CREAMY APPLE SLAW RECIPE
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl & set aside
- Toss with slaw ingredients
- Allow to sit for at least 1 hour before serving
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 273 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 8 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SUMMER APPLE SLAW
From Southern Living May 2009 "Summer Living" Special Section, this is a nice combination of red and green fruits and veggies. Great as a side for bar-b-ques. You could probably use the short-cut of buying prepared slaw mix with the cabbages already shredded and ready to use - could even include matchstick carrots. NOTE: Prep time includes 1 hour chill time.
Provided by kitty.rock
Yield 8 1 cup servings, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine apples, cabbages, cucumbers, and jalapenos in a large bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, oil, salt and pepper. Toss with apple mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
APPLE SUMMER SLAW
Here is a low fat slaw that looks very good. It was served with Maple Glazed Pork Tenderolins and I have posted that recipe also. This would be an very simple, great tasting, low fat meal. This recipe is from Pillsbury Cool Cooking for Hot Days cookbooklet, July 1997 #197.
Provided by lauralie41
Yield 1/2 cup, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, blend together the dressing ingredients. Pour this over the salad mix and toss until well coated with dressing. Keep refrigerated until time to serve.
This apple slaw recipe is here to raise your coleslaw game! Thinly shredded cabbage, carrots, apples, parsley and slivered almonds tossed with a slightly sweet and tangy creamy dressing. Crunchy, sweet, nutty and oh so delicious! It is the perfect side dish for your next picnic, BBQ or potluck.
Provided by Olivia Mesquita
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Using a sharp Chef's knife, remove the tough core from the cabbages. Then slice each quarter into thin shreds. You can also do that using a mandoline or a food processor.
- Transfer the shredded cabbages to a large bowl and add the shredded carrots and apple. Toss to combine. Reserve.
- Make the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Taste and adjust the ingredients as needed.
- Pour the dressing over the apple slaw, tossing gently to combine so everything is thoroughly coated. Then, add the parsley and almonds, tossing again to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving, for best results!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 kcal, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 3 g, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 9 mg, Sodium 170 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 8 g, UnsaturatedFat 16 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SUNNY'S EASY APPLE SLAW WITH APPLE JALAPEñO DRESSING
- For the slaw: In a large bowl, toss the slaw mix, raisins, jalapeños, cilantro, parsley, mint and apples.
- For the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the pickling juice, apple juice or cider, chile flakes, chili powder, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the bowl of slaw and toss to combine. Chill for 2 hours, stirring once while chilling. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Whisk sour cream, sugar, vinegar, and ranch seasoning in large bowl to blend.
- Add cabbage mixture, apples, green onions and celery. Toss to coat. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Cover tightly and chill for 20 minutes or up to 4 hours. Serve cold.
FARMHOUSE APPLE COLESLAW
A friend from church gave me this apple coleslaw recipe that her grandmother handed down to her. The flavors complement each other well, while the fruit creates a refreshing change of pace from the usual coleslaw. -Jan Myers, Atlantic, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a serving bowl, combine the cabbage, apple, raisins, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 131mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CREAMY APPLE SLAW
- Whisk sour cream, sugar, vinegar, and ranch dressing mix together in a large bowl; fold in cabbage mix, apples, celery, and green onion. Toss mixture to coat; season with salt and pepper. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and chill until flavors blend, 20 minutes to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181.8 calories, Carbohydrate 28.7 g, Cholesterol 15.7 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 200.2 mg, Sugar 18.7 g
EASY APPLE COLESLAW
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, red apple, green apple, carrot, red bell pepper, and green onions. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Pour dressing over salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137.1 calories, Carbohydrate 25.2 g, Cholesterol 3.4 mg, Fat 4.5 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 107.6 mg, Sugar 19.5 g
- In large bowl, toss salad ingredients to mix.
- In small bowl, mix dressing ingredients until well blended. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 65 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 0 g
Serve this tangy vinegar-based slaw with roasted pork or Guy Turland's smoky Barbecue Brisket
Provided by Guy Turland
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put the apple, cabbage, garlic, chile, spring onion, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Pour over the vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
More about "apple summer slaw recipes"
SWEET AND SPICY APPLE COLESLAW - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
12 SUMMER SLAWS TO BRING TO ANY POTLUCK COOKOUT - BRIT + CO
CREAMY APPLE SLAW - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
APPLE SUMMER SLAW RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
CRUNCHY APPLE SLAW - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SUMMER SQUASH APPLE SLAW RECIPE - LA CREMA
15+ SLAW RECIPES TO MAKE ALL SUMMER | EATINGWELL
GRANNY SMITH APPLE SLAW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SUMMER SLAW RECIPE (DELI COPYCAT WITH STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS)
30 REFRESHING SLAW RECIPES FOR SUMMER | BON APPéTIT
APPLE SLAW - TASTE OF NOVA SCOTIA
THE PERFECT SUMMER SLAW | THE ADVENTURE BITE
APPLE SLAW RECIPE - EASY, HEALTHY, VEGAN - TWO SPOONS
KROGER DELI SUMMER SLAW RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SUMMER APPLE SLAW | RECIPES | NORTHMART - NWC
APPLE-CABBAGE SLAW RECIPE - THE MOUNTAIN KITCHEN
APPLE SLAW - EASY BUT OH SOOO DELICIOUS! - SALADS WITH ANASTASIA
COUNTRY APPLE SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SUNNY ANDERSON'S EASY APPLE SLAW RECIPE - TODAY.COM
APPLE COLESLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SUMMERTIME GREEN APPLE COLE SLAW RECIPE - HEART HOOK HOME
APPLE SLAW RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
CRANBERRY APPLE COLESLAW + MORE HEALTHY SUMMER SIDE DISHES
CHEDDAR APPLE SLAW • CURIOUS CUISINIERE - CULTURAL RECIPES
ASIAN SESAME APPLE SLAW RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
APPLE SLAW RECIPE • SALT & LAVENDER
SWEET ASIAN SLAW WITH APPLE AND CORN - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
APPLE SLAW RECIPE
FENNEL APPLE MANDARIN SLAW - FOREVER YOUNG GOODS AND EATS
SUMMER SLAW WITH APPLES | MY 17 DAY DIET BLOG
NADIA LIM'S HERBY APPLE SLAW | FOOD TO LOVE
RECIPE: APPLE-BACON SLAW | KITCHN
CARROT AND APPLE SLAW ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
APPLE SUMMER SLAW - CHAMPSDIET.COM
APPLE COLESLAW - CULINARY HILL
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #salads #fruit #easy #beginner-cook #potluck #picnic #summer #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #seasonal #apples #brunch #to-go #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love