AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES RECIPE
These crab cakes are very filling and taste like they are full of crab meat! The seasoning offers a light salty and smoky flavor.
Provided by Chad Campbell
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir well until evenly combined.
- Scoop out portions of the mixture and shape into 3 inch patties.
- Spray the air fryer basket with an oil mister or brush with olive oil.
- Arrange the patties in an even layer in the air fryer basket, making sure to leave room around each patty.
- Air fry at 370 degrees for 6-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of your patties.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52 calories, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 32 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 2 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, SaturatedFat 0 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 362 grams sodium, Sugar 0 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 1 grams unsaturated fat
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES WITH CHIPOTLE SAUCE
These deliciously crisp cakes are loaded with sweet crab. Not overmixing and allowing the mixture to rest before cooking helped the crab cakes hold their shape better, as did cooking them in an air fryer. Serve these hearty morsels with creamy chipotle sauce and you'll have a decadent dinner in no time.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- For the crab cakes: Whisk together the egg, mayonnaise, bell pepper, chives, parsley, lemon zest and juice, mustard, seafood seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of black pepper in a large bowl. With a rubber spatula or large spoon, very gently fold the crab and panko into the mixture. Try to avoid breaking up lumps of crab as much as possible. Cover the crab mixture with plastic wrap and allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. This will allow the panko to absorb more liquid and help bind the crab cakes together better.
- For the chipotle sauce: While the crab mixture is resting, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chipotles and adobo sauce, chives, parsley and lemon zest and juice in a small bowl until combined. Season with salt and black pepper and set aside. (The sauce can be refrigerated, covered with plastic wrap, up to 1 day.)
- Just before cooking, divide the crab-cake mixture into 4 portions. Lightly compact each portion to form a patty (about 3 1/2 inches in diameter) with your hands to ensure they hold their shape while cooking and place onto a large plate.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F and spray the basket with cooking spray. Place the crab cakes into the basket and spray the tops with cooking spray. Cook until deep golden brown and crisp, flipping halfway through and spraying again with cooking spray, about 16 minutes. Serve warm with chipotle sauce and lemon wedges.
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES
Air frying crab cakes means less mess and less cleanup, but at no sacrifice to taste. They're flavorful, crisp, and lighter than if cooked with oil in a skillet. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, aioli, or tartar sauce, as well as fresh lemon wedges.
Provided by lutzflcat
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, seafood seasoning, and hot pepper sauce in a small mixing bowl. Stir in green onion and set aside.
- Place crab meat in a medium bowl and break up with a fork. Add milk, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Add crushed saltines and baking powder and toss lightly to combine. Add to the egg mixture, stirring gently and being careful not to break apart the crab lumps.
- Scoop crab with a 1/3-cup measure and form into 8 patties. Place patties on a plate, cover, and refrigerate until firm, 1 to 8 hours.
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spray crab cakes on both sides with cooking spray and place them in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then gently turn the cakes over, and cook until crispy brown, about 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.7 calories, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Cholesterol 136.3 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 28.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 937.1 mg, Sugar 1 g
AIR FRYER CAJUN CRAB CAKES
This is a small batch recipe making just three crab cakes in an air fryer, but can be doubled easily. The seasoning is a starting point and can be adjusted as needed.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat an air fryer to 370 degrees F (188 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire, mustard, Cajun seasoning, salt, cayenne, and pepper together in a small mixing bowl. Fold in crabmeat gently.
- Form into 3 equal-size crab cakes using a biscuit cutter. Place cakes on a parchment round and transfer to the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer for 6 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until browned, about 6 minutes more. Serve with remoulade sauce on slider buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 557.3 calories, Carbohydrate 56.4 g, Cholesterol 147.1 mg, Fat 33.7 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 14.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.1 g, Sodium 1314.5 mg, Sugar 7.4 g
AIR-FRYER WASABI CRAB CAKES
With wasabi in both the crab cakes and the dipping sauce, this festive appetizer brings its own heat to the holiday party. -Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen (1/2 cup sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Combine first 7 ingredients; add 1/3 cup bread crumbs. Gently fold in crab., Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Drop heaping tablespoons of crab mixture into crumbs. Gently coat and shape into 3/4-in.-thick patties. In batches, place crab cakes in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Spritz crab cakes with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 8-12 minutes, carefully turning halfway through cooking and spritzing with additional cooking spray., Meanwhile, place sauce ingredients in food processor; pulse 2 or 3 times to blend or until desired consistency is reached. Serve crab cakes immediately with dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 49 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 179mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "air fryer crab cakes recipes"
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - AIR FRYER RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 150 per serving
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - AIR FRYING FOODIE
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Appetizer, DinnerCalories 179 per serving
AIR-FRYER CRAB CAKES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Fish & Seafood RecipesCalories 209 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
AIR FRYER BANG BANG SHRIMP RECIPE! | AIRFRIED.COM
EASY AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES RECIPE - PINKWHEN
FROZEN CRAB CAKES IN THE AIR FRYER - SUSTAINABLE COOKS
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES (GLUTEN-FREE OPTION) - CLEAN EATING KITCHEN
BEST AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - THE CAGLE DIARIES
SUPER EASY AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES | THE RECIPE CRITIC
20-MINUTE AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EASY AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - MY FORKING LIFE
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES LOADED WITH LUMP CRAB - A GOUDA LIFE
EASY AND SPEEDY TO COOK AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES
CRAB CAKES (AIRFRYER) RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
20 IDEAS FOR CRAB CAKES IN AIR FRYER - HOME, FAMILY, STYLE AND …
AIR FRYER FROZEN CRAB CAKES (IN 12 MINUTES OR LESS!)
AIR FRYER KETO CRAB CAKES - TASTEFULVENTURE
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES (MARYLAND-STYLE) - STRIPED SPATULA
AIR FRYER SOFT SHELL CRAB RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
FROZEN CRAB CAKES IN AIR FRYER - FOOD LOVIN' FAMILY
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - EVERYDAY FAMILY COOKING
BEST AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - HEALTHY & EASY! - MOMMA FIT LYNDSEY
BEST AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - SIMPLY WHISKED
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - RECIPE DIARIES
AIR FRYER COPYCAT LEGAL SEA FOOD CRAB CAKES - FORK TO SPOON
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - WENT HERE 8 THIS
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - FOODTASTIC MOM
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKE FRITTERS - MIX & MATCH MAMA
EASY AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - BONAPPETEACH
CAKE IN AIR FRYER TIME - AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES AIR FRYING FOODIE / IF ...
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - CRUMB TOP BAKING
SUPER EASY AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - GRAB JUICE
AIR FRYER RECIPE: CRAB CAKES | COOK WITH AIRFRYER
AIR FRYER OR OVEN BAKED CRAB CAKES - THE AVOCADO NUT
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - MEALTHY.COM
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES (LITTLE FILLER!) - DOMESTIC DEE
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES RECIPE -IRELOOP-
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
EASY AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - FORK TO SPOON
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES - I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long do you cook crab cakes in an air fryer?Spray crab cakes on both sides with cooking spray and place them in the air fryer basket. Cook for 5 minutes, then gently turn the cakes over, and cook until crispy brown, about 5 minutes longer. The top-of-the-line crab is lump crab meat, and although delicious, it's expensive.
How to cook lump crab patties in air fryer?Place lump crab, red bell pepper, green onion, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and old bay in a bowl and stir until combined. Gently form 4 patties with mixture. Place in Air Fryer basket and lightly spray tops with oil. Air fry on 370 degrees Fahrenheit 10 minutes. Open and Squeeze a bit of lemon over the tops before serving.
How to cook chicken kebabs in an air fryer?Instructions 1 Place red bell pepper, green onion, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and old bay in a bowl and stir until combined. 2 Gently form 4 patties with mixture. 3 Place in Air Fryer basket and lightly spray tops with oil. 4 Air fry on 370 degrees Fahrenheit 10 minutes. Open and Squeeze a bit of lemon over the tops before serving.
How to cook crab cakes?Whisk eggs, butter, basil, tarragon, Worcestershire, lemon zest, Old Bay, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/3 cup sour cream and 1 tablespoon chives together in a large bowl. Add crabmeat and panko and stir gently. With clean hands, shape the mixture evenly into 6 crab cakes (1/3 cup each). Generously coat the fry basket with cooking spray.