CHEF JOHN'S LEMON BARS
This is one of my favorite cookies of all time, although technically they're closer to a pie than a cookie. Nothing prepares you for that intense, awesome sweet-tart lemon flavor and custard, perfectly contrasted against that crisp, sweet buttery shortbread cookie.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place an oven rack into middle position in oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Place 1 cup flour and butter in a mixing bowl and mash with the back of a spatula or wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. Mix in 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, and salt; mash mixture together until mixture looks like a slightly crumbly cookie dough.
- Moisten your fingers with a little water and press dough into bottom of prepared baking dish. Use a fork to prick holes all over the crust.
- Bake crust on center rack in the preheated oven until crust edges are barely golden brown, 22 minutes.
- Beat eggs and egg yolks together in a bowl; whisk in white sugar and 2 tablespoons flour until smooth. Add lemon juice and lemon zest; whisk for 2 minutes. Pour lemon custard over crust.
- Bake on center rack until custard is set and top has a thin white sugary crust, 25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Dip knife into very hot water, run around the edge, and cut into 16 squares. Dust cookies with 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 153 calories, Carbohydrate 21.8 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 46.6 mg, Sugar 14.8 g
UNCLE WIGGLY BARS
Don't let the name throw you... These squares aren't wiggly! If you're looking for an easy square to make, and crave something with oatmeal, these are just the squares to try!
Provided by MapleLeafLili Hill
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 1 10x14 inch cookie sheet
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease a cookie sheet with 1/4 inch sides, by spraying with Pam cooking spray.
- Boil together the butter with the brown sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Stirring constantly until the brown sugar and butter are no longer seperate, but come together like caramel sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, place the quick cooking rolled oats, and the pinch of salt.
- Pour the carmel sauce over the oats and stir until well combined.
- Dump the oat mixture onto the greased cookie sheet and spread out evenly, pressing into the pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the edges just lightly brown, DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- As soon as the squares are removed from the oven, use a metal spatula (or pancake flipper) and score the squares, (cut through them into the sizes you will be serving.) If you do not score the bars, you can not cut them later or they fall apart.
- (Many old-timer's remember this recipe as one their mothers made when they were little kids).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4127.9, Fat 204.5, SaturatedFat 120.2, Cholesterol 488.1, Sodium 1604.6, Carbohydrate 538.9, Fiber 31.8, Sugar 322.9, Protein 53.8
UNCLE BILL'S CHOCO BARS
A very nice dessert cookie type snack that young people just love. This recipe goes back many years and has been a family favorite.
Provided by William Uncle Bill
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt and crunchy peanut butter.
- Add butter and shortening and using a pastry blender, blend until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg and vanilla extract; whisk until smooth.
- Add egg/vanilla mixture to flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Press mixture into a 10" x 15" cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 15 minutes.
- FROSTING: In a 4 cup measure, add chocolate chips and microwave on medium-high for 2 minutes.
- Stir well and microwave on medium-high for another 1 minute.
- Remove and stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Add butter and coconut and stir until well combined.
- Spread over warm base.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408.3, Fat 26.3, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 43.7, Sodium 212.1, Carbohydrate 41.2, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 24.1, Protein 5
More about "uncle wiggly bars recipes"
47 OF THE BEST DESSERT BAR RECIPES - PILLSBURY.COM
UNCLE WIGGLY'S HOT SHOES BLUES BAND - AMAZON.CA
Format LP Record
UNCLE WIGGLYS WEINERS - ZMENU
UPTOWN PEPSI BAR — UNCLE WIGGLY | LAST.FM
LOGAN PETTIS UNCLE WIGGLY'S SHIRT - PROWRESTLINGTEES.COM
UNCLE WIGGLY | EBAY
HOME - HUMAN DEFENSE
UNCLE WIGGILY - WIKIPEDIA
24 COOKIE BAR RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO PLAY UNCLE WIGGILY | OFFICIAL GAME RULES | ULTRABOARDGAMES
UNCLE VAL'S GIN RECIPES
OUR RECIPES - TRADITIONAL ITALIAN INSPIRED FOOD - UNCLE GIUSEPPE'S
UNCLE WIGGLY BARS RECIPE
PIGGLY WIGGLY - DIVINE LEMON BARS RECIPE
UNCLE WIGGLY | THE RUTLES WIKI | FANDOM
WHY UNCLE WIGGLY WINGS DELIVERED CHOCOLATE TO CHILDREN
BOOK UNCLE WIGGLY | ETSY
PIGGLY WIGGLY - RECIPE: LEMON BARS
WEEK 2: COOKING DIRT CUPS VISUAL RECIPE FOR UNCLE WIGGLY AND THE …
HOMEMADE CREAM CHEESE BARS AND... - UNCLE WIGGLY’S WIENERS
CALIFORNIA GOLD BARS | PIGGLY WIGGLY
UNCLE LOUIE BURGERS RECIPE - CAROLYNN SPENCE | FOOD & WINE
UNCLE WIGGLY WINGS ACTIVITY BOOKLET - CIVIL AIR PATROL
- UNCLE WIGGLY'S HOT SHOES BLUES BAND
COCKTAIL RECIPES - UNCLE NEAREST PREMIUM WHISKEY - 100 …
UNCLE TOBYS RECIPES - 6 RECIPES | WOOLWORTHS
UNCLE WIGGLY WINGS TEACHERS GUIDE - CIVIL AIR PATROL
CHEWY HOMEMADE GRANOLA BARS THAT KIDS LOVE - EASY BUDGET …
- UNCLE WIGGLY’S TRIBUTE TO THE BLUES SONGS OF CHRISTMAS
UNCLE WIGGLY : BEST SONGS, ALBUMS AND CONCERTS - MOZAART
UNCLE WIGGLY’S WIENERS IN LULING - RESTAURANT MENU AND REVIEWS
RECIPES | PIGGLY WIGGLY
PIGGLY WIGGLY - RECIPE: OATMEAL FRUIT BARS
RECIPES | UNCLE CHARLEY'S
UNCLE WIGGLY'S HOT SHOES BLUES BAND DANCE PARTY!
UNCLE WIGGLY'S MENU, PRICES & HOURS OF OPERATION 2021
UNCLE WIGGILY BOOKS & TOYS: A LOOK BACK AT THIS POPULAR CHILDREN’S ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #canadian #easy #cookies-and-brownies #bar-cookies #comfort-food #taste-mood #number-of-servings
You'll also love