SPICY CREAMY CAJUN HAM AND BLACK EYED PEAS SALAD
This dish is really different and really good. It's quick and easy to prepare and sure to become a favorite. Degree of spice can be adjusted based on your personal preference. A great alternative to ham and beans or pea salad! Serve with warm, crusty bread and a tomato salad. Use fresh or frozen corn.
Provided by Miss Amy
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the corn into a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the corn is fully cooked, about 2 minutes. Drain the corn in a colander set in the sink.
- Mix together the warm corn, black-eyed peas, ham, celery, and onion in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together the sour cream, ketchup, cilantro, Cajun seasoning, and hot pepper sauce in a bowl until smooth. Stir the dressing lightly into the black-eyed pea mixture until thoroughly mixed. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162.5 calories, Carbohydrate 19.1 g, Cholesterol 14.3 mg, Fat 6.6 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 8.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 516.7 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
CREAMY CORN OR PEA SALAD
One of my favorite salads to serve at a BBQ party, feel free to add in other veggies that you desire such as red or green bell peppers :)
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place the corn or peas on a plate and pat dry using paper towel/s then place in a bowl with onions, cucumbers and celery (DO NOT add in the tomatoes you will add them in just before serving) toss to combine.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour over the veggies; mix well to combine.
- Season with black pepper and more salt if needed.
- Cover and chill for a few hours to blend the flavors.
- Just before serving add in the chopped tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321, Fat 19.2, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 24.5, Sodium 590, Carbohydrate 36.9, Fiber 3, Sugar 10.6, Protein 5.1
PEA CORN SALAD
A friend's father passed away and I was asked to attend the funeral remembrance with a dish. I thought this up on the spur of the moment and it was such a hit that I had to give out over 2 dozen recipe copies. It was gone in a jiff also. I truly didn't expect that response to it, but it is very good.
Provided by L.G. Estes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix peas, corn, and mushrooms together in a large salad bowl. Fold in hard-cooked egg, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, and pimento peppers. Season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225.4 calories, Carbohydrate 23.2 g, Cholesterol 44.2 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 518.1 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
More about "creamy corn or pea salad recipes"
CREAMY, EASY PEA SALAD RECIPE - ENGLISH PEA SALAD
5/5 (18)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 8
- Drizzle the mayonnaise mixture over the peas, and gently stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
CREAMY CORN & PEA PASTA SALAD | GIMME DELICIOUS
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6Total Time 20 mins
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente, drain.
- Place the pasta, bacon, peas, corn, bell pepper, onion and cilantro in a large bowl. Top with the dressing and gently mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir again just before serving. Enjoy!
CREAMY CORN SALAD - EASY CORN SALAD WITH CREAMY DRESSING
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 242 per serving
- Heat up a large pot of water over medium-high heat and season it generously with salt. Make sure to take off the husk and all the silk threads from the ears of corn before cooking.
- To cut corn kernels off the cob, stand corn up in a large mixing bowl cut side down. Slice the kernels off with a sharp knife from top to bottom, close to the part where kernels attach to the cob. Turn the ear of corn and repeat slicing the kernels off all the way around.
- Finely chop bell pepper and onion and try to keep the size small and uniform. Mince the parsley.
CRUNCHY CORN AND PEA SALAD RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4.5/5 (18)Category Side DishServings 12Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Cook peas until crisp-tender as directed on package. Drain; rinse with cold water to cool. In large bowl, combine peas and all remaining salad ingredients; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; mix well. Add to salad; toss to mix. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
- Line individual salad plates or serving bowls with kale. Spoon salad onto kale. Garnish with green onion and bell pepper.
BEST EVER CREAMY PEA SALAD WITH BACON | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.9/5 (7)Calories 2745 per servingTotal Time 15 mins
- Pour the creamy mixture in the large bowl over the peas. Toss until the peas are fully coated. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
10 BEST FROZEN PEA AND CORN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
PEA SALAD (PLUS VIDEO) QUICK AND EASY - IMMACULATE BITES
5/5 (2)Calories 312 per servingCategory Salad, Side Dish
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy-based pot. Sauté the bacon over medium heat for about 6-7 minutes or until the crisp bacon is crisp and browned. Transfer with a slotted spoon onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, and creole seasoning. Salt to taste. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, add the frozen peas, and onion. Add the prepared mayonnaise sauce to the bowl and thoroughly mix. Stir in half bacon and cheese.
CREAMY CORN, PEAS AND PASTA - FLAVOR MOSAIC
5/5 (6)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 92 per serving
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for about 1 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of flour. Stir for a couple of minutes until it makes a paste. Pour in the half and half and stir continuously for about 7 minutes until thickened.
- Add in the drained pasta, corn, and drained peas and mushrooms. Stir in the shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
CREAMY POTATO SALAD WITH CORN AND PEAS - PREVENTION
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4Total Time 39 mins
EASY CREAMY CORN SALAD RECIPE (VIDEO!) • THE SIMPLE PARENT
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked corn, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and green onions (reserve some for garnish). (*See notes below on recommended cooking method for frozen corn or follow directions on packaging.)
- Add the sour cream and mayonnaise and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Stir to combine all ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour before serving. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
CREAMY CORN SALAD RECIPE | RECIPE | CORN SALAD RECIPES ...
5/5 (131)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 10Total Time 15 mins
CREAMY CORN SALAD RECIPE | RECIPE | CORN SALAD RECIPES ...
5/5 (131)Total Time 15 minsServings 10
CORN, OKRA AND BLACK-EYED PEA SALAD | CANADIAN GOODNESS
Servings 4Energy 481 CaloriesCarbohydrate 41 gFat 29 g
PASTA SALAD WITH PEAS AND CORN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CREAMY CORN OR PEA SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CREAMY PEA SALAD | PINTEREST
SHOEPEG CORN CAN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
CREAMY PEA SALAD | PINTEREST
CREAMY CORN OR PEA SALAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CORN AND PEA SALAD BEST RECIPES - ALLUSRECIPE.COM
CAMERON DIAZ'S FAVORITE SNACK RECIPE: FRESH SNAP PEAS ...
SOUTHERN PEA SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
CREAMY CORN OR PEA SALAD RECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #salads #vegetables #summer #dietary #seasonal #corn
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make corn and peas salad at home?Place the corn or peas on a plate and pat dry using paper towel/s then place in a bowl with onions, cucumbers and celery (DO NOT add in the tomatoes you will add them in just before serving) toss to combine. Mix all the dressing ingredients together until well combined. Pour over the veggies; mix well to combine.
What is the best way to make creamy corn salad?Creamy Corn Salad is a simple corn salad made with a creamy dressing, instead of vinegar-based, red onion, bell pepper, and parsley. Heat up a large pot of water over medium-high heat and season it generously with salt. Make sure to take off the husk and all the silk threads from the ears of corn before cooking.
What is corn salad made of?It’s a simple corn salad made with a creamy dressing, instead of vinegar-based, red onion, bell pepper, and parsley. This delicious corn salad is full of flavor, slightly sweet, creamy, and has a delightful little touch of spice. Is any backyard barbecue ever really complete without a side of corn?
How do you make peas and Bacon Salad?To start, add the peas, cooked bacon, red onion, cubed cheese and chopped parsley to a large bowl. Make your creamy dressing by adding sour cream, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, and sugar. Pour on top of the pea mixture and toss until it is coated. Let chill in the fridge for about 3o minutes before serving.