SPICY HABANERO JELLY
I do recommend wearing gloves. This is sweet & spicy so beware. This is great served over cream cheese.Try adding it to your favorite barbecue sauce for a little extra kick. Spread it on your sandwiches. I've added it to salsas. You can also make this with jalapenos and green bell pepper to get a milder jelly.As in the picture. Some recipes using the jelly!
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 7 1/2 pint jars
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Puree peppers and 1 cup vinegar in blender (be careful of your eyes HOT FUMES).
- Combine puree 1 cup vinegar and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin stirring while boiling hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from stove and skim foam.
- Stir in food coloring till eye appealing.
- Or skip if you like as is.
- Ladle hot jelly into clean hot jars,leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps Process 10 minutes in boiling water canner.
HABANERO PEPPER JELLY - RECIPE
Habanero pepper jelly is always good to have on hand. It is perfect for a simple morning spread on breakfast toast, of course, but youcan also use jelly as a sauce alternative. Just drop a spoonful over seared chicken or fish as a finisher. Enjoy the touches of sweet and heat.
Provided by Mike Hultquist
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a saucepan, add minced habaneros, sugar, vinegar, and salt.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add liquid pectin and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Pour mixture into sterilized jars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 128 kcal, Carbohydrate 32 g, Sugar 32 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Easy to make sweet red pepper jelly that is great with crackers and cream cheese. Simple canning with instructions for how to process in hot water bath.
Provided by Steve Cylka
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place all the peppers in a food processor and pulse until chopped finely.
- Transfer the chopped peppers to a large pot with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling and continue to boil for about 15-18 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Skim any foam which accumulates at the top and remove from stove element.
- While the jelly is still hot, ladle it into hot jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace.
- Screw on lids and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Provided by Sean Timberlake
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Put the cider in a large nonreactive pan and set over medium-high heat. Chop the peppers coarsely.
- Once the cider comes up to a simmer, add the peppers. Steep until you get the desired heat extraction; this should only take a couple of minutes. Strain the cider through cheesecloth (the more layers, the clearer your jelly; I don't mind it a little cloudy), and return to the pan. Turn the heat back on.
- Mix the pectin with 1/4 cup of the sugar. Whisk into the cider thoroughly. Bring the cider to a full rolling boil. Add the sugar, stirring well to mix. Bring once again to a full rolling boil for one full minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and skim away any foam. Ladle into sterilized jars, leaving 1/8 of headroom. Process using normal water-bath method.
HABANERO PEPPER JELLY
Blazing hot pepper jelly is addictive if you can handle it! The grated carrot adds nice color and texture. Pepper hotness and people's tolerance varies, so you'll have to experiment to find the right number to add. If chopping habaneros by hand, rubber gloves are recommended since the habanero peppers will burn the skin.
Provided by Lunasea
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Stir the vinegar and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat until the sugar has dissolved, then stir in the carrot and red bell pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 5 minutes. Add the habanero peppers and simmer 5 minutes longer. Pour in the pectin, and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Skim and discard any foam from the jelly.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pour the jelly into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2 inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 5 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81.6 calories, Carbohydrate 20.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 1.9 mg, Sugar 20.5 g
HABANERO PEPPER JELLY
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Process bell pepper, hot pepper, and vinegar in a food processor and blend well.
- Combine pepper mixture, vinegar, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat, strain through sieve and return liquid back to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pectin and food coloring.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal*.
- Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude*. Remove jars and cool. Check seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. *Cook's Note: Follow USDA guidelines for proper sterilization and canning procedures. * Sterilizing Jars Properly handled sterilized equipment will keep canned foods in good condition for years. Sterilizing jars is the first step of preserving foods. Tips: Jars should be made from glass and free of any chips or cracks. Preserving or canning jars are topped with a glass, plastic or metal lid, which has a rubber seal. Two-piece lids are best for canning, as they vacuum-seal when processed. To sterilize jars before filling with jams, pickles or preserves, wash jars and lids with hot, soapy water. Rinse well and arrange jars and lids open sides up, without touching, on a tray. Boil the jars and lids in a large saucepan, covered with water, for 15 minutes. Use tongs when handling hot sterilized jars, to move them from boiling water. Be sure tongs are sterilized too, by dipping the ends in boiling water for a few minutes. As a rule, hot preserves go into hot jars and cold preserves go into cold jars. All items used in the process of making jams, jellies and preserves must be clean. This includes any towels used, and especially your hands. After the jars are sterilized, you can preserve the food. It is important to follow any canning and processing instructions included in the recipe and refer to USDA guidelines about the sterilization of canned products.
HABANERO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by Pagingdrstarling
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Wash the peppers and remove seeds and ribs, and cut into chunks. Process each type of pepper, in batches, in a food processor until coarsely ground. Use rubber gloves when working with habanero and jalapenos. Combine ground peppers, sugar, and vinegar in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 6 minutes stirring frequently. During the boiling process it's imperative you stand by and watch the hot liquid as it has a tendency to flow over. You do not want an eruption of hot liquid in your kitchen. Stir in pectin and boil 3 minutes, stir frequently. Remove from heat and skim off foam. Pour hot jelly into hot sterilized jars, leaving ¼ inch head space. Wipe jar rims with clean damp cloth. Cover with metal lids and screw on bands; Process in hot water bath for 15 minutes. Makes 12 half pints. Hot Water Bath: in a large stock pot add enough water to submerge filled sealed jars, boil filled jars on medium high heat for 10-15 minutes, remove to a dry towel. Jars will make a distinctive "ping" sound when they've sealed correctly.
After much research on other Food.com recipes and some other sources on You Tube, I came up with the following. Nice heat, but won't cause you to breathe fire; you still get the taste of the peppers. Great over cream cheese with crackers, but also excellent on pork, burgers, whatever. Yum!
Provided by KT Scarlet
Yield 8 cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Remove stems from habaneros and seed and remove membrane on 8 of them.
- Remove stem from bell pepper, remove membrane and seed and chop coarsely. I had only small bells in my garden and I used two red and one purple. Together you should have 2 1/2 - 3 cups of peppers when chopped very coarsely.
- Place peppers and 1 cup of vinegar in a blender and puree.
- Cook peppers, remaining vinegar and sugar in a large pot and bring to a boil. Don't walk away, it can boil over in a moment!
- Stir constantly for 5 minutes, controlling the temp to keep it from boiling over I added a tablespoon of butter to help control the foaming, although I'm not sure I needed to.
- Remove from heat and strain. Return to a clean pot and allow to cool for an hour.
- Prepare jars, lids and water bath canner. You'll need enough water to cover jars by 2 inches.
- Add pectin. I don't add food coloring - I think the natural color is beautiful.
- Return to boil. When at a full rolling boil (can't be stirred away), cook for 1 more minute then remove from heat.
- Immediately fill jars leaving 1/2" headspace. Wipe rims of jars clean, put on lids and screw bands on tightly.
- Using jar lifter, place jars in canner and process for at least 5 minutes. I went a bit longer and all my lids popped down as soon as I removed the jars from the canner.
- Remove with jar lifter and place on towel or rack to cool for 24 hours. Check for seals. Unsealed jars should be refrigerated. Sealed jars should be stored in a cool, dark place.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 811.4, Fat 0.2, Sodium 10.1, Carbohydrate 205.9, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 202.8, Protein 1.1
HABANERO GOLD JELLY
Love the hot and sweet of this jelly. Like most hot pepper jellies, it is wonderful spread over a block of cream cheese. I also sometimes melt it down and use as a final baste on grilled back bacon, pork chops or chicken. Prep time does not include sitting time for apricots and vinegar.
Provided by Jan in Lanark
Yield 3 250 ml jars
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut apricots into 1/8 inch slices and measure into large stainless steel saucepan with the vinegar; let stand for four hours.
- Cut onions and peppers into 1/8 inch slices; cut slices into a 1/4 inch dice.
- Add to apricots and stir in sugar.
- Bring mixture to a full rolling boil.
- Stirring constantly, boil hard for one minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in liquid pectin, mixing well.
- Stir for about 3 minutes to mix solids, but put into jars before it gets too firm.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, dividing solids equally and fill to within 1/4 inch from top of jar.
- Apply snap lids and process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes if you choose.
- Once sealed you can rotate or invert jars while still warm to distribute solids if needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 838.6, Fat 0.2, Sodium 8.6, Carbohydrate 213.2, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 209.3, Protein 1
More about "habanero pepper jelly recipes"
BEST HABANERO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE JELLY …
Reviews 28Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer
HABANERO APRICOT JELLY SWEET AND SPICY - FLOUR ON MY FACE
PINEAPPLE HABANERO PEPPER JELLY | ROBERT ROSE
MEYER LEMON HABANERO PEPPER JELLY - AT HOME WITH REBECKA
HABANERO PEPPER JELLY - JAMS AND JELLIES RECIPES
HABANERO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
22 WAYS TO USE PEPPER JELLY - PAPPY'S GOURMET AND LIZ & LINDA'S
HOW TO MAKE HABANERO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE - GREEN THUMB …
RECIPE FOR HABANERO PEPPER JELLY - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HABANERO PEPPER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BERNARDIN HOME CANNING: BECAUSE YOU CAN: HABANERO GOLD JELLY
HABANERO PEPPER JAM RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
THE BEST APRICOT HABANERO PEPPER JELLY - AUDREY'S LITTLE FARM
HABANERO PEPPER JELLY - MY HOT SOUTHERN MESS
HOTTER THAN THE HINGES OF HELL HABANERO JELLY - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
PEACH HABANERO PEPPER JELLY – SAVORYREVIEWS
10 BEST HABANERO JAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
PEACH HABANERO JAM - COOKING WITH CARLEE
PINEAPPLE HABANERO JELLY - SOUTHERN KISSED
SPICY PINEAPPLE HABANERO JELLY - SIMPLE PEPPER JELLY RECIPE - A …
HABANERO PEPPER JELLY | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
HABANERO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
DESERT GARDEN HABANERO SEASONING - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPE: PINEAPPLE HABANERO PEPPER JELLY - BCLIVING
HABANERO PEPPER RECIPES
MANGO HABANERO JAM - PEPPERSCALE
PINEAPPLE HABANERO PEPPER JELLY | RECIPE | CANNING RECIPES
SPICY HABANERO-MINT JELLY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HABANERO JELLY RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BUY HABANERO PEPPER JELLY ONLINE - GRANDMA JONES' ORIGINALS …
9 BEST HABANERO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE IDEAS - PINTEREST
CRANBERRY-HABANERO JELLY - POMONA'S UNIVERSAL PECTIN
HABANERO JELLY RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
RHUBARB HABANERO JELLY : SERVED WITH ICE : CHEESE TRAY ADD ON
PEPPER JELLY RECIPES - GRANDMA JONES' ORIGINALS PEPPER JAM
HABANERO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE ON FOOD52 | RECIPE | PEPPER JELLY …
BRIMSTONE ORIGINALS PEPPER JELLY HABANERO PEPPER RECIPES
PINEAPPLE HABANERO PEPPER JELLY - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH
JAMS AND JELLIES RECIPE: HABANERO PEPPER JELLY BY LUNASEA – …
You'll also love