Cook this simple storecupboard risotto in the oven while you get on with something else - the result is still wonderfully creamy
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Fry the bacon pieces in an ovenproof pan or casserole dish for 3-5 mins until golden and crisp. Stir in the onion and butter and cook for 3-4 mins until soft. Tip in the rice and mix well until coated. Pour over the wine if using and cook for 2 mins until absorbed.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and the hot stock, then give the rice a quick stir. Cover with a tightly fitting lid and bake for 18 mins until just cooked. Stir through most of the parmesan and serve sprinkled with the remainder.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 63 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 3.38 milligram of sodium
EASY PARMESAN "RISOTTO"
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the rice and 4 cups of the chicken stock in a Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset. Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente. Remove from the oven, add the remaining cup of chicken stock, the Parmesan, wine, butter, salt, and pepper, and stir vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy. Add the peas and stir until heated through. Serve hot.
EASY BAKED RISOTTO
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Melt butter in a 10 inch oven proof skillet (or a pot)over medium heat. Add onions and saute until onions are tender.
- 3. Add rice and cook for about 3 minutes stirring constantly until rice is well coated. Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Stir in seasoning and pepper.
- 4. Bake, covered at 350 for about 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is creamy (sometimes you need a bit more liquid so just add a bit of water or more broth)
- 5. The nutritonal values with this recipe are as follows: 5 servings (serving size 1/2 cup) Cal 81 Fat 2.3g Pro 2.3g Carb 12.8 Fib 0.4g Chol 6mg Iron 0.2mg Sod 253mg (its less if you use your own broth) Calc 7mg
KAREN'S EASY BAKED MUSHROOM AND ONION RISOTTO
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place Reynolds® Oven Bag in a 13x9x2-inch pan. Add flour, salt and pepper to bag. Gently squeeze bag to blend ingredients.
- Add onion, mushrooms, rice and 1 tablespoon butter to oven bag. Turn bag several time to mix ingredients. Arrange ingredients in even layer in bag. Fold down bag opening two times to hold it open; set aside.
- Microwave water and chicken broth in a medium microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup for about 3 minutes on high power until liquid is very hot. Carefully pour or ladle liquid over ingredients in bag. Carefully unfold bag opening.
- Close bag at gathers with nylon tie. Cut six 1/2 inch slits in top near tie.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Let stand 5 minutes. Carefully cut top of bag open. Spoon rice mixture into a large serving bowl. Stir in remaining tablespoon of butter and shredded cheese. Stir in up to cup additional hot water, if needed to make mixture creamy. Add additional salt and pepper and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212.4 calories, Carbohydrate 35 g, Cholesterol 14.9 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 651.5 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
OVEN-BAKED RISOTTO (SO EASY)
This wonderful and very convenient way of making a creamy risotto comes from German chef Tim Mälzer. He says: "While the risotto is baking in the oven, youll have enough time to prepare a yummy dessert." I hope youll enjoy this as much as we did! :) Note: The original uses mushrooms, but I used a mix of carrots and pak choi instead. Feel free to use veggies of choice adjusting sautee time as needed.
Provided by Lalaloula
Categories Short Grain Rice
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In an oven-proof, greased (or non-stick) casserole dish combine rice, rosemary, allspice and pepper. Pour over applejuice and warm broth.
- Cover pan with aluminium foil and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a skillet and sautee onion and garlic clove until lightly browned. Add vegetables of your choice and sautee until nearly done. Set aside.
- After the rice has baked for 25 minutes, remove from the oven, uncover and add vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese and bake (uncovered) for another 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 427.6, Fat 21, SaturatedFat 6.3, Cholesterol 22, Sodium 389.3, Carbohydrate 46.5, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 9.8, Protein 13.4
- Adjust oven rack to middle position, and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil or butter in a heavy-bottom Dutch oven or large ovenproof saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and prosciutto or ham; saute until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice (can be removed from heat and covered for up to 2 hours in advance), then add wine, and simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated. Turn off heat. Add broth and water. Cover the pot with a sheet of heavy-duty foil, pressing the foil down so it's concave and rests on the broth. Place a lid over the pot to ensure an even tighter seal.
- Set pot in oven; cook for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Use a potholder to remove lid and foil. Remembering that the handles are hot, set pot on low heat.
- Stir mixture, adding water if necessary, until rice is cooked and a little chewy at the center, the liquid is creamy, and the flavors of the new ingredients have melded in, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, peas and/or parsley. Adjust seasonings, including salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon into shallow soup plates, sprinkling each serving with shaved Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 463.9 calories, Carbohydrate 66.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 13.7 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 13.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 417.3 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
EASY BAKED RISOTTO
This recipe originally came from Donna Hay magazine, but it was such a fantastic recipe that I have used it as a base for so many other baked risottos. This is my favorite. Its a great way to get veggies into kids without them really tasting them. You can add all of these veggies, some of them, or completely different ones. Its is totally flexible. And once you have cooked your chicken you can put it in the oven and forget about it. No more standing at the stove stirring for half an hour!
Provided by DexterandLiz
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 3 big man dinners, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat fry pan over medium heat. Add small amount olive oil (enough to seal chicken breast and lightly cook veggies - not too much). You can add a small amount of butter to fry pan at this time but as you need to add it later, I prefer not to.
- Saute onions until translucent then add garlic. Add sliced chicken and brown lightly ( you can season the chicken here with whatever you would normally use to season - I actually use steak spice, which has a nice flavour). Then add your veggies (but no peas or English spinach at this stage). Remember you are not actually cooking the veggies at this point, you are just allowing them to soak up the flavour of the other ingredients.
- In a baking dish with lid (pre-greased), add 41/2 cups chicken stock, 11/2 cups arborio rice, and the content of your pan.
- Put it in the oven for 40 minutes and do something else for a while. Do not stir.
- After the 40 minutes are up, stir risotto and add parmesan cheese, butter (or olive oil - it still tastes just as nice), any peas or spinach, season & stir.
- This is also a really nice side dish if you omit the chicken, then you'll get 6-8 serves out of it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 715.8, Fat 22.1, SaturatedFat 8.4, Cholesterol 106.7, Sodium 712, Carbohydrate 80.6, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 8.6, Protein 46.5
More about "easy baked risotto recipes"
OVEN BAKED RISOTTO RECIPE - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
4.9/5 (7)Category Side DishCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr
- Pour the rice and 4 cups chicken stock in the Dutch oven and stir. Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. At this point, the rice should be cooked to al dente.
- Remove the rice from the oven and add Parmesan cheese, wine, butter, salt, black pepper, tomatoes and the remaining 1-cup chicken stock. Gently mix.
HOW TO MAKE EASY OVEN-BAKED RISOTTO | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCalories 504 per serving
- Cook pancetta until crisp. Place the pancetta in a 3- to 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat and cook until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Sauté onion and rice. Add the onion to the pancetta drippings and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the rice and stir until each grain of rice is coated in the pancetta drippings and begins to toast lightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine and pour in chicken broth. Increase the heat to high and pour in the wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits from cooking the pancetta and onion and stir constantly until no liquid remains, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in 4 cups of the broth, stir to combine, and bring to a boil.
EASY BAKED RISOTTO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.5/5 (12)Total Time 55 minsCalories 431Calories 432 per serving See details »
10 BEST OVEN BAKED RISOTTO RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
10 BEST OVEN BAKED RISOTTO RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
BAKED RISOTTO - AN EASY ITALIAN SIDE DISH
Cuisine ItalianCategory SideServings 4Total Time 40 mins
- In a Dutch oven (or other oven-proof pan with a fitted lid), melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent over medium heat, 5 – 10 minutes. Add garlic and white wine. Cook for 2 minutes to soften the raw wine taste.
- Add rice and stir with wooden spoon until coated with liquid from pan. Add 4 cups of chicken stock and cover with a tight fitting lid. Pop in oven and check after 30 minutes. If a lot of liquid remains, continue cooking in 5 minute increments until excess liquid has been absorbed.
EASY TOMATO BAKED RISOTTO - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
5/5 (21)Category Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCuisine ItalianTotal Time 50 mins
- Add the butter to a large oven and hob proof pan (that has a lid) and once melted, add the shallots and garlic. Gently cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the stock, tinned tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomato paste and salt and pepper and stir well. Put the lid on the pan and put in a preheated oven at 190°C/375°F/Gas 5 for 40 minutes, stirring half way through.
EASY RISOTTO CAKES - QUICK AND EASY WHOLE FOOD RECIPES
5/5 (12)Category Appetizer/Entree, Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 mins
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. While the oil is heating up, set up a breading station with three shallow plates with flour in one, the beaten egg in another, and the bread crumbs in the third.
- Divide risotto into 4 separate but equal portions. Form each portion into a round shape and dip first in the flour, then dip in the egg, then dip last in the bread crumbs. Place each cake in the hot oil and shallow fry for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until browned and crispy.
EASY BAKED PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE | TIDYMOM®
4.7/5 (6)Servings 6Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 36 mins
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a Dutch oven or heavy bottom skillet with a tight-fitting lid (I use my Braiser), Cook pancetta over medium heat and cook 6-8 minutes until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate. Add onion and garlic to the pancetta drippings and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until translucent. Stir in the rice and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Add 5 cups of broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to rice mixture and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover and bake 18 minutes.
- Remove risotto from the oven and place over medium heat. Uncover, add the remaining 1 cup of broth, Parmesan and butter. Cook stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes until rice is al dente and creamy.
NO-STIR CREAMY LEMON & HERB BAKED RISOTTO | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (35)Category SidesCuisine Italian, WesternEstimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Heat stock: Heat up the chicken stock until just before boiling using whatever method suits - stove or microwave.
- Pour everything into casserole dish: Pour the stock into a small casserole pot ~24cm/10" wide. Then add all the remaining Risotto ingredients - rice, butter, onion, garlic, pepper.
- Bake 35 minutes: Cover with lid or foil, bake 35 minutes or until rice is just cooked - tender but not mushy. The risotto will still look liquidy - that's what you want to ensure risotto is creamy at the end!
EASY BAKED CHICKEN AND BACON RISOTTO RECIPE - VJ COOKS + VIDEO
4.4/5 (44)Servings 6Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 55 mins See details »
20 FANTASTICALLY EASY RISOTTO RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Easy Traditional Risotto. Using freshly grated Parmesan cheese in this easy traditional risotto recipe is a must. A good-quality white wine will also enhance the flavor of this easy risotto recipe.
- Mushroom Risotto. The real magic in this mushroom risotto recipe comes from using mushroom stock, but any vegetable stock can be substituted. Meaty mushrooms give a savory, rich flavor to this tasty vegetarian risotto dish that makes a great lunch or dinner option.
- Crock Pot Ham and Pea Risotto. When you think about it, the low, slow heat of a slow cooker is the perfect way to make risotto. This yummy crock pot ham and pea risotto recipe turns out very smooth and creamy.
- Long-Grain Rice Chicken Risotto. Would you believe that regular long-grain rice works in this chicken risotto? The purists may stick to Arborio rice, which is certainly nice.
- Butternut Squash Risotto. Butternut squash risotto is a fantastic variation on the basic risotto recipe. Butternut squash is rich in both vitamin C and potassium, making this a delicious, nutritious dish you can feel great about enjoying.
- Baked Risotto Recipe. Baking the risotto in a hot oven, after the mixture is brought to a simmer on the stovetop, is a super-easy way of making this tasty rice side dish.
- Savory Chicken Risotto. Here's a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken (or use a supermarket rotisserie chicken), which adds satisfaction to a classic risotto recipe.
- Italian Sweet Pea Risotto. This elegant and colorful Italian sweet pea risotto recipe is made with sweet green peas and prosciutto for a classic variation on Italian risotto.
- Lobster Risotto. When you're cooking to impress, look no further than this divinely decadent lobster risotto recipe that's surprisingly simple to put together.
- Spicy Risotto With Red Pepper Recipe. Here's a low-fat vegetarian and vegan recipe for spicy risotto with red pepper, that gets plenty of kick from cayenne and red pepper flakes.
EASY RISOTTO RECIPES - AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsPublished 2021-06-20 See details »
EASY BAKED RISOTTO RECIPE - MASHED.COM
5/5 (16)Category Main Course, Side DishAuthor Maren EpsteinTotal Time 1 hr See details »
OVEN BAKED RISOTTO: FORGET STIRRING WITH EASY OVEN RISOTTO ...
Servings 5Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
BAKED MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Main Course See details »
EASY BAKED RISOTTO RECIPE - QUICK DUTCH OVEN SIDE DISH ...
See details »
SAFFRON RISOTTO WITH STUFFED CHICKEN (VIDEO) - EASY ...
See details »
BASIC BAKED RISOTTO | DONNA HAY
See details »
NATIONAL RECIPES: EASY BAKED RISOTTO ...
See details »
DISCOVERNET | EASY BAKED RISOTTO RECIPE
See details »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #healthy #main-dish #rice #vegetables #easy #european #italian #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #short-grain-rice
You'll also love