FRUIT SCOOP CAKE
A simple, moist and tender apple cake....delish with a cup of coffee or as a simple dessert with a bit of whipped cream!
Provided by LorenLou
Yield 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray an 8 or 9" square pan with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla, and melted butter, and stir until moist.
- Fold in the apples and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.7, Fat 10.2, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 37.1, Sodium 167.1, Carbohydrate 37.7, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 25.5, Protein 2.8
THE BEST FRUITCAKE
Fruitcakes have become the punchline of many a holiday joke, but this recipe will give the notorious seasonal gift a whole new reputation. Filled with loads of real dried fruit and nuts along with brandy, warm spices and citrus, this cake tastes like the holidays. The recipe makes two loaves so you can gift one.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Combine the raisins, currants, apricots, figs, prunes, dates, walnuts, pecans, orange zest, lemon zest, candied ginger, pumpkin pie spice and cloves in a large bowl and toss to combine. Add 1 cup of the brandy, orange liqueur and molasses and stir to coat. Cover and set aside to macerate overnight. (Alternatively, cover the bowl and microwave 2 minutes, or until very hot. Leave covered and let sit until almost all the liquid has been absorbed into the fruit and nuts, about 2 hours.)
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Spray two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray and line each with 2 pieces of parchment, one lengthwise and one crosswise, leaving a 2-inch overhang on each side. Spray the parchment with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup flour over the soaked fruit mixture and toss to coat. Whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is fully incorporated before adding the next and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce the speed to medium-low and beat in the flour mixture until the batter is blended and smooth. Pour the batter over the fruit mixture and fold with a rubber spatula until all the fruit is coated in batter.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two prepared pans, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake until the cakes begin to pull away from the sides of the pans, the tops spring back slightly when pressed and a cake tester comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer to a wire rack and brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons brandy. Let the cakes cool in the pans for about 15 minutes. Carefully remove each cake from its pan using the parchment overhang and place on the rack to cool completely.
- To store, wrap each loaf tightly in plastic and then foil. The wrapped fruitcakes can be stored in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
SCOOPED OUT CUPCAKE TARTS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the butter and the sugar. Using a hand-held electric mixer, combine until light and fluffy
- Add the egg whites and vanilla and beat on medium speed for about 1 minute. Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the batter and beat until incorporated. Add about half of the buttermilk and continue to beat on medium speed until well mixed. Continue adding dry and wet ingredients, scraping the bowl and beating until incorporated after each addition. End with the dry ingredients. The batter will be thick and glossy. Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Scoop out a small hole just in the middle of the top of the cupcake with a paring knife. Fill with fresh whipped cream and seasonal fruit. Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve.
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
NO BAKE FRUITCAKE
- In a large bowl mix the candied cherries, chopped pecans, sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, flaked coconut, raisins, vanilla, and crushed vanilla wafers. Batter will be very stiff. Place into pan and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475.1 calories, Carbohydrate 53.4 g, Cholesterol 7.4 mg, Fat 28.8 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.8 g, Sodium 116 mg, Sugar 31.7 g
STRAWBERRY SPOON CAKE
This unfussy cake with a top layer of jammy strawberries is so gooey it's best to serve the whole thing with a spoon. The batter comes together quickly with minimal effort, using basic pantry ingredients and a small handful of berries - frozen or fresh. If you're using frozen, be sure to defrost them in the microwave first. Extract as much juice as possible from the fruit by macerating and mashing it, so that it lends the cake additional moisture while baking. Add a dash of freshly ground cardamom or ground ginger on top before baking it off, if you like, or some ribbons of fresh basil once it's hot out of the oven. Whatever embellishments you decide on, burrowing warm spoonfuls of this cake beside scoops of vanilla ice cream is the most important thing.
Provided by Jerrelle Guy
Categories cakes, custards and puddings, dessert
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8-inch (square or round) baking dish with butter. Set aside.
- Using your hands or the back of a fork, mash the berries to release all their juices, and stir in 1/3 cup of the brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar, milk and salt, then add the flour and baking powder and continue whisking just until the batter is smooth. Transfer the batter (it's not much) to the greased baking dish, and spread evenly into corners.
- Spoon the strawberries and all their juices over the top of the cake batter. Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or just when a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes before spooning into bowls. Serve warm with ice cream.
More about "fruit scoop cake recipes"
FRUITCAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
27 BEST FRUITCAKE RECIPES FOR CHRISTMAS - FOOD.COM
50 CAKE RECIPES WITH FRUIT | MYRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
EASY THREE INGREDIENT FRUIT COCKTAIL CAKE - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
BERRY CRISP DUMP CAKE - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
10 BEST FROZEN FRUIT CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST FRUIT CAKE RECIPE - TWO SISTERS
SCOOP CAKE – DIRECTIONS - LUCKY LEAF
FRUIT SCOOP CAKE (APPLE CAKE) RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
FRUIT COCKTAIL UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EVERYONE'S FAVORITE FRUITCAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
FRUITCAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
THE UPSIDE-DOWN FRUIT CAKE RECIPE YOU CAN MAKE WITH ANY FRUIT
25 FABULOUS FRUIT-FORWARD BUNDT CAKES | TASTE OF HOME
SCOOP CAKE – HIROKO'S RECIPES - HIROKOLISTON.COM
SOUTHERN FRUIT COCKTAIL CAKE (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
CLASSIC EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE WITH SIMPLE ICING RECIPE
FRUIT CAKE CUPCAKE - THERESCIPES.INFO
20 CUPCAKE RECIPES FOR FRUIT LOVERS
FRUIT COCKTAIL CAKE: A FAMILY FAVORITE - SOUTHERN PLATE
OLD FASHIONED BOILED FRUIT CAKE RECIPE - SUPER MOIST!!
SCOOPED: FRUITCAKE ICE CREAM - SERIOUS EATS
EASY ONE-BOWL BERRY CAKE - CELEBRATING SWEETS
EASY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE (NOT DENSE! SPICE CAKE) - DINNER, THEN …
FRUIT CAKE COOKIES RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BERRIES AND CREAM ANGEL FOOD SCOOP CAKE | TASTEMADE
THE EASIEST FRUITCAKE RECIPE EVER | SBS FOOD
WORLD'S BEST FRUIT CAKE (MOIST FRUIT CAKE RECIPE) A BEAUTIFUL PLATE
SCOOP CAKE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BEST-EVER BERRIES AND FRUIT ANGLE FOOD SCOOP CAKE RECIPE.
TRADITIONAL POLISH CRUMB FRUIT CAKE RECIPE THAT TASTES LIKE POLAND!
EASY RECIPE FOR STRAWBERRY SCOOP CAKE -- REFRESHING RARE CHEESE …
CRANBERRY FRUIT SCOOP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
FRUIT LOOP CAKE RECIPE - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
YOGURT OATMEAL FRUIT SCOOP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
CAKE RECIPES WITH FRUIT | MARTHA STEWART
TROPICAL FRUIT SCOOPS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
10 BEST LAYER CAKE WITH FRUIT FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRUIT COCKTAIL CAKE (BEST DUMP CAKE EVER!) - KITCHEN DIVAS
LUCKY LEAF SCOOP CAKE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THE BEST CHRISTMAS FRUIT CAKE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
You'll also love