WHITE BEAN, SAUSAGE AND SPINACH CASSEROLE
White beans, Italian sausage, spinach and tomatoes make a flavorful and surprisingly sophisticated casserole. Casseroles might have a humble reputation, but this one is special enough to serve at your next dinner party.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Add onion, garlic, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes; continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables have softened slightly. Sprinkle flour over top, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add half of the spinach to sausage mixture; cook and stir about 1 minute or until wilted. Add remaining half of the spinach; continue to cook and stir about 1 minute or until wilted. Add tomatoes and beans; cook about 1 minute, stirring and scraping bottom of pan, until combined. Remove from heat; transfer to baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle over top. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges and brown on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 5 g, Protein 18 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1030 mg, Sugar 7 g, TransFat 0 g
BEANS & SPINACH
"One of our favorite appetizers at a local restaurant is made with white beans and escarole. It's nearly impossible to find escarole where we live, so we subbed in baby spinach and were pleasantly surprised by the result. Enjoy!" Patrick and Helen Reddy - Wilmington, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Remove garlic and discard. Add onions to pan; saute until crisp-tender. , Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 446mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GARLIC SPINACH WITH WHITE BEANS
- Heat a large skillet. Add oil.
- Sauté garlic 1 minute.
- Add all the spinach
- Lower heat to med and cover.
- Cook just long enough to wilt spinach (about 3 minutes).
- Add beans & stock and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135.9, Fat 4, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 0.5, Sodium 81.6, Carbohydrate 19.1, Fiber 4.9, Sugar 0.6, Protein 7.5
SAUTEED SPINACH AND WHITE BEANS
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, and add olive oil. Add diced onion, and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add beans, and cook until hot and slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and vinegar, stirring frequently until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the thyme, and season with the salt and pepper. Serve.
BAKED WHITE BEANS AND SAUSAGE WITH SAGE
This incredibly easy one-pan dinner is from the cookbook "The Silver Spoon for Children," with more than 40 traditional recipes adapted from "The Silver Spoon," a book that appears in many home kitchens in Italy. Older children with some experience can follow this recipe as is, but if you've got little ones who want to help, they can stir the sage, beans and apple juice together in a large bowl while the sausages bake, then you can pour the mixture into the hot pan. If you like your beans on the saucy side, add 1/4 cup more apple juice. Serve with buttered crusty rolls and something leafy and green.
Provided by Margaux Laskey
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, prick the sausages all over with a fork. Add the garlic, drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Bake until the sausages start to brown on top, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Put on your oven mitts, take the roasting pan out of the oven and set it on a heatproof surface. Using tongs, carefully turn the sausages over. (The sausages will brown on the other side when they go back into the oven.)
- Tear the sage leaves into little pieces and add them to the sausages along with the drained beans and apple juice. Give the bean mixture a stir.
- Wearing your oven mitts, put the roasting pan back in the oven and bake until the bean mixture is warmed, about 20 minutes.
- Put on your oven mitts one last time to remove the roasting pan from the oven. To serve, carefully stir everything together using a wooden spoon, and add a little salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 616, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 53 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 33 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 879 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SPANISH WHITE BEANS WITH SPINACH
- Cook onion and sun-dried tomatoes in 1/4 cup oil with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a 5- to 6-qt pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, water, spinach, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with pepper and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoon oil.
WHITE BEANS AND SPINACH
This skillet side is a variation of a recipe I received from my Italian mother. I've prepared spinach this way for years-because my children eat it happily! -Lucia Johnson, Massena, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place water, garlic and spinach in a large skillet. Cook, covered, over medium heat just until tender, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 561mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
WHITE BEANS WITH SPINACH & SAUSAGE RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by pga_jam
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Directions ** I can't believe I never told you how and when I add the sausage in! I am so sorry everyone I've been without a computer for several weeks so I couldn't add it in. Sausage- I cook the sausage in a cast iron skillet before adding to the beans. I like to sear it well on teh sides then cut it up ( if using sausage links). Once it's all cooked I add it along with whatever juice/grease that the sausage made from the pan and add it into the beans. If you cook in anything other than a cast iron skillet a little oil would help in the pan but I never add anything in the cast iron . *** Pour chicken broth and garlic into a large pot. Place on medium high heat and bring to a simmer. Add in the oil and oregano then beans. Stir it up before adding in tomatoes. Heat through till the beans are tender. If using canned it won't take long at all. Once beans are tender add in the spinach and cook just until the leaves are wilted. Stir it in and sprinkle cracked pepper on top.
QUICK SAUSAGE, WHITE BEAN, AND SPINACH STEW
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute (do not let it brown). Add the wine and simmer, scraping up any brown bits, for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and pasta and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the pasta is just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, sausage and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the spinach, stirring gently until it begins to wilt. Serve with the Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 665.6, Fat 31, SaturatedFat 10.5, Cholesterol 54.7, Sodium 1268.6, Carbohydrate 55.6, Fiber 7.9, Sugar 2.8, Protein 37.5
BBQ-FLAVORED WHITE BEANS WITH SAUSAGE AND SPINACH
I fully admit that this recipe screams "emergency dinner!" But it's spicy, hearty, high in protein, and best of all, ready for the table in about twenty minutes. Some nights, you need a main dish like that, and this one never disappoints.
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oil in a wide skillet or stir-fry pan. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sausage; continue to sauté, stirring frequently, until everything is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and barbecue sauce. Cook until piping hot, about 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cover. When it wilts down a bit, stir it in. Continue to cook for just a minute or so longer. Serve at once.
- A salad with a hint of sweetness balances the hearty, bold flavors in this dish. Choose Fruitful Red Slaw (page 177) or Creole Coleslaw (page 178). To make the meal even heartier, add some cooked quinoa or microwaved sweet potatoes.
- If this is truly an emergency meal, stick with the basics-microwaved Yukon gold or sweet potatoes and a simple green salad.
- Calories: 380
- Total Fat: 13g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 13g
- Sodium: 790mg
More about "white beans with spinach sausage recipe 375"
WHITE BEANS WITH SPINACH & SAUSAGE - IT'S MY SIDE OF LIFE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
QUICK SAUSAGE, WHITE BEAN AND SPINACH STEW RECIPE
10 BEST WHITE BEANS KIELBASA RECIPES - YUMMLY
SAUSAGES WITH WHITE BEANS IN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE, SPINACH AND WHITE BEAN SOUP
SKILLET SAUSAGE AND WHITE BEANS WITH SPINACH - VALERIE'S …
4.5/5 (34)Calories 575 per servingCategory Main Course
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring, until nicely browned. Add garlic and cook for just another minute or two until garlic is fragrant. Add chicken broth, cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and let it simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes to allow broth to reduce a little.
- Stir in fresh baby spinach and remove from heat. Continue to stir until spinach is wilted. Garnish with fresh ground black pepper and Parmesan. Ladle into bowls and serve with a hunk of crusty bread.
WHITE BEANS WITH SPINACH AND SAUSAGE - THE FOODIES' KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
WHITE BEANS WITH SPINACH & SAUSAGE | RECIPE | RECIPES, COOKING, …
SAUSAGE AND WHITE BEAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SLOW-COOKER WHITE BEAN, SPINACH & SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE
SPINACH AND WHITE BEANS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
WHITE BEANS, SAUSAGE AND FRESH SPINACH - FEAST ON THE CHEAP
WHITE BEAN, SAUSAGE & SPINACH SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
WHITE BEANS AND SPINACH RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND WHITE BEAN SKILLET - BUDGET BYTES
WORLD’S GREATEST GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITH SPINACH AND SAUSAGE
WHITE BEANS WITH SPINACH & SAUSAGE - RICHARD'S
LOOKING FOR THE WHITE BEANS WITH SPINACH & SAUSAGE RECIPE?
SAUSAGE, SPINACH AND WHITE BEANS – JOHN PLESHETTE MEAL OF …
WHITE BEAN SAUSAGE SKILLET - THE MODERN PROPER
SPINACH WHITE BEAN AND SAUSAGE ROTINI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
WHITE BEANS WITH SPINACH AND SAUSAGE – YEP YUMMY
SLOW COOKER WHITE BEANS AND SAUSAGE - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
WHITE BEANS WITH SPINACH | RECIPES, BEAN RECIPES, COOKING
WHITE BEANS WITH SPINACH & SAUSAGE RECIPE - PINTEREST
WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH SAUSAGE & SPINACH | HEALTHY SOUP RECIPE
GARLIC SPINACH AND WHITE BEANS RECIPE - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
SAUSAGE AND BEANS WITH GREENS | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
WHITE BEANS WITH TOMATO AND SAUSAGE - BUDGET BYTES
10-MINUTE WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH PARMESAN - CAFE DELITES
PENNE WITH WHITE BEANS AND SPINACH - EAT, LIVE, RUN
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND WHITE BEANS - LANA'S COOKING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook sausage and white beans with spinach?Remove the pan from the heat and stir the spinach into the sausage and beans until wilted. Season the mixture with a little fresh ground black pepper and top it with some grated Parmesan. Dinner is served! This comforting Skillet Sausage and White Beans with Spinach is on your table in just 30 minutes.
How do you cook beans and sausage in a pan?Add cooked sausage to the beans along with what's left in the pan. Pour chicken broth and garlic into a large pot. Place on medium high heat and bring to a simmer. Add in the oil, oregano, and beans mixture. Stir together before adding in tomatoes. Heat through until beans are tender. Add spinach and cook just until the leaves are wilted.
How to cook white beans and sausage in slow cooker?Slow cooker white beans and sausage is a delicious, easy and creamy dinner! Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add sliced sausage. (I don’t use olive oil, but you could.) Cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
How do you cook spinach and beans in a skillet?Heat a large skillet. Add oil. Sauté garlic 1 minute. Lower heat to med and cover. Cook just long enough to wilt spinach (about 3 minutes). Add beans & stock and heat through. Serve.