this recipe was found on the net and posted by request. original recipe was from helen chen's "peking cuisine". you can also use shrimp in place of chicken.
Time: 20 minutes
- add marinade ingredients to chicken and mix well
- marinate for 10 minutes
- while marinating chicken mix together the sauce ingredients
- set aside
- heat wok on high with the oil
- add the garlic and stir for a few seconds
- add the chicken and cook to 80% done
- reduce heat to medium and add the sauce , giving it a good stir
- cook for 1 minute
- add the walnuts and sesame oil
- cook for 1 minute more
- remove from heat and serve with rice and veggies
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- rice wine
- fresh ginger
- hoisin sauce
- dark soy sauce
- vegetable oil
- garlic cloves
- walnut halves
- sesame oil
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 10 to 12 servings
- Put the first 7 ingredients into a medium saucepan over low heat. Mix well with a whisk and bring to a simmer.
- In a small cup add the cornstarch and 3 to 4 tablespoons of water. Mix to combine, then add it to the sauce mixture. Slowly add 2 cups of water and continue to cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until it has thickened to a syrup consistency.
- Steam the chicken in a vegetable steamer over the bouillon liquid, in 2 batches. Cook until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken to a cutting board.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and the whole walnuts to a small frying pan over medium heat. Turn regularly until well toasted. Cool, then stir the walnuts into the sauce mixture. Put the sauce mixture over low heat and bring to a simmer.
- Slice the chicken into bite-size pieces and add it to the sauce mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve over hot rice or a mixture of white and wild rice.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 2 cubes or 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules, diluted in hot water
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 10 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 drops liquid garlic
- 3 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 6 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 12 pieces skinned chicken breasts
- 4 cubes or 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules, mixed with 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound whole walnuts halves
This recipe was found on the net and posted by request. Original recipe was from Helen Chen's "Peking Cuisine". You can also use shrimp in place of chicken.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Diana Adcock
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
- Add marinade ingredients to chicken and mix well.
- Marinate for 10 minutes.
- While marinating chicken mix together the sauce ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Heat wok on high with the oil.
- Add the garlic and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook to 80% done.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the sauce, giving it a good stir.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the walnuts and sesame oil.
- Cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice and veggies.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 ounces walnut halves, toasted
- 3 -5 drops sesame oil
Make and share this walnut chicken recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by chia2160
Yield 4 serving(s)
- heat oil in a skillet, add chicken and brown on both sides, 3-5 minutes per side, remove.
- add onions and garlic to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- add walnuts, cook for 1 minute.
- add flour, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, stirring.
- add broth, stir to mix well.
- return chicken to pan, cover, simmer 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens.
- stir in parsley, salt, pepper, vinegar.
- serve over rice.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
WALNUT-CRUSTED CHICKEN BREASTS
Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, walnuts add richness to this light breading; the coating keeps the chicken moist.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor, combine bread, walnuts, and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Process until fine breadcrumbs form. Transfer to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat egg white until frothy.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each breast into egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn chicken over and put skillet in oven. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Serve chicken with lemon slices and green salad.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, dried
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Seasonal green salad
WALNUT-STUFFED CHICKEN ROULADES
Whole-grain crackers and walnuts stand in for breadcrumbs to coat the chicken. Mushrooms add a smoky finish to the stuffing and provide iron, along with the spinach.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 10 thin, crisp whole-grain crackers, such as Kavli
- 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, chopped (3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 ounces spinach, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each), butterflied and pounded evenly
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion for-1-or-2 main-dish fruit poultry asian chinese easy beginner-cook dinner-party kid-friendly nuts chicken dietary stir-fry comfort-food high-protein low-carb inexpensive high-in-something low-in-something meat taste-mood number-of-servings technique
You'll also love
More recipes about walnut chicken recipes
Stir-Fried Walnut Chicken Recipe: How to Make It | Taste ...
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comIn a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons hot oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry onion and garlic in remaining oil … ...
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. , In another bowl, combine the remaining cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth.
- Stir in the broth and ginger; set aside. , In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons hot oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breast | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2019-09-20 · Step 1 Mix garlic, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, and thyme together in a bowl to make the "nut glue." Step 2 Season chicken breasts generously with salt, … ...
- Season chicken breasts generously with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Spread nut glue all over the chicken. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Toss walnuts over the chicken, press down firmly, and repeat on the other side to coat thoroughly. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 to 3 hours.
Unbelievable Walnut Crusted Chicken | Sally's Baking Addiction
Recipe From : sallysbakingaddiction.com2017-04-06 · Combine the walnuts, flour, salt, and pepper together in a shallow dish such as a 9×9 inch baking pan or a pie dish. Remove the chicken, shake off a little excess marinade and dip both sides of the chicken in the walnut mixture. Coat it really well so there’s lots of walnut … ...
- Place the chicken, olive oil, mustard, white wine, garlic, and dried thyme in a large zipped-top bagger container. Seal shut, give it a shake to combine, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Combine the walnuts, flour, salt, and pepper together in a shallow dish– I like to use a 9×9 baking pan or pie dish. Remove the chicken, shake off a little excess marinade and dip both sides of the chicken in the walnut mixture. Make sure you coat it real well so there’s lots of delicious walnut coating!
- Over medium-heat, heat a couple Tablespoons of olive oil in an oven-safe skillet1. Add the chicken and sear for 2 minutes, 1 on each side. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake, covered loosely with aluminum foil, for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
Pan Seared Chicken Breast & Walnut Sauce • Dinner • Two ...
Recipe From : twopurplefigs.com2021-02-22 · On medium-high heat, preheat a deep 9-inch skillet with the butter. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano on both sides. Start searing the chicken for about 5 minutes per side until slightly golden, but not cooked all the way through. Remove the chicken … ...
- On medium-high heat, preheat a deep 9-inch skillet with the butter. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano on both sides. Start searing the chicken for about 5 minutes per side until slightly golden, but not cooked all the way through.
- Add the extra tablespoon of butter to the skillet along with the garlic and walnuts. Sauté the mixture for a minute and add in the herb, and sauté for another minute. Add in the stock and cream and bring the mixture to a boil by increasing the heat to medium-high.
- Keep the heat at medium-low and add the chicken to the sauce. Allow the chicken to cook through in the sauce for 5 minutes gently simmering.
Chinese Walnut Chicken Recipe | June 2021 | Recipe Self
Recipe From : recipeself.com2021-04-30 · Recipe Ingredients: Boneless Chicken Raw Walnuts Sugar Soy Sauce Chinese Rice Wine Vegetable Oil Mushrooms Peas Potato Starch Hoisin Sauce Recipe Instructions: Cook sugar and walnuts in a saucepan and put them on parchment paper to cool Mix chicken with soy sauce, rice, and starch Cook mushrooms on a saucepan and adds chicken and walnuts consecutively ...
Honey Walnut Chicken Recipe on Food52
Recipe From : food52.com2014-05-06 · Directions. For the white sauce, melt the butter in a heavy saucepan on medium heat. Add the sugar, honey and mayonnaise and stir until mixed through. Add … ...
Walnut Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comIn a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and marinade in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken with slotted spoon and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli for 8 … ...
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon oil, soy sauce, bouillon granules, ginger and chili powder; add chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes to 1 hour., In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and marinade in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink.
Chicken With Lemons & Walnuts | Italian Food Forever
Recipe From : italianfoodforever.com2019-02-06 · While the chicken is browning, chop together the walnuts, parsley, and lemon zest until fine. Pour the chicken broth into the pan with the lemon juice along with the onions, and cover. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the chicken … ...
- Remove the onions to a small bowl, and then use the same pan to brown the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides.
Walnut Crusted Chicken - Crispy Oven Baked Chicken
Recipe From : savoryexperiments.com2014-02-24 · In the first bowl, combine walnuts, rosemary and panko. In the second, lightly beaten eggs and the third, flour mixed with fine sea salt and pepper. Lightly dredge each breast halve in flour, then … ...
- Cut each breast in half, then place on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap or wax paper. Beat with a meat mallet until 1/2 inch uniform thickness.
- Arrange three shallow bowls on the counter. In the first bowl, combine walnuts, rosemary and panko. In the second, lightly beaten eggs and the third, flour mixed with fine sea salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge each breast halve in flour, then egg and finally walnut mixture. Pat in walnuts to make sure you get a good, even coat. Place in a single layer in prepared baking dishes. Repeat with all chicken.
Chinese Walnut Chicken | An Authentic Recipe From My Time ...
Recipe From : cookingtoentertain.com2020-05-22 · Add the walnuts to the pan. Toss the pan around now with the walnuts, just to soften the hard or sharp sugar. I cook this for about a minute and then add the peas. Toss with the peas quickly, … ...
- In a saucepan on medium high heat add the sugar and allow to melt. You don't need to touch it. Once it is just melted add in all the walnuts and stir/toss the pan around so all the walnuts are coated. Pour the contents in one layer onto a sheet of parchment paper and let cool.
- In a bowl add the chicken pieces along with the soy sauces, rice wine, and potato starch. Mix everything up and let sit while you cook the mushrooms.
- Back in the pan add the oil and put the heat on medium high. When hot add in the quartered mushrooms and let cook. It's hard to overcook mushrooms so you don't need to worry with the pan too much. I let them brown on the edges and toss the pan every minute or so. After the mushrooms are sufficiently browned add the bowl of chicken and marinade.
- As soon as you add the chicken and marinade to the pan start stirring/tossing the pan. The chicken will only take 2-3 minutes to cook. While the chicken is cooking you can break up the walnuts.
WALNUT CHICKEN - PinoyCookingRecipes
Recipe From : pinoycookingrecipes.comWalnut Chicken. Combine soy sauce, ginger, cornstarch, wine, garlic and red pepper flakes in large bowl. Mix well. Add chicken, toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes to marinate. Heat oil in a large wok or skillet. Add walnuts; stir-fry for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Set aside. Add chicken … ... Show details
Crunchy Walnut-Coated Chicken Strips Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.com2018-06-08 · Crush corn flakes and walnuts using a rolling pin until cereal is finely crushed and walnuts are the size of rice. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper; shake bag to mix. Step 3. Dip chicken tenders in the egg to coat, allowing excess egg to drip back into bowl. Transfer chicken to corn flake mixture, 1 at a time, and gently shake until chicken ... ...
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine corn flakes and walnut pieces in a gallon-size resealable bag; press air out and seal. Crush corn flakes and walnuts using a rolling pin until cereal is finely crushed and walnuts are the size of rice. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper; shake bag to mix.
- Dip chicken tenders in the egg to coat, allowing excess egg to drip back into bowl. Transfer chicken to corn flake mixture, 1 at a time, and gently shake until chicken is coated. Arrange coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is cooked through and coating is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Walnut Chicken with Dijon Cream Sauce Recipe ...
Recipe From : bettycrocker.com2012-02-29 · In shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, flour, walnuts, sesame seed, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Brush both sides of chicken with garlic butter; coat with … ...
Walnut-Crusted Crispy Chicken Breast - California Walnuts
Recipe From : walnuts.org2010-06-23 · Dip each piece of chicken in flour, then egg mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture. Let rest for 10 minutes in the refrigerator until chicken is completely chilled and breading has set. Heat remaining 1/2 cup olive oil in a large skillet until very hot. Pan fry chicken for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. ...
Chinese Walnut Chicken — Appetite for China
Recipe From : appetiteforchina.com2013-02-12 · My version of walnut chicken involves first making candied walnuts. There are methods of making candied walnuts, involving toasting in the oven, deep-frying, or adding corn syrup or other excessive ingredients. But sometimes the most basic way is the best. You start off toasting the walnuts in a dry skillet. Then you melt sugar in a separate pan or pot until it fully caramelizes, then toss the ... ... Show details
Roasted chicken with creamy walnut sauce recipe | BBC Good ...
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.com2009-12-11 · Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a roasting tin, toss together the chicken, cumin, paprika, 1 tbsp olive oil and seasoning. Cook for 40 mins until the … ...
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a roasting tin, toss together the chicken, cumin, paprika, 1 tbsp olive oil and seasoning. Cook for 40 mins until the chicken is crisp and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, tear up 1 pitta bread and place in a small bowl. Pour over a couple of tbsp chicken stock and leave to soak. Dry-fry the walnuts in a frying pan for about 3 mins until golden and toasted. Set aside. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and cook the onion and garlic until softened. Place the softened pitta bread, onion mixture and most of the nuts into a blender. Pour over the rest of the chicken stock and whizz together until a rough paste forms. Return the mixture to the pan. Add the cream and lemon juice, season and keep warm.
- When the chicken is cooked, arrange on a platter. Stir the coriander through the sauce and spoon into a bowl. Roughly chop the remaining walnuts and scatter over the chicken. Toast the pittas, cut into wedges and serve alongside
Chicken in Garlic Walnut Sauce (Satsivi) - Vikalinka
Recipe From : vikalinka.com2015-06-19 · Instructions. In a bowl of a food processor or a blender combine walnuts, cilantro, chillies, garlic, lemon juice and ½ cup of chicken stock and process until you have a smooth paste. Set aside. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan and brown seasoned with salt and pepper chicken … ...
- In a bowl of a food processor or a blender combine walnuts, cilantro, chillies, garlic, lemon juice and 1/2 cup of chicken stock and process until you have a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan and brown seasoned with salt and pepper chicken pieces on both sides over medium heat. Work in batches to avoid overcrowding. Remove browned chicken on a plate and set aside.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the pan, then add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes over low heat until tender but not coloured.
- Add flour and stir, then add chicken stock gradually while stirring to combine and turn the heat up to bring to a boil, then turn it down, add the satsivi paste and stir to combine.
Walnut Crusted Chicken | Culinary Hill
Recipe From : culinaryhill.com2019-01-21 · In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg, Dijon mustard, and ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. In a second shallow bowl, combine the ground walnuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and … ...
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, rosemary, and Dijon mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Store covered in the refrigerator until assembling the salad.
- In a large bowl or serving platter, combine greens, sliced pears, pomegranate arils, feta cheese, and red onion. Or, compose salads in four individual servings plates.
Cilantro Walnut Chicken - California Walnuts
Recipe From : walnuts.org2019-11-12 · Place all Cilantro Walnut Sauce ingredients in a food processor and process until very smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Sprinkle chicken with onion … ...
Walnut and Rosemary Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com2010-05-11 · Step 2. Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat. Step 3. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add … ...
- Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add panko to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Combine panko, nuts, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
- Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on rack; coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until chicken is done. Garnish with rosemary leaves, if desired.
Walnut Chicken - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.com2017-11-24 · Home > Recipes > Poultry > Walnut Chicken. Printer-friendly version. WALNUT CHICKEN : 5 tbsp. Crisco oil, divided 5 tsp. soy sauce, divided 3 tsp. cornstarch, divided 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, skinned, cut into 1-inch pieces 1/2 c. chicken broth 1/2 tsp. ground ginger 1/2 tsp. dried red pepper 1 med. onion, cut into 1-inch pieces 1 clove garlic, minced 1/2 lb. broccoli, cut … ... Show details
Roast Chicken With Walnut-Herb Stuffing Recipe | Food ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.com2016-11-16 · Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Put on a large plate and refrigerate, uncovered, at least 4 hours or overnight to dry out the skin. Pat the chicken dry and … ...
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Put on a large plate and refrigerate, uncovered, at least 4 hours or overnight to dry out the skin.
- Pat the chicken dry and season the cavity with salt and pepper. Put the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan, tucking the wings underneath. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cook the butter, garlic and walnuts in a small skillet over low heat until the butter is melted and the nuts are lightly toasted, 5 to 7 minutes. Brush the chicken with 2 tablespoons of the garlic butter; transfer the remaining butter mixture (including the garlic and nuts) to a large bowl. Add the parsley, thyme and bread and toss to coat. Fill the cavity of the chicken with about two-thirds of the stuffing. Tuck the remaining stuffing on the baking sheet underneath the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Transfer the roasting pan to the oven and roast until the stuffing is toasted, about 20 minutes. Add 2 cups chicken broth to the pan and roast 40 more minutes. Use a spoon to scoop the stuffing out of the chicken and transfer to the bottom of the roasting pan with the rest of the stuffing. Reduce the heat to 425 degrees F and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F, 30 to 40 minutes.