- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute the pepper and onions in butter or margarine until tender.
- Add remaining vegetables, water, bouillon, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer covered for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring soup to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Mix in the parsley. Just before serving, stir in the cheese until melted.
CREAMY VEGETABLE CHOWDER
This is a creamy but low-fat soup that is certain to warm the coldest winter chills. Made with simple ingredients, it is perfect for those snowy days when you don't want to head to the store.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Amy Brumfield
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add carrots and celery and cook for 10 minutes or until carrots become a little tender. Add water or broth, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add milk and parsley and heat just to boiling.
- In a separate bowl stir cornstarch into cold water. When completely dissolved add to hot soup, stir and serve.
PRISCILLA'S VEGETABLE CHOWDER
This is the perfect soup to warm up with on a cold fall or winter day. Serve it in a bread bowl to make it extra special. -Rhodes Bake-N-Serv, Jenna Jackson, Salt Lake City, Utah
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, broccoli, onion, carrots, celery, bouillon and water; simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. , In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add to vegetable mixture with the ham; simmer 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese just until melted.
This is one of my favorite winter time soups! Really comforting on a cold day! Very easy to make and everyone I know seems to love it. This re-heats well but it never lasts longer than a day at my house!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Theresa P
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- In a soup kettle add all vegetables and the 3 cups water and chicken bouillon.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a large saucepan melt butter.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes until nice and bubbly.
- Whisk in milk; bring to a boil.
- Add this to the vegetable-water mixture in soup kettle.
- Bring all to a simmer and add ham and shredded cheese.
- Bring to a simmer again and cook until cheese is melted and all is heated through.
- Serve and ENJOY!
More recipes about vegetable chowder recipe recipes