CREOLE CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until the roux is a light blonde color . Don't let it get too dark.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic and cook until the onions are softened.
- Add the stewed tomatoes, tomatoes with chiles, cream-style corn, whole kernel corn, and broth; cook over low heat at a simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the shrimp. Run the tip of a small, sharp knife down the back of a shrimp and remove the dark vein. Repeat with the remaining shrimp. Rinse the shrimp with cold water.
- Add the shrimp to the soup mixture and continue to simmer for about 10 more minutes.
- Season the soup with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot and enjoy! This soup can be the centerpiece of a light dinner or lunch, served with some crusty rolls or whole-grained bread. Store leftovers in the refrigerator and use it within three to four days. If you want to keep it longer, freeze individual servings in airtight containers. It will maintain its best quality for four to six months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 686 kcal, Carbohydrate 78 g, Cholesterol 319 mg, Fiber 7 g, Protein 48 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 2344 mg, Sugar 17 g, Fat 25 g, ServingSize 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
YUMMY CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP
What a wonderful recipe for a cold winter day! Not only will the steamy, creamy broth warm you, but so will the heat of the Rotel. Yummy, indeed!
Provided by Debbie W
Categories Cream Soups
Number Of Ingredients 15
- 1. In a large stock pot melt butter on med heat..saute onion , celery, and garlic until good and tender.
- 2. Once veggies are tender add flour to make your roux..bring to a bubble and dont allow to get brown.
- 3. Then add chicken broth and water and stir well to get everything is mixed. Do all this on med heat . Bring to a slow bubble Add all the seasonings.
- 4. Add tomatoes and corn bring to a slow bubble. For about 5 min or so. Then add shrimp. Once the shrimp are pink and curled add half and half. Bring back up to a bubble . Turn off. Cover for about 5 min then serve.
CREAMY SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP
- In a large pot over medium high heat, saute the shrimp and the onions in the butter or margarine for about 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, corn, broth, milk, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with French bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.5 calories, Carbohydrate 21.6 g, Cholesterol 91.4 mg, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 560.3 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings (about 1 1/2 cups fondue)
Number Of Ingredients 26
- Melt the butter in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and bell pepper and saute until the onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and mix well. Cook, stirring constantly, until the roux is blonde in color, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in the broth gradually, stirring constantly. Stir in the whipping cream, milk, creamed corn and corn kernels.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning and add to the pan. Add the liquid crab boil, then fold in half the green onions and simmer until the shrimp turn bright pink. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into soup bowls, then sprinkle with paprika and the remaining green onions.
- Blend together the granulated garlic, paprika, salt, cayenne, onion powder, black pepper, sugar, basil, celery seed and oregano in a bowl until combined. Store in an airtight jar for up to 6 months.
CAJUN CORN SOUP WITH SHRIMP
Cajun flavor dominates this wonderful soup. Living in Louisiana make cooking with Cajun spice second nature. It is the best!-Debra Dennis, Convent, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a heavy 8-qt. Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine oil and flour until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir about 5 minutes more or until mixture is reddish-brown (the color of a penny). Add onion and green onions. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. , Increase heat to high. Add hot water or broth, tomatoes and corn. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add shrimp; simmer for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts :
CHILLED CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP
Hot days call for cool foods, like this refreshing soup. Both filling and flavorful, it uses the best of summer's bounty. Seasonings can be adjusted to your tastes. -Mary Marlowe Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the shrimp, garlic and curry; saute until shrimp turn pink, 4-6 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and set aside., In a blender, combine the buttermilk, 2 cups corn, sour cream, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth; transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining corn and shrimp mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish servings with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 153mg cholesterol, Sodium 689mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
MOMMIE'S CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP
This is the BEST corn and shrimp soup recipe EVER! It was posted in a local church cookbook by my grandmother's neighbor, but my grandma swears that it is her recipe! Anyway, it is not a cream based soup but is very delicious. It is a little time consuming, but WELL worth the wait!
Provided by mrsjjkool
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make a light brown roux with oil and flour.
- Add onions, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Let simmer a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add to this mixture 3 cans of corn and chicken broth.
- Cook slowly for 1 hour.
- In a separate skillet, fry the shrimp in butter.
- After the shrimp turn pink, add to the soup mixture.
- Cook for 1/2 hour.
- Add green onions, parsley, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread and a salad and ENJOY!
NEW ORLEANS CORN & SHRIMP SOUP
Frank Davis is a resident cook in New Orleans as well as hosting his own cooking show. This is his recipe that I have adapted to my preferences. It is wonderful as an appetizer or a superb main course on a cold rainy day.
Provided by Luby Luby Luby
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Rinse shrimp in cool water then peel and save shells.
- In large pot place shrimp shells, 2 quarts of water and quartered onion and bring to a boil, gently boiling shells.
- Continue boiling until you end up with about 2 cups of stock (at least 45 minutes).
- Strain the stock into a bowl, discard shells and onion and set aside.
- In large heavy dutch oven melt butter over medium heat and saute the onions, green onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic until vegetables are soft being careful not to burn.
- Reduce the fire to low and add the shrimp cooking until pink, about 3 minutes (no more-do not overcook).
- Remove the mixture from the dutch oven and separate into 2 equal portions.
- Set one portion aside and run the other portion through the food processor until it is finely shredded (not pasty).
- Pour reserved shrimp stock in the dutch oven and add the shredded shrimp/vegetable mixture, whipping cream and whole milk.
- Mix well, turn heat to medium high bring to a gentle boil and stir uncovered for about 3 minutes.
- Add the creamed corn and crumbled bacon (or tasso), mixing well and cook for another 4 minutes.
- As it is simmering add the basil, salt, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne and tabasco.
- Next add the reserved whole shrimp (the unshredded portion), mixing well.
- Cover the dutch oven and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Place in serving bowls and garnish with cilantro.
More about "yummy corn and shrimp soup recipes"
SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP | THE COZY APRON
15 SIMPLY DELICIOUS SHRIMP SOUP RECIPES | MARTHA …
SHRIMP, CORN, AND TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - YUMMY.PH
SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP WITH HALF AND HALF RECIPES - YUMMLY
CREAMY SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP | LOVEFOODIES
SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP - LOUISIANA WOMAN BLOG
SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP WITH CREAM CHEESE RECIPES
CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
FRESH CORN AND POTATO SOUP WITH SAUTEED SHRIMP RECIPE
TOP 50 LOUISIANA SHRIMP CORN SOUP RECIPE RECIPES
YUMMY CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP | RECIPE | RECIPES, SHRIMP AND CORN …
SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP - TONY CHACHERE'S
SHRIMP AND CORN CHOWDER - DAMN DELICIOUS
17 BEST SHRIMP SOUP RECIPES (+ EASY MENU) - INSANELY GOOD
LOUISIANA SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
CREAMY SHRIMP & CORN SOUP - DIARY OF A RECIPE COLLECTOR
HEALTHY EASY SHRIMP CORN SOUP | SHRIMP SOUP | SHRIMP RECIPES
SPEEDY SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP - THE DAILY MEAL
SHRIMP SOUP WITH CORN AND BACON - THE SEASONED MOM
CREAMY SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP - AIMEE'S PRETTY PALATE
SHRIMP AND CORN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
RECIPE FOR CREAMY SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP
15 CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
EASY CAJUN SHRIMP SOUP RECIPE L ® (SOOOO YUMMY) - 100K-RECIPES
CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
15 SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP | AVOCADOS FROM MEXICO
SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP EASY SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP RECIPE
THE BEST NO-COOK RAW CORN AND CHILLED SHRIMP SOUP RECIPES WE …
YUMMY CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP - PINTEREST.CA
20 SHRIMP SOUP RECIPES - TABLE FOR SEVEN
YUMMY CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP | RECIPE IN 2022 | SHRIMP SOUP, …
CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP RECIPE - CHEFJAR
YUMMY CORN AND SHRIMP SOUP | RECIPE | SHRIMP SOUP, SHRIMP …
TOP 46 LOUISIANA SHRIMP CORN SOUP RECIPE RECIPES
CAJUN CORN SHRIMP SOUP - IMMACULATE BITES
SIMPLE AND EASY TACO SOUP RECIPE - HEALTHY FITNESS MEALS
SHRIMP AND CORN SOUP - GO MONEY MOM
You'll also love