VEGETARIAN SALADE NIçOISE
- For the dressing: In a mixing bowl, combine Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, olive oil, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk to blend, add 1/4 cup water, and whisk again. Cover and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- For the salad: In a medium saucepan, combine potatoes, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaf, thyme and one tablespoon of the sea salt. Cover with cold water. Place over high heat to bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand in saucepan; do not drain.
- While the potatoes are simmering, place the eggs and two tablespoons salt in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Place over high heat to bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand in saucepan; do not drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 3 cups water and 1 cup ice cubes; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine 3 cups of water and 2 tablespoons salt. Bring to a boil, add green beans, and blanch until crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, and transfer to ice water. Allow to sit for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Cut the tomatoes into 12 irregular chunks, and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon sea salt. Drain and peel the eggs, and cut each egg lengthwise into quarters. Drain the potatoes, and cut into 1/3-inch rounds.
- In a wide, shallow serving bowl, mix romaine, arugula and baby greens. Add 3 tablespoons of the dressing to the greens and toss, adding additional dressing as needed. Arrange the tomatoes, eggs, potatoes and green beans around the greens, and sprinkle with olives. Drizzle with some of the remaining dressing. Refrigerate leftover dressing and reserve for another use.
VEGAN NIçOISE-STYLE SALAD
Salade Niçoise is a beautifully composed salad of French origin that looks fancy but is incredibly easy to make. The traditional version is often made with tuna, but here the fish is replaced with baked tofu, which makes a great stand-in. And the array of ingredients-white beans or chickpeas, slender green beans, tomatoes, and olives-makes it a splendid main dish salad for a summer meal, either on busy weeknights or festive occasions.
Provided by Nava Atlas
Yield 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make the vinaigrette:
- Combine all ingredients in a tightly lidded bottle and shake thoroughly. Shake well before each use.
- For the salad:
- Steam the green beans just until bright green and tender-crisp. Err on the side of undercooking rather than overcooking. Drain and rinse with cool water until they're at room temperature.
- On a large serving platter or large shallow serving bowl, arrange the lettuce or greens. Scatter the basil or parsley over it. Arrange the green beans, tofu, tomatoes, beans, olives, and artichoke hearts, if desired, in separate mounds over the lettuce or greens. Top everything with a few thinly sliced rings of red onion if you like.
- Drizzle a little vinaigrette over the salad, then serve at once, passing the remainder of the vinaigrette at the table.
VEGGIE NICOISE SALAD
More and more people in my workplace are becoming vegetarians. When we cook or eat together, the focus is on fresh produce. This salad combines some of our favorite ingredients in one dish...and with the hard-boiled eggs and kidney beans, it delivers enough protein to satisfy those who are skeptical of vegetarian fare. -Elizabeth Kelley, Chicago, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For vinaigrette, whisk together the first 8 ingredients. In another bowl, toss kidney beans and onion with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Set aside bean mixture and remaining vinaigrette., Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain. While potatoes are warm, toss with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; set aside., In a pot of boiling water, cook asparagus just until crisp-tender, 2-4 minutes. Remove with tongs and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. In same pot of boiling water, cook green beans until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove beans; place in ice water. Drain and pat dry., To serve, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; toss green beans with 2 teaspoons vinaigrette. Toss romaine with remaining vinaigrette; place on a platter. Arrange vegetables, kidney bean mixture, eggs, artichoke hearts and olives over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Fat 19g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 140mg cholesterol, Sodium 422mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "vegan nioise style salad recipes"
VEGETARIAN NIçOISE SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
3.5/5 (3)Total Time 10 minsCategory Healthy Lettuce RecipesCalories 366 per serving
- Gently toss green beans and potatoes with the remaining 2 tsp. vinaigrette; arrange on top of the salad greens. Top with tomatoes, egg, olives, and feta and serve.
VEGAN SALADE NICOISE – THE VEGAN LARDER
Reviews 3Servings 4Cuisine French, VeganEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a cup, mug or jam jar mix together all the ingredients until they are combined. Taste & adjust (add more oil, a touch more mustard- to your own taste!)
VEGAN NICOISE SALAD - LAZY CAT KITCHEN
5/5 (3)Category Large Plates, Salads And SoupsCuisine FrenchCalories 410 per serving
- In a small bowl, mix mustard and lemon juice. Slowly whisk in olive oil to emulsify. Season with maple syrup, garlic, pepper and salt - but go easy on it in as both capers and olives provide a salty element to the salad already.
- Cut cold (cooked) potatoes into thick slices. Heat up a tablespoon of oil on a non-stick frying pan and place potato slices on the hot oil. Let them cook on one side until browned and then flip over. You'll need to do this in batches and possibly use a bit more oil if / as needed.
- Cut your beans on the diagonal. Pan fry quickly with a clove of garlic on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until tender. Season afterwards. Alternatively, you could steam your beans or boil them in salted water, but pan-frying gives them more flavour.
- Arrange all the ingredients on a large platter. I went for a compartmentalised look, but you could also simply toss everything together gently. Dress and sprinkle with torn mint leaves.
VEGAN NICOISE SALAD WITH THE BEST CREAMY DRESSING ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsCategory SaladsCalories 435 per serving
- Whisk together olive oil, dijon, herbes de Provence, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss potatoes in olive oil mixture and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast until tender and slightly crispy - about 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a small pot. Reduce heat to low, then add green beans for 2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Immediately transfer to a bowl filled with ice water to stop cooking.
VEGAN NIçOISE-STYLE SALAD - THE VEGAN ATLAS
Cuisine Plant-BasedTotal Time 20 minsCategory Salads & SidesCalories 233 per serving
- Steam the green beans just until bright green and tender-crisp. Err on the side of more less cooked rather than overcooked. Drain and rinse with cool water until they’re at room temperature.
- On a large serving platter or large shallow serving bowl, arrange the lettuce or greens. Scatter the basil or parsley over it.
- Arrange the green beans, tofu, tomatoes, beans or chickpeas, olives, and optional artichoke hearts in separated mounds over the lettuce or greens. Top everything with a few thinly sliced rings of red onion, if you’d like.
- Drizzle a little vinaigrette over the salad, then pass it around for everyone to dress their individual salads. Serve at once.
VEGAN NICOISE SALAD | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
5/5 (19)Total Time 30 minsCategory EntreeCalories 713 per serving
- Add potatoes to a small saucepan and add warm water until just covered. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat slightly to medium / medium-high until the water is at a low boil. Cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes, or until completely tender and when picked up with a knife they slide off easily. Then drain thoroughly and let cool on a cutting board. Once slightly cooled, slice into 1/4-inch slices. Set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. Then add green beans or haricot verts and boil for 2-4 minutes, or until bright green in color and only slightly tender - they should still have slight crunch when bitten. While they're cooking, fill a large mixing bowl with ice water. Once the green beans are done cooking, drain thoroughly and immediately add to the ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and pat dry - set aside.
- Add drained, rinsed chickpeas to a small mixing bowl, along with sea salt, mustard, maple syrup, dill, and sunflower seeds. Stir to combine and mash a few chickpeas to create texture. Set aside.
- Add dressing ingredients to a mason jar (or whisk in a small mixing bowl) and shake vigorously to combine. Set aside.
VEGAN SALAD NICOISE – EASY SALAD RECIPES
Reviews 357Total Time 51 minsServings 4Calories 1444 per serving
VEGAN NICOISE SALAD - THEVEGLIFE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing except the olive oil. While whisking, slowly drizzle the olive oil until it becomes emulsified.
- The dressing should nicely serve about 4 people and lightly dress the salad. I do like to toss the warm potatoes with the dressing and give each plate a portion on the side. I prefer to dip into it as I go.
VEGAN NIçOISE-STYLE SALAD - VEG KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Composed SaladCalories 192 per serving
- Steam the green beans just until bright green and tender-crisp. Err on the side of undercooking rather than overcooking. Drain and rinse with cool water until they’re at room temperature.
- On a large serving platter or large shallow serving bowl, arrange the lettuce or greens. Scatter the basil or parsley over it.
- Arrange the green beans, tofu, tomatoes, beans or chickpeas, olives, and optional artichoke hearts in separated mounds over the lettuce or greens.
DELICIOUS CLASSIC FRENCH NICOISE SALAD RECIPE
Cuisine FrenchTotal Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 345 per serving
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat until it boils. Add in the potatoes and cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the water.
- Toss the cooked potatoes with the chopped capers, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To the same pot of water, add in the green beans and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Immediately remove the green beans from the boiling water and immerse them in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Set aside.
VEGAN NICOISE SALAD - SIMPLE VEGAN BLOG
Reviews 2Category SaladCuisine VeganTotal Time 30 mins
- Wash and chop the potatoes (we didn’t peel them) and steam or boil them until they’re tender (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- To assemble the salad, place the lettuce in a large serving bowl or plate and top with the rest of the ingredients (potatoes, broad beans, cherry tomatoes, vegan tuna, onion and olives). Serve with the dressing. You can also mix all the salad ingredients and the dressing in a large serving bowl or plate and serve immediately.
VEGAN NICOISE SALAD RECIPE + VIDEO - SIMPLY QUINOA
5/5 (2)Calories 223 per servingCategory Main Course, Salad
- Slice the tofu into four equal steaks. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle half the hers on top and rub this mixture over the tofu to evenly coat. Flip and repeat with remaining oil and spices.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, flipping halfway through until tofu is golden brown and crispy. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the salad by separating the remaining ingredients equally across four bowls. Slice each piece of tofu into strips and arrange on top. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
VEGAN SALAD NIçOISE » THE DEVIL WEARS PARSLEY
Reviews 1Category Main Course, SaladCuisine French
- To make the dressing, put all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and briskly whisk until well combined. Taste and add 1 more tablespoon olive oil, if desired
- To make the salad, fit a steamer basket into a large pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add 2 to 3 inches of cold water. Add the potatoes. Cover, bring to a boil and steam 18 to 20 minutes or until fork tender. Transfer the potatoes to a medium-sized bowl and let cool 15 minutes. Toss the potatoes with a scant 2 tablespoons of the dressing, cover and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble the salad.
EASY NICOISE SALAD RECIPE (VEGAN) - AVOCADO CENTRIC
Cuisine French-InspiredTotal Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 340 per serving
- Add the potatoes to a medium saucepan and add water until it covers the potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium until the water is at a low boil. Cook the potatoes uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans to the same pot with the potatoes and cook for another 4-6 minutes until potatoes are tender and green beans have a bright green color and slightly tender.
- In the meantime, in a small pan over medium heat, add 1 tsp oil and add the red onions and cook for 3-4 minutes. They should have a crunch to them. Set aside.
INSPIRALIZED: VEGAN WHITE BEAN NIçOISE SALAD
5/5 (1)Servings 4
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the potatoes, then string beans, and the white beans, all divided into sections. Add the capers to the white beans. Drizzle everything with olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss each section together until coated. Roast for 25 minutes until potatoes are browned, tossing everything halfway through.
- While everything roasts, prepare the rest of the salad. For the dressing, whisk all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette together and set aside. Then, halve the tomatoes and set aside.
- Once the vegetables and beans are done roasting, assemble your salads. Divide the greens onto plates or bowls. Top each equally with green beans, potatoes, white bean-caper mixture, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and then drizzle over with dressing. Serve.
VEGAN NIçOISE SALAD WITH AVOCADO - ONE GREEN PLANET
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
NICOISE SALAD (VEGAN, DAIRY-FREE) - CAROLINA CHARM
CLASSIC NICOISE SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
VEGAN NIçOISE SALAD | VEGNEWS
VEGAN NICOISE SALAD - NUTRITION | NOAHSTRENGTH.COM
VEGAN NICOISE SALAD RECIPE – VEGANRESOLVE.COM
VEGAN NICOISE SALAD RECIPE | KATHY'S VEGAN KITCHEN
CLASSIC SALADE NICOISE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
60 VEGAN DINNER RECIPES | THE FIRST MESS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long does it take to make vegan Nicoise salad?Vegan Nicoise Salad (30 minutes!) A plant-based version of classic Nicoise Salad with smashed chickpea salad in place of tuna. Fresh, satisfying, and ready in 30 minutes. Add potatoes to a small saucepan and add warm water until just covered.
What is a plant-based version of Nicoise salad?A plant-based version of classic Nicoise Salad with smashed chickpea salad in place of tuna. Fresh, satisfying, and ready in 30 minutes. Add potatoes to a small saucepan and add warm water until just covered. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat slightly to medium / medium-high until the water is at a low boil.
What do you put in your Salade Nicoise?They soak up the dressing and are SO yummy! Herbs: Some parsley or chives are definitely a good addition if you have some. A super easy and summery vegan salad inspired by the classic Salade Nicoise. 200g very good quality tomatoes (either cherry or larger. The important thing is they taste of tomato!)
What is tofu salad—and how is it made?The traditional version is often made with tuna, but here the fish is replaced with baked tofu, which makes a great stand-in. And the array of ingredients—white beans or chickpeas, slender green beans, tomatoes, and olives—makes it a splendid main dish salad for a summer meal, either on busy weeknights or festive occasions.