATE …
ULTIMATE MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE RECIPE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE WITH OREO CRUST (ALMOST NO BAKE ... - CARLSBAD …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a mud pie?This Mud Pie only takes a few minutes to make, but it is simply divine. With a cookie crumb crust, creamy ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream, it is a perfect summer dessert! For crust, preheat oven to 350°. Finely crush Oreo cookies in a food processor. Add the melted butter and mix till well combined.
What is the best filling for mud pie?The pie, of course! There are so many variations to mud pie out there. Some use mocha ice cream, chocolate chip ice cream, or even a chocolate pudding filling. But personally, I think this recipe for Classic Mud Pie is the real winner. The crunch of the cookie crust, the soft ice cream center, the rich homemade fudge and fluffy whipped cream.
What does mud pie taste like?It has all the wonderful flavors of a chocolatey ice cream treat, but is dressed up as a fully loaded pie. It’s thick, silky, and packed with chocolate cookies, ice cream, fudge, and of course, whipped cream. Who could say no to this recipe? Classic Mud Pie is one of those timeless desserts that every cook needs in their recipe collection.
What are the ingredients in Mississippi Mud Pie?Mississippi Mud Pie Ingredients 1 Flour 2 Granulated sugar 3 Butter, melted 4 Pecans, optional 5 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding (3.4 ounces each) 6 Milk 7 Heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and cornstarch OR Cool Whip 8 Cream Cheese at room temperature 9 Powdered sugar