You'll be remembered for these cookies when you serve them for a morning coffee or at a gathering. Melted chips drizzled on top make them look fancy, but they're so easy to make. -Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars, coffee granules and salt until light and fluffy; gradually beat flour into creamed mixture., On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets., Bake 20-22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with baking chips and remaining shortening. Drizzle over cookies; refrigerate until set. Store between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 73mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cream butter, sugars and coffee granules together; gradually beat in flour and salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with floured 2-3 inch cookie cutters; place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Drizzle with melted chips.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir espresso powder into 2 teaspoons hot water until coffee has dissolved. Add coffee mixture and ground espresso beans to butter mixture; beat to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add to butter mixture, and beat on medium low speed until well combined, about 4 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Shape heaping tablespoons of dough into ovals. Arrange ovals about 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using a wooden skewer dipped in flour, make an indentation in dough lengthwise to achieve the look of a coffee bean. Freeze or refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are just beginning to brown, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Store up to 1 week in airtight containers at room temperature.
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - (4.6/5)
Provided by Gggoody
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Mix butter, brown sugar, instant coffee granules and vanilla thoroughly using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and corn starch. Form into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Gently press down on each cookie to flatten using fingers or a flat bottomed drinking glass (dipped in sugar to prevent sticking). Bake at 300ºF for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown. Cool for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine powdered sugar, milk and Kahlua; mix until frosting is smooth. (Note: if not using Kahlua, an additional tablespoon of milk may be needed). Drizzle cookies with frosting. RECIPE NOTE: For European-style shortbread, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pat into a 1/3-inch thick rectangle measuring 11 x 8-inches. Cut into 2 x 1-inch strips. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with a fork. Bake as above.
Attention coffee lovers! This is a recipe I got from a pamphlet advertising Starbuck's Winter Blend coffee. I made them just before Christmas, using a dark roast coffee from our local coffee company, and they disappeared very quickly. All who tried them asked me for the recipe. I guess they aren't a true shortbread because of the addition of the liquid, but they sure are tasty! The yield is 2-3 dozen cookies. I think I got 3 dozen, easily, using a small star-shaped cookie cutter.
Provided by J. Ko
Yield 24-36 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Set aside 1/4 c of your morning coffee to cool.
- Spread the ground coffee on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake in oven at 350 F for about 6 minutes, or until toasted. Cool to room temperature.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, then add the brewed coffee.
- Add the flour, toasted coffee grounds and chopped cranberries, if using, mixing until it is all combined. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Roll out the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into any shape using cookie cutters. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the cookies with the egg wash, sprinkle with sugar and press a dried cranberry into the center of each cookie.
- Bake at 300 F for approximately 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.9, Fat 11.8, SaturatedFat 7.4, Cholesterol 39.3, Sodium 85, Carbohydrate 18.9, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 8.9, Protein 1.7
3-INGREDIENT SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C.)
- Combine butter or margarine, flour and confectioner's sugar and beat for 10 minutes.
- Drop from teaspoon onto cookie sheet. Decorate with maraschino cherry pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146.5 calories, Carbohydrate 12.6 g, Cholesterol 27.1 mg, Fat 10.3 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 72.9 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
More about "coffee shortbread cookies recipes"
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES #CHRISTMASCOOKIES
5/5 (1)Category Dessert-Cookies & MacaronsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla extract, coffee extract, salt, and coffee grounds (if using).
- Slowly add the flour a little at a time until the dough is no longer sticky and comes together. Stir in the salt and coffee grounds.
BEST COFFEE TOFFEE SHORTBREAD RECIPE - PERFECT BREW
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
BUTTERY ESPRESSO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THE FLAVOR BENDER
SLICE & BAKE COFFEE SHORTBREADS - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
KONA COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
COFFEE COVERED ALMOND SHORTBREAD COOKIES - STARFRIT
COFFEE + CARDAMOM SHORTBREAD — SPROUTED KITCHEN
TURKISH COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
COFFEE NUT SHORTBREAD COOKIES - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE
COFFEE SHORTBREAD RECIPE - THREE OLIVES BRANCH
PERFECT SHORTBREAD COOKIES | FEASTING AT HOME
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - SUZIE THE FOODIE
RECIPES -DIPPED AND GLAZED COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
COFFEE CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE – ALLY BAKES
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
COFFEE SHORTBREAD – COOKING RECIPES
TOFFEE COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES W/ LINDT - FLOUR & SPICE
KONA COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - UMAMI HOLIDAY
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE
TOFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
16 SHORTBREAD RECIPES EVERY BAKER HAS TO TRY | TASTE OF HOME
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - CUT-OUT COOKIE RECIPES
COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD RECIPE - BREN DID
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
COFFEE ALMOND SHORTBREAD COOKIES - DELICIOUS NOT GORGEOUS
COFFEE SHORTBREAD | BAKING MAD
ESPRESSO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - COOKING THERAPY
COFFEE SHORTBREAD - PANERA AT HOME RECIPES & MEAL IDEAS
SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPES MARTHA STEWART - THERESCIPES.INFO
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - YUM TASTE
COFFEE SHORTBREAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
COFFEE SHORTBREAD COOKIES | RICARDO
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #hand-formed-cookies #rolled-cookies #desserts #eggs-dairy #american #oven #european #finger-food #holiday-event #vegetarian #cookies-and-brownies #chocolate #scottish #grains #dietary #gifts #christmas #seasonal #egg-free #free-of-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #brunch #to-go #equipment #small-appliance #mixer #number-of-servings #presentation #served-cold
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make coffee nut shortbread cookies?Coffee Nut Shortbread Cookies Process flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor for a few seconds until combined. Add butter and pulse until mixture becomes crumbly and resembles coarse meal, about 15 pulses. Add coffee, vanilla, and nuts, and keep pulsing until the dough starts to clump together, about 10-15 seconds.
How do you make shortbread cookies at home?A combination of nuts and coffee turn these shortbread cookies into an extra special treat and make a great gift for any occasion. Process flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor for a few seconds until combined. Add butter and pulse until mixture becomes crumbly and resembles coarse meal, about 15 pulses.
What are espresso shortbread cookies?Espresso Shortbread Cookies that are buttery and crumbly with a bold, bittersweet coffee flavor – these cookies are a TREAT! Classic shortbread cookies made with instant coffee (or instant espresso) powder, and dipped in chocolate. Espresso shortbread cookies are great for snacking and gift-giving! First published: 03/2015. Updated: 06/2019
What kind of cookies do you make with coffee?Coffee Nut Shortbread Cookies - Pretty. Simple. Sweet. Pretty. Simple. Sweet. A combination of nuts and coffee turn these shortbread cookies into an extra special treat and make a great gift for any occasion. These little cookies are perfect for coffee lovers to serve along with, well, a cup of coffee.