There are two secrets to these simple avocado toasts: rubbing the bread with garlic for just a hint of flavor and adding a pop of crunchy sea salt on top.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a shallow bowl until chunky. Season with fine salt and black pepper.
- Toast the bread until browned and crisp. Lightly rub 1 side of each slice with the cut side of the garlic until fragrant; discard the garlic. Lightly brush the toasts with oil, and season with fine salt and pepper. Divide the mashed avocado evenly among the toasts, and top with more flaky sea salt, more black pepper and red pepper flakes if using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168, Fat 10 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams, Sodium 263 milligrams, Carbohydrate 16 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 4 grams, Sugar 2 grams
Low on ingredients? This is quick, easy, and surprisingly filling. This recipe capitalizes on the wonderful taste of avocado, so make sure yours is in season and ripe. The idea of this snack is that avocado will overwhelm the cheese, but the cheese will add an additional taste into the mix.
Provided by Sarah Ruiz
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Place bread on a baking sheet; top each piece with 4 pieces Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Cover each bread slice with sliced avocado.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.6 calories, Carbohydrate 21.6 g, Cholesterol 29.8 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 7.3 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 353.3 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
Avocado toast is creamy, crisp and so satisfying. It's a delicious and simple breakfast, snack or light meal! It's best consumed immediately, since the avocado browns over time. Recipe as written yields 1 slice of basic avocado toast; multiply as necessary.
Provided by Cookie and Kate
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Toast your slice of bread until golden and firm.
- Remove the pit from your avocado. Use a big spoon to scoop out the flesh. Put it in a bowl and mash it up with a fork until it's as smooth as you like it. Mix in a pinch of salt (about 1/8 teaspoon) and add more to taste, if desired.
- Spread avocado on top of your toast. Enjoy as-is or top with any extras offered in this post (I highly recommend a light sprinkle of flaky sea salt, if you have it).
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 slice whole grain toast with 1/2 avocado and pinch of sea salt, no toppings, Calories 237 calories, Sugar 2.1 g, Sodium 428.3 mg, Fat 15.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, TransFat 0.3 g, Carbohydrate 21.4 g, Fiber 8.6 g, Protein 6.1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg
It may seem silly to give a recipe for avocado toast, but there is an art to it, as with most things that are both simple and perfect. Here, you want to make sure of a few things: that the bread you use is sturdy and has some taste; that there's enough salt and citrus to bring out the avocado's flavor; and that you use a good olive oil to bring it all together. These garnishes, from the Australian café Two Hands in Manhattan, are tasty but unnecessary.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Toast the bread to your liking. Meanwhile, use a wide spoon to remove the avocado halves from the peel, keeping them in large pieces.
- Drizzle the hot toast lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Let cool slightly, then place one avocado half on each slice of toast. Use the back of a fork to roughly mash the avocado into the bread, keeping it as chunky as possible.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt, and pepper if desired. Squeeze the citrus over the top and add any garnishes. Cut each piece of toast in half if they're large and serve immediately.
AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG
I love avocado toast, and if you add an egg to it you have a full meal. Sometimes I use balsamic vinegar to flavor the avocado instead of the lemon juice. You can make the egg any way you like, but I like it best fried or poached.
Provided by barbara
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Crack eggs into the skillet side by side and cook until eggs are white on the bottom layer and firm enough to flip, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip eggs, trying not to crack the yolk, and cook until egg reaches desired doneness, 2 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, toast bread slices to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mash avocado in a bowl; stir in lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and sea salt. Spread avocado mixture onto toast. Top with fried egg and season with sea salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321.4 calories, Carbohydrate 20.8 g, Cholesterol 191.4 mg, Fat 22.9 g, Fiber 8.8 g, Protein 11.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 360.9 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
AVOCADO ON TOAST
Make this simple speedy breakfast with just a handful of ingredients. Our avocado toast uses crusty sourdough bread and a pinch of chilli for a kick
Provided by Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer
Categories Breakfast, Brunch
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cut the avocado in half and carefully remove its stone, then scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Squeeze in the lemon juice then mash with a fork to your desired texture. Season to taste with sea salt, black pepper and chilli flakes. Toast your bread, drizzle over the oil then pile the avocado on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501 calories, Fat 33 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 37 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 9 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
CLASSIC AVOCADO TOAST
This is such an easy way to add avocados to your diet. Use healthy multigrain bread and top with sliced radishes and cracked pepper or lime zest, or chipotle peppers and cilantro. You'll want to make this avocado toast recipe every morning! -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 serving.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Spread toast with olive oil; top with avocado slices. If desired, mash avocado slightly and drizzle with additional oil. Sprinkle with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160 calories, Fat 11g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 361mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "avocado on toast recipes"
5 MINUTE AVOCADO TOAST - DAMN DELICIOUS
7 TWISTS ON AVOCADO ON TOAST | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
AVOCADO TOAST RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY | BETTER HOMES
EASY 5 MINUTE AVOCADO TOAST | THE RECIPE CRITIC
12 AVOCADO TOAST IDEAS (THE VERY FAVORITES!) - ALL NUTRITIOUS
16 AVOCADO TOAST RECIPES THAT WILL INSTANTLY UPGRADE …
AVOCADO TOAST (6 EASY RECIPES!) - JESSICA GAVIN
BEST AVOCADO ON TOAST RECIPE - OSTRALI.COM
AVOCADO ON TOAST | SUPER QUICK & EASY | VEGAN IN LOVE
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | AVOCADO TOASTS | RECIPES
ORIGINAL AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE + 20 VARIATIONS
AVOCADO ON TOAST 4 WAYS - HOLY MOLY
HEALTHY 5 MINUTE AVOCADO TOAST | GIMME DELICIOUS
20 DELICIOUS AVOCADO TOAST RECIPES - YOUR DAILY RECIPES
AVOCADO TOAST: #1 CRUNCHY MOUTH-WATERING GARLIC AVOCADO - THE …
HEALTHY AVOCADO TOAST (5 WAYS!) | LIVE EAT LEARN
AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG - HEALTHY RECIPES 101
SPICED AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
GLUTEN FREE AVOCADO TOAST | CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
AVOCADO TOAST (WITH 6 TOPPING IDEAS) - LITTLE BROKEN
AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE: 6 WAYS | ELIZABETH RIDER
SMASHED AVOCADO ON TOAST 5 WAYS - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
TOP 44 EASY 5 MINUTE AVOCADO TOAST THE RECIPE CRITIC-RECIPES
AVOCADO SPREAD ON TOAST RECIPE | LIVESTRONG.COM
AVOCADO ON TOAST RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
VEGAN AVOCADO TOAST – REVOLUTION COOKING
BEST AVOCADO TOAST RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
5 LOW CALORIE AVOCADO TOAST RECIPES - LOSE WEIGHT BY EATING
AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE - HOME STRATOSPHERE
81 DELICIOUS WAYS TO USE AVOCADO (THAT AREN'T JUST ON TOAST)
AVOCADO TOAST: CALORIES, BENEFITS, DOWNSIDES, AND RECIPE
HEALTHY AVOCADO TOAST RECIPES | EATINGWELL
6 JAPANESE TWISTS ON AVOCADO TOAST アボカドトースト
AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
9 NO-COOK TWISTS ON AVOCADO TOAST - SERIOUS EATS
16 AVOCADO TOAST TOPPINGS FOR VEGANS AND VEGETARIANS
NOT JUST TOAST: 16 RECIPES THAT LET AVOCADO SHINE - SERIOUS EATS
AVOCADO TOAST - SPEND WITH PENNIES
AVOCADO TOAST - PAULA DEEN
AVOCADO ON TOAST - ALEX BECKER MARKETING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make avocado toast crispy?Mash the avocado with a fork in a shallow bowl until chunky. Season with fine salt and black pepper. Toast the bread until browned and crisp. Lightly rub 1 side of each slice with the cut side of the garlic until fragrant; discard the garlic. Lightly brush the toasts with oil, and season with fine salt and pepper.
Can You top avocado toast with an egg?Try it once and we think you'll agree: Topping avocado toast with an egg is a near-perfect breakfast. Read the full recipe after the video. Good avocado toast starts with good bread. Multigrain or whole-wheat bread adds another layer of flavor ( and additional fiber) to your avocado toast.
What are the best avocado recipes?The best avocado recipes always involve toast. Take yours to the next level with our unique twists, from Moroccan spices to posh crab toasts or crumpet style The best avocado recipes always involve toast. Take yours to the next level with our unique twists, from Moroccan spices to posh crab toasts or crumpet style Search Recipes Back to Main menu
What is easy 5 minute avocado toast?Easy 5 Minute Avocado Toast is a toasted grain bread with ripe mashed avocados with variations of toppings to make each avocado toast unique and flavorful depending on the time of day. Perfect for a quick breakfast, light lunch or snack! Toast the slices of bread until golden.