WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS
When life hands you limes, make watermelon Jell-O shots.
Provided by Jeanette Donnarumma
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil
- Hollow out the inside of each lime using a paring knife and a melon baller
- (Reserve the lime pieces in a plastic food storage bag, freeze and use for a frozen margarita!) In a large measuring cup or a mixing bowl with a spout, combine boiling water, Jell-O, remaining ½ cup water and vodka
- Whisk until well-combined, about 1 minute
- Place each hollowed out lime half cut-side up in a muffin tin
- Fill each lime half to the top with Jell-O mixture and sprinkle 6-8 chia seeds in each one
- Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours
- Remove from the refrigerator and flip them over onto a cutting board, Jell-O-side down
- Using a very sharp knife, slice them in half lengthwise, to make a tiny Jell-O filled "watermelon
- " Garnish with a few chia seeds and serve
WATERMELON JELLO SHOTS
- Slice watermelon in half (through the spot where the stem was) and slice off a small round on the bottom of each half for stability. Cut around the perimeter with a knife and use a large spoon to scoop out the fruit.
- Pour the gin and Campari into a bowl and sprinkle the package of unflavored gelatin over the top.
- Empty your flavored Jell-O packages into a large glass measuring cup with a pouring spout and top with two cups of boiling water. Stir to dissolve the powder, then stir in the gin, Campari and gelatin mix.
- Set the watermelon halves on two small baking sheets and fill them to the top with the Jell-O mix. Place in the fridge to set for at least four hours.
- Once the Jell-O has set, slice into wedges as you would a normal, non-jiggly watermelon.
- In a large bowl, mix together the vodka, water and gelatin. Pour the mixture into the watermelon half. Refrigerate until fully set, at least 4 hours.
- Slice into wedges and serve chilled.
WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS
If you were a sporty type at school, you may remember those little orange slices that were given out at half time during matches. A momentary respite from jumping and leaping in the air on a cold windy netball court in the depths of winter seems to be a vivid memory from my early teenage years. Naturally, giving you a recipe for orange slices may have proven uninspiring so, with a bit of cooking magic, I would like to introduce you to my watermelon Jell-O shots... A happy walk down memory lane with a very modern twist. For an alcoholic version, replace 1/2 cup of the water with some vodka.
Provided by Lorraine Pascale
Yield Makes 56-64 (depending on the size of limes used)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put the kettle on to boil. Then put the gelatin leaves into a small wide bowl, cover them with cold water and set aside to soften.
- Cut the limes in half lengthwise, rather than around their middles, and, using a spoon, scoop out the juicy flesh. It takes a bit of wiggling and getting squirted by the juice, but you will get there! The trick is not to break through the lime skin. (You don't need the flesh for this recipe, but afterward I like to squeeze the juice out and freeze it in an ice-cube tray for handy lime juice needs at other times.)
- Set each half, cut side up, on a large tray, or put each one in the cup of a 12-cup muffin pan. They fit perfectly and don't move around too much that way. You will need two or three 12-cup muffin pans, but if you don't have enough, you can nestle the excess lime shells on top in between the others and they should sit still.
- Next, break up the strawberry gelatin a bit and put it into a heatproof measuring cup, then pour over enough hot water to reach 1 3/4 cups.
- Pick up the gelatin leaves-they will feel all soft. Gently squeeze out as much liquid as you can from them, discard the bowl of water and then put the soft gelatin leaves into the gelatin and hot water. Leave to stand for a few minutes until everything begins to melt, then stir a little until everything is completely dissolved. Next, stir in the sugar, if using, until dissolved also.
- Use the gelatin to fill each lime shell right up to the very top so it is almost overflowing. Let the shells cool down for about 5 minutes and then put them in the freezer for about 25 minutes to firm up (but not much longer or they will freeze!). They will set in the fridge also, but allow double the time.
- Meanwhile, prepare the passion fruit by cutting it (or them) in half and scooping out the seeds onto paper towels. Dab the seeds dry with the towels and set them aside.
- Halfway through the setting time (once the gelatins are just beginning to firm up), remove them and carefully arrange the passion fruit seeds on top. Arrange about six seeds on each one, keeping them away from the middle as you will be cutting them in half later, and lightly press each one down a little so it will set into the gelatin. Then return to the freezer until completely firm.
- Once they are firm, remove them from the freezer. Then, using a sharp, nonserrated knife, cut them in half, straight down (again, lengthwise), and there you have it!
WATERMELON JELLO SHOTS RECIPE - (3.8/5)
Provided by JimMac
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut large watermelon in half the long way and remove pulp. In a container mix the red jello, the gelatin and the hot water. Stir this mix until all the gelatin is dissolved. Add the vodka to your mix. Place watermelon in a bowl or pan to stabilize it. Pour jello mix into your watermelon Place in fridge for four hours to harden jello. Slice into desired slices.
WATERMELON VODKA JELLY SHOTS
If you're throwing a summer party these are sure to be a big hit! Cut into wedges and pass round
Provided by Chelsie Collins
Categories Buffet, Canapes, Snack, Treat
Yield makes about 15 watermelon wedges
Number Of Ingredients 4
- First, use a serrated knife to cut around the flesh of your watermelon halves. Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to remove all the flesh, including the pips, into a large bowl. Transfer to a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Strain the pulp through a fine sieve into a large bowl to extract all the juice. You should be left with about 800ml of watermelon juice. Meanwhile, put the watermelon halves in a medium roasting tin lined with kitchen paper. Make sure the watermelon fits in snugly so it's easily transferable to the fridge.
- Pour 50ml of the juice into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, add the sugar and leave to dissolve for 2 mins. Once cooled a little, squeeze out the soaked gelatine leaves and stir through the warm watermelon juice to dissolve. Once fully dissolved, combine with the rest of the watermelon juice and add the vodka.
- Ladle equal amounts of the juice into each watermelon half. Transfer to the fridge to set for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. When ready to serve, use a serrated knife to cut the watermelon into about 15 wedges. Serve with a warning: these contain lots of vodka!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 86 calories, Fat 0.1 grams fat, Carbohydrate 7 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 0.2 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein
WATERMELON MOJITO JELL-O SHOTS RECIPE - (4.2/5)
Provided by XrayKim
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a blender or food processor, puree enough watermelon to get 1 cup of juice. (The water content is so high in watermelon it's very easy to get that much juice) I used half of a small watermelon. Strain the watermelon puree so you get out all the seeds. Pour the watermelon juice in a saucepan (no heat yet). Sprinkle on two packets of Knox gelatin. Let it sit for a few minutes then whisk it until it's combined. Turn on the stove-top to medium heat. Add 4 tablespoons of sugar and whisk until combined. When simmering add one cup cold water. Pour your watermelon mixture into a 9×13 pan that has been lightly (very lightly) greased. Refrigerate until firm (2 hours or so). Chop some fresh mint leaves. Pour 1 cup water into a saucepan (no heat yet) Sprinkle on two packets of Knox gelatin. Let it sit for a few minutes then whisk it until it's combined. Turn on the stove-top to medium heat. Add 4 tablespoons of sugar and whisk until combined. When simmering add one cup cold white rum. Add your chopped mint into your rum mixture then pour into your 9×13 pan. Refrigerate until firm (2 hours or so). With a cookie cutter of choice (I started with a square as you can see, but then decided on the triangle) slowly cut out your jello shots. Press down slowly and make sure you don't have any mint leaves caught on the cutter when you move on to the next.
WATERMELON SLICE JELLO SHOTS
Provided by Laura Gummerman
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to scoop out the inside of the watermelon and set aside (to later eat, of course!). You want to scoop out most of the red flesh but still leave about 1/2" of the red part above the white rind. Place the hollowed out watermelon on a cookie sheet with paper towels folded/stuffed on either side to keep it from tipping over.
- Mix your two boxes of jello with the 4 packets of unflavored gelatin. Add in 2 cups of boiling water and stir until dissolved. Once dissolved, add in two cups of vodka and stir to combine. Pour the liquid into the halved watermelon (fill to the top!) and place into the fridge for 3-4 hours until the jello is set. Probably the hardest part of this recipe is carrying the tray to the fridge without spilling it!
- Once the jello is set, use a large knife to cut the slices like you normally would. The jello fills into the watermelon some so the top level shrinks a bit. Just use the knife to even out any rind that sticks up higher than your slices, and you're ready to serve your shots!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 shot, Calories 141 kcal, Sodium 5 mg
SOUR WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS IN A WATERMELON RIND
You've probably seen watermelon rinds filled with Jell-O; our version takes the idea a bit further. Here we use the watermelon juice from the scooped-out watermelon, spike it with a splash of vodka, and give it a sour flavor so it tastes just like your favorite candy. The result is an adult-friendly summer party pleaser.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 10 to 12 servings; makes about 20 wedges
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Using a large chef's knife, cut the watermelon in half lengthwise through the stem. Trim a small portion from the underside of each half so it can sit on the work surface without wobbling. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Scoop out most of the flesh with a large spoon into a medium bowl, leaving about 1/8 inch of flesh above the white part of the rind (this will help the gelatin to adhere).
- Transfer the watermelon flesh and any juice from the bowl and rind to a blender and puree until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth (or a coffee filter). Discard the solids and reserve the juice; you should have about 5 cups total.
- Measure 3 cups of the juice into a medium saucepan (save any remaining juice for another use). Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk the watermelon-flavored and unflavored gelatin with the citric acid together in a large bowl, then whisk in the warm watermelon juice until all of the gelatin has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the vodka until combined. Pour the gelatin mixture into the hallowed-out watermelon halves. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill until completely set, about 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Slice the watermelon in half lengthwise, then crosswise into small wedges. Serve chilled.
SLICED WATERMELON JELL-O® SHOTS
Little watermelon slices with a kick! The kids' version is fun too; just substitute 1 cup cold water for the vodka.
Provided by blancdeblanc
Categories Jell-O® Shots
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Slice limes in half crosswise, juice the limes, reserving juice for another use, and turn the rinds inside out. Scrape membranes and flesh from lime halves and turn peels back to form small cups with the green rind on the outsides. Place halves in a small dish, edges touching, to keep cups standing and upright.n
- Stir watermelon gelatin mix with boiling water in a bowl, mixing until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let cool to room temperature and stir vodka into gelatin. Pour gelatin mixture into lime peel cups. Refrigerate until set, 2 to 4 hours.n
- Use a sharp knife to cut each lime cup wedges. Sprinkle wedges with black sesame seeds.n
Nutrition Facts : Calories 48.7 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 10.6 mg, Sugar 4 g
More about "watermelon jell o shots recipes"
BEST WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS RECIPE - DELISH
Category Cocktail, DessertTotal Time 3 hrs 45 mins
WATERMELON JELLO SHOTS RECIPE - DIY JOY
THESE WATERMELON JELLO SHOTS ARE THE PERFECT SWEET TREATS FOR
WATERMELON JELL-O SHOT POPS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE JELLO-O SHOT …
SOUR PATCH KIDS WATERMELON MARGARITA JELL-O SHOTS
WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS RECIPE | POPSUGAR FOOD
HOW TO MAKE WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS IN LIME SLICES
WATERMELON BASIL MARTINI JELLO SHOTS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
10 BEST JELLO SHOTS VODKA RECIPES | YUMMLY
JELLO SHOTS RECIPE - LIQUOR.COM
WATERMELON JELLO SHOTS - TIPHERO
WATERMELON JELLO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BASIC JELLO SHOTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
JELL-O® SHOTS | ALLRECIPES
MINI WATERMELON JELLO SHOTS | BON APPéTIT
WATERMELON JELL-O - MIDGETMOMMA
HOW TO MAKE VODKA JELL-O SHOTS - TASTE OF HOME
WATERMELON MINT JULEP JELLO SHOTS - SWEET RECIPEAS
WATERMELON JELLO SHOTS - BIGOVEN.COM
WATERMELON LEMONADE JELLO SHOTS WITH VODKA AND WATERMELON …
GIANT WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS RECIPE - THRILLIST
THESE WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS WILL BE A HIT AT EVERY SUMMER PARTY
THE PERFECT VODKA JELL-O SHOT RECIPE (PLUS 65+ FLAVOR COMBOS)
THESE WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS ARE EXACTLY WHAT YOUR NEXT BBQ …
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY WATERMELON JELLO SHOTS
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE XXL WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS - TASTY
WATERMELON JOLLY RANCHER YELLOW SHOT - DIVAS CAN COOK
EASY WATERMELON MARGARITA JELLO SHOTS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
WATERMELON MARGARITA JELLO SHOTS - THE SOCCER MOM BLOG
HERE'S HOW TO TURN A WHOLE WATERMELON INTO A BIG-BATCH JELL-O …
WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS | RACHAEL RAY SHOW
WATERMELON JELLO SHOTS | HUFFPOST LIFE
WATERMELON MARGARITA JELLO SHOTS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
50 BEST JELL-O SHOT RECIPES - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
WATERMELON JELL-O SHOTS RECIPE BY LORRAINE PASCALE
WATERMELON JOLLY RANCHER JELL-O SHOT SLICES | POPSUGAR FOOD
WATERMELON JELLO SHOTS RECIPE – ONE COUNTRY
You'll also love